why can't I access conditional formatting?

I cant seem to acces the conditional formatting thing in the formulas pull
down.

I would really like to use this feature, It just is always unavailible
0
Dennis (299)

If your workbook is shared, CF is unavailable. See 'Features that are
unavailable in shared workbooks' in help

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"dennis" <dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I cant seem to acces the conditional formatting thing in the formulas pull
> down.
>

> I would really like to use this feature, It just is always unavailible

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
3/6/2006 11:59:26 PM
Your Worksheet may be Protected.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"dennis" <dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I cant seem to acces the conditional formatting thing in the formulas pull
> down.
>

> I would really like to use this feature, It just is always unavailible

0
croberts (1377)

formatting #2
I have a large worksheet that I need to change the text to all caps. I have tried using the UPPER function but it will only work in one cell. How to I get the entire worksheet to become all caps? Help! Hi see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jackie wrote: > I have a large worksheet that I need to change the text to > all caps. I have tried using the UPPER function but it > will only work in one cell. How to I get the entire > worksheet to become all caps? Help! Hi Jackie If you have trouble using macros you can do this ...

Conditional Formatting #89
I need to know how to make a block turn RED if the date exceeds a year. Thanks! Do you mean if the data exceeds one year from today? If so, select the target cell, go to Format > Conditional Formatting, choose Formula Is, and put: =$A$1<DATE(YEAR(TODAY())-1,MONTH(TODAY()),DAY(TODAY())) Change $A$1 to your actual cell reference. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I need to know how to make a block turn RED if the date exceeds a year. Thanks! >. > Try this in - Conditional Format - Formula Is: =DATE(YEAR(E1)+1,MONTH(E1),DAY(E1))<=TODAY() If E1 was ...

Zoom percentage and formatting palette

report format portrait and lanscape
Is it possible to have one command to change report between portait or lanscape? If not, probably the best solution will be 2 reports. Your information is great appreciated, Your report is probably designed in portrait. This means it is designed to print 8-1/2" - the left and right margins wide. If you change the printout to landscape it is still going to print less than 8-1/2" wide on the left side of the paper leaving more than 3-1/2" blank on the roght side of the paper. To fill the paper you would have to write code to reposition and stretch out each con...

Access application on clients without Access
Hi. I have an application made in Access 2003. Now one of my clients are migrating from Office 2003 to Office 2007, and they can not afford to buy Office versions with Access included to all the users. I know it's possible to publish "thin" Access application files, but I'm not sure how I do it. From Access 2003, I need to publish "thin" Access application files that will work on clients running Office 2007. Ant hints or links to resources appreciated. Kind regards Mr. Smith Try this one from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx...

How do I install Access 2003 under MS Office 2007
I am trying to install Access 2003, but because I have Office 2007 installed, the system is telling me that I need to have Office 97, 2000 or 2003. Is this correct? I loaded my old Access 97 CD, but the system tells me that it can't find Office 97, 2000 or 2003. Is there an upgrade for Access 2003? What do I do? Thanks... It is generally recommended to install versions of Office/Access in the order they were published. I have done otherwise though. It is imperative that you install each version in it's own directory, otherwise they will overwrite one another and crea...

Community bank's new software doesn't export in my format
I am still using Money98 which does all of the little tasks I need (no investments at my age). Two national banks provide exports in .qif format as a matter of course, but when my local community bank went to new (better) software, ".qif" was missing from the list of available export formats. I wrote the bank and received word that the bank's vendor didn't support Money98. The bank officer said: "My guess is the contract they have with Intuit and Microsoft stipulates they not support it as those companies want consumers to always upgrade their software.&...

connecting to data access page with filter criteria
I have an access database that I connect to from a GIS application (ArcView) using VBscript. I need to port my GIS project to the free viewer (ArcReader) which does not support VBscript but does support hyperlinking to a URL based on a value supplied by an underlying record. In my current project I can send filter critera to open a particular database, form and record. Would it be possible to do the same using data access pages or would I need to create a separate page for each record I want linked? ...

Extract Data from curupted Access 2000 Database
any sugestion on how to Extract Data from curupted Access 2000 Database ??? the Error i get when attempting to Open The microsoft jet database engine stoped the process becouse you and another user are attempting to change the same data. Hi Levon, See http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 10:34:58 -0700, "Levon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >any sugestion on how to Extract Data from curupted Access >2000 Database ??? > > >the Error i get when attempting to Open > >The microsoft jet database engine s...

Question on Formats...
This ought to be quite simple to answer. Is it possible to format the contents of a combobox? On sheet1 I have text in cells A1 to A8 e.g A1 = John, A2 = Steve, A3 = Claire etc. I have a combobox on a chart that displays those names when I click the down arrow. The default is lower case, black lettering. Can I make the names appear in bold and green for example? I have tried modifying the original names but that makes no difference. If I right click the combobox and select <Format Control> I cannot see a way to format my data entries. Maybe you can't do it. And I want to ...

Excel page format changes

two decimals - remove percentage sign
Hello everyone, I have percentages that i'm displaying in graphs with data labels. I'd like to remove the % sign so it is easier to view the data labels because the graphs are small, and i'd like to do it with custom formatting because there is quite a lot of data that i dont want to convert to whole numbers. I think the best way to do this is to somehow use custom formatting in format cells -->number-->custom to multiply by 100 and display it that way. is that possible? Thanks for the help! Adam ...

Ms access data type detail
I am using Ms access 2007, can anyone explain to me all the DATA TYPES, like what are their limitations etc. Also how can i create a drop down list and allows selecting more than 1 texts. e.g ... in my db i have an option for known languages and the answers could be more than one. English, French, Spanish etc Start here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/HA102744471033.aspx Aamir wrote: > I am using Ms access 2007, can anyone explain to me all the DATA TYPES, > like what are their limitations etc. > > Also how can i create a drop down list and al...

Access 2007 Special Effect Text Box Won't show Sunken with Windows XP
Hi All I am just getting to grips with Access 2007 and one of the quirks I have found is that when I design using Windows in XP Windows-Classic colors and set the text boxes on forms' special effect property to "sunken" They appear as sunken in the correct manner. However, when I change to the Windows XP color scheme the forms text boxes appear flat even though the special effect property has not changed. Any ideas or is it a new quirk we have to live with. I haven't tried it with Vista yet. That should be interesting Thanks Bob I am quite sure this is the same for acce...

OL 2003; Question about two default attachments in HTMLMessage Format
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0" ------=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Outlook 2003, XPP SP2=20 Hello, When I send an e-mail message in HTML message format, the recipient = (even when I send to myself) also receives two default attachments, = image001.png and image002.png. The first image is a what I would guess a = Microsoft ...

Access to News groups disappears after first use and exiting.
Have used OE for a number of years for email and News Group access. Thought I might experiment and then switch to Outlook. Set it up, and, received reply on the test. I know it was working. Then tried to set up newsgroups. Followed directions as outlined in help. Last direction was to drag News to "Go". Finished ... went to go and selected News. All the News Groups I had earlier setup in OE came up. Played around looking at some posts. Then exited. Then when I went back to Go, News was no longer there. Completely disappeared. I am using Outlook 2003. Actually recopied a "Gh...

conditional formatting: separating rows with differing values
Hi, Need help with conditional fomatting. What I need: I got a worksheet with 950 rows and 5 columns. The first row contain the headers. Columns A, B, D and E contains unique values. But the column C contains text values which repeats sequentially for 6-7 rows and changes thereafter. Now I want to put up a line (using border) through the whole row dividing this transition row. My Idea: Compare C2 with C3, if equal do nothing. Then compare C3 with C4 and so on till 2 consequtive values differ. Now divide the 2 rows using the border formatting option in conditional formatting dialog box. So...

Date Format when incoming date can be 0
I have a date fiels yyyymmdd which can have a value of 0 or a valid date in recent past. Excel displays the 0 date as 01/01/1900 and the non zero dates as expected. Cant figure this out , any help would be appreciated. Excel uses a sequencial number from either 1/1/1900, or 1/1/1904 (depending on your options) as the date value for Example 6/3/2005 is 38506 using the 1/1/1900 if the cell is formatted as a date it is responding with the date it thinks you mean. If you want the cell to display a zero =if(Date=0,"0",date) "DP NY10601" wrote: > I have a date fiels y...

Converting a number to Hour & Min format
I am attempting to take a basic number, say 2000, and convert the number into an hour and minute format (i.e. 33:33) only. Everytime I use the custom format tab or the time/date tab I get a date included or an AM/PM setting. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance. Hi, For any number to be converted into time format you need to divide tha number by 24, since Excel time code is 24 (hr) code. then you forma the divided answer (83.33) into time, you will get 8:00 regards sazi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use Format/Cells/Number/Custom [hh]:mm In article <...

Access 2003 VB Code Export Query Failing with Access 2007 user
I have a set of excel export queries I created in an access 2003 DB. Now, some of my users have upgraded to Access 2007 and are running in to a "Parameter" error when the execute the "canned" excel export queries I created for them. My only presumption is that it is due to the fact that I have hardcoded the export function, to go to an Office 2003 Excel file, and for whatever reason, Access 2007 cannot handle this. This make sense? And if so, any suggestions? I suppose if there was an easy way to test what version of office/excel they are running, I could change...

dropdown filter on Data Access Page
Hi, I have a data access page that is based on a query in my database. Currently the page brings up all data for today, and the page is formated into teams So it looks like this Today's date Team #1 entry #1 entry #2 Team #2 entry #1 Since this page can get long sometimes, I would like to add a dropdown menu at the top of the page, that allows them to filter their results by team. So once they make a selection they would only see the team selected. Today's date Team (only 1 listed) Entry #1 Entry #2 I've been trying to search on this, but jus...

Outlook Web Access from reply-to address
Hi all, Is it possible to specify an alternative from/reply-to address for people using Outlook Web Access? Cheers, mad_staring_eyes@email.com (Tom) wrote in news:e4be56f.0404141158.1263ff14@posting.google.com: > Is it possible to specify an alternative from/reply-to address for > people using Outlook Web Access? Not that I am aware of. There may be a third party OWA add-in that could enable this but I don't know one off the top of my head. Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Archives: http://groups.google.com "Arlo Cli...

Make a drawing via access using loop
I have a table with one field in it and I wont to draw one record soI created a form and I created a loop to go to the next recordrandomly the whole table and then every second minute I stop the loopand Igot the winner, means the record where the loop stop in itbut I don't have a way to stop the loop only by pressing ctrl breakI wont to code that when i will press any key it should stop runningthe code and it should came up a MSG box with the nameany help please?thankshere is the codePrivate Sub Command2_Click()gggg:DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acFirstDo Until Me.NewRecordDoCmd.GoToRecord{here I ...

formatting background on CD label
How do I get the background to be one continuous picture and not duplicates of the same picture? I tried to look in help but couldn't find anything. It looks really ugly. Faith wrote: > How do I get the background to be one continuous picture and not duplicates > of the same picture? I tried to look in help but couldn't find anything. It > looks really ugly. Instead of using the "background" option (which is more designed for web pages), insert the picture (either on the Master Page, or on the publication page and send it to the back), and resize it to fill t...

Possible to Import Access queries to Excel and maintain the formulas??
Hello: I am trying to confirm whether it is possible to import access queries intto Excel and keep the formulas so that they will still exist in Excel. Is that possible to do? Thanks! Hi Fred, not without writing code -- and, depending on your calculations, this may be very difficult Warm Regards, Crystal * (: have an awesome day :) * MVP Access Remote Programming and Training strive4peace2006 at yahoo.com * fred.sheriff@gmail.com wrote: > Hello: I am trying to confirm whether it is possible to import access > queries intto Excel and keep the formulas so that t...