well im not a new user but ive never learned much beyond simple stuff

i have a spreadsheet that i would like to do the following with:
...have a spreadsheet with say 30 pages, each page labeled with a month/dom,
ie May1,May2,...May30. Each page has 30,31,28,29 days as rows and then
several columns days but of course the rows vary depending on the month.

Now lets say I know there will be a june, july, etc sheet. I want a formula
to put on each page that is the sum of column j on each page. In the unique
case I can refer to mayx-cellx by a link like "='May 9'!$M$26", but I would
like a generic statement that doesn't care if it is May9, or Jun9, or xyz,
just the 9th page of the sheet. Is there a dual-refernce to a page within a
sheet so you don't have to use the  'name', but you can reference to the
page_position within the whole spreadsheet. Just like a cell can be named as
a var, but it is also j55.

thanks.

jim

microsoft.public.excel.newusers

0
jim2690 (10)

I've managed to find the file somewhere in the net.
Thanks fellas for your help

0
anonymous (74722)

New user mailbox creation doesn't happen
I have installed Exchange 2003 w/ SP1 on my win2k3 server with all of the latest OS updates as well, and when I create a new user I have to reboot the server before the new user is able to use thier new email box. One MS knowledgebase mentioned something about this happening on dual processor machines however this is only a single processor machine, it also stated that SP1 would fix this problem, however it appears that this problem still exists and is not related to dual processor machines. I have checked the event and error logs and come up with nothing fruitful there either. If an...

Some users can't personalize workplace
Some users can't fully personalize workplace. On the 'Set Personal Options' screen, everything is disabled on the Workplace tab. What privileges do you need for that? Regards, Marcin ...

Calendar reminder in Outlook 2003 unchecks itself when user logs out
When a particular user logs off, his default reminder button unchecks itself. At first I thought it was a profile issue, but I tried changing his profile (adding items to desktop) and logging off/on. The desktop changes are there, but the outlook 2003 calendar default reminder button is unchecked. ...

How to prepare a new GAL
I have several groups an I need an Address List each one Thanks Your post is pretty non-specific, so try this. 823151 HOW TO: Create a New Global Address List with a Custom Search by Using http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823151 >-----Original Message----- >I have several groups an I need an Address List each one. >Thanks >. > ...

Sharing messages & contacts between users
Hello, my wife and have upgraded from Win98 and Outlook Express to Win2000 Pro and Outlook 2003... what a time warp! My question is, it's nice to have separate Win2k usernames so she can have a messy desktop and I can have a simple one with web content on the desktop, etc. But when using Outlook 2003, I want both of us to see the same email inbox, same list of unread/read emails, same contacts, same sent items, and so on. I don't want to repeat an email she's already answered or have two sets of contacts for us both. How can I configure Outlook to do that with separate Windo...

default user name and password for RMSsample database
Hello, I just installed RMS Store operations 2.0 on a Vista computer. It installed SQL 2005. now I am trying to open the sample database to start a new one. I don't know what is the password for the "sa" user. In version 1.3 with MSDE 2000 the "sa" password was blank. I setup a user and password when I was installing RMS, but that is not working either. thanks for your help bob Hi Bob, Send me an email and I will send you a utility to set SA password. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = = "Bob Dahdaleh&qu...

Calculated field IM
Hi I am writing an integration to bring in Receivables Transaction in GP V9 I would like to be able to have a script attached to the Amount field to add 2 fields on my source file to get the value for the Amount. Don't seem to get the syntax correct - can anyone help? thanks Jean In the field script, you can use something like this: CurrentField = SourceFields("SOURCE.FIELD1") + SourceFields("SOURCE.FIELD2") Where SOURCE is the name of the data source, and FIELDx is the name of the field in the data source. You don't need SOURCE if you only have 1 data sour...

New Laptop
Will Excel spreadsheets created in Office 97 copied from CD backup to a new laptop with Windows XP Home/Office 2003 retain all formulae and formats, allowing me to continue adding data? Swampy, I don't think you will have any problems with your files -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "swampy" <swampy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5935905-81BC-41EF-8CED-8FC1C4E5D028@microsoft.com....

Setting up a new integration for Wennsoft subcontractors
Hello, I'm having difficulty in setting up a new integration for importing vendors and subcontractors from one data base to the another. I need to be able to stipulate Jobs and cost codes against these as well though I think I'll need to create new integrations for that? Any ideas?? Cheers ...

User-defined Functions #2
How can I access the user-defined functions?? I want to modify one of the functions and don't see how to get into it. Thanks in advance... -Andrea Report Writer functions.... shown as user defined functions in calculated fields are created by a Dexterity developer and cannot be created or altered by a user. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessaril...

Not showing any mail address for new users..
Hi, I have a problem with a Exchange server 2003, when i make a new user in AD. The user don't get the default Reciptient policy from the Exchange Server, the "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" is selected. And there is no mail box for this user in the Exchange System Manager under Servers/"server"/First Storage Group/Mailbox Store/Mailboxes. There is nothing in the event viewer, users that is already created can send and recive mail. It's only new users and Distribution Groups that don't get any mail address or mail box.....

DD-MON-YYYY never D-MON-YYYY
I need to format a date column to show leading zeros in the DD part. How do I do this? I want 07-JUL-2009 I do not want 7-JUL-2009 Thank you Assuming data are real dates, select the col, then click: Format>Cells>Custom Type: dd-mmm-yyyy Click OK aha? punch the YES below -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:27,000 Files:200 Subscribers:70 xdemechanik --- "okey" wrote: > I need to format a date column to show leading zeros in the DD part. > How do I do this? > > I want 07-JUL-2009 > I do not want 7-JUL-2009 > > Thank you ...

Filling LIstBox with Access users names
Hi Does anyone know how to fill a listbox withthe login names of Database users when Access security has been implemented, i want to be able to delete a user from the system using the listbox to select the user to delete. Many thanks Stuart -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com You can cycle on the Users collection: For Each x In DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Users ... Next x It would be a matter to append the user name to a list of values. Hoping it may help, Vanderghast, Access MVP "Stuart Jack via AccessMonster.com" <u31758@uw...

New Account in Outlook 97
I have outlook 97 on my pc but am currently using Outlook Express. I want to set up my existing account on Outlook - how do I do this? Depends on whether you've updated to IMEP or not. Here's a quick step-by-step: * go to the Control Panel > Mail applet * make sure that the profile that's showing (which typically is the contents of your default profile) has the following services in it: - Personal Folders (this defines the location that mail/items can be stored in) - Outlook Address Book (another address book provider - this one takes the electronic addresses from Contacts a...

Moving mail to new computer?
Hello.... I am using Outlook and am movign to a new computer. How do I move saved mail (and any saved mail in folders) to the new computer? Is there an eqsy process of moving certain files? Is there a network way? Tahnk you Copy Outlook.pst to a new location on your new computer. Rename Outlook.pst to Outlook.old at the old location on your new computer. Restart Outlook and Outlook wil ask where your Outlook.pst is. Select Outlook.pst at the new location. Done. Nees "Stan Rudnick" <stan@andrewslucia.com> schreef in bericht news:5xSyf.20351$or4.20097@newssvr12.news....

New functionalities in version 3.0
Hi, I'm looking for any specyfication of new functionalities in version 3.0. We are writing new functionalites in base of 1.2 version - maybe it will not needed and we spend time. search google for microsoft crm and you will see lots of news items related to version 3.0 -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Rafal" <Rafal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C72D354-3ACC-479D-9B17-BC65036F978A@microsoft.com... > Hi, I'm looking for any specyfication of new functionalities in version 3.0. > We are writing new functionali...

How to Prevent Users From Seeing Activities Based on Regarding
In the interest of leveraging CRM to handle more of our internal operations, I've added some custom entities to the system to track marketing events. Because these marketing events have financial information associated with them related to the cost of the event, I don't want anyone in the support department to see this information. I can easily prevent them from seeing the entities themselves, but they can apparently see all of the activities related to the entity. Because some of the e-mails related to the entity contain financial information, this is unacceptable. Does anyo...

Moving Public Folders To New Partition
Good day. I am needing to move my, rather large, Public Folders to a new partition. Am I wrong in assuming that it should be as easy as 'dismounting' that Public folder store, moving the database to the new partition, and 'mounting' that store at its new location? Thanks a ton, Russ And of course you'll have to update the database path in the store properties page. "russkiel@gmail.com" wrote: > Good day. > > I am needing to move my, rather large, Public Folders to a new > partition. Am I wrong in assuming that it should be as easy as > '...

priv+stm file much bigger than total pst files
Exchange 2003 SP2/Windows 2002 SP4 Some time ago I added an exchange server, and moved some mailboxes to the new server. Due to problems with speed etc. on the new server, the mailboxes were moved back and forth a few times. I found that the stm file suddenly exploded to a very big size. Thinking this would be resolved with an offline defrag, I tried that with no change at all. I have made pst files of the mailboxes and the figures are: Total of pst files: 9Gb priv1.edb: 7Gb priv1.stm: 33Gb I have run offline defrag again with no change in database size (surprisingly I expected some reduct...

Replicating User signatures for emails
When setting up a new user, our company's policy is to create a custom signature for sending out email that includes the employee's name, company's name, phone& fax number, etc. Currently, our users can access email via Outlook at their desktops, Outlook over HTTP on their laptops, OWA, or logging into our Term Server and accessing Outlook there. We do not use roaming profiles. Currently, the employee has to repeat the process of customizing their signature for each of the above instances, which means doing it 3 or 4 times. Is there a way of automating this process cur...

APIs to create new folders under Start-All Programs ?
Hi: Is there SDK APIs to create new folders and put application links inside the groups under the Start-All Programs menu? Thanks in Advance. Polaris How about CreateDirectory()? "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OvItfufdEHA.3420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi: > > Is there SDK APIs to create new folders... Thanks. But the new directoy created will not shown under Start-All Programs menu. I like to create a new folder under Start - All Programs for my applications. "David Crow [MCSD]" <david.no.spam.crow@pbsnow.no.spam.com>...

Add new fields to a form
Access Newbie here. I created a simple little Contacts database and emailed it to my data entry person who is in another city. She has already entered quite a few records. Now I would like to add a couple of new fields to the form. Whats the best way to do that? Is it possible for me to email her the new form and she can import it into her database? James The database should be split into a front-end (containing the queries, forms, reports, macros and modules), linked to a back-end (containing the tables and relationships). In that way, anytime you need to make an application ch...

custom color palette for every new workbook
I have been changing the color palette for each new workbook. Is it possible to have Excel start out all new workbooks with my own color palette? Best, Vinod On 9 Jul 2004 16:46:34 -0700, one@vinod.org (Vinod) wrote: >I have been changing the color palette for each new workbook. Is it >possible to have Excel start out all new workbooks with my own color >palette? 1/ Create a workbook with the palette that you want. 2/ Save that as a file named Book.xlt (Save As type "Template (*.xlt)") in your xlStart folder, the location of which will vary depending on your version. (J...

no more new fonts may be applied in this workbook when changing fo
I get the error "no more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" when changing font (not adding a Graph). Any idea how to fix it. Thanks, Dan Shalom Micky, I tried that but did not help. Toda anyway. Dan "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote: > Check this out: > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/215573?p=1 > Micky > > > "Dan" wrote: > > > I get the error "no more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" when > > changing font (not adding a Graph). > > > > Any idea how ...

How to Add New AD user "attribute"?
We want to add a couple of new "attributes" to our AD user accounts. I am not sure that "attribute" is the correct wording but here is what we want: Like you have these "attributes" by default for each user Description: Office: E-mail: we would like to add these Employee#: CostCenter: I am quite certain that this will be a Schema modification but I am just not sure how to properly do this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Fred you might want to consider using the custom attributes for these... "Fred Yarbrough" <fcyarbrough@yahoo.com...