What is the application control menu

0
rw7402 (1)

How to set Excel to open a new window for each application
When I choose a spreadsheet to open, I want it to open a new window. This used to happen but now opens in the same instance, just hiding my original spreadsheet. How to I get it back to previous settings? Tools-->Options, View tab. Check Windows in Taskbar. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Luke" <Luke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052E3C3A-8A1A-4EB4-BE2D-B6E09D4D247F@microsoft.com... > When I choose a spreadsheet to open, I want it to open a new window. This > used to happen but now opens in the same instance, just hiding my ori...

WebBrowser Control Displayed Font Size.
In Windows Explorer 7 a menu option is available to change the displayed font size. "View" > "Text Size". Several options are available; "Largest", "Larger", "Medium" etc. Is the functionality available to programmatically adjust the displayed font size in the WebBrowser control? The container for the control is in a Windows form. ...

Providing files to other applications
Hello, We need to provide files to other applications. To simplify the case, we have some background data storage (databases etc.) which contains files. Users can up- and download files through our .NET application. Now we want to give them the ability to open those files directly from inside our application (like if you click on mail-attachments in outlook), but we want to be able to write back the changes when the user modifies and saves the file in the application. We thought about the following ideas: - Writing out a temporary file, and watch it for changes (this seems to be ...

MSChart control
suppose i created an application with a mschart control, done all the job of drawing and all that, is it possiable in any way to translate the info of the mschart cotnrol to a spreadshit info that excel could import? I succeed in converting the onto from my listctrl to a file excel could read but what can i do with the chart? I thought about not using the mschart control and create my own charting code using the knowen methods in mfc for drawing lines and etc. but again how can i convert to information to an excel shape? ...

Creating MDI MFC application using CFormView class.
When I create by AppWizard in Visual Studio .NET 2003 MFC application with CFormView view class, when I choose the option the document frame window to be in maximized state after the application is started, the form view doesn't cover all the space of document frame window, just that of the size of dialog-template resource defined for form view. When I minimalize the document frame window and then maximize it, the form view occupies the entire area of maximized document frame window. Why isn't it so after the form view is first shown? Thanks for advise, ... ...

Microsoft Form 2.0 Controls in VC causing error
My application developed using VC++6.0 in W2K running well in my development PC (with Visual Studio 6.0 installed). When I run the same application in a client PC without VS installed, I get this error: An unsupported operation was attempted. At last I found out it is caused by the 'Microsoft Form 2.0 commandbutton' and 'Microsoft Form 2.0 Label'. After I removed these controls the application run fine. I have registered the file FM20.dll using Regsvr32 and it show succeeded. May someone help how can I make those controls run well in my client PC? Thanks. ...

Please Help!Tree control:GetSelectedItem()
I am using VC++.NET IN WIN 2000 In the project I am using tree contro When I make right click on the item in the GetSelectedItem() func it doesn't read the correct data from the selected item it reads the data from the previous selected item This problem doesn't matched if I make first left click on the item and after that right click,in this scenario it reads the correct item. Why the GetSelectedItem() doesn't return the correct item data void test::OnNMRclickTree1(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult HTREEITEM hmyItem,hti; OnTvnSelchangedTree1(pNMHDR, pResult) ... void test::On...

Very weird tab control behaviour !?!
I have a form with a tab control. All looks great in design view but in form view the tab and caption part of the control moves up and overlays the controls above. I tried increasing the height of the form and moving the tab control way down but in form view the tabs and captions still float way up and overlay the control above. I've been stuck on this for hours and am completely stuck. No idea how to fix this. I tried removing the tab control completely then pasting it back - same result. Another strange clue, when I increase the TOP property on the tab control, it never changes in...

Resizing controls
I am working with Access 2007. When I try to resize one of the controls, all of the controls resize to the size of the one that I am working with. How can I separate the controls so that I can resize them individually? I never encountered this problem with Access 2003. There is a setting that you need to change, to change it from "tabbed form" to "overlapping." See my "quick tutorial" on my website here: http://www.btabdevelopment.com/main/QuickTutorials/A2K7Howtochangefromtabbedforms/tabid/81/Default.aspx -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderat...

AxtiveX ctrl subclassing custom control
Hi! There are plenty of examples where ActiveX ctrls are subclassed from Windows controls such as BUTTON, EDIT, etc. I've got custom control based on CRichEditCtrl, and I'd like to build ActiveX ctrl subclassed from it. I'm not quite sure how this should be done. In all examples I found the approach is like this - BOOL CActiveXWrapperCtrl::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { cs.lpszClass = _T("EDIT"); return COleControl::PreCreateWindow(cs); } well, my custom control does not have registered name, so what should i do? many thanks kdv09 ...

Analysis Cubes does not appear in GP Menu
Hi all, I am trying to open the Create PivotTable Reports window from Microsoft Dynamics GP menu > Tools > Analysis Cubes > Create PivotTable Reports. But I could not able to see the same in GP Menus. I don't know what could be the wrong. Your ideas to this are highly appreciable. Thanks and regards, Vijay On Jul 21, 7:09=A0am, Account is empty <Accountisem...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all, > I am trying to open the Create PivotTable Reports window from Microsoft > Dynamics GP menu > Tools > Analysis Cubes > Create PivotTable Rep...

Start Menu shortcut doesn't work
I pinned to start menu on Vista, worked for a while now just won't open Publisher, and I have to go into C:\Program Files to find it to access it Anyone know a way to get the shortcut working again ? On Fri, 9 May 2008 12:41:08 +0100, "Phil K" <philk001@gmail.com> wrote: >I pinned to start menu on Vista, worked for a while now just won't open >Publisher, and I have to go into C:\Program Files to find it to access it >Anyone know a way to get the shortcut working again ? Re-pin it to the start menu from there. Why not put Publisher on the quick launch T...

Referancing a subforms control
i have a value i would like to assign to a subforms control but i am having no luck in doing so. the main form is called "Site_info_frm" the subform is called "FAsub_info_frm" and the control is called "File_path" could someone show me how to put them together to insert the value. Thanks Forms!Site_info_frm!FAsub_info_frm.Form!File_path Note, though, that depending on how you added FAsub_info_frm as a subform on Site_info_frm, it's possible that the subform control on Site_info_frm might be named something other than FAsub_info_frm. If the subform cont...

Hyperlink control
Is it possible to have a control hyperlink to open a specific worksheet in an excell file. I tried adding #'wksName' to the hyperlink properties but that gave me an invalid reference error opening excel. ...

Two Cdialog windows in same MFC application ???
HI, I am trying to build a simple MFC Application using MSVC 6.0 I require two CDialog windows, simultaneously. The scenario is like two windows receiving each other messages.. The problem is how to activate two CDialogs together...I should be able to select any one by clicking through mouse... Also do they need to be Modal or Modal less... Thanks.. a.a.cpp hi keep the handle of the other dialog box, and send the message to the other dialog box whenever one dialog box get the message. So that they are in synchronous with each other. Alternative is to have the custom mess...

DLL tell what type of application is running.
I'm writing a general purpose error handler that will be used by Windows Apps, Web Apps, Window's Services, ... In other words - just about any program will be calling it. Part of this error routine would be to put up a message box if it's a windows app but only if it's a windows app. How can I make sure that the application that is running is actually a Window's app. I currently am passing in parameters to display the message if appropriate but I want to make sure that somebody doesn't by accident call the routine with a message to display for something ...

American Public University System: Finance Applications Manager Ne
American Public University Finance Application Manager- MS Dynamics Great Plains American Public University System, located in Charles Town, West Virginia, is seeking a qualified Applications Manager with expert knowledge of MS Dynamics Great Plains software. Responsibilities for the position include identification of upgrades and enhancements, development of business requirements and test cases, and maintenance of technical and process configuration for A/R, A/P, and G/L. Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years experience in Informatio...

Idiots amd Noddys guide to Visual Basic for applications
Hi, Can some one recommend a website/book an idiots guide, real nodd explanations for beginners learning Visual Basic for applications, fo somone who know's nothing about visual basic leading them through step by step process. A web site - that can get you stated from very beginning, with ver concise explanations. Walking before you can run style!!!!!! Many thanks, -- grphillip ----------------------------------------------------------------------- grphillips's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1595 View this thread: http://www.excelfor...

12800 errors are logged in the application log
Hi everybody, Two outlook clients (outlook 2003) meet a synchronisation problem as you see in the following message: 10:45:30 Synchronizer Version 11.0.6352 10:45:30 Synchronizing Mailbox 'Schalbroeck, Vincent' 10:45:30 Synchronizing Hierarchy 10:45:31 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Inbox' 10:45:31 Downloading from server 'exchange.be.bvd' 10:45:40 Terminated in error 10:45:40 [8007000E-50C-8007000E-560] 10:45:40 There is not enough memory available to perform the operation. 10:45:40 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 10:45:40 For more information o...

Event ID: 5891 is logged in the Exchange Server Application log by CRM 1.2

Confusing Docs to Modify Menu
According to the documentation for CWnd::OnInitMenu: "OnInitMenu is only called when a menu is first accessed; OnInitMenu is called only once for each access." Which is it? When a menu is first accessed or once for each access? At any rate, I'd like to dynamically add commands to my application's menu. I tried both OnInitMenu and OnInitMenuPopup. In both cases, my code ended up adding the command each time the menu was displayed and so the added command appeared multiple times. I know I can probably set a flag but isn't there some way to determine when the menu is fir...

controlling fields on a form
I am using Word 2003 to make a form and put in some fields. There are a couple of things I am unable to do, however. When data is input into the field by the user, text below the field is pushed down. How do I control the field so it does not affect surrounding text? I would like to set the field at a maximum length (I can do this) and not have the other text on the form get moved. Finally, the fields I insert are of a fixed length, about 1 inch. I double click on the field and can set the maximum length, but the default size of the field remains at about 1 inch. Can I g...

XmlValidation Errors int TreeView Control
I show some Xml file in Windows TreeView control. Wenn I validate Xml with some Xml-Schema, I have to show errors node with red color. How can I find an element name, which causes an Exception of XmlValidatingReader? In XmlValidatingReader, you can not determine the element/attribute name which caused the error but you can find out the line number and position where the error occured. This information is available on the XmlSchemaException, if you have hooked up a validation event handler. Zafar "nataly" <nataly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E9753AE-4...

Shift+Insert does not paste into edit control on CFormView derived view
Hi, I have an edit control on a form view. The problem is that pasting of clipboard content does not seem to work with Shift+Insert key combo. There is no problem with pasting when using context menu. If I test the underlying dialog from IDE resource editor then Shift+Insert works fine. The Shift+Insert combo also works fine with other dialogs in the app. This problem can be easily illustrated by creating a simple SDI app with a form view and then dropping an edit control onto the form. Is this an expected behaviour? Thanks, Bogdan "Bogdan" <bogdan@domain.com> wr...

microsoft date and time picker control #3
Is there a way to hide the DTPicker "Button" when printing an Excel page? You should be able to set the PrintObject Property option to False in the Properties Window for the object. PC "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:576CACE2-BB4A-450A-A894-464E4095DCA3@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to hide the DTPicker "Button" when printing an Excel page? Thank you for the suggestion, but I want the date to be visible when printing, not the button. This works in InfoPath and other non Microsoft applications, please advise if yo...