use match from the bottom to the top. #2

the match function gives the index from the top
is it possible to use match from the bottom to the top?
ie. the meaning of "=MATCH(A1,$A$8:$A$1,0)"
0
kang (41)

You can do  =counta($A$8:$A$1) - MATCH(A1,$A$8:$A$1,0) or count() if you're
using numbers.

"kang" wrote:

> the match function gives the index from the top
> is it possible to use match from the bottom to the top?
> ie. the meaning of "=MATCH(A1,$A$8:$A$1,0)"

But what if some cells in the range are empty? Try

=ROWS($A$1:$A$8)-MATCH(A1,$A$8:$A$1,0)+1

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

> You can do  =counta($A$8:$A$1) - MATCH(A1,$A$8:$A$1,0) or count() if you're
> using numbers.
>
> "kang" wrote:
>
> > the match function gives the index from the top
> > is it possible to use match from the bottom to the top?
> > ie. the meaning of "=MATCH(A1,$A$8:$A$1,0)"

thanks daddylonglegs.
what if I want to get the last instance of the match cell?

daddylonglegs wrote:
> But what if some cells in the range are empty? Try
>
> =ROWS($A$1:$A$8)-MATCH(A1,$A$8:$A$1,0)+1
>

> "Sean Timmons" wrote:
>
>> You can do  =counta($A$8:$A$1) - MATCH(A1,$A$8:$A$1,0) or count() if you're
>> using numbers.
>>
>> "kang" wrote:
>>
>>> the match function gives the index from the top
>>> is it possible to use match from the bottom to the top?
>>> ie. the meaning of "=MATCH(A1,$A$8:$A$1,0)"

0
kang (41)
8/6/2007 4:20:57 AM
I don't want the first instance of the matched cells be indexed from the
bottom, but, I want the last instance of the matched cells.

daddylonglegs wrote:
> But what if some cells in the range are empty? Try
>
> =ROWS($A$1:$A$8)-MATCH(A1,$A$8:$A$1,0)+1
>

> "Sean Timmons" wrote:
>
>> You can do  =counta($A$8:$A$1) - MATCH(A1,$A$8:$A$1,0) or count() if you're
>> using numbers.
>>
>> "kang" wrote:
>>
>>> the match function gives the index from the top
>>> is it possible to use match from the bottom to the top?
>>> ie. the meaning of "=MATCH(A1,$A$8:$A$1,0)"

0
kang (41)

Letter Writing assitant to be used with Prospects
Would like to see Letter Writing Assitant to be extended to be used with Prospects. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=73b8a531-e5c3-4d8b-91ae-5b1758b9f1a5&...

Problems with creating a newsletter

Meeting updates #2

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

printing 2 charts on single page

Register & Favorites Don't Match
I have Money 2004. My checking account register shows the correct balance. But in the "Favorites" list on my home page, my checking account balance is many thousands of dollars lower than the actual balance. How did these get out of sync? Thanks for any help. In microsoft.public.money, Larry E. wrote: >I have Money 2004. My checking account register shows the correct balance. >But in the "Favorites" list on my home page, my checking account balance is >many thousands of dollars lower than the actual balance. How did these get >out of sync? Thanks for ...

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Offline folder problems #2

how to match the color of a button with its background?
Hi, I have a owner draw push button. I associate it with two bitmaps, one is down and the other is up. Is there a way to make the bitmaps's background color match the color of the window where the button is located. I manually choose the best matched color but still the result is not good. I can even see a white border line (not drawn by me) when the button is pushed. Please help. Thanks. Tony Check out http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vcresed/html/_asug_choosing_an_opaque_or_transparent_background.asp May Young <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:<408473...

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Receiving Transaction Entry #2

VCard issue #2

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server