Using an XLT file which prints unnecessary 2nd page

I am new to WindowsXP and Excel and struggling. When preparing a document
from the .xlt file it prints 2 pages. When I do a Print Preview on the .xlt
I can see a period on the left margin close to the bottom of the second page
which is otherwise blank but when I actually go into the document I can't
find it to erase it! On my XP machine it doesn't even show a second page in
the print preview but it still prints the page with the period! My Windows
ME machine does show the print preview second page but I still can't get to
it to erase it. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

0
jr12345 (2)

Backup your data, the go to the row just below your last row of data and
highlight that row and drag down to highlihgt the 100 or more rows below
it.........then Right-click > Delete..........save the file and recheck the
printing.......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Joni" <jr12345@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am new to WindowsXP and Excel and struggling. When preparing a document
> from the .xlt file it prints 2 pages. When I do a Print Preview on the
..xlt
> I can see a period on the left margin close to the bottom of the second
page
> which is otherwise blank but when I actually go into the document I can't
> find it to erase it! On my XP machine it doesn't even show a second page
in
> the print preview but it still prints the page with the period! My Windows
> ME machine does show the print preview second page but I still can't get
> it to erase it. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

0
croberts (1377)
3/17/2005 1:09:58 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Joni

"CLR" <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> Backup your data, the go to the row just below your last row of data and
> highlight that row and drag down to highlihgt the 100 or more rows below
> it.........then Right-click > Delete..........save the file and recheck
> the
> printing.......
>
> Vaya con Dios,
> Chuck, CABGx3
>

> "Joni" <jr12345@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I am new to WindowsXP and Excel and struggling. When preparing a document
>> from the .xlt file it prints 2 pages. When I do a Print Preview on the
> .xlt
>> I can see a period on the left margin close to the bottom of the second
> page
>> which is otherwise blank but when I actually go into the document I can't
>> find it to erase it! On my XP machine it doesn't even show a second page
> in
>> the print preview but it still prints the page with the period! My
>> Windows
>> ME machine does show the print preview second page but I still can't get
>> it to erase it. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

0
jr12345 (2)

Data File
I am using 2007 and Vista Home 32 bit and very frequently when I open Outlook there is a balloon in the bottom right which says 'Last time there was a data file which did not close properly' or words to that effect and that MS is checking. Just live with it ? Or is there something I can do ? Thanks Sheena lucretiaborgia@fl.it wrote: > I am using 2007 and Vista Home 32 bit and very frequently when I open > Outlook there is a balloon in the bottom right which says 'Last time > there was a data file which did not close properly' or words to that > effect and that M...

Saving Excel File to a Network Drive
I am having an issue with saving Excel files, directly to a network share, from within Excel. I receive the following error message below: ############################################## The File could not be accessed. Try one of the following: Make sure the specified folder exists. Make sure the folder that contains the file is not read-only Make sure the file name does not contain any of the following characters: < > ? [ ] : | or * Make sure the file/path name doesn’t contain more than 218 characters ############################################## The root folder name...

Printing color worksheets
When I print a worksheet that has various differently-colored cells on a laser printer, some of the cells are very hard to read because it uses different density dots as a fill pattern. Can someone please help me? Not really. Laser printers operate by producing a matrix of coloured dots. Th darker the colour the more dots and vice versa. The different colours are made up by combining dots of differen colours. However the actual size of the dots cannot be changed and you canno produce an even colour unless it is a very intense one. (ie pale yello will just be the usual yellow but fewer d...

DataSet changes schema of XML file
I’d like to use the DataSet as the container for the XML files conforming to some schema. The problem is, that the operation of reading the XML file into the DataSet having its schema and then writing it back to the file makes it invalid, not obeying rules of this schema. Here is the simple test program performing this operation. __________________________________________________ using System; using System.Data; namespace DataSetTest { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { DataSet DS = new DataSet(); DS.ReadXmlSchema ("XMLSch...

Is there a best block size sending a ftp file with CInternetFile?
Hi, I am writting a program to send a file by FTP using CFtpConnection, the file will be over 1mb and I want to give the user feedback on how much has been sent and transfer rate. I am using CInternetFile::Write but was wondering is there a perfect chunk size when sending to acheive the best transfer rate. I am currently using 1024 bytes but have tried different sizes without any real effect. TIA Des. Not really. Since the actual block size transmitted is a function of the IP stack, the protocol, the network card, the various routers in between, etc. you can pretty much choose any size...

PST files will not open
PST file will not open after exporting from OutlookXP and Exchange 5.5 and trying to Import to OutlookXP and Exchange 2003. (although others have came across just fine, just 1 .pst file I am having trouble with!) I have successfully setup outlook and Exchange 2003, just cannot import one file! I exported all mail from exchange to each persons seperate .pst file, then made a CDR to move to the new server. Copied Mail files to Desktop and made sure it was NOT IN READ ONLY! All worked fine except one! PST file size is only 26mb I go to Import from another Program or file then sele...

Search in a multiple-page document
Hello, I have a document with several pages, un per year, and in each page a table -lines and columns with data-. The first column in each page is a list of names, and in each list a given name may be repeated several times. I need to prepare a "search" able to draw to a new page all the information in the same line of the searched name, as many times as that name appears in each of the document pages. In other words, the search must admit several results for one searched item and copy them in a blank page. Is it possible? ...

XLB file size growing
Hi, Using Excel 2000 on Win XP pro and the file excel.xlb is growing each time I start and close Excel. The size started at 27kb but is now over 2mb. I'm not making any changes when loading and have several add-ins which I think is normal. The same happens if I delete the excel.xlb file and let Excel create another when closing down. Any ideas? Thanks, Rob I think you'd have to know the inner workings of excel to know why it's growing. And even if you had that knowledge, I'm not sure if you could stop it from happening. (But I've never seen the .xlb file gro...

Importing file in to MS Access Table
Hello, I am a new user of MS Access and is completely new to this forum as well. I am looking for some help on my first application in access that I am designing. I am creating an MS Access 2003 application with VBA in front end and MS access database at the backend. I have a database in my table called employees and I would like to save a pdf or a doc file in the resume field of each employee record. I tried to upload the file using DAO but it only saves the file name as BLOB in the resume field inside the table and not its content. Can someone please advise me w...

newbie: how to check a string of XML against a DTD file...
given a string of text, how can i test whether it has integrity when verified with a DTD file on disk, as well as checking it's even a valid XML formatted string? Is this possible to do with the .Microsoft .Net DOM? Thanks! =o) Daniel. Daniel Bass wrote: > given a string of text, how can i test whether it has integrity when > verified with a DTD file on disk, as well as checking it's even a valid XML > formatted string? > > Is this possible to do with the .Microsoft .Net DOM? Read "Validation of XML with XmlValidatingReader" in .NET Framework Developer...

Remove part of Page Header on last page
I have a report that has a Page Header that I want to print on every page, except on the last page, where I only want some of the information from the Page Header to print. I tried adding code to remove the information by making these controls invisible on the ReportFooter_Print event, which previews fine, but when it's actually printed it makes these controls invisible on all pages. Is this possible to do? In the PageFooter OnFormat event write the code 'Check if last page and return the oposite value to hide the text box Me.TextBoxName.Visible = Not ( [Page] = [Pages]) -- G...

Excel file is too large even after it's empty
I deleted all sheets from my excel file. There are no VB codes associated with the excel file. I only have one sheet, with no data. However, the size of my file is still 2M. When I open an empty excel file, it's size is usually 80K Bytes. Why is my empty file too large? Why would you be concerned about the size of a Supposedly empty workbook. Delete the workbook and start a new one. >-----Original Message----- >I deleted all sheets from my excel file. >There are no VB codes associated with the excel file. >I only have one sheet, with no data. >However, the size of my f...

DAP
Hello, I would like to create a DAP and allow people a field where they could upload a word document. To make this easier they are responsible for placing this document in a folder on our network. Could we allow them to HYPERLINK to it from the DAP? I know the HYPERLINK feature works in a form. Is there another way? Suggestion? I would like to do this in a DAP without having to build an ASP/ASP.NET application . ...

Cant see pic files
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C50D4F.FF350750 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am using Win Xp pro with office 2003. Using my own email templates I regularly send out emails. All image are in the template when I open a new email to send but as = soon as it goes into my sent folder I cant seem to see the images it = gives an error where the file is on the template. On the receiving end it works fine and others can see the images. I have = tested it my self by sending to my own h...

can't sign files bigger than 1 GB
Hello, I have a VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2009-2 CA certificate and I'm trying to sign an executable file which is bigger than 1 GB, but I always get this error message: "The Digital Signature wizard did not complete." Is there a size limitation for signing files with signtool? If yes, how can files bigger than 1 GB can be signed? Thank you in advanced. amatcovici wrote: > Hello, > > I have a VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2009-2 CA certificate and I'm trying > to sign an executable file which is bigger than 1 GB, but I always get this &...

Macro
Ok Im a bit stumped. I am building a work book that data on a shee called worksheet is changed every day. Certain parts of that data nee to go to a sheet called Feb (and the rest of the months as each da comes by) Problem is I will need to do 356 macros and buttons t accomplish this. But I know there has to be an easier way. Right no the macro is: Sub Move1() ' ' Move1 Macro Sheets("WorkSheet").Select Range("D10:D205").Select Selection.Copy Sheets("Feb").Select Range("C10").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone SkipBlan...

How do I change print margins?
In page setup, my print margins are in centimeters and I would like them to be in inches..........how can I change this for all my print documents? Excel uses the Regional Settings. In Windows: Start|Control Panel|Regional Setting- open Regional tab and click Customize; change Measurement system from Metric to US best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "BuniDyck" <BuniDyck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBE86186-228D-471D-BAA2-EF9581727E3A@microsoft.com... > In page setup, my print margins are in centimeter...

page level httpruntime timeout
Trying to get a page level timeout working with asp.net 2.0 and IIS 6. Appears to be possible using location element: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/b6x6shw7(VS.80).aspx Tried (both true and false) "This time-out applies only if the debug attribute in the compilation element is False.": http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e1f13641.aspx My configuration setting: <configuration> <location path="RecycleAppPools.aspx"> <httpRuntime executionTimeout="420"/> </location> </configuration> Any...

Print Command
This is my print command to print the report with out previewing it. I want to modify it so my print screen will come up to pick the proper printer.I have this simple command, DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPrint If Err = 2501 Then Err.Clear But don't know how to implement it in this code. I have tried a few things but get errors can anyone help thanks Blair Private Sub Command_Click() Dim stDocName As String If Option66 = True Then stDocName = "1,9,10-12DayRemates,Scratches" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acNormal Text22 = Text22 + 1 If (Text22 >= (Forms![Pro...

Master Workbook used as my template?
I have a workbook master I use as my master template for my jobs. I am wondering if it is possible to have them have a number sequence to follow and automatically number as the next job when saved as. For eg: I open my master and save it as ...., then I have to go into the worksheet in the work book and re number it as well. Say I save it as Job # 1000, then I have to enter it in a few worksheets in the workbook. But when I save the next one Job # 1001, is it possible to have that number automatically change for me inside the worksheets? I am new to excel and love the program and I am ...

Profit Maximizing Using Solver
How do I show unlimited demand for a product, other than by leaving the space blank, when I leave it blank solver doesn't include it. ...

Outlook 2000 Printing Bug
This baffled me for a while. IT here have helped out on this one and have come to a strange conclusion. My task was to print out a large number of emails (no attachments) in Chronological order, earliest date first. Sounds simple.. 1. Select all emails required 2. Sort by required field 3. Go to Print 4. Press Print 5. Take resulting emails off printer Not so. It seemed that when we did this, the emails printed out in a slightly random order, later ascertained to be something like 'Created Date' (can't confirm this). After building a clean machine with Office 2000 on, we were s...

Ecell Use of an Access Table information
I have a a table in Access that holds some information that I need to use in EXcell for the time being. Is it possible to have Excell work directly with information held in an Access Table. I currently resolve the problem by exporting the Table to Excell and then using Vlookup to access the data. This means I have 2 versions of the same data and that is not good. it would be good to do something like a lookup from within Excell but looking up information held in an Access Table rather than another Spreadsheet. Is this possible? Ammending the info in the Access table from within Excell ...

4 files that come up every time I open up Excel..
Every time I open up Excel, I get 4 or 5 files (excel files) that pop open... Can i limit that to one or two? How do you do that? Also I still can not figure out how to create global styles and macros... for new docs... anyone have the philosophy of how Excel does it versus word (which is very easy, you just set it in prefs).. thanks Brent Hauver Brent Several questions and issues here. I will try to deal with most of them. Excel will try to open any files it finds in either the XLSTART folder or "Alternate startup file location" or "at startup, open files in". ...

Reserved excel file
What does it mean when you open a excel file and it says *.xls is reserved by "user name"? ...