Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Just tried using the mouse wheel to scroll within visual basic editor in
excel but it wont let me. How can I turn this feature on. I am using Excel
2003.

Thanks in advance.
0
fullers (1)

This is  a known problem with the latest MS mouse drivers. You
can either install version 4 of the drivers (current version is
5), or use FreeWheel, and freeware program at
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2060/freewheel.html .

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"fullers" <fullers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just tried using the mouse wheel to scroll within visual basic
> editor in
> excel but it wont let me. How can I turn this feature on. I am
> using Excel
> 2003.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
chip1 (1821)
11/7/2005 9:40:45 PM
This might only apply to Excel 2000 but I had to remove
the VBE as one of the exceptions in Control Panel, Mouse,
Wheel (tab), Advanced options (button)
   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm#settings
---
HTH,

"Chip Pearson" <chip@cpearson.com> wrote in message news:uUSbrP%234FHA.884@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> This is  a known problem with the latest MS mouse drivers. You
> can either install version 4 of the drivers (current version is
> 5), or use FreeWheel, and freeware program at
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2060/freewheel.html .
>

> --
> Cordially,
> Chip Pearson
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
> Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
> www.cpearson.com
>

> "fullers" <fullers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Just tried using the mouse wheel to scroll within visual basic
> > editor in
> > excel but it wont let me. How can I turn this feature on. I am
> > using Excel
> > 2003.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

sending mail using an alias email address
We are using Exchange Server 2007 with Outlook 2007 clients. I have several email addresses listed under my mail account on the Exchange Server for which I "receive" email. However, the server will not allow me to "send" email using any of these email addresses - as it only allows me to send using the primary address for my email account. I get a message saying "You are not allowed to send this message ... on behalf of another sender without permission to do so." What settings do I need to change on the Exchange Server so that it allows Outlook 2007 ...

using parameters
I have a form which the user selects the BlockNo. The other information that is entered in the form is : 1) NoOfRecordedTrees - RT 2)NoOfSurroundingTrees - ST When the BlockNo is entered, a query runs which picks up fertiliser rates for this Block for all sectors within that block. With RT and ST - it should do a calculation such that it uses Rate/ sector * (RT+ST) to find how much fertiliser is needed for each sector in each block. I would like to add a column to the existing query showing FertiliserAmt using these parameters. How do I specify them within the query. Thanks for your great...

Finding all queries which use a table

Re: Using alias address
Brian Tillman wrote: > Vince <vinresp*@swhome.com> wrote: > > >>We use an exchange server at work for e-mail. I have set up an alias >>that I use for receiving mail but I wanted to use the alias for >>sending all the mail as well. I was told that it cannot be done in >>exchange but I can use a POP server. > > > I don't believe that's always true. For example, I have several accounts in > Outlook where I work, all within the same profile. Only one of those > accounts, the Exchange account, uses my work address. The ot...

Can Outlook 2003 use MSN Messenger INSTEAD of Windows Messenger?
I didn't get an answer to this question last week so I'm re-posting... I recently purchased a new computer (Windows XP Home Edition w/SP2) and loaded up all of the available updates to the OS, Internet Explorer, etc. Next, I installed Office 2003 Professional. I disabled Messenger integration with Outlook 2003 as discussed in other posts here. Next I installed MSN Messenger 6.2 and it seemed to run properly as a stand-alone application. So I re-enabled Messenger integration on Outlook 2003. The next time I booted up and ran Outlook, the Messenger icon appeared in the taskbar...

INI files with VB 2003.NET
Which is the best VB newsgroup for VB.NET (.NET v1.1 in VS 2003.NET)? I'm looking for a way to do some simple serialisation of settings, possibly using a simple INI file in the application directory. Does .NET support this or should I use the registry? I like the idea of the INI file because its so simple. Can anyone point me at the class to use or perhaops an example on the web. I'm an experienced C++ and Delphi developer, but am fairly new to VB and also fairly new to .NET. Many thanks, Alain > Which is the best VB newsgroup for VB.NET (.NET v1.1 in VS...

Scroll horizontaly with mouse, create same system used to scroll .
Hi, I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down but to scroll from left to right or vice-versa, you have to use the scroll bar or arrows and it's annoying... So, am I a millionnaire yet??? Hi Frederic, > I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for > horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work > with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down b...

Middle mouse button does not always open in new tab anymore
Hi! I am experiencing the problem that when I click with the middle mouse button on a link (for example google search results) it does not always open it in a new tab anymore. In about 20% of the cases it takes over the current tab instead. The same problem is explained here in german: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.de.internetexplorer&tid=cd463718-8df6-4ee4-9e8a-9ee527837f83&cat=&lang=de&cr=DE&sloc=&p=1 But since there was no answer found so far I decided to take it to the next level (english c...

Creating Contacts For Accounts Using...

Outlook first use
Hi, when I open Outlook in a workstation for the first time, Outlook open setup and ask user to create a new profile. I have a utility to create profile automaticaly and this setup is deleting existing profile. Is it possible to Outlook don�t ask to create a new profile for the first time? Tks. Alex ...

outlook in sub-domain to set use root-domain question!!!
Dear Sir Please see below more details,(We are using special railway line between Head office in Taipei and branch office in Tao-Yuan) Head office in Taipei: aaa.com(Root domain) Dc server * 2(One of it is GC Server), Front-End Exchange 2003 *1, Back-End Exchange 2003 * 2(One is named mail1, another is named mail2 ) Branch office in Tao-Yuan: bbb.aaa.com(sub-domain) Dc Server *1(No GC Server,No Exchange Server) After using ADMT v3 Tool, when I transfer an account from root named aaa.com(ou) to bbb.aaa.com. After I ins...

MemDC & Scroll Control with Mouse Wheel
Ever since I changed to use MemDC, using the mouse wheel made my CSrollView a complete mess. The wheel mouse control was working fine with my flickering version. Then I used MemDC to get rid of flickering issue, now I am having this scrolling issue for using the middle wheel mouse button. What could be wrong? Thanks. On 12 Aug 2005 06:53:36 -0700, guxu@hotmail.com wrote: >Ever since I changed to use MemDC, using the mouse wheel made my >CSrollView a complete mess. The wheel mouse control was working fine >with my flickering version. Then I used MemDC to get rid of flickering &g...

Calculating Correlation using arrays
I have a sheet full of data for many products in chronological order. Column A is Date of manufacture Column B is time of manufacture Column C is the product Column D is a measurement from the automatic control system Column E contains occasional manual measurements for calibratio checks Up till now I have split the data out by grade and checked calibratio using pivot tables and also checked slope and offsets. After gainin exposure to all kinds of clever functions via this board I now wonde whether it would not be possible to automate these checks in some way ie on a separate sheet I list t...

Online Restore using NT Backup has no edb.chk or edb.log files
I have a single site with four servers running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4 SP6a. I am using an internal 35/70 Compaq DLT. When I back up two servers at the same time using online method, I am missing the edb.log and and edb.chk files when trying to restore the db's. Is there a known issue for this? Thanks, Jim When you make online backup, you are backing up the database content perse, the logs files will be skipped because ntbackup cannot back up open files. I recomend you to adquire a third party backup software with open files and exchange database options, like Veritas to ensu...

use excel to create PP slides?
I'm not sure if this is possible but I have a list of information in an excel table and I'd like to auto matically generate a slide for each row of data. for instance, I have a list of products and each product is on it's own row with 6 product features in the following columns. How can I take that info from excel and create a features slide for each product using the information from the following columns. I don't mind cutting and pasting the list - it doesn't have to be fully automatic but as I have over 1000 products I desperately don't want to reype ...

Right click mouse no menu
Outlook 2003, Windows XP, SP2. Since a while (context unknown) when I right-click an email in a folder the menu that normally pops up (with options like open, mark as read, delete, etc.). This Menu doesn't come up any more. On a another Laptop and on a Desktop (same revision level) it works.I did a repair of office. No luck. Looks like this is a know problem (you can search forum for occurence of "right") but no solution provided yet. Any suggestions, solutions? Thanks If you close and reopen Outlook, does it work again? How about after a reboot of Windows? --� Milly...

Using BGInfo Command Line Parameters
I've read the Help file in BGInfo - but can't figure out how to use Command Line Parameters. When I click on my startup icon, I would like to invoke certain parameters. The line I came up with is: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo\Bginfo.exe /timer:99 /popup /taskbar /rtf:C:\DATA\BGINFO /nolicprompt" Obviously, this is wrong. My Target line reads: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo\Bginfo.exe" My Start in line reads: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo" Please help me by telling me what, exactly, should go in each line. I would also like t...

Creating and pasting using VB
I need to create an email and paste a current selection in microsoft excel using visual basic. I have just started to work on this so I don't know what all I have to include. If I need mapi add-ins or anything else added please let me know. I already have the sub routines set to copy the data that I need out of excel but now I need to email this data automattically. Any help would be very helpful. Thanks, Matt ...

Use Your Brain
All, Here is an example of what extreme boredom can do to a person. Excel 2002 / Window XP :D Have fun. Attachment filename: use your brain.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=386422 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Ken, Very cute. You must have a lot of free time on your hands. John "Pyball" <Pyball.ynt5z@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Pyball.ynt5z@excelforum-nospam.com... > All, > > Here is an example of what extreme boredom can do to a person. > > Excel 2002 ...

Can Entourage be used to access Google Groups
I am in the process of switching from PC to Mac. In Entourage, I see this news server. Can I get some of my newsgroups in Google Groups to show on Entourage or Mac Mail? Responses off group will be welcome if I have asked something everyone except me knows. Thanks, Michael Plog On 1/31/10 3:25 PM, Michael Plog wrote: > I am in the process of switching from PC to Mac. In Entourage, I see this > news server. Can I get some of my newsgroups in Google Groups to show on > Entourage or Mac Mail? > > Responses off group will be welcome if I have asked something e...

Publish A Workbook Onto The Web, Then Access Using My Web Browser.
How do I access my spreadsheet, or workbook, on the web once I've saved it as a webpage from the file menu? I've found that even though I've save my workbook as a webpage, it does not have an http:// address which I can type in my web browser to access the workbook from my home computer or from a remote computer. Should I have to sign up with an http:// service provider or can this all be done from using Microsoft Office XP without going through a third-party? -- sigmad You have to have a website first of all, otherwise, where do you want to host this page? "sigmad&q...

Error Message using Personal Folders Back-up
I recently downloaded and installed the Personal Folders Back-Up program into my Outlook 2000. I have it set to back up my Personal folder to a Zip drive when I exit Outlook. When the I exit the program I keep getting the following message "Cannot copy outlook: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file." What do I need to do to get this to work properly? I would like to be able to back up my Personal folder without exporting each subfolder to the zip drive individually. I also tried backing up to other locations with the sam...

Using old templates from Publisher 97
Hi, A few years ago I used Publisher 97 and created a Raffle Ticket and also an event ticket using Mail Merge to automatically number the tickets from an Excel Document I made. Now I have Publisher 2002 on my computer and it seems to be so much more professional and doesn't have many of the templates that I used to use in "Specialty Items", such as, Bookmarks, Gift Tags, Door Hanger, Raffle Ticket, etc. I was wondering if it is possible to get these templates in my new Publisher 2002, if not, is it possible to have both versions on my computer so I can use the specialty...