where would the SUM icon be if it is not at the top of my screen?

Need to work an exercise where I click on the sum icon to add rows of figures
in a spread sheet and the sum icon is not at the top of the screen to click.
Why would
it go away?  It was there last week when I was using the fx function. Would
that take it away?
0
Oz (16)

Right click on any visible toolbar, click CUSTOMIZE in the drop-down menu and
in the dialog box that is displayed next, click the TOOLBARS tab.  Select the
STANDARD toolbar from the list of available toolbars and click the RESET
button on left side of the tab page.  Click OK to close.

If that doesn't work, click the last button on the toolbar to display the
toolbar display options and select 2 rows.  The button may be hidden if the
toolbars are all displayed on the same row.
--
Kevin Backmann

"oz" wrote:

> Need to work an exercise where I click on the sum icon to add rows of figures
> in a spread sheet and the sum icon is not at the top of the screen to click.
> Why would
> it go away?  It was there last week when I was using the fx function. Would
> that take it away?
0
kbackmann (28)
3/6/2006 6:42:28 PM
For a keyboard alternative.....

Select the cell(s) where you want the sums, then...
Hold down the [alt] key and press the [=] key.

That engages the autosums without clicking the tollbar button.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"oz" wrote:

> Need to work an exercise where I click on the sum icon to add rows of figures
> in a spread sheet and the sum icon is not at the top of the screen to click.
> Why would
> it go away?  It was there last week when I was using the fx function. Would
> that take it away?

My blacks are screening, why???
I have a color document i want to print with a lot of black text. Everything looks fine but the blacks are coming out screened at like 93%. Ive checked everything and Publisher 2007 is showing my text being total black (0,0,0,100). I have tried printing this as both an RGB and CMYK document on 1 BW printer and on 2 color printers and all are doing it. Even when I convert to PDF, it shows the black text as being screened. What am I missing that is causing this? I did just find one thing that might be something to do with it. When I go to colors>custom, it does show the settings...

Unknown Items Just Disappears when UPC Scanned on the Transaction Screen
Unknown Items Just Disappears when UPC Scanned on the Transaction Screen Our New scanners are not reading extended Barcodes like the old scanner (new scanners are all symbols - 9200 or Cyclones) Question 1. Is there a way to make the FIND window appear when an unknown item is scanned or entered? Or is there an option in RMS to turn this off? Question 2 Does anyone know what CODE to enable on the Symbols so that UPC's with "2495" (for a $24.95 Item) embedded at the end scan? Thanks for any help I believe under options you can have the find window pop up "ParkRanger&...

send/receive progress icon. . .
what is the thumbtack icon on the bottom right of the send/receive progress window in outlook? what does it do when depressed? thanx- m marc <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > what is the thumbtack icon on the bottom right of the > send/receive progress window in outlook? what does it do > when depressed? > thanx- > m It caused the progress box to remain on the screen even after the send/receive is finished. -- Brian Tillman ...

Excel Conditional Sum Wizard Totals
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Hi, <br><br>I've just loaded Excel onto my Mac and have been trying to do some conditional sums, however for some reason it will not allow me to display the totals on a separate sheet. It just keeps saving to the same sheet as the table, even when I select a cell on another sheet. Can someone please help advise how this is done? Or is this something that is not allowed? <br><br>Thanks What you 'want' shouldn't be a problem, although I'm not confident that I'm certain what that is & it's...

loose graphics on screen after saving
Help, with 2003 after I save and restart publisher I cannot see the graphics or photos on the screen. They are there when I print ctemple19058 wrote: > Help, with 2003 after I save and restart publisher I cannot see the > graphics or photos on the screen. They are there when I print ============================= The following article may be useful: (Read the 4th FAQ) Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/ lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQ...

Excel not opening files from file icon
Hi all, when I try to open a file double clicking on it or on a link to it, Excel program window opens but the file does not. If I try to open the file from Excel menu "File" -> "Open..." the file opens correctly. I tried to uninstall and then re-install Excel but the problem is still present. My version is Excel2002 SP3 (build n. 10.6501.6626). Thanks for helping!! Mauro Hi Mauro! You can reset the file association for Excel by using the following two strings at the Start/run box: 1. "excel.exe /unregserver" (without quotationmarks) 2. "excel.exe...

Change Outlook 2007 taskbar icon
I find that the Windows Explorer and the Outlook icons, pinned in the taskbar, are a bit similar. How do I change the Outlook icon? tia You'll have to create a new shortcut to outlook.exe and then you can change the icon; Right click on the shortcut and choose Properties. The drag and drop this shortcut onto the Taskbar. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- <shellyfdele...

GraphicsServer w/ MFC issue: Graph is in the forefront of the screen & doesn't minimize
I'm trying to debug an MFC application that plots data using a graphing toolkit from Graphics Server. The problem is that the actual graph is always on the forefront of the screen meaning even if I open any other program(s) on my computer and maximize it, the graph from the MFC app is on top blocking the view of the other program I just opened. I suspect that this phenomenon of have the graph always in the "forefront" of the screen is somehow being "forced" in the code. I do know tha the MFC application itself is made to take up the entire screen and cannot be minimized...

Screen Size
How do I get my webpage to automatically resize to fit everybodys screen? Thanks, Scott By using a percentage width in your body table rather then a fixed width. Something you can only do with a actual html editor/web design tool. Publisher has zero support for this. This is covered in the FAQ - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "Scott" <scott.tuttle@delta.com> wrote in message news:0a8801c4d8ca$15508b50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I get my webpage to automatically resize to ...

Adding an Icon
I have a jpg icon I'd like to add to the icons in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\url.dll." How can this be done? Thanks, Oreally "OREALLY" <oreally@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23NBR8sGKLHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > I have a jpg icon I'd like to add to the icons in > "C:\WINDOWS\system32\url.dll." How can this be done? > > Thanks, > > > Oreally Change it to a .ico file extension first. JPGs won't work as an icon. Then, either drag it in the folder if you are allowed, or just c...

Offset of icons in exe files
Hello, is there a way to retrieve the offset of the icon section in an exe file? Thanks for any clue! Kai Sandner For what purpose? To change the icon? Are you trying to load/extract an Icon from the exe? See if LoadResource and FindResource will help you out. Otherwise a little more info about what you are trying to do will help. AliR. "Kai Sandner" <ks@polycolor.de> wrote in message news:7ad2e9c5-9f6d-460b-a8c7-92e2a3d0af94@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > is there a way to retrieve the offset of the icon section in an exe > file? > > ...

Access to Money 2002 from icon
When I try to access Money 2002 it starts out from the beginning rather than picking up my latest files. I have been in the hospital and care center and while I don't think anyone messed with my files while I was gone, I would like to know how to reconnect the icon to the latest files. Thank you It sounds like your Money file isn't where it was last time Money ran - Money remembers. Search for *.mny - check the dates and double click on the most relevant file name. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;...

Sum If
I have the following data: Col D Col E Col I Part Numbers Part Unit Cost Extended Value Question 1: How do I sum the number of unique parts in the following ranges (<=$25, $26-50, $51-100, $101-$500, $501-1,000, >$1,001)? I was able to do it by part, but not unique part. I am trying to avoid duplicates. Question 2: How do I sum the dollar value associated with those ranges? So I would be able to say I have 10 unique parts in the <$25 category, with a total extended value of $XXX (this should include the duplicate parts si...

Help
Forgive me if "Conditional Sums" is not the accurate word for what I am trying to accomplish... I'm at a loss for what to call this situation. What I have is a spreadsheet totaling attendance figures for classes taught by two people (Dave and Cary). Column A lists their name, and next to it in Column B is the number of people who attended that class. What I need is a formula that will look at the sheet and report in a given cell the total for attendance for each person. I can work basic formulas like SUM, but that will give the total for the entire column, when what I n...

Sum Function Visible Cells only
if column a has the number 1, column b has the number 1 and column c has the number 1, column d has the function sum(A1:C1) for a total of 3. how can a change the formula so that I get an answer of 2 when column b is hidden. Microsoft has guessed your need: How to Use a VBA Macro to Sum Only Visible Cells found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/150363 best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:390AA6D5-5938-4172-B8B4-7CBD78D9059E@microsoft.com... >...

visio icons
Where can I find visio icons for unistrut and conduit hardware? ...

Anyone get a Silverlight application to run in the Status Screen
I cannot get it to work. The friendly message of "This program cannot display the webpage" always appears when I add the silverlight app to the page. I turned off friendly messages in IE but that does not seem to change the message presented by store operations. Thanks KB ...

Outlook 2002 Read/Unread Icon Display Anomaly
In Outlook 2002 installed as part of an Office XP Standard installation on a Win98 SE machine, the Inbox display of the Read/Unread Icons is acting "squirrely" and when one arbitrarily selected Unread Item (can be the one at the top or elsewhere in the display) is double-clicked to open and read, other "Unread" Icons change from unread indication (Gold Envelope) to "Read" Icons (White Envelope) even though they have not "opened". Have repaired the installation and re-installed over the installation twice, once after moving a large number of Inbo...

How do I change Word 2007 back to the same on-screen layout of wo.
I've been using Word 2007 for over a year now. I have tried to get used to the new layout but enough is enough. It's time to admit that I hate it, I'm fed up with it. I've used it tons as I am a student so I think if I haven't grown to love it by now, it's never going to happen. I am wondering if there's a way to change it so that the menus are laid out the same as in previous versions of word? No, there's no going back except by uninstalling Word 2007 and reinstalling Word 2003. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Typ...

SUM and Frequency for Multiple SHeets
Hi....in sheet 1, I have a column that has unique numbers and using the following formula to lookup the field in sheet 46500! Column H and then count the unique frequencies in sheet 46500! column A. =SUM(1*(FREQUENCY(IF(('46500'!$H$2:$H$43207<>"")*('46500'!$H$2:$H$43207=$A4),'46500'!$A$2:$A$43207),'46500'!$A$2:$A$43207)>0)) How do I change that formula so that it also reads additional sheets (46501, 47400, 43100, 43103, 47300) and only counts the unique combination like the formula above does for one sheet? Please Help Yo...

Small Windows always on top
Hello, I am trying to develope a embedded Visual C++ application on a Pocket PC platform. What I want is a screen that is only 30 pixels in height and stays on top all of the time. But the problem I have is that my screen is full screen all the time. Does someone know how to make it not full screen. I am using MFC and Dialogs. Greetings, Pascal. To get the dialog to show up not full screen set the flag m_bFullScreen to false. and then user SetWindowPos to make it top most BOOL CMyPocketDlg::OnInitDialog() { m_bFullScreen = FALSE; CDialog::OnInitDialog(); SetWindowPos(&wnd...

top seller report
Hi- I desperately need a sales report with the following information: Store City, Supplier, Item #, Item DESC,qty sold by store(rolled up), Cost, Retail, On Hand by Store. If no one has this report does anyone know someone who can program for me? Thank you, Betsy Did you find the report you were looking for? We can do that report for you, we have an RMS add-in that is a reporting tool which can produce this type of information. Please contact us if you would like more information or to try a fully functional version of our add-in on your data. Jamieson Gill www.savitas.net http:/...

Summing a crosstab
Is there a way to do a sumif on a crosstab? For example: Issue Year Duration 2,004 2,005 2,006 2,007 2,008 2,009 0 453 - - - - 505 1 - - 789 498 - 2 650 - - - 3 5,496 1,086 2,210 4 - 6,241 5 13,664 I want to summarize by Incurred Year, which would be Issue year + Duration So for Incurred Year 2009, I want to sum all cells where the Issue Year + Duration = 2009. sumif (row + col = year) Incurred Year Amount 2009 22,621 2008 1,584 2007 6,285 2006 650 2005 - ...

summing a set of numbers from a range of numbers
Hi! First time poster. Great site BTW. Anyhow, my problem is that I have to sum a set of numbers from a range. For example, I'd like to sum the 5 highest numbers out from 20 numbers. Does anyone know how to do this? I'm stumped. Thanks in advance! Regards, Mike --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi try =SUM(LARGE(A1:A20,{1,2,3,4,5})) >-----Original Message----- >Hi! > >First time poster. Great site BTW. > >Anyhow, my problem is that I have to sum a set of numbers from a range. >For example, I'd like to sum the 5 highest numbers out fro...

How can I Sum time duration?
I have a spreadsheet that is output from an in house system. One of the columns is "Duration", and is of the form "+0 hh:mm:ss.xxx", e.g. "+0 00:09:11.983" where I'm guessing +0 is the number of days and is always 0 in my examples, and hh:mm:ss is hours:minutes:seconds and xxx is milliseconds. I want to be able to add all of the Durations to arrive at total time, preferably as a largish number of minutes, typical totals being up to millions of minutes. I've tried using Sum, but this returns 00:00:00 I'm sure there must be an easy way to do thi...