Using a macro to make a list from Results

Hi,

I have made a macro that runs another macro and copies the results to a new
column thus creating a list. I want to make the macro run over a large
number of cycles and create a large list without me having to type in the
same command over and over. How can I do this? I have pasted the macro below:

Sub Macro8()
'
' Macro8 Macro
' Macro recorded 2/06/2008 by deemo
'

'
Application.Run "Iterate2"
Range("B1").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("N8").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Range("F1").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("O8").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Application.Run "Iterate2"
Range("B1").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("N9").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Range("F1").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("O9").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Application.Run "Iterate2"
Range("B1").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("N10").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Range("F1").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("O10").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

Thanks!
0
deemo85 (1)

On Jun 2, 7:03=A0am, deemo85 <deem...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have made a macro that runs another macro and copies the results to a ne=
> column thus creating a list. I want to make the macro run over a large
> number of cycles and create a large list without me having to type in the
> same command over and over. How can I do this? I have pasted the macro bel=
ow:

> Sub Macro8()
> '
> ' Macro8 Macro
> ' Macro recorded 2/06/2008 by deemo
> '
>
> '
> Application.Run "Iterate2"
> Range("B1").Select
> Selection.Copy
> Range("N8").Select
> ActiveSheet.Paste
> Range("F1").Select
> Selection.Copy
> Range("O8").Select
> ActiveSheet.Paste
> Application.Run "Iterate2"
> Range("B1").Select
> Selection.Copy
> Range("N9").Select
> ActiveSheet.Paste
> Range("F1").Select
> Selection.Copy
> Range("O9").Select
> ActiveSheet.Paste
> Application.Run "Iterate2"
> Range("B1").Select
> Selection.Copy
> Range("N10").Select
> ActiveSheet.Paste
> Range("F1").Select
> Selection.Copy
> Range("O10").Select
> ActiveSheet.Paste
> End Sub
>
> Thanks!

See your posting in the Programming group.
0
JWRIGHT50 (29)

Numerical entry for list boxes on a user form
I have a user form with 3 text boxes that inputs information onto a worksheet. What code do I need to make sure the textboxes only accept numerical entry. ie I only want a user to enter numbers, not letters ....and would I put the code inbetween this section: - Private Sub TextBox2_Change() End Sub TIA See reply from Nicke to your question in .programming, and don't multipost. -- HTH RP "Anthony Slater" <AnthonySlater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A87CD04E-5B58-46C4-B936-6B0433FCE8A6@microsoft.com... > I have a user form with 3 text boxes t...

Slightly OT: Anyone ever used the IDiscMaster interface?
I am getting "class not registered" errors on CoCreateInstance even though the service is up and running on my machine, and I have the Platform SDK (ergo, "Imapi.h" where the CLSIDs are defined.) 'lil help? WTH Doh, guess what? LOL, IMAPI runs as a local server executable. So, if you want to use it, specify LOCAL_SERVER instead of INPROC_SERVER... Sorry to have wasted everyone's time. WTH "WTH" <ih8spam@spamtrap.com> wrote in message news:OsU3sorsDHA.1888@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I am getting "class not registered" err...

Recently moved home. Using dads ISP. Can't send or recieve email
Recently moved from Austin to Kansas City. Currently using my fathers ISP for internet and email access. Need help on how to send and receive emails through outlook 2002. Can I just creat a new account with my own personal user name and password? Boomerang <Boomerang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Recently moved from Austin to Kansas City. Currently using my fathers > ISP for internet and email access. Need help on how to send and > receive emails through outlook 2002. Can I just creat a new account > with my own personal user name and password? With the ISP? You...

strange window resizing glitches under XP (not strictly an MFC question but it's making my app look bad)
I've noticed a very ugly graphical "effect" when resizing a window under XP (Windows XP style / Silver appearance / ShowContentsWhileDragging). Resizing the right/bottom edges works like win2k (i.e. as expected) but dragging the left or top edge causes the right or bottom edges of the window frame to flicker like hell as the background pops through and then gets drawn over with the window contents. Try opening a large window of "My Computer" and then drag the left edge backwards and forwards across the screen quickly and repeatedly - not nice. There's also another...

Using RANK Function
I need to rank 225 rows of data. Can I use the replace function so D4:D229 appears in each cell? Thanks for the help. Skip Skip, Use $D$4:$D$229 as the range reference in your RANK function, and it won't change when you copy the formula. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Skip" <ssummer@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:4a482838-1cf3-419c-8e7a-2d4a17bb9f3e@s50g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... >I need to rank 225 rows of data. Can I use the replace function so > D4:D229 appears in each cell? Thanks for the help. > Skip ...

MACRO AUTORUN
HI EVRYONE, ON ONE OF MY EXCEL SHEETS I HAVE MACRO RUNNING. WHENEVER I OPEN THE FILE, IT SAID CLICK TO DISABLE OR ALLOW. I DID NOT ADD ANY MACRO, I CAN'T FIND ANY MACRO IN THE SPREAD SHEET (TOOLS, MACRO). IF I COPY PASTE AND SAVE ON ANOTHER DOCUMENT, SAME THING. IF I SEND TO A COLLEGUE AND OPENS IT, SAME BLOODY MACRO. HOW CAN I GET RID OF THIS MACRO. THANKS -- Chich See http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "b52shut" <b52shut@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9D2BF73D-4F4D-4F...

list boxes #3
Want to set a drop down box that does not repeat the same value despite that value appearing in the list more than once. Then once a selection is made from the 1st drop down list, the second drop down box selection criteria changes. ie. table a follows: list 1 list2 commodities oil commodities plastics FX options FX spot FX longcall 1st list would have 2 options: commodities, FX - not repeated. User selects "commodities". Then 2nd drop down list automatically ch...

Can't use links
Every time I try to click a link I get an error message "general failure. the url was: "http....etc Any idea what's going on? I can't even enable instant search or click any links in my email. Always get the same error message (obviously with different url info). I welcome your suggestions and thanks in advance. I just recently upgraded from office 2003 and 2007 is awesome! This appears to be a default browser problem. In the two cases I found by searching, the problem was solved by setting IE to be the default browser; in one case by using "Set Program acces...

How to use MFC 4.2 with Visual Studio .Net
Hi! I have recently started using Visual Studio .Net in place of Visual Studio 6.0. My application is an Active X control written in C++ with MFC 4.2. Is there a way I can force Visual Studio to use MFC 4.2 and not MFC 7.0, since the application will be deployed mostly on systems with MFC 4.2. I know I can use "static linking" but that will make the application large and I am still adamant on using 4.2 libraries rather than 7.0 to be safe. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance for your help. Sanjay This question has started coming up a lot. The answer is simple: revert to VS6. ...

reorder list
Have a question regarding the reorder list which is; Is it possible to have a reorder list nested inside of a reorder list? If so, how? Thanks John On 6 Feb., 04:33, JohnE <Jo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Have a question regarding the reorder list which is; =A0Is it possible to= have > a reorder list nested inside of a reorder list? =A0If so, how? > Thanks > John While I think this is not a very good idea, it should be possible: http://forums.asp.net/t/1293825.aspx Try to use ListView or other parent control instead. "Alexey Smirnov&...

Data From A List
WHat I am trying to do is Type in a name of a Client in a cell and have the adjacent cell automatically enter a specific client number.... For example.... if on cell A2 I type in "Smith" I want A3 to read "100". I have a list of names and client numbers..... I have tried LookUp... but to no avail. Any help? Thanks Well, you need to show us your formula, for starters. Tyro "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E977F61D-B06C-4E81-9D1F-83094823B1F1@microsoft.com... > WHat I am trying to do is Type in a name of a Client in ...

Need macro to allow me to go out into another excel file and copy and bring data back..
Hi, I'm looking to have a macro that I've started (below) to allow me to go out to a file that is always in the same location with the same name and copy information from it and bring it back into the file I was originally in. The file from which I want to get the information from is updated automatically every 24 hours from data dumped into it from our MRP system. The macro is to be stored in my "personal.xls" file. The problem is that the original file name is always different. So how can I make the macro come back to this file that has a different name each time to pas...

trying to make a formula for percent if greater than a value
I am trying to create a formula that will calculate percent survival. Basically I have data in cells and I want to make a fomula that tests if there is a value greater than 0. I want my answer to be not the values in the box, but the number of cells with data greater than zero divided by the total number of cells. Then, I'd like to write another formula to average the values in those cells, but only if those cells have a value greater than zero. Can anyone help? I think I got this straight. In one instance, you want to count the number of cells in a range that are greater than z...

Can I make a Cladogram using microsoft Excel?
I'm using microsoft offfice 2003 and was curious is there anyway I can make a caldogram using the program? I know that it is possible to make a family tree; however this is inifficient in depicting ancestoral progression of the species- which would be better display with a cladogram. Any Help greatly appreciated! Hi, Maybe fernando cinquegrani's cluster or grafi examples may help. http://www.prodomosua.it/ppage02.html It should be possible to construct a chart using a xy-scatter and various charting tricks. But a lot depends on how you have this data stored. Cheers Andy La...

Summing results of other totals
I run a query and a report that gives me totals of my fields by specific dates I enter. For example I can run my query and report by entering; between 1/1/2008 and 1/5/2008. I will get a summary for each individual date where my specific fields are totalled, and I get a grand total for each date. I am trying to figure out a way I can add a field to either my query or report that will give me a total of the grand total for all the dates selected. I tried adding something like =sum(date) but that was just adding how many days there were. As always any help is always appreciated! -- ...

backing up exchange 2003 using arcserve v11
hi all, i know that this may not be directly a problem with exchange but i thought i'd post this anyway for anyone who uses arcserve to backup their exchange. i just installed brightstor arcserve v11 on my windows 2003 server. i'm using this to backup my exchange 2003 enterprise w/sp1 (installed on win 2003-this is a separate server from my backup). i installed the exchange backup agent on my exchange server and the client agent for windows with no problem. i've created the brick level account thru this agent eventhough i will not be using brick level backup. here's...

Dumb Macro Question
I have (several times) successfully recorded a macro. What I want is for the macro to be stored as part of the Excel file so that when I close the file the macro is inside it and when I open the file again, the macro is available. I think I am doing everything right but when I re-open the file the macro is GONE. So what should I do to cause a recorded macro to be stored with the currently open file? Thanks 1) When you start the Record Macro dialog look at the box where you state if the macro is to be stored in the workbook or in Personal.xls (or personal.xlb with ...

Macro Warning Message #3
I have removed all macros from a workbook but I am still being prompted to enable / disable macros, when I open the document. Is there a way of removing this w/o changing the security settings for Excel on my computer? Hi You need to delete the empty modules too! See here for info: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros -- Andy. "Andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1afb601c44f05$d441cf50$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have removed all macros from a workbook but I am still > being prompted to enable / disable macros, when I o...

Import Master Category List in Outlook 2003 ?
I asked this in microsoft.public.outlook.general but did not receive a reply : Can anyone tell me how to import the Master Category List from my old installation of Outlook 2003 into my new install of the same version ? I exported everything else into a .pst file and got all my contacts etc but the Category List doesn't 't seem to be included ? Many thanks, Mike Probably a result of the import. Importing a .PST file does two things: A. You lose the following information: 1. Custom Forms 2. Custom Views 3. Connections between contacts and activities 4. Received dates on mail...

macro for a range
Hello all. Happy new year and welcome back to work. Appreciate if I can get help on the following: In Range A1 to A10 I have dates. In Range B1 to B10 I have a number between 1 and 100. I require a formula (or macro) in range C1 to C10 to count the number of days between today and the date in the corresponding cell in range A1 to A10. But, Once the corresponding cell in range B1 to B10 = 100 I require the formula(macro) to retain the final number of days counted. -- Cheers Ant. ...

Access not Installed on Pc, Are user still able to use application?
Hi Everyone, Not sure if this is the right group to pose my question about Using Access. Understand that the normal way of using is User must have Ms Office-Access in order to use the application. As I had a fully operational application developed using Ms Office-Access, but certain terminal in my company does not have Access installed. Any suggestions, any one ? (Eg: I was suggested using Visuo software that save as a .exe file to serve as a 'bridge' between User that do not have Ms Access installed in their system and Access Applications that is residing in company server) Edis...

Internationalization for formulas & macros #3
No. It's an Excel 2000 file -- micto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mictou's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1637 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27750 ...

Install add-in using OCT
Hi, Is it possible to automatically install an add-in by using the OCT tool? By that I mean, create an msp file with the tool and then run the install from a command prompt. Or put another way, I want to run automatically another msi file after Outlook is finished installing. Dan ...

How to store jpg in a database for use in another sheet
Can somebody please explain me how to store jpg's in a database and le them show in another sheet when entering a specific key -- Marc Willems ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Marc Willemse's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=164 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187045633 J.E. McGimpsey has instructions for displaying pictures based on a cell entry: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html Marc Willemse wrote: > Can somebody please explain me how to store jpg's in a database and let > them show...

Global Address List and a Shared Contact List
Thank you in advance! I continue to have communication problems with e-mail stemming from the fact that we have two locations for Our Staff in Outlook 2000(Exchange). We have one listed in what is called the "Global Address List" and another, more accurate version, in "Our Staff" listed under "Public Folders". When someone wants to write a new e-mail, the "To" in their dialogue box directs them to what is now the default "Global Address List" that contains a Staff listing that is not as up to date or accurate. I attempted to add same today...