Using the returned value of a function

I am trying to have a value automatically enetered into a range of cells if
the date at the top of the column matches today's date.  I have tried using
the "Today()" and "IF" functions with no luck.

adombrowski Wrote:
> I am trying to have a value automatically enetered into a range of cell
> if
> the date at the top of the column matches today's date.  I have trie
> using
> the "Today()" and "IF" functions with no luck.

Hi adombrowski

Assuming the the date to be in cell A1, try this  =IF(A1=TODAY(),1,0)
this will return the value 1 if the date in A1 is the same as today an
zero if they are not the same. You can change these values to suit you
need

--
Paul Sheppar

Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2478
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49509

100% CPU used by SQL and HQClient
We are seeing both HQ Client and SQL tie up resources at the store servers during connection to HQ. This can slow access to the store database by registers for a long period of time. Anyone else seeing similar performance issues on store servers? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_059A_01C7B449.07A22E70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Rick, Make sure you're running 1.3 or higher. Consider more RAM and processor = speed. Maybe even dedicate a processor core to it. --=20 Regards, Jeff...

Append Query
I have a table "Rates" with the following data: StartDate: 5/15/08 End Date: 6/23/08 Rate: $53 StartDate: 6/24/08 End Date: 7/15/08 Rate: $86 StartDate: 7/16/08 EndDate: 9/19/08 Rate: $99 I have another table "Transactions". I want to create an append query such that if I supply the StartDate and EndDate, the query will populate the "Transactons" table with date and rate data from the "Rates" table for each and every day within the date range. Example: If I supply the StartDate of 6/23/08 and the EndDate of 6/25/08, the query would pop...

Excel 2007 and Word 2007 Hangs when using the File -> Open command
I have a couple users that when they have Excel 2007 or Word 2007 open, and click the File -> Open option, and choose a file, it either takes about 3 minutes to open the file or the program will crash. If they were to double click on the documents or spreadsheets, the doc or sheet will open right up. This is happening on the user's Hard drive as well as network drives. Once you get a file opened in Word or Excel, however, the next time you go to File -> Open, it's really fast to open the file. ...

Using bitmaps with CPaintDC
Is the code below the right approach to displaying bitmaps to a dialog. And is there any obvious problems with it, such as not being consistently displayed on other monitors. Also I would need to display a number of (small) bitmaps side by side on rows, and will need to add scroll functionability to this dialog. Does anyone know of the best approach to displaying these bitmaps in rows, and then adding a scroll for just a certain area of the dialog where the bitmaps are displayed. The member variables bmp and cdc are declared in the class declaration. void CDCBmpTestDlg::OnPaint() { CPain...

Multiple If True Values?
Does anyone know of a way to check for a value in two different cells, and if a certain combination of values exists, change the format of another cell? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You. Start by experimenting with Format|Conditional Formatting Then come back if more help is needed best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Lee" <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07DC594F-6045-4A81-B8B9-19F295A2AAA5@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a way to check for a value in two different cells, and &g...

IF Function Help
How do I write a command that says: =if(a1=1&b1=a number, c1/d1,"na") How do I write the "a number" part? Hi Flutie99 Try: =IF(A1=1,IF(ISNUMBER(B1)=TRUE,C1/D1,"na")) -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "Flutie99" wrote: > How do I write a command that says: > > =if(a1=1&b1=a number, c1/d1,"na") > > How do I write the "a number" part? If I am reading your post correctly you want a cell to equal C1/D1 when A1=1 and B1= some some number and for the cell to = "na" otherwise =if(and(A1=1,B1=xx),C1/D1,&...

Stored Procedure with array of values
I have the query below in a stored procedure in MS SQL 2005 server. My problem is that I would like to be able to pass in multiple questionID values. So I would like to replace A.QuestionID = @QuestionNumber with a method where I can pass in a list of question numbers. For example instead of passing in 286 I would like to pass in 286, 289, 412, and 513. The number of values passed in would vary from 1 to 15 or 20. I imagine the line A.QuestionID = @QuestionNumber would be edited to something along the lines of A.QuestionID IN ( @QuestionNumber ) SELECT Coun...

Running Access Query Returns Incorrect Number of Records
I am running some code which loops through and runs the queries in an Access Database. The count of the records is then stored in a Worksheet. For most of the queries, the figure stored in the Worksheet matches the number of records if you run the query in Access. But for certain queries, the count of the records does not match the number of records when the query is run in Access. If I change the query to a make table query and then base another query on that table, the results are correct. Can anybody suggest running the query from Excel would results in a different number of records bein...

How to configure replies when using multiple email addresses?
Good morning, Here is my problem. There are several people in our organization that receive email from two different email domains, for the sake of argument, lets call them user1@abc.com and user1@xyz.com. Email from both email domains are routed through our Exchange server and then the clients receive their email through their Outlook clients, (Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002). Abc.com is the primary email domain, and we have setup a partnership with another company, hence the arrival of the xyz.com domain. When they reply to an email, regardless if it arrives to their abc.com or xyz....

Use with Office Communicator saving Conversations (IM)
Our office just upgraded our email, and now we have Office Communicatior available. OC allows the saving of conversations to Outlook. I noticed that when a conversation is closed or saved and returned to after a time delay, there are 2 conversations in the folder. Is there a way to only have 1 conversation in the folder? or to have the seperate conversations be distinct, i.e. convo 1 at 930am and ends at 1015 is one, and another covo starts at 215-225. now i'll have a conversation saved at 1015 that has all im from 930, as well as a convo at 225 that has the 215-225 as we...

pulling cell "value"
in the cell C4 i have the formula =now() and I have that cell formatted to custom mmmm so that it displays as January. I am now trying to write some VBA code to look at cell C4 and take the January and then do a vlookup on the array that i have named months. months is the cells D14:E25 column D has a list of the months and column E has a list of numbers that corresponds to these months. This is a custom list so I can not use the standard numbers that excel uses for the months. The vlookup in vba should take the January and find the number in col E that corresponds to it th...

Problem using a report from Access2003 to Access2007
I am trying to use a database created with Access 2003 in Access 2007 but have come up with a problem. The database contains a report which produces invoices for sales between two dates. When the report is run the user is asked to input sale date From and To (this is set up in the Invoice Query), Invoice Date and Invoice Start Number - these two are set up as text boxes on the report. Invoice Date conrol source has [Enter Invoice Date] and Invoice Start Number has [Page]+[Invoice Start Number]-1. This works fine in Access 2003 and the invoices come out correctly but in 2007 invoice ...

Does anyone use "location" field in Outlook?
After all these years, I just noticed when I go to make an appointment in Outlook (2003version, with BCM), that there's a second field after "subject" which would seem to be the one everbody mostly uses. The appointment fields are: 1. SUBJECT: (example: "Conference call with Joe and Mary) 2. LOCATION: (does anyone use this?) Is the idea to put something like "Annapolis, MD" meaning maybe a meeting there or something? I know it's a hokey question, but wondered about some examples of how other people are using it. Thanks, G Standard following us...

how to define scroll bar's page size value?
Hi all, I have a confusion about calculating scroll bar's page size. In my application, I am drawing an image according to scroll bar position. m_iGeneratedImgWidth - Width size of the image (this value is always bigger) rect.right - Width of the drawing area. how to define scroll bar's page size value? SCROLLINFO info; info.cbSize = sizeof(SCROLLINFO); info.fMask = SIF_RANGE|SIF_PAGE|SIF_POS; info.nPos = 0; info.nMin = 0; info.nMax = m_iGeneratedImgWidth - rect.right; info.nPage = ? In my OnHScrollBar() function, for SB_PAGELEFT / SB_PAG...

Can I use Rule to move digitally signed messages to separate folder?
Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed messages? Thanks in advance. deko <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder > using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed > messages? I don't see that as a selection criterion in the Rules wizard. -- Brian Tillman ...

Insatantiate Generic Collection with Initial Values?
You know how you can instantiate an array of, say, strings and specify intial values at the same time with something like: string[] myStrings = new string[3] { "value1", "value2", "value3" }; Can the same type of thing be done for a List<string> object? I've done a lot of web searching but I can't find any sample code that illustrates this. Joe Cool wrote: > You know how you can instantiate an array of, say, strings and specify > intial values at the same time with something like: > > string[] myStrings = new string[3] {...

Having Tabbed UI using CFormView in an SDI project
Hey Guys I want know whether we cud implement tabbbed UI using CPropertySheet and Cproperty using CFormView or CScrollView in a SDI MFC project. If Yes how? Hope for Quick reply Pankaj It would be kinda hard to put a CView in a PropertySheet. Try these instead: http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/doc_view/tabs/article.php/c3347/ http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/doc_view/tabs/article.php/c3315/ http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/doc_view/tabs/article.php/c6107/ http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/doc_view/tabs/article.php/c3357/ http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/doc_view/tabs/article.php/c3247/ AliR. ...

Hard return in wraptext cell?
Is there a way to place a hard return(carriage return) in a cell with wrap text format so as to align text in the way user wants rather than what excel places? Thanks Mark Sure. Where you want a new line just press Alt+Enter. To remove that just place the cursor at the end of the line before the new line and press Delete Tyro "MP" <NoSpam@Thanks.com> wrote in message news:OAFfO3vVIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to place a hard return(carriage return) in a cell with wrap > text format > so as to align text in the way user wants rather than wh...

menu event functions
Sorry, I am a new bee here. I wanted to know in which class should I keep my menu OnCommand functions. Should those be in App class or frame class or view class or doc class. As you know for SDI we keep it in App class. Thank you Lee Also I wanted to add that I want this to know in case of MDI application. Thank you, Lee yang__lee@ausi.com wrote: > Sorry, > > I am a new bee here. > I wanted to know in which class should I keep my menu OnCommand > functions. > Should those be in App class or frame class or view class or doc > class. > > As you know for SDI...

Control+Z was Undo, now Shrink. How to return to enlarged view?
"Control+Z" used to be Undo, now became shortcut for Shrink. How to return to enlarged view of my email text body, pls? Thank you. Gary garyfan@hughes.net This doesn't sound like an Outlook issue...sounds like another program is hijacking the traditional Windows shortcut keys. See if you can figure out which one...likely one you installed around the time this started happening. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Gary Fan&qu...

Logo use in signature blocks
I am starting a new business and brand image is very important to us. I have heard that using company logos in signature blocks can cause outlook to crash and cause other issues. Is there any truth to this? What is your recomendation? Thanks in advance for your help! Who told you that and what was their reasoning? It all works as it should. It's just an image in a message. You can chose to save it on a web server and link to the picture instead of embedding it in the message to keep the size of the message down and make sure you don't show a paperclip icon for each of yo...

AutoFill Changing Wrong Value
I'm trying to create an analysis sheet that gathers data from 100 worksheets within the same workbook. I want the same cell reference in each sheet, but to change the sheet number in each cell. The worksheets are named 1 - 100 Here is the formula: ='1'!B3:E3 It changes the cell references only, not the worksheets. I've changed the formula to keep the cell references: ='1'!$B$3:$E$3 I now need the formula to increment the sheet number each time, PLEASE!!! Thanks, Lisa Presumably you want to sum data from that range? Try this: =3DSUM(INDIR...

How set totals of various cells with per colour fill value?
I have a sheet containing values as follows. April May June company 1 43 company 2 5 company 3 17 The cell values are also coured to indice a status. Somewhere beside the table I want to mention the totals of the cells, per status (so per colour). How to perform the latter? Thank you. Bart Excell 2003 See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html for a working solution -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

Wildcards with functions INDEX and EQUIV
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C58934.6E429850 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello everybody, In my datasheet, i'm searching values with several conditions. The = function is the following : {=3DINDEX($J$2:$J$15024;MATCH(1;($J$2:$J$15024=3DN4)*($K$2:$K$15024=3DM4)= ;0))} The results of the function are OK. I would like to now if is it = possible to add the wildcards * in the conditions. I've tried this ones = but without success : {=3DINDEX($J$2:$J$15024;EQUIV(1;($J$2...

Pivot If functions in formulas
I am trying to use the If function in the formulas area and it never works right, I only want it to sum certain records in a particular date range. I am using excell 2000. ...