Why do I get this ###### instead of 11:00 p.m. in formatted cell?

0
User (142)

One reason could be that the column isn't wide enough. Try widening the
column.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

0
biffinpitt (3172)
9/15/2008 5:48:09 PM
Always supply your formula and the values of the input cells

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"new user" <new user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32404C0C-FB66-4D90-A301-42D0322E2CFE@microsoft.com...

0
nicolaus (2022)
9/15/2008 5:51:35 PM
On 15 =F1=E5=EF, 19:43, new user <new u...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote=
:

Not to forget: if cell contains fomula that evaluates time value and
result turns to be negative, it will be shown as ###### no matter how
wide column is.

Cheers
0
drgrba (1)

conditional formatting
I want to format column I (highlight cell) under the following condition the value in same row column F is > 0 and the cell in column I is empty. I have put the following code in the formula bar for conditional formatting and I'm getting an error. How do I fix the problem? First I select column I, and then I select conditional formatting. Then I change "cell value is" to "formula" and enter the following in the formula box. =F1>0 and I1 = "" When I click OK, I get an error. What is the error? Place the cursor in I1 cell and pres...

How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo #2
Any ideas on how to do this? I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the footer However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer (because this just wont get done). Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = .Range("A1").Text End With End Sub This code should go in the ThisWorkbook code module. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "wngg001" <wngg001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A0F9D9E-269F-45CF-A6E3...

VBA
I have created code that inserts lines into a financial statement but need to have certain cells in other code stay constant. B1 in certain code must stay at B1 regardless of changes to the spreadsheet. Any suggestions?? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use the INDIRECT function. E.g., =INDIRECT("B1") The B1 will remain so regardless of inserting and deleting rows. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "bforster1 >" <<bforster1.1cmxzp@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in m...

CRM 3.0 Reports:Error when trying to open reports on client m/c
I am unable to access CRM Reports from any other machine except the CRM Server (Physical) box. I logged in as different users on the CRM server and was able to open and see all of the reports based on roles. But I am not able to view reports from any of the client machines. I am accessing Reports through a web-client. Upon trying to access reports through a client machine, I get the message " An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator". This does not tell me anything I do not see anything unusual in the Web server (CRM Server), or the Da...

Viewing Formulas instead of formula results
I want to view all of the formulas in my worksheets without going through each cell and typing " " around each formula. Is there any way to do this so I can check all of my formulas at once? Meghan, here is one way, use Ctrl and ~, this will toggle between formulas and results -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 97 & 2000 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Meghan" <mmckee15@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:00db01c351f6$4eb0...

Excel 2007 dates and conditional formats
Can anyone please tell me why I can not use a conditional format (<>=) to identify if a date is greater or smaller then another. Everytime I try it, Excel does it right in the first column but misses by 2 days in all following. It also appears to have problems with the years. Example: Date of propposed compleation of a task is 10/10/07; if the date of actual completion is 10/10/07 or sooner, turn GREEN. If the date of completion is 10/11/07 or older, turn RED. Can anyone help?? Regards Mary Hi Mary, First thing to check: What does 10/11/07 mean? November 10 1907? November 10 2007? O...

Trouble getting Bill Pay to work with Money 2005
I upgraded from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Premium this evening. I had Bill Pay working in the 2004 version. I went to enable the "Access your Money data on the Web" option in Settings. It said that I had to disable Bill Pay first before it would continue and that it would enable Bill Pay again once the process was complete. Unfortunately, now I can't get Bill Pay enabled again. I can go to the Bills screen and see my scheduled bills, but I can't do ePay through Bill Pay in Money anymore. When I go to Manage Online Services, I see my bank accounts that are ...

default mail format based on domain
Greetings - After 20_ years of Eudora and Thunderbird (in that order), I'm looking at Outlook for the first time (we're moving to an Exchange backend, so...worth a look, for obvious reasons). In Thunderbird, if I want to set a default HTML format for emails sent to a certain domain, I can specify that. For any other domain(s), plain text. Is there an easy way to do that in Outlook (I'm using 2007)? Basically, I want emails sent to my enterprise domain (i.e., my place of employment) to be in HTML or perhaps RTF, but mail sent to other domains to be plain text only. Again, I want ...

get a list of file in a directory
Hi. what would be the best way to return a list of files in a directory. I know in VB you could use the dir function, but what should i use in MFC. Doen anyone know of a class available where I could say return all the file in a certain directory and its sub directories Regards Dylan Take a look at the CFileFind MFC class. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Dylan Franklin" <dyl2000@lineone.net> wrote in message news:eHHBr0MxDHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi. > > what would be the best way to return a list of files i...

Using a Text / Data output as a cell reference
I am trying to use the end of a column as a divisor and need to convert what i guess is text into an actual cell reference if possible. In column A, say there are 13 data points ending at cell A13. I then try to turn that into a cell reference with the formula ="A"&TEXT(COUNTA(A1:A13,),"0") I put this formula in B1 the output of this is then A13 what i need this to do, is be able to divide any cell by A13. The reason I am going through all this trouble is that there are many columns and each has a different # of data points. I hope this is somewhat clear. Thanks ...

External hard drive 11-18-09
I have a simpletech external hard drive. When plugging it into the USB port windows vista is not recognizing the disk in my computer. -- patrickpalmer4 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com "patrickpalmer4" <patrickpalmer4.41uuw1@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:patrickpalmer4.41uuw1@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... > > I have a simpletech external hard drive. When plugging it into the USB > port windows vista is not recognizing the disk in my computer. > > Sounds like a conflict of drive letters. If you open up 'Disk...

Load Balancing 01-11-06
We are looking to load balancing the CRM application. Is there any additional licensing required in order to do so? Assuming you are using v3.0, you will need a server license for each of the app servers, but there is no additional cost for user licenses. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Nahi" <nvsimon@msn.com> wrote in message news:1137021044.651154.10540@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... We are looking to load balancing the CRM application. Is there any additional licensing required in order to do so? Yes 3.0. Thanks! ...

Cell QA for Bob Phillips
Good afternoon Bob: In reference to your QA: (Which sheet was the active sheet when you right-clicked on the tab? It should have been Data Sheet). Yes, I did as you said, but I am not sure I placed the text string in the right place. I pasted it in View Code on the blank area to the right of "Project / Properties" section but for some reason it is not moving the text from "Data Sheet" to the "Activity Sheet". Is it possible to communicate with you directly so I can get this worked out? Thanks John ---------------------------------------------------...

kill formatting brought over from reports
When I export a report from various sources (crystal reports or an Access Database that has an option to send to Excel), the worksheet format buttons stop working, or work erratically depending on something that must be coming over. Also, sometimes I get a sheet sent to me from someone who has done weird formatting, and it overrides my buttons (where the $ sign button produces some custom symbol, for example). I can copy the detail and paste to another worksheet, where the buttons will work, but is there a way to tell Excel to ignore this type of menu change when it receives a spreadsh...

Incompatible file format.
Have been using Money for years and have Money Deluxe 2007 installed on both my home (Vista) machine and my notebook (XP) machine. Problem is when I go on the road and take my Money file with me, my XP machine says that the file is incompatible and was created with a newer or updated version of Money. Both machines have the same version and are both include the latest updates. What gives? Did Microsoft create something in Vista that precludes using the Money file under any other operating system? I may have to switch to Quicken or even a Linux version if they keep this up.............

how do I get the if function to return a blank cell, not 0?
I am trying to create a chart from a series that contains data for each month. The series is calculated on other worksheets and copied to the worksheet containing the chart. I would like to have the cells for the months that have not been updated yet (now is January, there are 0' in all cells for Feb-Dec) to be blank (to create gaps in the chart) not 0's. Can this be done? Unfortunately, what you want, and what many of us have requested but doesn't exist, is a worksheet function like BLANK() or NULL(). The best we can do is use NA() in a chart's data source, which is...

Take a look at that important pack from M$
--xvgpozpusyvmsxxko Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zlrixpjslvjypbgm"; type="multipart/alternative" --zlrixpjslvjypbgm Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nfqjpdpon" --nfqjpdpon Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now ...

How to slot cell values into pre-defined ranges
I would like to slot cell values starting from 500 upto 75000 in ranges (bins) like 500-999, 1000-1499, 1500to 1999 etc. How do i do this? I have 15 bins. pls help Not sure what you want here. Do you want to count the number of times values within a range occur? -- Ian -- "KDD" <KDD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:766017CE-A55E-42FF-AD8D-9E74E48CD568@microsoft.com... >I would like to slot cell values starting from 500 upto 75000 in ranges > (bins) like 500-999, 1000-1499, 1500to 1999 etc. How do i do this? I have > 15 > bins. > > pls...

different number format
Hi, this is probably an easy question but I am at a loss been an excel newbie. I have XP with my local regional settings, where the number format is 1.000,29 (onethousand and 29/100) on a specific excel sheet I need to revert these settings, in order to paste a large amount of data 1000.29 (onethousand and 29/100) anybody can suggest how to do this? TIA Hi Daniele, I think you shouldn't change your setting, paste the data and then use the code below to fix the numbers: Sub TextToNumberOnActiveColumn() Dim r As Integer Dim c As Range r = ActiveCell.EntireColumn.Range(&qu...

access 2007 11-25-07
Do u see Northwind 2007?Can you pls teach me how to make a form automatically appear when open the database like the login dialog in Northwind 2007.Tq. Just do this: 1. With the database open, click on the Office Button (MS Logo) 2. Then click on Access Options 3. Then click on the Current Database category 4. Next, under APPLICATION OPTIONS select the DISPLAY FORM. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com __________________________________ If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. "warba60@gmail.com&quo...

Get Good Jobs In UK
Simple Get you GOOD jobs in UK At http://www.webinfoforall.be.tf Due to High Security Risk I have Hidden the Videos In an Image In that Website On Below Search Box Click On Image And Watch Videos. http://www.webinfoforall.be.tf ...

How to change default cell formats
When I open a file, all negative values are shown with a - before them, whilst my colleagues, when opening the same file, the negatives are shown in brackets ie. ( ). How do I ensure that when I open the same file, my negative numbers appear in brackets This is a windows setting. Close excel Change that windows regional setting|currency tab|Negative currency format to show ($1.1) Open excel You may have to reformat: Format|Cells|number tab|Number (adjust the decimal places and comma options) Easty04 wrote: > > When I open a file, all negative values are shown with a - before t...

getting the OS on a CD
I just bought a Toshiba netbook running WinXP SP3. It didn't come with a CD containing the OS. What's the best way to get the CD (in case of need later on)? Do I ask Toshiba for it or Microsoft? Thank you! Jo-Anne "Jo-Anne" <Jo-AnneATnowhere.com> said this in news item news:uS0oqVyjKHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I just bought a Toshiba netbook running WinXP SP3. It didn't come with a > CD containing the OS. What's the best way to get the CD (in case of need > later on)? Do I ask Toshiba for it or Microsoft? > > Th...

graph creation from table using cells with links not possible
Hello, I have problem with MS Excel 2003. It´s impossible to create a graph from the table which is automatically fullfilled by the links to another sheet. I have to fullfill the table manually (numbers not links to them are physically in the cells) and only then I´m able to create the graph correctly. Is there some possibillity, how to create a graph from the table wich has links instead real numbers in the cells? Thanks for Your ideas. Regards, Bobr. ...

How to get all HTML elements include the javascript dynamic created???
How to get all HTML elements include the javascript dynamic created??? I want to write a program same to walkall.(a MSDN sample, it can retrieve all elements in HTML). It's easy to implement on static HTML pages. we can use IHTMLDocument2::get_all interface of MSHTML. but in dynamic HTML pages, (eg. the javascript dynamic create a HTML node). the IHTMLDocument2::get_all doesn't get the dynamic created elements. thru MSDN, I only find the interface called IHTMLScriptElement, but seems lack use. how to solve it? thank you very much! MSN:madmanahong@hotmail.com ...