Word excel questions

Hi, I have 3 windows Xp home edition sp2 pc's. Unfortunetly, none of them
came with Microsoft Word.  The pc's did come with Word perfect 10 by Corel.

My teen has to be away from school for several days. In her computer class,
they use word and will be doing some Excel things. She will do some make ups
at home. Is it possible to get Word w/excell for free? Or maybe a trial
version for free until she is able to return to school?

I told the teacher all this and mentioned that there may be a trial version
online. Any tips would be great. thanks in advance

--
Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !

0
Marcy

Go to www.microsoft.com and hunt
Some weeks ago there was an offer to students (a very low cost for all of
Office 2007)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Marcy" <RM@RMcom> wrote in message
> Hi, I have 3 windows Xp home edition sp2 pc's. Unfortunetly, none of them
> came with Microsoft Word.  The pc's did come with Word perfect 10 by
> Corel.
>
> My teen has to be away from school for several days. In her computer
> class, they use word and will be doing some Excel things. She will do some
> make ups at home. Is it possible to get Word w/excell for free? Or maybe a
> trial version for free until she is able to return to school?
>
> I told the teacher all this and mentioned that there may be a trial
> version online. Any tips would be great. thanks in advance
>
> --
> Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
2/15/2008 9:06:14 PM
Maybe a free spreadsheet program would work:
http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

or...

Google Docs offers a free online spreadsheet program (and a word processing
program and a presentation program, too) that may work for you:
http://docs.google.com

If you have a valid email address (college/university), you can get office 2007
pretty cheaply (60USD):
http://www.theultimatesteal.com/home.asp

This describes what's in it:
http://www.microsoft.com/education/ultimatesteal.mspx

IIRC, this offer expires April 30, 2008.

Marcy wrote:

> Hi, I have 3 windows Xp home edition sp2 pc's. Unfortunetly, none of them
> came with Microsoft Word.  The pc's did come with Word perfect 10 by Corel.
>
> My teen has to be away from school for several days. In her computer class,
> they use word and will be doing some Excel things. She will do some make ups
> at home. Is it possible to get Word w/excell for free? Or maybe a trial
> version for free until she is able to return to school?
>
> I told the teacher all this and mentioned that there may be a trial version
> online. Any tips would be great. thanks in advance
>
> --
> Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !

--

Dave Peterson
0

--

Dave Peterson
0

http://www.nextag.co.uk/microsoft-office-student-2007/zzukzB1z0--search-html

Details of Student Versions, the only problem with these is that they are
often the latest version and hardly any schools will have the 2007 version,
else try ebay.

"Marcy" <RM@RMcom> wrote in message
> Hi, I have 3 windows Xp home edition sp2 pc's. Unfortunetly, none of them
> came with Microsoft Word.  The pc's did come with Word perfect 10 by
> Corel.
>
> My teen has to be away from school for several days. In her computer
> class, they use word and will be doing some Excel things. She will do some
> make ups at home. Is it possible to get Word w/excell for free? Or maybe a
> trial version for free until she is able to return to school?
>
> I told the teacher all this and mentioned that there may be a trial
> version online. Any tips would be great. thanks in advance
>
> --
> Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !

Pass Through to SQL Server Optimization Questions
On an autoexec function several recordsets are opened. Some are queries to local tables, some are to sql server tables. I have been trying to optimize performance but I haven't seen much difference in speed between queries run directly against linked SQL Server tables vs pass through queries. Here is my code for creating the pass throughs (I have another function OpenRecordSetLocal that handles queries to tables within the frontend. The ODBC connection string resides in the query Q_PassThrough. Am I missing something key? Is there a better way to do this? Thanks. Function OpenRecord...

Excel Maximized Larger than Screen?
I was on a PC yesterday where Excel Maximized was larger than the PC Screen ... very annoying ... What is the setup required to set Excel Maximized to PC Screen Size ... As always ... My many Thanks to those of you that support this board ... Kha ... Do you mean excel or a workbook within excel? If you meant excel, then I'm gonna guess (and it's just a guess) that either windows got confused (or you changed the display properties for your windows setting 1024x768 type of thing). I'd resize it and see if that fixed the problem. If it did, I'd chalk it up to one time thin...

How to export policies to excel
Hello All, Our organization has an in-house security tool that generates a text file with lists of policies and violations. A VB script reads that text file and populates certain cells on an excel file. There is one column for each db and one row for each policy. All are SQL 2000 and 2005 version. New policies are not covered by the tool. So it needs to be tool+manual scrips, or PBM, maybe? I wonder if it can be done through Policy Based Management. I am not sure how easy to generate a similar excel file out of SQL Server policies. Has anyone used Powershell and/or Report...

Word could not load the e-mail envelope
Word could not load the e-mail envelope. This could be caused by a network connection problem or a problem with your Office installation. Trying to send email from within MS word It used to work, but now is broken. Client: WinXP, Word XP & Outlook 2003 Server: Exchange 2003 David Lewis wrote: > Word could not load the e-mail envelope. This could be caused by a > network connection problem or a problem with your Office installation. > > Trying to send email from within MS word > It used to work, but now is broken. > Client: WinXP, Word XP & Outlook 2003 > Serve...

Excel sheet not visible
When I open a local copy all I can see is the content of 1 cell in the menu bar, the work area is all blank gray. I can see the complete sheet (3 Pages) in print preview. Most users have no problem with this sheet. I have repaired the installation of Office 2000 and ran all updates, Same problem. It is something on the local PC that is causing this effect. Other sheets show up just fine. This is a very simple spred sheet with no formulas. Maybe it's just off the screen. Window|Arrange|Tiled (and then resize it the way you want) New group user 944 wrote: > > When I open a l...

Trouble doing a formula for excel
Hi All I have a spreadsheet with the following A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so I have try mid,right,left i can't seem to do it Cheers "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53AAB904-8595-499F-BF38-8BE00826101C@microsoft.com... > Hi All > > I have a spreadsheet with the following > A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv > > I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so > I have try mid,right,left i can't see...

EXCEL caused an IPF in module OLEAUT32.DLL
I'm using Microsoft Office 2000 Professional on Win98-SE, I suddenly began getting the error message: EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module OLEAUT32.DLL at 0187:653aac21. Registers: EAX=000047e9 CS=0187 EIP=653aac21 EFLGS=00010282 EBX=0040fd9c SS=018f ESP=0062b54c EBP=0062b5bc ECX=65350218 DS=018f ESI=00000000 FS=0f57 EDX=00000000 ES=018f EDI=00000001 GS=0000 I tried re-installing EXCEL but that didn't work. I changed the Oleaut32.dll with an older version and that also didn't work. I ran Office Setup and chose to run EXCEL from the CD and it went smooth without problems. ...

Excel worksheet with VBE codes don't work elsewhere
Hi, Some of my excel worksheets with embedded controls and VBA codes don' work when I open it on another PC. Is there another way to make i work? Thx -- lazybea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lazybear's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3519 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54955 Specifically what problems are you having? Saying "don't work" means absolutely nothing. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC ww...

copy does not work in word 2003

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

Customizing Excel's Border Defaults
I'm working with Excel 2000 and use Borders frequently. The preset default border is a thin line, yet I prefer and always change it to the thick line. How can I change the Excel default to the thick line rather than the thin line? I know it's a small problem, but it's driving me crazy changing it all the time. In WORD, I know how to easily "add style default to template", but can't figure it out in Excel. Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

conditional formatting in excel #3

Chart "Benchmark" Line Graph Question
I am generating a graph of many team's monthly audit productivity percentages (bar graph) with a "benchmark" (line graph) at 95% (y axis) across 6 month period (x axis). The problem is that the line graph appears on the graph but the ends of the line are centered in the end columns (left & right). Is there as simple way to extend the benchmark line out to the edges of the graph? MJ Have a great day and live life with passion! ...

Excel formula #24
What is the formula that brings back a zero for an empty cell instead of 0 0 #DIV/0! Try =if(iserror(formula),0,formula) ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8392DE7F-0B65-4DEE-87F4-985133BB1976@microsoft.com... > What is the formula that brings back a zero for an empty cell instead of > 0 0 #DIV/0! > ...

Excel Problem #3
I have win2000 with Office 2000 in the network! When i try to rename one excel file my computer make restart. This hapening not to all files,and all files there are in the same folder in the network! What hapen,and what i can do so as to work out the problem? I have all the required permissions on that network folder. No one else has any of the files open. They are not shared workbooks. ...

Excel Running Wild After Update
I ran the Office update via Auto Update. Word and Powerpoint seem fine but Excel attemtps to open every compatible file (and a few that aren't) when I start it up. After it overdoses on files it fails and closes. Any ideas on what to do other than reverting to an older version, pre-update? Wild guess: Look in Applications:Microsoft Office 2004:Office:Startup:Excel: . Are there a bunch of random files in there? I think Excel would try to open anything in there on launch. On 3/23/06 9:04 AM, "Jeff Fread" wrote: > I ran the Office update via Auto Update. Word and Powe...