Utility to change location of linked tables?

Is there a utility available which will quickly and easily modify the
location of linked tables?   In other words, the problem I want to solve is
to use the same application on different sets of data on the same computer.
I don't want to move the tables around.  I want to look at the same tables
names but in different folders on my computer, depending on what the user
chooses.

e.g., You can choose Class 1 or Class 2 or Class 3, and the application
would look at c:\Class1\Students.mdb or c:\Class2\Students.mdb  or
c:\class3\Students.mdb

0
FakeMail (99)

SORRY!  Accidentally posted to the wrong newsgroup.

"Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a utility available which will quickly and easily modify the
> location of linked tables?   In other words, the problem I want to solve
> is to use the same application on different sets of data on the same
> computer. I don't want to move the tables around.  I want to look at the
> same tables names but in different folders on my computer, depending on
> what the user chooses.
>
> e.g., You can choose Class 1 or Class 2 or Class 3, and the application
> would look at c:\Class1\Students.mdb or c:\Class2\Students.mdb  or
> c:\class3\Students.mdb

0
FakeMail (99)

sentence format changes in email
Trying to help a friend who receives email that was sent in a list format with tabs to 2nd, 3rd, or 4th columns, but when opened, the email message changes format and all info line up on left side of page. Any ideas why this happens? Sorry, I don't know much about how the sender formats his mail. Also, the receiver can read mail either on a PC or Blackberry. Not sure if that makes a differece. Thanks, ...

How to Change Target Fields on Import
Hello, Can somebody help me, please. I am trying to import "leads" on CRM 3.0 but there are only 3 fields available and that is "Company Name", "Last Name" and "Topic". Is there any way to customize it based on our company's need. I want to change it to "Last Name","First Name", ... etc. Thanks. Please disregard this... my mistake. I already figured it out! "Maureen Millonado" wrote: > Hello, > > Can somebody help me, please. I am trying to import "leads" on CRM 3.0 > but there ...

[ANN] Create a TinyURL-no more broken links
Part 4 in the series AppleScripting Entourage: "Create a TinyURL-no more broken links" describes how to use an AppleScript to automate the process of creating a TinyURL as well as an alternative to running AppleScripts in Entourage with TypeIt4Me and TextExpander. If you're not familiar with a TinyURL, it's an online service that converts long URLs into short ones more appropriate to share in email. It's especially helpful sending out long links.Long links that are notorious for breaking. A TinyURL will not break in email postings and never expires. Create a TinyURL-no...

Pivot table export data to table format
I have a pivot table with the row heading listed once for multiple crosstab line items. I need to use this data for a report that will list the row heading on each row for each cross tab line item. Is this possible? I have tried everything... nothing seems to work. You can't get the heading labels to repeat in the pivot table. You could copy the pivot table, and paste as values on a different sheet in the workbook. Then, fill the blank cells, and format the copy of the pivot table. There are instructions here for filling in the blank cells: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntr...

Importing Outlook emails into an Access table
I know that I can import data from my Outlook inbox by going to File -> Get External Data -> Import -> Select Files Of Type Outlook() etc... using the wizard but can this be done systemically via VBA code similarly to transfer text. I actually need to import data from a group account at work. I have searched hi and low through the Newsgroups and web and have found nothing. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks to all in advance, Markco NEWSGROUPS wrote: > I know that I can import data from my Outlook inbox by going to File -> Get > External Data -> Import -...

important day today utilities of EXCEL
sir i want to know about practical utilities of excel.ialso want to know about automising specific tasks in school environment such as attendance,pupil's report. "wajeed" <wajeedcka@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:04cb01c53f66$4cfb7850$a601280a@phx.gbl... > sir > i want to know about practical utilities of excel.ialso > want to know about automising specific tasks in school > environment such as attendance,pupil's report. Here's a link where you can find templates for classroom management http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT063457401...

linking text
I would like to link the entries in the table of context to their respective pages. In other words, one could click on the article they'd like to read and it will bring them right to that page. Is that possible in Publisher without making separate text boxes for each item in the TOC? I'd appreciate any ideas! Thanks! Shannon ...

Is it bad to terminate Check Links on started???
Is it a bad idea to terminate Check Links once it has started by doing a "hard-close" of Great Plains by Task Manager (Ctrl Alt Delete)?? From the Process Monitor in GP, I am able to "Suspend" or Pause the Checklinks Process, but I am note able to "Remove" or delete it. I'd already started the checklinks process but without doing a database backup first, so I want to be on safe side and stop the Checklinks Process. The only way I could think of is to "hard-close" out of GP. But is a bad idea to terminate a checklinks this way? Can this lead to...

OLE Notes question
In OLE notes, is there any way to force the users to only allow links to be attached and not the entire document itself. No, there aren't any settings for this. patrick mbs dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "KT" <KT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A86E162F-7FB5-4708-9D93-F6E7CBB5AB29@microsoft.com... > In OLE notes, is there any way to force the users to only allow links to > be > attached and not the entire document itself. ...

how to change color of font or background on listbox
Hello! how to change color of font or background in listbox? I want change some selected items (no all). I finding the simplest way to do this (method step by step) or any example... I think that I have to use 'owner draw' option but I don't know what to do later... You will have to use owner draw listbox for that. Here are some examples. http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/xlistbox.asp http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/listboxch.asp AliR. "Cactus" <cactusek@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1163632292.889083.298400@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > > He...

Report Writer
I want to add a table (HR_EMPLOYEE_EXTRA) to the HR Employee Emergency Contact report. Can this be done? I looked but could not find a way to do it through Report Writer. I'm sure there must be a way but it'll take some more looking. It would be much easier to build a report using SmartList Builder or a different report writer. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Bob Harrison" wrote: > I want to add a table (HR_EMPLOYEE_EXTRA) to the HR Employee Emergency > Contact report. Can this be done? ------=_NextPart_0001_8D212269 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Enco...

Price List change the price element alone (CRM 4.0 Spanish)
When I add a product to the price list, I specified the price of it. Then I click under the SAVE option, and it change alone from 100.00 € to 1.000.000.00€. I am not using Discount Lists, and The Unit measurement is 1 quantity. We are working with Euro divisa. I upgraded from CRM 3 to 4 using the spanish version. Any idea about why it is failing? Check your number format in "Workspace" check the "Format-Tab" there the numberformat might be wrong (dots and commas) so it is for german (germany) not for german (austria). so wie fond another language which wasn't test...

Changing the order of SEND/RECIEVE
Hello, I have outlook 2002 set up in a corporate environment with an E2k server. When I work offline, and I want to send/recieve, it is first recieving my email that is on the server and then it is sending my email that is in my ost file. Is there any way that I can reverse this order? I know that I can manually syn my outbox and then my inbox, but I would like to auto mate this. I have set up a seperate send/recieve group and have tried to modify it there, but I am still recieving before sending. Am I missing anything? I was told that this is the way outlook works, and would not be able to c...

Create Checkbox and link to relative Cell
Hi, I have a script that I am using that creates a checkbox in a range but am having problems trying to create this for the relative cell and linking this to a relative row cell, i.e. if the current cell is R16 create a checkbox and link the value to S16. Sub CellCheckbox() Range("R15").Offset(1, 0).Select For i = 1 To 50 'add the checkbox ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes.Add(646.5, 203.25, 24, 17.25).Select ActiveSheet.Shapes("Check Box 1212").Select Selection.Characters.Text = "" With S...

Pivot table calculated field
I am using a Pivot table to get the total amount of orders to customer from a database. I have built the pivot table with a calculated field since the total amount for each order is missing in the database. The calculated field = no of products * price per product For each specific order Excel calculates the row correct. For the total of each customer and for the pivot table Grand total i seems as Excel is calculating like this: (sum of all prices) * (sum of all numbers of products) = Total pe customer (& Grand total) Is there a way to change the way Excel calculates the totals? If ...

PLS help:The MS outlook data location
HI, I have done this greate job and had my Win XP crashed. Now I do not have access to my e-mails and do not have a back up. Is there anything I could do to restore my e-mails through my new instance of win XP? I am really frustrated. Pls help... rgds, eqbal No i didn't. But after searching all my hard drive I found the file. tnx anyway. "Patrick Reed [MVP - Outlook]" <patrickareed@mchsi.com> wrote in message news:OY4Mm2fVDHA.3088@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Did you wipe out the hard drive when you reinstalled WIndows XP? If so, > there isn't anything you can...

locking data values from links
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am working on a spreadsheet with links. A value is placed in the master sheet and is then linked back into the sub sheet. Everytime a value is placed in master sheet, the sub sheet is updated. However, Im trying to put a new column in the sub sheet, and make the master sheet update this new column. However I want the old column to have the last updated data before the new column was put in. How do i do this? and does anyone have ne VB codes to achieve this? -- ashcrusher ------------------------------------...

Dynamic link library
I got this message (BELOW) and can't solve the problem. Help please!! Ordinal 481 not found in dynamic library iertutil.dll On 16 Apr 2010, "Yamajasti" <u59421@uwe> wrote in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general: > I got this message (BELOW) and can't solve the problem. Help > please!! > > Ordinal 481 not found in dynamic library iertutil.dll First of all, please learn to supply enough information to thoroughly describe your problem and give people some clues about what's going on. Read this: http://support.microsoft.com/k...

Language changes
I'm getting very frustrated when I'm just typing along and the "I'm" becomes "Ièm"...anyone know why this happens and an easy fix for itÉ...see now I canèt type the right way again... Either your (laptop?) computer has a built-in "international" keyboard, and there's a button somewhere to press to toggle back to US standard; or you inadvertently switched to a different software keyboard in Windows, likely by pressing LeftAlt-Shift. You can toggle/ cycle through those keyboards by pressing LeftAlt/Shift; or you can perman...

Access Excel Linked Text and Number Issues
Question for Access and Excel XP (2002). I have linked an Excel Spreadsheet (Database) to Access for updating and other special Access functions. The Excel data contains a unique identifier (Key field) call Serial Numbers (SN) that contains 13 characters. Some SN contain numbers only, while other SN’s contain numbers and one letter i.e; 99923J143567. When linking the data together Excel identifies the SN’d item as GENERAL, while Access pulls the information in as TEXT. Access then adds a hash mark (‘) to the beginning of each SN containing digits only (no letters) i.e; ‘99923J14346...

Protecting Formulas in Tables
In Excel 2007 I have a formatted table, 10 columns wide, in which 5 of the columns have formulas. There is a nice feature in Excel 2007 that allows me to type a value in a cell which is directly beneath the table and the table then expands to “consume” that value and automatically fills the remaining columns in the table with, where appropriate, the formulas. I want to protect the table so that the formulas are not inadvertently overwritten AND take advantage of this feature. However, if I lock and hide the cells, then Protect the worksheet, this feature is disabled. Ca...

clicking www links problem
If I click a hyperlink starting with www. in Outlook on my PC (using Vista SP1, IE8) it normally (not always) opens a new window in IE8 and my (Alt+M) home page, and not the page link I clicked on! It a link starts http://www. then it loads fine Any idea why this is please? Thanks Did you reset the web settings in IE's tools, internet options, advanced? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

Text boxes-tables using whole page
I dont even know if I can describe this. I have a word document that when viewed in print layout seperates the text boxes 1 per page. The first text box is for say a persons name and below that another box for say age.. Another box below that is for comments by the way these boxes expand as needed as more comments are added. And the last box is for reviewer and signature etc... So basically 4 input boxes printing on 4 pages when it should be 2. Interesting is the doc prints fine in portrait but needs to be in landscape and hence the formatting gets lost. I have tried to correc...

How to change the color of Progress Bar
I want to change the color of progress bar. how to change? I know API function for change color of progress bar. But I don't know How to change in MFC. There is no MFC method to do this explicitly; you have to do a SendMessage of the PBM_SETBARCOLOR or PBM_SETBACKCOLOR message. joe On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 21:11:33 -0700, "MangChi" <cybeagle@dreamx.net> wrote: >I want to change the color of progress bar. >how to change? I know API function for change color of >progress bar. But I don't know How to change in MFC. Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer...

Change #N/A to blank
Is there a quick formular that I can change the #n/a (the result of vlookup) into blank, so I can do the calculations? Thanks! Try this ... =if(iserror(your_vlookup_formula),"",(your_vlookup_formula)) Eileen wrote: > *Is there a quick formular that I can change the #n/a (the > result of vlookup) into blank, so I can do the > calculations? > > Thanks! * --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could use an IF statement combined with ISERROR... ie. say your formula currently looks like this: =VLOOKUP(1,A2:C10,2) Change it to: =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP...