Value is BLANK

In a form i'm working on i've asked this question before and i'm unable to
locate the replies, but in one cell I have a date to be enter and in the
other cell it takes that date and add 5 days to the date to give me a due
date. But if no date is enter then I want to to remain blank insted giving me
a date.
0
KennyDee (12)

Say that the date is to be entered into A1, then enter this formula into the
"other" cell:

=IF(A1,A1+5,"")
--
HTH,

RD

"Kenny Dee" <KennyDee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In a form i'm working on i've asked this question before and i'm unable to
> locate the replies, but in one cell I have a date to be enter and in the
> other cell it takes that date and add 5 days to the date to give me a due
> date. But if no date is enter then I want to to remain blank insted giving
me
> a date.

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
7/19/2005 1:17:38 AM
=IF(A1="","",A1+5)......format the cell as date........

Vaya cno Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Kenny Dee" <KennyDee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In a form i'm working on i've asked this question before and i'm unable to
> locate the replies, but in one cell I have a date to be enter and in the
> other cell it takes that date and add 5 days to the date to give me a due
> date. But if no date is enter then I want to to remain blank insted giving
me
> a date.

0
croberts (1377)

Publisher does not suppress blank fields with Catalog Merge...please help
As I originally posted, I need help finding out why Publisher is not suppressing blank lines when I merge to a new (or existing) document. [I tried to reply to the existing post, but google just gave me an error.] The person who replied just referred me to the help file (F1). Well, actually, I have tried the Help file, Microsoft's knowledge base, and newsgroups. That's why I posted here. I cannot find any information as to why it is not suppressing blank fields, and inserting extra lines. Some real constructive help would really be appreciated. I am posting here as a last resort...

Ignoring 0 values in the series data
How can I get my chart to ignore values which are zero in the series data and not show these? replace zeros with =NA() Manges -- mangesh_yada ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1047 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38003 You can delete the formulas that are producing zero, or replace them with =IF(formula=0,#N/A,formula) Jerry Alison wrote: > How can I get my chart to ignore values which are zero in the series data a...

How to delete rows automatically with values zero out?
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of rows. Many of them were entered at the beginning and then were reversed out. I got this spreadsheet from our ERP system. It is just like this: Part# Quantity Value 013-001 1 $1.00 013-001 -1 $1.00- 013-002 5 $25.00 013-007 3 $120.00 013-007 -3 $120.00- 022-001 12 $17.00 041-009 7 $251.00 041-009 -7 $251.00- 052-061 10 $30.00 How can I delete those rows autometically with the quantity were zero out. I don't want them show up on my spr...

Counting Unique Values within a Group
I have a report that lists students by grade and the amount of money donated by that student's family. If the parents are divorced, the student's name is listed twice, once for each parent. I want to count only the unique student record in each grade. DCount is giving me the count for the whole school regardless of what group detail i put it in. How do I count only the unique records within each grouping? Thanks in advance. I would attempt to create a totals query that groups by whatever and counts something. Add this totals query to your report's record source...

Blank Quantities in Store Quantity Tab
I added items via Headquarters and left store quantity blank. Through store ops I did a purchase order to accept items to the store. Then I ran a 501 - request full item count. Now, in the HQ on the store quantity table, no stores are listed. Does anyone know how to fix this? Also, what am I doing wrong!? Thanks for the help in advance. diana This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0070_01CAD7D2.5CD027D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Diana, I don't see where you did a 250 wor...

Sum value between two dates and copy to new cell
Hi Guys, Thanks for all the previous helps and guidance on excel sheet and im looking forward for new assistants. i've various dates in column A and values in column B. These values should sum and copy to column E according to date between column C & D, example as below, A B C D E Total 04/01/2010 12 01/01/2010 28/02/2010 02/04/2010 133 01/03/2010 30/04/2010 05/06/2010 154 01/05/2010 30/06/2010 03/04/2010 112 01/07/2010 31/08/2010 05/05/2010 65 01/09/2010 31/10/2010 06/07/2010 34 01/11/2010 31/12/2010 02/01/2010 26 02/0...

Counting rows of blanks across certain columns
I have a survey whose answers were recorded in Excel. The answers for a particular question extend from Q6 to Z505. I need to count the people who did not answer the question (that is, the people, entered in rows 6 to 505 that left columns Q through Z blank). I'm not sure how to do this. Can someone offer a suggestion? Hi You can use a formula like this in Column AA =IF(COUNTA(Q6:Z6)=0,1,"") copy down till AA505 You can use a simple Sum formula now to count the empty ones =SUM(AA6:AA505) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "crossingboston" <...

Can you expand/collapse columns based on a reportitem/field values
I have a report that is driven by accounting periods. The columns are 1, 2, 3, Q1, 4, 5, 6, Q2...YTD. Currently when the report opens all that is shown is Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, and YTD and the user can expand from there. What I want to happen is, if we are in Q2, I want columns 4,5,6, Q2 to be expanded. So the report should read Q1, 4,5,6, Q2, Q3, Q4, YTD. Is this possible? Thanks in advance Original Stealth, Certainly can. I created the following dataset: SELECT 'Q1' AS Expr1, 1 AS Expr2, 500 AS Expr3 UNION ALL SELECT 'Q1' AS Expr1, 2 AS Expr...

How to have one year value added to another cell
I have a cell where I date foramtted fill in the date. How to have on another cell the date + one year automatically filled? So, A1 02-04-06 auto: B1 02-04-07 Bart Excel 2003 =DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) Bob Umlas Excel MVP "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1164983094.802613.212520@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com... > I have a cell where I date foramtted fill in the date. > How to have on another cell the date + one year automatically filled? > > So, > > A1 02-04-06 > > auto: > B1 02-04-07 > > > Bart >...

Macro to insert to move values of a cell to next cell in the same row
Hello, I would like to know the Macro code for Moving the Values of a cell to next cell based upon values in a particular cell. Ex:- Col A(DATE) Col B(0-30 Days) Col C(30-60days) ColD(60-90day) Jan-05 10 Feb-05 10 Based upon date in Col A i want move the value in col b and c to the next cell.Basically this for aging the items in the work sheet Hi There, Can anyone pls give the code for this query. Pls help ...

NTBackup is blank
Hi all, I have been using NTBackup for my Exchange 2003 SP1 and wanted to test a restore of the database. I have had no errors or issues with the backups at all. I noticed as a browse my catalogs that they are all blank, no database information is displayed under the backup jobs. Just the folders in the left columns and the right column says no data available (a breakout of the stores is listed). My databse is 50GB and the *.bkf file reflects it however the file itself appears blank. Can this be? So, I go to restore the file and I get an error that the database could not be located wi...

SQL to get the lowest unique value from table
Hi I'm looking for some SQL to get the lowest unique value in a table: eg, <table> ID BID 1 1 2 1 3 1 4 2 5 2 6 2 7 3 8 4 3 is the lowest unique value. I would need to return the ID. Any suggestions? thanks Lee "Lee" <lee@digital-interactive.com> wrote in message news:a981d263-7f22-4b14-8493-014559da8590@z41g2000yqz.googlegroups.com... > Hi > I'm looking for some SQL to get the lowest unique value in a table: > eg, > > <table> > > ID BID > 1 1 > 2 1 > 3 1 > 4 2 > 5 2 > 6 2 ...

valid FirstName value
Hello everyone, Anyone know how to search for a valid FirstName in a field? eg.: Himansu Rich Anna Tom .... I don't want junk like this: AA, 0, "Himansu" 'Rich' Any assisatance will be greatly appreciated. Have a nice evening. Thanks, Himansu How about "Gert-Jan"? //Peter "Himansu" <himansu114@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u3#lXzwZKHA.6028@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > Anyone know how to search for a valid FirstName in a field? > > eg.: > Himansu > Rich ...

Default Public View has records but columns are blank
A custom entity has a default list view but the entries in the list do not show any values. There are a number of lines in the list with an icon only. If I try to delete one the message says select an entry before attempting operation. I cannot select the lijne either. Have created many views before and never seen this. Other views are ok? Hi Steve, Try publishing the entity and see if this resolves the problem. HTH, Niths "Steve" wrote: > A custom entity has a default list view but the entries in the list do not > show any values. There are a number of lines in the...

adding values of cells
I am trying to use a formula or function that will look at a cells say column A check for a condition, if true, then add the value of another cell that is on the same row to another cell. Yes I know that may be difficult to understand so let me give you an example. A B C D 1 2 dvd 25.23 3 cd 12.25 4 dvd 25.23 5 cd 12.25 6 bat 19.25 ok so what i want to do is look at column A, and look for any cells that have dvd and add the corresponding value from column D to cell B1. So in this case we can see the cell A2 and cell A4 is dvd so I want to add cells D2 and D4 and that...

Originating Values
I have been workign with GP for a while, but am, not really clear on the difference between Originating Price and Price, Originating Cost and Cost, etc. Can anyone clue me in, I haven't been able to find a good explanation. Thanks Chris I believe this has to do with Multicurrency. 'Originating' is the originating currency. If you are not using Multicurrency the Originating field will be the same as the other field. If your making any changes to the windows using Modifier be careful because these two fields are 'stacked' on top of one another. "Chris Hornun...

Copying Specific Values From Sheet
Hi. Is there a way to copy specific rows from 1 sheet to another? For instance I have a workbook containing 4 tabs. These are labeled "raw data", "Sheet A"," Sheet B", and "Sheet C". On the "raw data" sheet there are 3 columns. One of the columns is titled "Project". In there the values are A, B, C or D (and maybe E someday). I would like to say "if the "Project" column contains and "A" copy everything on that row to "sheet A". Basically I want to take all t he information that has a proje...

Sorting Alpha-Numeric Values
I would like to sort data that have aplha numeric values. When I use the sort command, the numbers wind up getting sorted by place values instead of the actual value of the number, kind of like alphabeticaly except with numbers instead of letters. For instance, I would like to these numbers sorted like this: 17A 36B 265F 1492C 1609A Instead, Excel sorts them like this: 1492C 1609A 17A 265F 36B It appears that the suffixed alpha characters alter the way the numbers would normally be sorted. Any ideas how I can sort them more logically/numericaly? Thanks! Larry ...

converting checkboxes to a text value
I have an existing database that employs checkboxes. I'd like to create a report that displays those boxes as "yes/no" text values, so that I can export them to an .rtf format, and have them actually show up. I'm a novice, so any help is greatly appreciated. The purpose of this is to be able to email specific pages of the report. I'm also open to other ideas for making this possible, if I'm going about this the wrong way. Thanks in advance. Charitycase wrote: > I have an existing database that employs checkboxes. I'd like to > create a report that...

Repeat values in column A a certain number of times depending on the value in column B
Imagine a set of data as set out below: Column A Column B Apples 24 Pears 36 Oranges 8 I want to poplulate a column (for exampel column A on a new sheet), where the values in column A will be repeated as many times as the value in column B Thus the first 24 rows will say Apples, the next 36 rows will Pears, Oranges. I need a formula that recogonizes that when it gets to row 25 that it should no longer need to copy Apples, but then switch to pears. This might sound like an unusual request but if I can grasp a way to do this I can create the table I need and populate the rest...

different colors for x-Value axis
I want to use different colors for X-Values in X-axis of a chart. Is it possible? Example I-1, I-2 black II-1, II-2, II-3 grey III-1, III-2 red IV pink V-1, V-2, V-3 green -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan The best solution is that, Excel brings the formatting of x-axis value from source cell. -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan "Khoshravan" wrote: > I want to use different colors for X-Values in X-axis of a chart. Is it > possible? > Example > I-1, I-2 black > II-1, II-2, II-3 grey > III-1, III-2 red > IV pink >...

Conditional Max value
Hi, i have 2 columns and i'm trying to calculate the conditonal maximum from column one. These are the columns : 47 7 44 7 71 7 58 7 214 4 22 4 54 7 1 7 45 7 21 7 and i try to find a formula that gives the maximum in column one, where column 2 has value 7 in this case this would be 58 Marc Marc, Use the following array formula: =MAX(IF(B1:B10=7,A1:A10,FALSE)) Change the range references to match your data. This is an array formula, so you must press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER rather than just ENTER when you first enter the for...

Seeking an alternative to blank ("") cell in IF arguments
I usually find it convenient to use "" in formulas such as the following: =IF(B12>0,B12/C4,"") The problem of course is that an error will be returned if the cell left blank with "" is used in subsequent calculations. Is there an alternative to using zero instead of "" that still makes it obvious that the cell is intentionally left unpopulated but that does not result in #VALUE# errors? KG wrote: > I usually find it convenient to use "" in formulas such as the following: > > =IF(B12>0,B12/C4,"") > > The pr...

Error Msg: Parameters values not valid
When I attempt to drag an e-mail message to the outlook bar task folder to create a task I get an error message: "Could not complete operation. One or more parameter values are not valid". The denied funtionality is useful shortcut. Any ideas why I have lost this shortcut to create tasks? Thank you for any suggestions - Dee Can you create new, blank Task items in your Tasks folder? Try opening your Tasks folder and selecting Save Task Order from the Actions menu. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www....

a2=a1-32 how do i hide -32 until I have a value in a4
the box a2 contains the formula =a1-32. how can i get rid of -32 that is shown in all the boxes the formula applies to a2 down to k2 thanx I think you have columns and rows mixed up. You cannot have A2 "down to" K2 Across...........yes............down..........no. My best guess to enter in A2 =IF(A1="","",A1-32) Copy across to K2 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:13:02 -0700, jackdaw999 <jackdaw999@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >the box a2 contains the formula =a1-32. how can i get rid of -32 that is >shown in all the b...