what is the status "Hidden" in MSDN (it means deprecated)

consider this link, which gives the Object Model Changes Since Microsoft
Office 2003 of Excel object model

can u please give complete idea regarding the status "Hidden". Why I want to
know about it.

some of the properties which I am using are Hidden in 2007 object model. But
they still exhibiting the same functionality.

So kindly help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance.
0
Tirumala (1)

You might post this questin to the VBA newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.excel.programming&cat=en_US_3a793e1f-4961-419d-9ec7-899d6e6086cd&lang=en&cr=US

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"srinivas Tirumala" wrote:

> consider this link, which gives the Object Model Changes Since Microsoft
> Office 2003 of Excel object model
>
> can u please give complete idea regarding the status "Hidden". Why I want to
> know about it.
>
> some of the properties which I am using are Hidden in 2007 object model. But
> they still exhibiting the same functionality.
>
> So kindly help me in this regard.
>
> Thanks in advance.

How to hidden a control in my program
Today i want to hidden my control in my program : for example : i click a checkbox , then a edit cotrol will be hidden , then i click it again , it will be show again . how to do. pls , give some advice. thanks. pls give me some example codes. Thanks, mixtrue the easiest thing to do is, in dialog editor right click on Edit control and Add variable, then call the following function to show and hide control myEditControl.ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); myEditControl.ShowWindow(SW_HIDE); or if you don't wanna add variable then CEdit* pEdit = (CEdit*)GetDlgItem(ID_EDIT); pEdit->ShowWindow(SW_SH...

Folders in NAND became hidden
Is there any reason why in my device some folders in the root of the internal flash (NAND) become hidden from a certain time on? I'm sure they exist (since I can't overwrite and use its content) even if they are totally hidden (checked via ActiveSync, checked from the inside, that is explorer of the device). QU What happens if you show hidden files and folder? -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman Eurotech Inc. www.Eurotech.com "QuantumUniverses" <quantumuniverses@...

Creating hidden modal property sheet
How do I create hidden modal property sheet? The property sheet is created with DoModal. If I cannot create it hidden maybe I can create it with position off screen and make it hidden later and then center on the screen. > How do I create hidden modal property sheet? The property sheet is created > with DoModal. If I cannot create it hidden maybe I can create it with > position off screen and make it hidden later and then center on the screen. Make it modeless and hide it. If its hidden why would it matter if its modal or not. --- Ajay No, I cannot create it modeless. I need to...

Macro and hidden sheets
Hi, I have a WB with 10 worksheets. At the time I did this WB, I also created a Macro that had the task to change the format of all the sheets. Today, I have decided to hide some of the sheets and the macro does no longer work. I guess this is because it cannot find the sheets which are hidden. My question is: Is there a way to allow the Macro to work as before, meaning to continue changing the format of the hidden sheets as well? Something like a condition that says, if Sheet XY is hidden then look for it into etc. Thank you Alex Hi Alex, A hidden sheet cannot be selected, so try r...

hidden objects in Access 2007 12-07-07
I completley agree with Karl about the help feature for the new Access 2007. It has taken me over 2 hours to find how to unhide my tables from by previous 2003 database, and that is with thanks to Karl's post here. Maybe Microsoft should invest some time in providing a matrix of 2003 vs 2007 features as 2007 is very very different to previous versions. When I say matrix I mean a list of where everything that was in the old and where it has moved to now or what has replaced it including the new paths. for eg Compact and Repair was under the tools > database utilities menu in 200...

3 format cell tabs hidden in excel dialog box
When I right click on the cell and go to format cells instead of seeing 6 tabs as usual I see three tabs and the other three are on a lower level and covered by the information in the dialog box. I can only see the very top edge of the tabs. Any ideas what could be causing this? If you're using Excel 97, and making copies of copies of worksheets, you may hit a limit, because of the way the sheets are being numbered in the background. If that's the case, try copying one of the first sheets, instead of the last one. pjbjamison wrote: > When I right click on the cell and g...

Hidden rows in shared worksheet.
I have a problem with Microsoft Excel and I need some help. I have made a worksheet in Microsoft Excel. In this worksheet I have made some rows hidden. When I has shared this worksheet, I saved this worksheet on the disk. When an other collegua opened this worksheet then the hidden rows are visible. Can any one tell me the solution? Best regards Jan. ...

Prevent Users from Moving to Hidden Navigation Pane
When running an Access 2007 application in Release mode for the user, I hide the Navigation Pane by setting the "StartUpShowDBWindow" property of the database to False. That works fine. But the F6 key STILL moves to the hidden Navigation Pane, even when the front-end database is compiled to a .Mde and the Navigation Pane is explicitly hidden! If the user presses F6 and Enter, then a (hidden) object is selected in the Nav Pane and opens unexpectedly. My opinion is if the Nav Pane is hidden, F6 should not move there. But that is something Microsoft controls. Her...

Bottom of spreadsheet hidden in full screen view
If you change Excel to Full Screen View and your taskbar is always on top (as it normally is), the bottom of the spreadsheet is hidden behind the taskbar. Does anyone know how to get around this without hiding the taskbar? I have found that if I drag the taskbar to the bottom and then back up again, the Excel window resizes itself correctly and the bottom of the spreadsheet is visible again. Problem is, I want to do this from VBA! Can anyone help please??? Bringing this post back to the top because it is getting lost in the depths of the forum. I've searched the whole Excel fo...

TO and CC email addresses hidden when forwarding an email [Outlook 2007]
Dear all, I've encountered a problem when forwarding emails in Outlook 2007. Any help much appreciated! When forwarding an email using Outlook 2007, only the names of the recipients of the recipients are given in the forwarded message (from "-----Original Message-----" downwards); the FROM field contains a "mailto" URL with an email address, but the TO and CC fields give no email addresses. (There are no hidden hyperlinks that encode the email addresses.) Is there a setting that changes this? I have looked through all the settings and could not find one! Thanks a l...

Tabs in my workbook are hidden
When i maximise a spreadsheet my tabs at the bottom are hidden by the start/drawing menus - does anyone know how to fix this? Assuming that in Tools, Options, View you are set to view sheet tabs, you could try dragging the Drawing toolbar (and other toolbars) by the left edge to the top or right of the screen. Gee Wrote: > When i maximise a spreadsheet my tabs at the bottom are hidden by the > start/drawing menus - does anyone know how to fix this? -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.exc...

Sorting hidden columns
PP 2007 Why doesn't a Sort sort what is also included in Hidden Columns? Provide more details about what you have in what columns, what columns are hidden, what your sort parameters are, what you do when you sort, what happens when you sort, and what you want to happen when you sort. I tried sorting a number of columns, with some columns hidden, and all sorted correctly. HTH Otto "zyzzyva" <zyzzyva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D77EA68-BF4C-4728-B908-4F784190340D@microsoft.com... > PP 2007 > > Why doesn't a Sort sort ...

Determine Which Columns Are Hidden with VBA
I have a spreadsheet which will be used by individuals to update an Access database. The columns are locked, but I do allow them to hide columns to make the data more customized. Periodically they will refresh their data from the database. In order to avoid forcing them to reformat to their preference (and thus encourage them to refresh more frequently) I would like to determine which columns they have hidden so I can unhide, update/append the new data, then hide the columns again. The same information would be advantageous, though less so for the autofilter properties. I have tried in va...

who to use fwrite to write through a hidden file
hi all~ now i try to use "fgets" and "fwrite" to read and modify a hidden file "boot.ini" code : file = fopen("C:\\"boot.ini", "rt"); while( fgets(data, 512, file) != NULL ) { content[row++].Format("%s", data); } fclose(file); if( content[row-1].Find( " /noguiboot /bootlogo" ) != -1 ) { content[row-1].Replace(" /noguiboot /bootlogo", ""); file = fopen("C:\\text.txt", "wt+"); int line = 0; while(line != row) { ** fwrite(content[line], sizeof(char), content[line].GetLen...

Insert copied cells above hidden Named Range
I'm not sure what happened here - this worked in the past, but suddenly there is a problem with "Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown". The "record end" named range is still there, so it's not that. The marco is supposed to go to "RecordEnd" which is hidden, unhide it, insert the copied cells while pushing "RecordEnd" below the inserted cells. It worked before - anybody know what I'm doing wrong? Sheets("DRIVER LIST").Select Application.Goto Reference:="RecordEnd" Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True ...

Sum Function Without Including Hidden Rows?
I'm using Excel 2000 and have *hidden* several rows that include numeric data. I want to do a sum function on some of the columns intersecting those rows, but when I insert an AutoSum function, it includes data in the visible rows AND the hidden rows. Is there an easy way to perform a sum function that *only* includes the rows that are *-visible?-* (Which rows are hidden/visible are subject to constant change) Thanks for your help! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You would need a UDF for that or if there is a pattern (like if every other column/row is hidden) th...

hidden text
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Someone has sent me a message on FirstClass indicating that there is a hidden message embedded within. I couldn't locate it so I pasted the message into Word (thinking that I might be able to locate it this way.) Nope. Can't find how to recover or discover hidden text. No idea -- I'd suggest you check the FirstClass site on how to use the product or get clarification from the sender. I doubt it has anything to do with Mac Office at all. Good Luck |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/23/10 12:13 PM, i...

Run-Time Error 1004/ unable to set the hidden property of the rang
I have a spreadsheet that has the same survey details on repeated down the page. There is a radio button 1-13 and by clicking in one of them you get the corresponding number of survey sections. I want most of the page protected, to stop people tinkering with it but when it is locked I get the Run-Time error 1004 when selecting one of the radio buttons copy of VB below Can anyone help If I put the Me.Unprotect at the start and Me.Prptect at end it works but ask for password to be entered which defeats the object. Private Sub OptionButton_1_Click() If Me.OptionButton_1....

Printing RTF text using a hidden CRichEditCtrl
Hi there, is it possible to print text using a hidden CRichEditCtrl? I was using some code from the article: http://www.codeproject.com/printing/richeditprint.asp In my application I do not always display the text. Sometimes I just need to put toghether some rtf text using template files and print the text. Here is the code I'm trying to make to work. I'm checking return values and cannot find any problems, except that the printer doesn't do anything. void CMainFrame::OnClickherePrint() { // Read In text. std::ifstream in( ".\\template.rtf" ); std::string st...

Check Control if Visible or hidden
Hello All, How can I check thru code, if a control on the form is visible or it's hidden? Thanks in advance Abe On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 16:37:21 -0500, "Abe Katz" <abekatz@mindspring.com> wrote: >Hello All, >How can I check thru code, if a control on the form is visible or it's >hidden? > >Thanks in advance >Abe > If Forms!yourformname!controlname.Visible = True Then <it's visible> Else <it's hidden> End If You can use Me!controlname if the code is on the same form as the control. -- ...

Hidden messages!
When I start Outlook 2003 there are new messages that where not ther as of the last time i closed the application. Yet OL3 has not had time to poll for new messages. It is as if they just show up! Is this a known issue. John Smith <JS@noway.com> wrote: > When I start Outlook 2003 there are new messages that where not ther > as of the last time i closed the application. Yet OL3 has not had > time to poll for new messages. Perhaps it polled just before you closed it. Click Tools>Options>Mail Setup>Send/Receive. See if the "Perform and automatic send/re...

CFtpFileFind and hidden files
So, how to get CFtpFileFind to return results for hidden files then (say, to pick an example at random, ".htaccess")? -- Tim Ward - posting as an individual unless otherwise clear Brett Ward Ltd - www.brettward.co.uk Cambridge Accommodation Notice Board - www.brettward.co.uk/canb Cambridge City Councillor ...

IE8
I have just upgraded from IE6 to IE8. After browsing using IE6, I would regularly go to the History folder and remove those site entries which I knew I wouldn`t want to visit again during the week. Likewise, I would clear up the documents listed in My Computer. Now, the History, Temporary Internet and Cookies folders are hidden because they are included in the "protected operating system files". They weren`t before, so why now, I wonder? I have unchecked the relevant box in Windows Explorer Tools/Folder Options/View so that these folders now appear, but that means, of co...

Hidden Protected Formula?
Hello all, Hopefully there is a simple answer to my question. I have two worksheets that are the same, I enter numerical data on them. I primarily enter data on the first worksheet, the second worksheet (which looks exactly the same) has data entered that needs to be added to the same corresponding areas on the primary worksheet. Here is the problem that I am having. I can make formula's that cover the primary sheet that say =+Secondary!G4 and when I put something into the secondary worksheet it does add to the primary. However since I enter data on the primary worksheet also, I f...