where can i find a list of excell formula's? #2

I'm learning to use excel more and more and i would like to know how to
create a formula that subtracts one cell from another. Is there a list of
formula's for excel?
0
Art1645 (139)

Look in HELP contents for function index

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm learning to use excel more and more and i would like to know how to
> create a formula that subtracts one cell from another. Is there a list of
> formula's for excel?

0
Don
2/12/2005 8:27:20 PM
Art, you may also fine this usefull

http://www2.odn.ne.jp/excel/functioninenglish.html

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm learning to use excel more and more and i would like to know how to
> create a formula that subtracts one cell from another. Is there a list of
> formula's for excel?

Art

Also these online tutorials for basics of Excel.

http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm

http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:51:30 -0500, "Paul B" <to_much_spam_to_list@nospam.com>
wrote:

>Art, you may also fine this usefull
>
>http://www2.odn.ne.jp/excel/functioninenglish.html
>
>--
>Paul B
>Always backup your data before trying something new
>Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it
>Feedback on answers is always appreciated!
>Using Excel 2002 & 2003
>
>"Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I'm learning to use excel more and more and i would like to know how to
>> create a formula that subtracts one cell from another. Is there a list of
>> formula's for excel?

0
Gord

Convert Excel Tables to Pivot Table Lists
Excel Tables to Pivot Lists Hello, I'm trying to convert excel tables into pivot table lists and I am looking for a method to do this besides cutting and pasting. The table has 6 columns (see below) with count of product for each year e.g. xxx1 prod1 100 in Yr1, 200 in Yr2, 300 in Yr3 etc. I want to end up with a 4 column list like, (see "Get into pivot table list in this form) Thanks Home....Prod....Yr1....Yr2....Yr3....Yr4 xxx1.....prod1....100....200....300....400 xxx2.....prod2....110....210....310....410 xxx1.....prod3....120....220....320....420 xxx2.....prod4....130....2...

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Trying to find out which numbers occure most often
I�m giving exams to students and want to see if the students are missin the same questions in every class. I have a simple spreadsheet tha has me enter the question number into the column each time a questio is missed. The MODE function can tell me which number is occurrin most often. However, I need to see if there is any other numbers tha are occurring often as well. Is there a command that will allow me to look at the second mos entered number? For example, if I have 5,3,3,2,3,4,3,4,1,3,4, my mod would be 3 as that�s the number that repeats the most. However, happens 3 times and that...

Rewriting a formula...
I have a spreadsheet that calculates totals and has formulas in certain columns. Is is possible to have the formulas work, but not have any numbers in the cells before I input them? For example, in column D, I have the simple formula =D9+E9, and so on and so forth down to =D25+E25. I may only put itmes in until D11. So in D12 thru D25, I have $0.00. Can I rewrite this formula, possible an IF/THEN statement to add the two columns, but not show the $0.00 in D12 thru D25, since I did not have to do any addition? My main goal is to not have this info in D12 thru D25 print to make the sheet ...

if cell starts with characters formula
Hi I need to count cells in a column starting with certain characters. each cell's data varies in length. I have tried with @countif( but does not work if the cell contains other characters after the "prefix". eg. row 20 cell 5 apples row 21 cell 5 apples red row 22 cell 5 apples green row 23 cell 5 plums green row 23 cell 5 plums purple totals required for apples = 3 (regardless of colour) total required for plums = 2 (regardless of colour) @countif(C20:c30,"plums") gives answer of 1 require answer of 2 @countif(C20:c30,&quo...

Excel 2007

formula based on format

Find prev record on other requeried form
Using access 2003. I have a main form for name and address info. A subform shows limited info on client placement. Click a command button on the main form and user opens another form for full screen entry of placement data. That form opens showing the client selected on the initial main form. When the full screen placement form closes, it requeries the original main form with the placement subform to show the added placement. It goes to the first record in the table though. It does not show the original client whose placement was just added. How do I set the mai...

How do I use traffic lights in excel

can't customize toolbar

Opening Excel Workbooks