where can I find an excel file I "saved as" in OLKE9?

I saved over an EXCELL file that someone sent to me in OUTLOOK, after adding
hours of data. Unfortunately I clicked "save as" but did not change the
directory.
It has saved my EXCEL FILE in a folder called OLKE9.
I have searchjed the path, but cant fnd the file (I am displaying hidden
files).

Please help, I need this file in only 8 hours time or my life will be a
misery.
0
OOVAVOO (1)

Easy way: Open ANY file (EXCEPT THAT ONE!!) through Outlook, and hit
File-->Save as. That'll take you to the OLK folder. If you don't see it,
likely, it's gone. Never, ever open files attached to emails. That's my
golden rule, and I have never, ever had this problem.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"OOVAVOO" <OOVAVOO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I saved over an EXCELL file that someone sent to me in OUTLOOK, after
>adding
> hours of data. Unfortunately I clicked "save as" but did not change the
> directory.
> It has saved my EXCEL FILE in a folder called OLKE9.
> I have searchjed the path, but cant fnd the file (I am displaying hidden
> files).
>
> Please help, I need this file in only 8 hours time or my life will be a
> misery.

0
ng1 (1444)
10/17/2005 10:41:13 PM
c:\documentsandsettings\**user'sname**\local settings\temporary internet
files

Depending on your network you may have to go through DOS to access.

"Anne Troy" <ng@officearticles.com> wrote in message
> Easy way: Open ANY file (EXCEPT THAT ONE!!) through Outlook, and hit
> File-->Save as. That'll take you to the OLK folder. If you don't see it,
> likely, it's gone. Never, ever open files attached to emails. That's my
> golden rule, and I have never, ever had this problem.
> ************
> Anne Troy
> www.OfficeArticles.com
>
> "OOVAVOO" <OOVAVOO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I saved over an EXCELL file that someone sent to me in OUTLOOK, after
> >adding
> > hours of data. Unfortunately I clicked "save as" but did not change the
> > directory.
> > It has saved my EXCEL FILE in a folder called OLKE9.
> > I have searchjed the path, but cant fnd the file (I am displaying hidden
> > files).
> >
> > Please help, I need this file in only 8 hours time or my life will be a
> > misery.

0
dkajfd (10)

why are my contacts being saved as pushpin format
Some of my contacts end up as a pushpin format rather than a vcard format. How do i make sure they are entered and saved as a vcard format? What is pushpin format? What is vCard format? What do you mean? -- Russ Valentine "elaine" <elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9FCA476-FCA7-4629-B357-97EA23D24B2B@microsoft.com... > Some of my contacts end up as a pushpin format rather than a vcard format. > How do i make sure they are entered and saved as a vcard format? I don't know what a pushpin format is but what i'm seeing is tha...

Accidently "SAVED AS"!! Help!
Is there any way to recover/restore an excel file once it has been "SAVED AS" once it has been overwritten Help! Help! "Nicky" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Is there any way to recover/restore an excel file once it has been >"SAVED AS" once it has been overwritten? Only if you have a backup. If you don't have a backup, not possible. This is why backups are essential. Nicky If the file was saved as a new name, the original will still be on your computer. If it was saved as the same name, it has been over-written and unless y...

Any way to retain Freeze Panes when saved as html?
Is there any way to save a workbook as an html file and retain the freeze panes functionality? My current workbook has the column headings frozen and has several hundred rows of data. I need to be able to save as an html, but the column headings are no longer frozen. Can it be done in VBA? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide! Scott -- Scott Jurell ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Scott Jurell's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23925 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.ph...

Excel saved as Word
A colleague opened a spreadsheet in Word, made changes and saved it. Now it cannot be opened in Excel and only the first Worksheet is available. Anyone dealt with this? Thanks! > Anyone dealt with this? Yup - killed the colleague. Not much you can do unless you have a backup. In article <976401c3ea61$1d23f950$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Dean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > A colleague opened a spreadsheet in Word, made changes and > saved it. Now it cannot be opened in Excel and only the > first Worksheet is available. Anyone dealt with th...

Excel 2007 spreadsheet saved as DBF4
Just converted to Windows 7. My Excel spreadsheet .xls can't "save as DBF4" I was using Windows XP and had no problems. Help please. Mary, This has nothing to do with your version of Windows but with your version of Office (the two are not related) A Google search with "excel DBF converter" go many hits best wishes -- Bernard Liengme http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme Microsoft Excel MVP "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74C9B53F-2BE4-4A86-8717-1E79690A6493@microsoft.com... > Just converted to Windows 7. My ...

extra quotation marks when excel ws is saved as txt file
I am trying to automate a process that creates a txt file needed for an application. However, this text files needs a set of double quotations, and also has some cells that will have commas. When I save the excel worksheet that contains this information, the text file ends up with this """abcd""" instead of the original "abcd". Any cell with commas is found in the text file with double quotes surrounding it as well. Is there anyway to save the excel worksheet as a text file and receive exactly what is entered into the cells? Note: I am a...

Show a CRM Activity has been Saved as Completed in Outlook
Customers would like their Outlook calendar to show which activities are CRM activities, and also which activities have been completed in CRM versus activities that are still open in CRM. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busines...

word 07 won't change the open file to the name I just "saved as"
I am new to WOrd 07, but am familiar with 97. If I open a file in and old format and then save it using "save as" and even save it to the new format, why doesn't it change the name of the file I am working on to the new file name? I also get a second word window with the original file opened. Part of the "Save as" is to change the name. You must do this yourself as no one else has the foggiest notion what your desire. "rgw1085" <rgw1085@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:121620EB-B1B6-4182-B9AE-DFD68BAA5879@microsoft.com... ...

Charts missing when sheet is saved as HTML
I've added about 5 tables and charts to a sheet. When I save the sheet as an HTML page, most of the charts are missing. I can see the top left few pixels for all of them but only 2 are totaly visible. Any ideas?? ...

Picture disappears when saved as html file
Hello, when saving a file in Excel 2000 SP3 on Windows 2000 SP4 with any picture inserted, it doesn't appear when saved and opened as a .htm file. Any ideas why? I have checked the security settings in Excel which seems to be fine. This problem doesn't occur in either Word or PowerPoint. I have checked the security settings in Excel and re-installed the service pack for both office and Windows to no avail. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. HTML files are always plain text. When XL creates a HTML file, any pictures will be placed in a separate folder wi...

Publication saved as jpeg has low resolution text
When I create publications with text and graphics it would sure be nice if we could improve the resolution of the jpeg file of the publication when you use the option of saving the publication as a JPEG. The text always is too blurry when you go to print it. The text is also low resolution when you save your publication as a TIFF file.] Is there anyway you can set the resolution that publisher saves the JPEG AND TIFF files? It looks like the text comes about 100 dpi and I need 200dpi for crisp looking text. Thanks for your help and ideas! A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: ...

how to open mail saved as message files in an older version of OL
In my old outlook, I used to save emails on my C-Drive as outlook message files. I have now upgraded to Outlook 2003, and have lost the text off of all those messages. Can anyone tell me how to get around this? OL2003 should be able to open MSG files from other Outlook vesions. What version of Outlook did you have previously? "New MSN 2003 User" <New MSN 2003 User@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FABCE178-EA29-4BE6-8A5C-E06EA72231BF@microsoft.com... > In my old outlook, I used to save emails on my C-Drive as outlook message > files. I have now upg...

Table in Word 2007 saved as RTF
Hello, I have this table in Word 2007 that contain colored background and lines. When I convert this document to RTF and open the RTF afterwards, all the background colors change, line, fonts.... Why does it do that? Thanks for any info. Luke Word 2007 document format has a different set of capabilities to the much earlier RTF format. Some of those features that you have added to your Word 2007 may not be handled correctly in RTF (or even DOC) format. This is a limitation of formats not being forward compatible. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> &...

Data loss when saved as CSV
Hi, An Excel file contains data which comprises of Japanese characters. Using VBA, i read the .Xls file and save part of the data as anothe .CSV file. If i open the new CSV, the Japanese characters and displaying a "?????". Is there any way to supress this behaviour? Regards mtpSures -- mtpsures ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mtpsuresh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3181 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55883 ...

reports saved as 2003 format
I built a database in 2007, then saved as 2003 so it can be used by others in the office. reports work fine in 2007, says docmd was cancelled when used in 2003. while in 2003, I am unable to build a new report in design or with the wizard. So you created an ACCDB file, and converted it to an MDB (2002/3 format.) In the database, you have used some code like this to open the report: DoCmd.OpenReport "Report1", acViewReport and this doesn't work in Access 2003. There could be several things here. For example, if you just applied a different filter in A2003, and it happ...

How do i get hyperlinks to work in Visio when saved as a web page?
I've created a process document in Visio, on a shape i inserted a link to a document on a shared server, and when you right click in Visio it brings up the doc. However, when I "save as web page" the link no longer works. Instead I get an error - "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site file://........ Operation aborted". I've tried to rename the files, but can't seem to get it to work. Am i missing something? ...

logo very fuzzy when embedded to outlook template and saved as .oft file
Hi, I've been dwelling on this problem for about a week now. The problem is I created my company letter head in Outlook with Word as the editor with the logo inserted. I did a select all and copy. I then open up a new message through Actions/New Mail Message Using/Microsoft Office Outlook (HTML) and paste my letterhead onto it. I saved it as .oft. When I opened up the oft file, I notice the logo is very fuzzy. I tried and tried and tried. I couldn't find anything on the web that could help me. Do you have any solution to making the logo look crisp and clean as it appears in it...

saved as single page now need to convert to one large multiple pag
i have saved several individual pages as single files in publisher now i need to convert all of these individual saved files back into one multiple page document cut and paste does not work how do i do this please help kristy wrote: > i have saved several individual pages as single files in publisher > now i need to convert all of these individual saved files back into > one multiple page document cut and paste does not work how do i do > this please help ================= Which version of Publisher? Why doesn't copy/paste work? Maybe the following link will offer some ide...

Why does macros assigned to a toolbar lose its link when saved as
I have a toolbar attached to my workbook and all the macros are saved in this particular workbook. When I open this document on another computer it prompts for the old path. I then have to sit and re-assign each of the macros to the toolbar. Is there a way of preventing this? Help will be much appreciated I wouldn't attach the toolbar to the workbook. I'd build the toolbar on the fly. Here's how I do it: http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?threadm=40E095F1.5CB35B41%40msn.com If you want to add items to the worksheet menu bar, you can use John Walkenbach's menumaker: ht...

Numbering Images when saved as jpeg
When I save a presentation as jpegs, I'd like to have two or three digit numbering conventions ... instead of Slide1, Slide2, etc ... I'd like Slide01, Slide02 .... etc. Any way to do this? I'm using PPT 07 "AV Guy" wrote: > When I save a presentation as jpegs, I'd like to have two or three digit > numbering conventions ... instead of Slide1, Slide2, etc ... I'd like > Slide01, Slide02 .... etc. > > Any way to do this? In article <C43BD0B9-3178-424B-9000-874B33E1B49F@microsoft.com>, AV Guy wrote: > When I save a p...

Answer: How to create pop-up text on drawings saved as HTML
I know many people have asked this question, and it has been partially answered previously. Here is a more complete explanation. Summary: You can add the User.visEquivTitle cell to your shape and provide a string that will display as a tooltip in the web output. The shape must also have at least one custom property for the tooltip to be visible. Steps: 1) Select the shape in your drawing that you want to add a web tooltip for 2) Go to Window > Show Shapesheet 3) Go to Insert > Section, check User-defined cells and click OK 4) In the newly created section, click on the row name Use...

Garbled gridlines saved as PDF
Word 2008, OS 10.6.2 (both German) When I save a document as PDF, strange things happen to the table grid lines. The linked files should illustrate what I mean. The lines are (should be) 1/2 point and 1 1/2 point thick. I generate the PDF with the PDF button in the print dialogue. I have tried several options (straight PDF, PDF-X, PDF-A ...) and all give the same results. How can the probelm be solved? Example file: The word file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2891752/Problemtabelle.doc The PDF file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2891752/Problemtabelle.pdf To answer my own qustion: I&...

Word for Mac crashes when docs saved as .doc
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, <br><br>When I'm using Word:Mac 2008, and try to save a new document as Word 97 - 2004 (.doc), the application crashes and I get a &quot;Problem Report&quot;. New documents that are saved as .docx or .rtf are fine - the application only crashes when documents are saved as .doc <br><br>Any help? Make sure you have Office (12.2.3) & OS X (10.6.2) fully updated & run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions. That most likely will not resolve it but it needs to be...

Size of html document when saved as web page
Hello, I use excel and front page. Customers will send me a document in excel, then I will use their form to save as a webpage. The form is the output I use for their application. In excel you can make the print out put fit on a page using the excel print view functions. How can I change the excel formatting so it saves in html to print the size of page I want it? Thanks, Dave ...

Excel worksheet saved as web page--trouble printing
I have an worksheet that uses a graphic for a background, which I hav also saved in HTML using the Save as a Web Page option. The web pag looks great--but just like the excel background graphic, th "background" graphic in the webpage won't print out for me. Is there any way to fix this so that the graphic will print when print the web page? Thanks--Ki -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com check the background printing options within the tools, options menu and also the printer properties. hope that helped. >-----Original Message----- >I have an workshee...