weibull distribution function - graph

Hello, I need to make graph of Weibull distribution function with  a = 10, b
= 10 and count the modus of the function. I never did something like that.
Can you give me detailed description how to do it? Thank you.
0
Metroid (1)

Metroid --
Not entirely sure what you're trying to accomplish, but:

        A                 B                                   C
1       1        =weibull(a1,10,10,false)   =weibull(a1,10,10,true)

and copy down through your various x values.

Then graph the B and C columns using the A column as your X axis.  Read help
on the weibull function to see how to set it up.

HTH

"Metroid" wrote:

> Hello, I need to make graph of Weibull distribution function with  a = 10, b
> = 10 and count the modus of the function. I never did something like that.
> Can you give me detailed description how to do it? Thank you.
0
pdberger (40)

eConnect PM Schema distribution item
Whenever I use eConnect PM distribution on my invoices, I see that the two default distrbution account are always present ; namely Pay on the credit side Purchase on the debit side This is despite the fact I'm explicitly entering in the distribution item of the Schema my own debiting and crediting accounts. so the result is I can see my distributing account along with these two. Kindly advice on how I can ensure via eConnect that the Purchases Invoices distribution list I can only see the distribution accounts I specify in the eConnect XML ...

Can Distribution List Sent Show Only One Recipient in Emails Recei
This is a re-write of a previous post, that didn’t get resolved. I’m restating it here to get a fresh start / better response. Also, please note that I’m not very technically savvy, so if there is a solve for this, please advise me in very plain language. Thanks in advance. Scenario: I'm a new user of Outlook 2007. Say I have a large group of clients. I want to create a boilerplate email for, that goes out to all the recipients. However, I want each email sent to be received by a single client, and at the same time not have that client be aware of the other clients (It...

Time functions #2
Hi, I have to do some time calculations and I have a formula that outputs in minutes and I have to subtract a standard time to this number of minutes. For example, I have 8:00 AM in one cell and 20.68 minutes on an other cell. The output that I am expecting is 7:39 AM. Does anybody know how to bring an output like that by subtracting the minutes? Please help. Thanks With 8:00 AM in A1 and 20.68 in B1, use this formula =A1-B1/(24*60) Why does it work? Because Excel stores time as a fraction of a day. We convert minutes to days by dividing by 24*60 (24 hr/day and 60 min/hr) You could just u...

Possible to turn off graph refresh temporarily?
Graphs in 2007 are very slow to refresh after refreshing a data connection. When I remove the 30 graphs in my spreadsheet and refresh the data connections, it refreshes in less than a second. When the graphs are present, it's more than 10 seconds. Is there any way (VBA?) to disable the refreshing of the graphs until after the data connection refreshes have completed, and then to re-enable them? Kind of like a "manual calculation" mode for graphs. Thanks! I'm not aware of anything that allows you to stop the graph refreshing as such. However, you might be able to get ...

Problem on Outlook 2000 distribution list
I create a distribution list long time ago. It had 10 people on it. Last time I modify, add or delete people on distribution list, and I use this to send out. I found that the email only send to 3 people. It should be send to 10 different people. Please tell me why it will happen and how to solve it. Thanks a lot, Amon ...

Adding functionality to MS Outlook Express
Hi, I am looking for help to integrate anti-spam open source programs with MS Outlook Express :- - SpamPal - http://www.spampal.org/ - Spamato - http://www.spamato.net/ The problem is to provide a library that will facilitate this. I have read the MSDN Messaging and Collaboration documentation which gives the ability to get notifications of new messages and to access message folders :- http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms709546.aspx The next need is to add a toolbar (with buttons for SPAM/NOSPAM) and to detect what messages are selected in the message window. The MSOE...

Inserted rows, now need Counta function
Hi I've got a data dump. I've figured out how to insert a blank row after a change in name in column A and insert "Total" - so... bill.... bill.... bill Total - bob.... bob.... bob.... bob Total - What I need in column C next to total is to insert the COUNTA function for each person. Any ideas? cheers You say your code inserts a blank row after a change in name and inserts "Total", but your example doesn't show this. Can you post the code you are using to do your "insert"? It will probably be easier to handle the ...

If Function Possibilities
Is there a way to set up in a cell A1, something like... If the formula used in cell B1 is "here I would type the actual formula in," then display the words "works," else display "mistake" ? -- rheller ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rheller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24081 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=377045 That's a pretty cryptic post. Do you mean: In A1: =IF(B1=n,"Works","Mistake") where 'n...

Distribution Lists not replicating
We are preparing to migrate from exchange 5.5 to 2003. I am using the exdeploy tools and following all the steps. For some reason the only thing that is failing to replicate is the distribtion lists. When I open System Manager and look at the 5.5 mailboxes I don't see any of the distribtion lists...so there's no way I can move them to the 2003 server. Any ideas? Have you looked at this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Site-Consolidation-Tools-Exchange2003.ht ml "KJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:025d01c499d3$c8b8f410$a601280a...

Writing Access functions
I am an old FoxPro programmer (but have been out of programming for many years) and I have been through the Access basics that I have been able to find on line. So I can create tables, forms enter data the basics. I am learning VBA no problem there. Now I want to write some functions. I would like to write one function that is passed an ID and returns the last name of the person having that ID. I would like to write this function in two ways: 1. Connect to a table in my DB find the ID and return the name 2. Have the function perform a query that returns a record set from which t...

reading file name from folder function
I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read all the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table. Please let me know. Thanks. Hi. >I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read all >the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table. Please see the getFileInfo( ) function in the tip, "How to compare the contents of two directories," on the following Web page for an example: http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/vba1.html HTH. Gunny See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. See http...

Function Keys in Excel
Can someone please tell me what the F2 key does in Excel 2000? I have a column of data which has been copied from Access 2000 into an Excel 2000 sheet. It is numeric data and when I use the "Countif" function on this data, it doesn't calculate. However, if I press the "F2" function key in any of the cells, something happens to the data so that the "countif" function recoginises it. Can anyone explain what is happening here? Thank you. -- LPS F2 allows you to edit directly in the cell, do you have calculations set to automatic under tools>calcul...

graphs #5
I have a graph that contains over 60 products being graphed. When the graph is completed it is all a big mess you cant see what is what - please help In article <41EC72A8-36FA-4381-9FCB-C2647D7D54E4@microsoft.com>, Shari@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I have a graph that contains over 60 products being graphed. When the graph > is completed it is all a big mess you cant see what is what - please help > Help with what? What do you expect someone to suggest? The only things that come to mind are: (1) Increase the size of the chart (2) Reduce the amount of informati...

filtering the graphs
Hello, here is the issue. This is important for me. I have the graph object in Report that have row source from query. Query have fields A, B, C while graph only uses A and B. Now here comes the problem, I want to dynamically filter records using field C. When I apply filter in open.report where clause it does not work here. How can I bypass it? Thanx m ...

Rule to distribute sent mail
I have 3 mail accounts and I want one (or more) rules like this: Apply the rule after I send the message Through the _specified_ account Move it to the _specified_ folder and mark it as read The problem is that the only option I see, in the Rules wizard, is "move a copy". Furthermore, when I use that option, just to test the rule, the message that was copied to the _specified_ folder looks unread. That's why in my rule I want to add the option "and mark it as read". Any ideas? (Vista Home Premium - Office 2007 Pro) -- Please remove hyphens to contact me ----- ...

faq: type of CArray as function parameter create errors
Hi, class CMyPoint { public: long x; long y; CArray<int,int&> m_intSegmentNo; CMyPoint(); virtual ~CMyPoint(); CMyPoint(const long &xx, const long &yy); CMyPoint(const CMyPoint &cmpt); CMyPoint(const CPoint &cpt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CMyPoint &assmypt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CPoint &asspt); bool operator == (const CMyPoint &rmypt);//const CMyPoint &lmypt, bool operator != (const CMyPoint &rmypt);//const CMyPoint &lmypt, }; .... class CSegment { public: CList<CMyPoint,CMyPoint&> m_PointList; CSeg...

Report Writer Functions #2
Where can I find instructions and examples on the various report writer functions? I've installed the SDK but I don't see anything there. The Report Writer On-line manual (Help - Printable Manuals - Reporting - Report Writer) has a fairly good description of the functions in Chapter 6. Do you look there or is there a specific function that you did not find there for which you are searching? "Elaine" wrote: > Where can I find instructions and examples on the various report writer > functions? I've installed the SDK but I don't see anything there. Hi El...

Public Function not running
Hey, I have a public function that I call from a cell. The function is: Public Function QuitTime(strQuitTime As String) As Date Dim strHour, strMin As String Dim intHour, intMin As Integer Dim dtTime As Date strHour = Left(strQuitTime, 2) strMin = Right(strQuitTime, 2) dtTime = strHour & ":" & strMin dtTime = dtTime + Range("MainSheet!B2") ' this cell contains the value today() QuitTime = dtTime End Function Anyway, I run a vlookup on this array from another sheet and when ever i run that vlookup, it makes all the cells in th...

Question on "Value" function
In trying to use Excel to help solve a mathematical puzzle, I would like to calculate the result of applying the mathematical operator in one cell to the numbers in two other cells. Example: A1 contains 2, B1 contains +, C1 contains 3. In D1, create a formula that will give the result of 2 + 3, i.e. 5. I have tried (among many other attempts) =VALUE(CONCATENATE(A1, B1, C1)), but it gives me a #VALUE! error. What am I missing? Hi this is not possible without using VBA. try the following UDF: Public Function my_calculate(op1 As Range, operand As Range, op2 As Range) my_calculate = Ap...

Function for convertion of leters doesn't work.
I'm using function LOWER to convert string i my table on small size but Access gives me a message that the function is not defined.Please, do you know another function? MS Access does not have a LOWER function. Try LCase() instead. -- Cheryl Fischer Law/Sys Associates Houston, TX "Stenli" <svet2000@seznam.cz> wrote in message news:10b201c3626e$b613a050$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm using function LOWER to convert string i my table on > small size but Access gives me a message that the function > is not defined.Please, do you know another function? ...

Creating a "step" effect with line graphs
I have a graph that charts a velocity over time. As the velocity decreases I want to display the maximum integer velocity possible (without going over) at that time. The problem is that I would like to have the integer values displayed without diagonal lines (can't have fractional parts of a whole number). I know there is a way to do it (a friend did this once, but can't remember how). Can anyone think of how to do this? Code: -------------------- +-----------+-------+-----+ | Date | Vel | Int | +-----------+-------+-----+ | 13-Jan-04 | 24.58 | 24 | | 14-Jan-04 ...

Missing engineering functions
In an earlier version of Excel, I had "engineering functions" like =dec2hex and =hex2dec. Not, in Excel 2003, I see them in the "help files' but not in my list of available formulas. How do I get them to work in Excel 2003? Thanks in advance, Geoff Waters Glendale, CA Geoff, I don't have Excel 2003, but you should be able to go to Tools | Add-ins and check mark "Analysis Took Pak" in the list that appears. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, CA "Geoff" <grw888@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:zwfIc.299$Qu5.238@newsread2.news.pas.earthli...

Read Receipt Function in outlook
The read receipt option is no longer working in Outlook Small Business Edition for XP 2002. I have not made any recent changes to my outlook setup. Does anyone know how I can trouble shoot this? ...

Even Distribution Formula
Say I have 120 bowling players, their id_number in col_a, they all have different skill level, indicated by his avg_score in col_b I need to allot them into n teams (say 15), of equivalent strength on the TEAM level so no team ends up with mostly high-scorers and vic-versa. I'm not sure the title is right. How do you call this ? And does Excel 2003 has a formula foir this ? thanks! ID AVG_SCORE TEAM_NUMBER -------- ---------------- -------------------- 1 287 2 103 3 139 4 100 5 243 6 207 ...

Outlook today function
When I click on the customize outlook today button nothing happens. What should I do. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 You can edit the registry to make changes to Outlook Today. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/oltoday.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://ww...