Want info in a specific cell to reflect in another worksheet..

How do I get a Numerical Value on Worksheet 1 cell C3 to reflect in Worsheet
2 cell C5?

Thank you!
0
Shiren (1)

A good way to learn.
in the desired cell put in =
now goto the other sheet and cell
then hit the enter key

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Shiren" <Shiren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I get a Numerical Value on Worksheet 1 cell C3 to reflect in
Worsheet
> 2 cell C5?
>
> Thank you!

0
Don
6/13/2005 7:59:55 PM
In worksheet 2 cell C5 enter  ='worksheet 1'!C3

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:40:01 -0700, Shiren <Shiren@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>How do I get a Numerical Value on Worksheet 1 cell C3 to reflect in Worsheet
>2 cell C5?
>
>Thank you!

0
Gord

How to Filter cells and save the file with certain criteria?
Hello. I have a Excel file that contains a large list of Tracking Numbers. The tracking numbers are from two sets of order types- Internet orders and Mail Orders. Orders that are from the Internet are matched up with a order number such as "5678". Orders from the mail-order side are designated by initials "MO". So in Excel it'll look something like this: trackingnumber orderid 123365656666 5467 152155896345 5468 123365634567 MO 152134567789 5469 152151234563 MO Is there a way to eliminate the Mail-Order rows and save the Excel file to ...

Don't Want Email Addresses Hyperlinked
Using Excel 2002... Is there any way to have the email address I have in my worksheet remain as simple text? (They typically are blue and want to be "mailtos.") thnx Menu Insert|Hyperlink... Click the Remove Hyperlink button. HTH Kostis Vezerides Tools / AutoCorrect Options.... "Autoformat as you type" tab, uncheck "internet and network paths with hyperlinks" HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "phil6666" <phil6666@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:2tn6o194usnq8dtdr7g7nfciv2pd68ccrc@4ax.com... > Using Excel 2002... > > Is there any ...

modify the Type of Field in a Table From another MDB through a Command button
Hello to all! I hope can help me. By technical questions that would be to me very long to explain, the following necessity arises to me: I need To modify the Type of Field in a Table From another MDB through a Command button. The field at issue would happen to be "Number" to "TEXT". Is this possible one? I wait for alternatives. Thanks in advance, and sorry for my poor english. Dreamer. - Hi Is it not possible to open the other database and simply open the table in design view and then change the field. It seems very complex to do the codeing what will most pro...

pasting into merged cells #2
Every time I try to copy and paste data into a merged cell I get error messages about the cells not being the same size. Even if I try to just paste values only. Is there any workaround or fix for this??? Dennis Try pasting into the formula bar. It's a pain, but it works. HTH Carole >-----Original Message----- >Every time I try to copy and paste data into a merged cell I get error >messages about the cells not being the same size. Even if I try to just >paste values only. Is there any workaround or fix for this??? > >Dennis > > >. > See my res...

Graph Help- 12 month graph, but only want months that have passed
I need help setting up a graph. It is a simple bar graph, that has the months of the year on the x axis, and production in tons on the y axis. I have a table setup for this Jan to Dec, but obviously only have data for Jan through May. Is there a way I can set up the graph so it will only make the graph Jan through May, but as I add more data, and months go by, it will automatically add a new column for June, then July and so on and so on? I do not want the months that have no data to be graphed with a value of zero, I would rather them show up automatically when that month has data....

How do I protect my comments from being edited by another user?
I regularly send excel worksheets to a co-worker via e-mail and then she sends it out to others within the company (sales force). There are occasions when she will need to revise it and send it back to me. How do I protect my comments so that they cannot be edited, or can I? I received a worksheet back today that the comments I had entered were changed. These comments are my back-up and I do not want them changed. Can anybody help? highlight the whole sheet format cells / protection / uncheck locked highlight the cells you want protected format cells / protection / check locked tool...

cell protection to allow GROUP/UNGROUP function
2 asthetic questions for all you advanced Excel Users.... Q1. is it possible to protect a worksheet, but still be able to us the +GROUP & -UN GROUP buttons ? to expand / contract the viewe ranges? Q2. anyone know how to change the colour of the AUTO FILTER button - i changes from black to dark blue when activated - i would like to hav this with more contrast and so it jumps out at you ( and the othe plebs in the office who keep forgetting) Regards David ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages dire...

Highlight Cells with different values
Hi, I have a column that I want to locate the differences. I can use the F5---Special---Column Differences. But I wanted to know if I can do it with Conditional Formatting. Like if Value in A1 is different than the values in Column A:A, then it is highlighted... Any help appreciated Fuad Sounds like an Excel question..try one of the Excel newsgroups, this one is for Publisher. "Fuad" <Fuad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0536FB95-362E-412F-BD1C-99BF9B10E8CD@microsoft.com... | Hi, | | I have a column that I want to locate the differences. I can use th...

Querying Excel data without another program
Hello, I'm an intermediate user of Excel, but I have lots of experience using Access. If you can give me clues on how to handle the information below using only Excel, I'd be grateful! I have a spreadsheet in Excel 97 in which there's a Worksheet named, "Datasource" with a column "B" containing repetitive data. I'd like to create a new worksheet in the same Excel file which shows a single instance of each item used in Column "B". If I were writing the query in SQL, I'd say "SELECT DISTINCT [Column B] FROM [MySpreadsheet]![Datasource...

How to total cells in a range with data input
Greetings to all members I am running Excel 97. An office colleague presented me with an issue that might be of interest to any Excel whiz and seasoned programmers. I would certainly appreciate any pointers in solving it. So here goes. The set of values includes 33 cells ranging from B4:D14. The data type is numeric. Data is only input in a few cells. QUESTION What would be the function to enter in, say, cell A15 to indicate the total number of cells in range B4:D14 that have received data input? Or does it involve some behind the scene VBA programming? EXAMPLE B6 = 9 C9 = 4 D11 ...

How do I protect one single cell?
I have a spreadsheet where people are going to type in numbers, and the final cell is a total, which of course I don't want people to accidentally type over, as it will lose the formula behind it. So...... I put some "data validation" behind that cell, to say only allow entries of text length = 50 - a kind of "mock" condition. Nobody'e ever gonna type in 50 chars. are they?! And sure enough, typing in (eg) 854221 brings up the error box to stop them, just like (eg) HHJSYT brings up the error box to stop them. I even unchecked the ignore blank" box, so that ent...

Insert Data From Multiple Worksheets Into One (With Criteria)
Ok, I have created a sales report list that tracks what customers we are contacting, how we are contacting them, if they are a new or existing customer and if we sent a quote, along with some other details. There is a worksheet the salesmen fills out for each day of the month (its linked to a calendar) and that all goes into a "dashboard" that shows the breakdown with graphs. Now what i would like to do is have another worksheet list all the customers that we sent quotes to so they can mark if the quote was won or lost , state sales projections and give reasons why won ...

I do not want to see grammar checks for passive voice
Every document I type has a grammar error indicating "passive voice" might want to consider revising. I do not have a good understanding of what passive voice means and I really do not want to see it so I am wondering if there is a setting in the grammar check that I can deselect to turn off the passive voice check? ...

The recalcitrant active cell.
I am way over in column EO, reconnoitring data, when I need assistance of a "what if", I activate the auto filter, and the active cell jumps back to A1. any workarounds for this annoying habit? Thanks in advance. Works for me, if I filter on something in one column and the active cell is there as well it won't change to A1 2 guesses, your active cell was A1 from the start even though you filtered on EO you have a recorded macro that was setup to go back to A1 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Rodney" <rodney@touch88gum.com.au> wrote in message news:u3PI%...

Requery one subform from another subform
Hi Groupies My Main form (frmProjectMaster) contains 2 levels of subforms. The first subform is frmCompartmentsWizard. frmCompartmentsWizard contains fsubBlocksWizard and fsubReefersWizard. On fsubBlocksWizard, there is a combo box called strStockCode that gets its data from tblReefers. tblReefers happens to be the data source for fsubReefersWizard. What I need to happen is this: When a new record is added in fsubReefersWizard, I need the combo box on fsubBlocksWizard to requery so that the new data shows up. I need to stay in fsubReefersWizard. I am having trouble figuring ou...

link worksheet A & B
worksheet A cell F name is called product code cell F2 is Q921 cell F3 is Q5201 cell G name is called yarn count but worksheet B cell A name is called product code same as cell F of worksheetA Cell B name is called yarn count same as cell G of worksheetA if user plugin cell B62 with value 1234 and cell A62 at worksheet B is equal to worksheetA cell F2. How it link up and automatically display on G2 and the rest... but must be able to match and identify the product code of worksheet A and B in order for user to plugin lots of different number on worksheetB- column cellB and it will displ...

Official info about patches and updates for Money 2005?
I have read several posts about problems with Money 2005. Does anybody know if it exists any official information about future fixes or updates for Money 2005? Money 2006 is reported readying a beta test, if that's what you mean. How many M05 issues it addresses remains to be seen. Past experience isn't entirely encouraging. "japasu" <japasu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B484768A-8895-4128-86CF-D09EC3E7690F@microsoft.com... >I have read several posts about problems with Money 2005. Does anybody know > if it exists any official information...

How To Add Rows and Cells in The Table Using IHTMLTable
Hello Everyone, I am currently working on the DHTML Dialog Based Application. I have been stucked due to a problem, which is that my HTML Page contains a HTML Table element and a button, i want my application to add rows and cells on the click event of that button. I have captured the event of the button but i am unable to add rows and cells in the table. Can anyone tell me how to acheive that by using the IHTMLTable interface. Thanks in advance. From, Ghazanfar Ali. "Ghazanfar Ali" <ghazanfarali17@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uMq8CiCjFHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gb...

How to get combo box selected index changed event in another page from the existing page in winforms
Hi, I am working on windows forms project. I have two winforms (window1 and window2). I have a combobox called cmbEmail in window1 and Textbox called txtName in window2. I want to retrieve some information into the txtName in window2 when I selected something from cmbEmail in window1. If I write code to retrieve something into the txtName (which is in window2) in cmbEmail SelectedIndexchanged event in window1, I will get an error of txtName doesn't exist in this page. Can anybody help me to solve this problem.. Thanks and Regards Naresh "Naresh" &...

A Macro that will cut and paste to specific cell
I import tables from web into excel. These tables vary in size. Therefore one day the first table may go from A:7 to P:20 then the second table starts at A:22 and ends at P:40 and so on. Then the next day the first table may be A:7 to P:12 and the second A:14 to P:33. I need each table to have the same starting point each day. I have been cutting and pasting each individule table to achieve this. Is there a macro that can do this or a macro at the very least if highlight the table will then cut and paste for me to a specific cell. Thank you for any help you can give Hi, can you send me...

format cell to change color when copied
I do alot of cut and pasting. Is there a code that will change the color of a cell if I right click to copy it, so I can track what I have worked on? Thanks, Tawnee -- tawnee jamison ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tawnee jamison's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16137 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346063 Tawnee Can be done, but you'll soon end up not knowing which was which. Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeRightClick(ByVal Target As Range, _ Cancel As Boolean) ...

Inserting something at the begining of evrey cell
How can I insert soemthing at the begining of evrey cell in a column? i.e. Product Name1 Product Name2 Product Name3 Product Name4 Product Name5 into Something Product Name1 Something Product Name2 Something Product Name3 Something Product Name4 Something Product Name5 As always, TIA, Jav ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com try this Sub addtext() For Each c In range("i4:i24") If Len(c) > 0 Then c.Value = "add " & c Next End Sub ...

Getting current time into cell as a static value
I want to get the current time into a cell either by clicking in the cell or clicking a pushbutton. Kind of like using =NOW() but once the value should not change after it is initially set. A bit like using Ctrl-Colon but as the spreadsheet will be run on a PDA it needs to be activated by clicking in the cell or a pushbutton. Thanks Ctrl-Shift-Colon? <wadefleming@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1126044763.859134.103990@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... >I want to get the current time into a cell either by clicking in the > cell or clicking a pushbutton. > > Kind of like ...

Concatenate first:last! worksheet
I need to concatenate 150 rows in 50 different worksheets for a totals page, and may need to add additional worksheets in later versions. So, I need P7 in all 50 worksheets to be concatenated on P6 in the totals page, P8 in all worksheets to be concatenated on P7 in the totals page, etc. I am wondering if it's possible to use something like first:last! to concatenate the worksheet range, making it possible to include additional sheets added in before the current last worksheet. I am using "&" for the concatenate function now as I have more than 30 sheets ...

How do I open an Excel worksheet in a new window?
How do I open an Excel worksheet in a new window? Start your opening process all over. Don't go through the excel you alread have open. go back to your desktop and open a new excel and then open your workbook through there. "Ymotana" wrote: > How do I open an Excel worksheet in a new window? Do you have a need for something other than >File >New >Blank workbook ? Perhaps Tools>Options>View "Windows in Taskbar" is what you/re looking for. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:05:05 -0800, "Ymotana" <Ymotana@discussions.mic...