Using Worksheets #2

I have created a database of names and associated information. Names are
located in A1 thru A500 and sorted alphabetically.  Corresponding data is
contained in B thru I for each name. Now I would like to break up the list
so that A-K is on worksheet1, L-S on worksheet2 and the remaining T thru Z
on the worksheet3.  What would be the best method of copying the information
and then be able to add or delete names and data, and have it propagated
into the correct sheet alphabetically?
Thank you in advance.

CS

0
flyer1 (2)

Hi!

What is the format of the names column?

Last_name, First._name

There may be better ways to do this but I think this is fairly easy to do
with formulas. It's easy but somewhat "involved". Others may recommend pivot
tables but they're not automatically dynamic.

If you're interested let me know and I'll put together a sample file.
(tomorrow, it's getting late where I am).

Biff

"CS" <flyer@theriver.com> wrote in message
>I have created a database of names and associated information. Names are
> located in A1 thru A500 and sorted alphabetically.  Corresponding data is
> contained in B thru I for each name. Now I would like to break up the list
> so that A-K is on worksheet1, L-S on worksheet2 and the remaining T thru Z
> on the worksheet3.  What would be the best method of copying the
> information
> and then be able to add or delete names and data, and have it propagated
> into the correct sheet alphabetically?
> Thank you in advance.
>
> CS

0
biffinpitt (3172)
2/23/2006 7:07:38 AM
(A1)Last Name  (B1) First Name  (C1) Address  >>etc etc ..(H1)
Any suggestions appreciated.

CS

"Biff" <biffinpitt@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> What is the format of the names column?
>
> Last_name, First._name
>
> There may be better ways to do this but I think this is fairly easy to do
> with formulas. It's easy but somewhat "involved". Others may recommend
pivot
> tables but they're not automatically dynamic.
>
> If you're interested let me know and I'll put together a sample file.
> (tomorrow, it's getting late where I am).
>
> Biff
>
> "CS" <flyer@theriver.com> wrote in message
> >I have created a database of names and associated information. Names are
> > located in A1 thru A500 and sorted alphabetically.  Corresponding data
is
> > contained in B thru I for each name. Now I would like to break up the
list
> > so that A-K is on worksheet1, L-S on worksheet2 and the remaining T thru
> > on the worksheet3.  What would be the best method of copying the
> > information
> > and then be able to add or delete names and data, and have it propagated
> > into the correct sheet alphabetically?
> > Thank you in advance.
> >
> > CS

0
flyer1 (2)
2/24/2006 10:49:18 AM
Here's a sample file:

http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=198P3A0P5G9MX2DMX2DZMSMWXB

Read the notes!

> (A1)Last Name  (B1) First Name  (C1) Address  >>etc etc ..(H1)
> Any suggestions appreciated.
>
> CS
>
> "Biff" <biffinpitt@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Hi!
>>
>> What is the format of the names column?
>>
>> Last_name, First._name
>>
>> There may be better ways to do this but I think this is fairly easy to do
>> with formulas. It's easy but somewhat "involved". Others may recommend
> pivot
>> tables but they're not automatically dynamic.
>>
>> If you're interested let me know and I'll put together a sample file.
>> (tomorrow, it's getting late where I am).
>>
>> Biff
>>
>> "CS" <flyer@theriver.com> wrote in message
>> >I have created a database of names and associated information. Names are
>> > located in A1 thru A500 and sorted alphabetically.  Corresponding data
> is
>> > contained in B thru I for each name. Now I would like to break up the
> list
>> > so that A-K is on worksheet1, L-S on worksheet2 and the remaining T
>> > thru
>> > on the worksheet3.  What would be the best method of copying the
>> > information
>> > and then be able to add or delete names and data, and have it
>> > propagated
>> > into the correct sheet alphabetically?
>> > Thank you in advance.
>> >
>> > CS

0
biffinpitt (3172)

Converting to PDF #2
I lose my hyperlinks to email addresses when I convert from Publisher 2002 to a .PDF in Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional. Do I need to upgrade to Publisher 2003 or can this be fixed? While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Banks <Banks@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I lose my hyperlinks to email addresses when I convert from Publisher > 2002 to a .PDF in Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional. Publisher sends printable information to the printer driver. As you cannot click a hyperlink on a printed piece of paper, Publisher doesn&#...

Problems with public folders #2
I am having two problems which may or may not be related. 1) In System Manager when I try to view or work with the public folder tree, I get the following error "The token supplied to the function is invalid", ID no:80090308. I cannot see any public folders or manage them at all after that. 2) Whenever anyone clicks on send/receive in outlook 2003, they get the following error "Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F):'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'" Does anyone have an idea of what the problem is for either...

How to use outlook address in Excel
Hello, I have an Excel sheet which I use as an invoicing-application. I would like to retrieve address-data from Outlook where I keep all my contact-data of my customers. So, I want to select a customer from my Outlook contactlist when I am writing a new invoice in Excel. In Word, I have a macro which does this, but unfortunately the Application.GetAddress does not work in Excel. Can somebody help me ? "Henny Slokker" wrote: > Hello, > > I have an Excel sheet which I use as an invoicing-application. I would like > to retrieve address-data from Outlook where I...

How do I add vertical lines to separate columns in Outlook 2003 #2
In Outlook 2000, all columns were separated by a gray vertical line. I can't seem to set this up in Outlook 2003. Any help would be appreciated ARe you using Word as the message editor? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, mschwartz asked: | In Outlook 2000, all columns were separated by a gray | vertical line. I can't seem to set this up in O...

IE8 uses 95+% of cpu after update to sp3
I just updated to XP sp3 and did updates after that and IE8 is running so slow. I loaded task manager to see what was happening and IE8 was using up to 99%. My system was a slow XP sp2 but did a disk clean and defrag and it was running a lot faster. Apps load and run faster after sp3 but not IE8. Thanks for any suggestions mx5 wrote: > I just updated to XP sp3 and did updates after that and IE8 is > running so slow. I loaded task manager to see what was happening > and IE8 was using up to 99%. > > My system was a slow XP sp2 but did a disk clean and defrag and...

Swedish characters in the Display name #2
I have a problem with Swedish characters in the senders' names on outgoing e-mail. Previously we have formatted the display names like: Last name, First name This is causing problems for some external recipients, since their e-mail program reads this as two addresses (Last name as one name and First name as another) I tried changing the display name for one user to "First name Last name" instead, but then the Swedish characters are not shown when he/she sends an external e-mail. Example: "Åke Jönsson" becomes "Ake Jonsson" or "Åsa H...

Print 2 receipts when selling item with rebate?
Is there any way to program rms to print multiple receipts on particullar items, for example I sell an automatic pool cleaner that has two differant mail in rebates and we always supply the customer with duplicate receipts Victor Out of the box, no. The easiest way is to train cashiers to use the Reprint function when they need a second copy. The other option is to configure the receipts to print 2 copies every time, but that's probably a waste of paper. I'm pretty sure this could be accomplished as a customization using the HTML status bar and QSBridge, but you would need a ...

Consolidation Worksheet Data Sequence
I'm consolidating 3 worksheets into one by using Excel 2007 data consolidation. The worksheets have a product number in column A and sales figures in columns B, C & D for Jan, Feb and Mar. The worksheets are in product number sequence. Not all product numbers appear on each sheet, so I consolidate by category using "labels in left column" and "create links to source data" to create a consolidation sheet in outline form. The problem is the consolidated worksheet is not in product number sequence as I need it to be. I have books on Excel 2007 and Excel 2003 and their ...

2007 Schema Prep #2
I extended my AD last night for 2007 and have a few questions to verify it was successful: I have a root domain (domain.local) that houses my schema master and a child domain (domain.net) that has Exchange 2003. I ran setup /prepareAD then ran setup /preparedomain: domain.net and both said they completed successfully. However, I was expecting to see the new OU (Microsoft Exchange Security Groups) in my child domain. It is present in my root domain. Is that all correct? In my child domain I now have a new global security group call Exchange Install Domain Servers. Last thing, the D...

Formula query #2
I am trying to identify a formula which will add and then display th number of times a number appears in a range. For example, the range looks like this .......A...........B............C 1...1110......1110.......1114 2...1110..... 1111.......1111 3...1111......1112.......1110 4...1111......1113.......1111 The numbers which appear in the applicable range e.g. 1110, could b any number between 1110 and 9999 and as such I cannot simply predefin which number to look for. I am hoping the output could like as follows: .......A........B 1....1110....4 2....1111....5 3....1112....1 4.....

if formula #2
i have this formula in a cell D3 =IF(A1="F",B1&B2) how can i make it multiple for example i want to add this IF(a2="G",B1&B3) in D3 also. thanks Either - =IF(AND(A1="F",A2="G"),B1&B3,) =IF(OR(A1="F",A2="G"),B1&B3,) Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions "jaypee" <jaypee2cool@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O3NhGKIhGHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >i have this formula in a cell D3 =IF(A1="F",B1&B2) > how can i make it multiple for example i want to add this IF(a2="G&q...

VB: using a string to set a range object?
I'm a bit new to the excel "range" object type. I was suprised to see that while I can do: dim chunk as Range chunk = .Range(A5:B6) I apparently cannot do: dim chunk as Range dim stuff as string string = "A5:B6" chunk= .Range(string) How can I concatenate up a string describing a range, and then use it to define a range object's target cells? - Ross. Oops, I meant chunk = .Range("A5:B6") in the first example - I forgot the quotes. R. "RGK" <nothanks@nospam.go> wrote in message news:RqydnSWzbu_OEZbeRVn-2A@...

How to use CSplitterWnd for Dynamic Nested Splitter window?
Using VC++ (.NET) I am trying to implement a Dynamic Nested Splitter window using CSplitterWnd. I haven't found any documentation that explains how to get this to work properly and the only examples I have found also do not work properly. There are plenty of examples of Static Nested Splitter windows, but I need an example of a Dynamic one. The static splitter windows won't work for my requirements. Are there any examples or documentation that explains how to properly implement a Dynamic Nested Splitter Window using CSplitterWnd? Thanks, Dave Hi Dave, > Using VC++ (.NE...

Reminder is not work in default folder #2
I used as follow coding to send email to outlook client(outlook 2000): ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''=AD'''''''''''''''' Dim ll As New CDO.Message Dim bb As New CDO.Configuration bb.Fields(cdoSMTPServer) =3D "nc80012" bb.Fields(cdoSendUsingMethod) =3D cdoSendUsingPort bb.Fields.Update Set ll.Configuration =3D bb ll.Fields.Append "urn:schemas:mailheader:x-mess=ADage-flag", adBSTR _ ...

POP3 & IMAP4 services #2
Hi there, I got problems on starting POP3 & IMAP4 services. Recently they cannot be start after my exchange server restarts. At the beginning, POP3 cannot be start automatically, later it's IMAP4. After I can start them manually after the server has been completely started, I check event viewer, I found the server did try to start IMAP4, but got error "An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Service: server instance number 1 failed to start with error 0x80040a01." At the same time, an event also there, "Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Service (Build...

ScreenUpdating just a range of cells instead of entire worksheet
I am doing a lot of calculations on a spreadsheet and was wondering if it is possible to do screenupdating only to a certain section of the spreadsheet to show the progress of the calculations? thx No, screen updating is an application-wide setting, all or nothing. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com <scottzuehl@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1140292494.504056.216680@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am doing a lot of calculations on a spreadsheet and was >wondering if > it is possible to do screenupdati...

2 accounts being sent under one address
I currently have two accounts in my Outlook 2000. xxx@provider.net & PPP@provider.net. The PPP@provider.net is the primary account. When sending an email from the xxx@provider.net, it still shows as the PPP@provider.net address, so in turn I get any replies to the xxx@provider.net back to the PPP@provider.net. Is there any way to make the reply address or the address of sender shown to the xxx@provider.net account? You said you had 2 accounts. You then listed 2 email addresses. Those are not the same thing. Clarify your post. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jeepstr9" ...

Compare 2 Worksheets Create a 3rd depending on results
I have a unique problem that none of the other posts or shareware seems to solve. I have 2 worksheets (orig.xls and new.xls) that are 15 columns wide (to the "O"). The data is just numbers but the second column either has the words: "new" or "cancel" which is important as you will see. I need to compare the two worksheets and create a third worksheet (update.xls) depending on the three possible results: 1) If a row is removed in the new.xls file = copy the row from the orig.xls file and make the 2nd column "Cancel" 2) If a row is added to the new.xls...

Printing Externally #2
That works great...except it word brings up a message box stating tha Word is currently printing, if you exit, you will cancel you print.....and if i click no, so i dont close word, it still doesnt wan to print...any suggestions???Thank -- tess45 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tess457's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1393 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26662 There's a setting in MSWord that allows you to do background printing. I've turned this off--so Word do...

money 03 same funds in 2 accounts
I have 1 tax defered account and 1 non-tax defered account. They both have the same mutual fund in them. Money won't let me use the same symbol twice for 2 accounts. Any thoughts ? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=59. "Fruehauf2000" <fruehauf2000@aol.com> wrote in message news:20041201213351.11419.00001421@mb-m29.aol.com... >I have 1 tax defered account and 1 non-tax defered account. They both have >the > same mutual fund in them. Money won't let me use the same symbol twice for > 2 > accounts. Any thoughts ? ...

OT: Trend Micro WFBS SP2 beta starting 2/15/10
Anyone interested in helping to improve the WFBS product should join the beta...and all future ones. https://www.trendbeta.com/index.php?get=356&content=554 Gregg Hill -- Gregg's pet peeves: First of all, what does a peeve look like, and why would anyone want one as a pet? Peeve #1: Apostrophes: when in doubt, leave them out! You will be correct more often than not. Its = Belonging to it. For example, "Look at the sky. Its color is blue." It's = It is. For example, "It's hot today." It's = It has. For example, "It's b...

Coding Convention for using Binary FlagWords?
Hi all --- I'm thinking of putting the .Tag property to use by using a binary ("bitwise") encoded flag word. Over time I've come across different possible uses for .Tag but have never standardized how I use it. Has someone developed a convention for "parsing" binary flag words? A simple IF works if I only need to test for one flag, but if I need to check for the presence of multiple bits the only construct that comes to mind is a series of IF statements .... something along the lines of: Enum FlagWord FlagA = 1 FlagB = 2 FlagC = 4 .......

Using Outlook client for CRM 3.0 in a remote office
I need to set up access to the corporate CRM from several remote offices. All of them have VPN connections (Windows or Checkpoint). What are the steps required to configure remote clients to be able to use CRM features in Outlook. Remote users can connect to CRM through Internet Expolorer. Thanks. Assuming they are connected, the isntallation over a VPN connection should not be any different than a typicaly installation. If the connection is slow though, the first synch & Go Offline process will be noticiably slower though. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "mkatsev"...

Front end server with mail boxes??? can it be done #2
sorry for the late post... i have 50 users "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote in news:ehG8e.8669$c93.2155@trnddc08: > sorry for the late post... i have 50 users Why? Are you going to have back-end servers? Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote: >sorry for the late post... i have 50 users No. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

using std::deque in multiple threads
I have a thread that listens on a message queue and populates a std::deque with events from that message queue, but only holds the latest 100. In my main thread, I want to populate a listbox with the information from that deque. So, it ends up being that one thread can add/remove items from the deque while another thread is trying to iterate through them. How can I make this thread-safe? Thanks, PaulH The code looks a bit like this: std::deque<MESSAGE_TYPE> m_dequeMessages; CMyClass::MessageThread() { //... while (ReadMsgQueue(hMsgQueue, &msg,...)) { m_dequeMessages.pu...