use current month in ad If satament

I have a cell A1 with a drop down to select month. In another cell on
another sheet I want to compare the current month to the value in A1.

If (current month = A1, value, value)
I've found a lot of date functions but the solution evades me. Can
someone please help me? All I really need is how to get the month to use
  to compare I think I have the rest of the formla figured out.

TIA
gls858
0
gls858

I'm not sure what you're really using -- dates or the month names?

I'm guessing names like January, February, ..., December.

=if(text(today(),"mmmm")=A1,"same name","not same name")

If you used abbreviations:  Jan, Feb, ..., Dec

=if(text(today(),"mmm")=A1,"same name","not same name")

--

Dave Peterson
0
Dave Peterson wrote:
> I'm not sure what you're really using -- dates or the month names?
>
> I'm guessing names like January, February, ..., December.
>
> =if(text(today(),"mmmm")=A1,"same name","not same name")
>
> If you used abbreviations:  Jan, Feb, ..., Dec
>
> =if(text(today(),"mmm")=A1,"same name","not same name")
>

> gls858 wrote:
>> I have a cell A1 with a drop down to select month. In another cell on
>> another sheet I want to compare the current month to the value in A1.
>>
>> If (current month = A1, value, value)
>> I've found a lot of date functions but the solution evades me. Can
>> someone please help me? All I really need is how to get the month to use
>>   to compare I think I have the rest of the formla figured out.
>>
>> TIA
>> gls858

Thanks Dave. I'll give ti a try. I appreciate the help.

gls858
0
gls858
4/28/2010 8:52:24 PM
Dave Peterson wrote:
> I'm not sure what you're really using -- dates or the month names?
>
> I'm guessing names like January, February, ..., December.
>
> =if(text(today(),"mmmm")=A1,"same name","not same name")
>
> If you used abbreviations:  Jan, Feb, ..., Dec
>
> =if(text(today(),"mmm")=A1,"same name","not same name")
>

> gls858 wrote:
>> I have a cell A1 with a drop down to select month. In another cell on
>> another sheet I want to compare the current month to the value in A1.
>>
>> If (current month = A1, value, value)
>> I've found a lot of date functions but the solution evades me. Can
>> someone please help me? All I really need is how to get the month to use
>>   to compare I think I have the rest of the formla figured out.
>>
>> TIA
>> gls858

Worked perfectly Thanks Dave!

gls858
0
gls858

Programming PowerPoint using VBA
I have been working on a project where I need to add some shapes to a presentation using VBA. Of course I run the code as I test many times and each time I do notice the shapes just keeping getting added to the slides. What I don't understand is why the objects I am adding persist after the slide show is no longer executing. They even remain part of the presentation when I close and reopen it. Why is that? I haven't even saved the presentation. I know I am missing something fundamental here, but it has been difficult to find a resource on the Net to explain away my co...

Using Microsoft Help: Add Text Boxes, etc.
Fellow posters: I have MS Excel 2000 (v. 9.0.3821) and need help on working with its map function--the MS Map in my Excel is MapInfo version 8.0. I have never used it before. My eventual goal is to import this map into a MS Word document. For a upcoming report, I'd like to do a few maps of the U.S., where I'd be able to congregate neighboring states together into separate regions and add some text annotation. I'd also like to individually color selected states. After receiving help from a Word group and some hair-pulling, I managed to create a map in MS Map, put it in MS Excel, ...

Use Value In An Adjacent Cell
I would like to find the maximum number in a column of numbers and then use the value in the cell one cell above and one cell to the right of the maximum number. Can someone assist me with the formula? The Data: B C D 10/25/2004 57,636 19.039 11/03/2004 58,015 19.627 11/12/2004 58,431 17.774 This formula will return 58,431 (the maximum number in the range) =MAX($C$6:$C$55) Once I find that number I need the value one cell above and one cell to the right (19.627 in this case). ...

Generate number NOT using a form
Hi, I've searched hi an low on this site and others, and the nearest match was a question from Galaxykid in November. I'm running Office 2000 and have used the Template Wizaed to create a template that is used as a form to input data into another spreadsheet. I would like one field on the template (which appears as a spreadsheet NOT an Excel Form) to generate sequential numbers for each new record that is entered and saved using my template. I know it can't be that hard but I've been trying to figure this out for two days! Help!!!!! Thanks in advance. Davis Try loo...

Import Data using Forms
Hi, Can anyone tell me how I can set up a form to import an excel sheet into an exisiting table in access? Thank you!! You can use the TransferSpreadsheet Method to import a spreadsheet. The click event of the button would run the code you write for the import. "carolini" <carolini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A30B2F52-96CD-421B-A940-A200A0D129CF@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Can anyone tell me how I can set up a form to import an excel sheet into > an > exisiting table in access? > > Thank you!! > On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:24...

Using IF and MAX (and IF and MIN) together
I am a newbie to Excel. I have a spreadsheet for a class in which I am required to find the most sales by using IF and MAX. Also, I must find the least sales using IF and MIN. Can anyone help me put a formula together? Becky Wrote: > I am a newbie to Excel. I have a spreadsheet for a class in which I am > required to find the most sales by using IF and MAX. Also, I must find > the > least sales using IF and MIN. Can anyone help me put a formula > together? Assuming your sales figures are in A1:A100, use *=max(A1:A100) * to determine the maximum number in the range a...

Is it possible to use USB ports in Visual C++ 6.0 (MFC)?
Best regards bayX wrote: > Best regards It depends on what you mean by "use." -n "Nikolaos D. Bougalis" <nikb@webmaster.com> wrote: >bayX wrote: > >> Best regards > > It depends on what you mean by "use." > > -n Now that is really helpful, how about "communicate with USB device" ? In my case I have a GUID and driver supplied by the device manufacturer, but cannot see how to use them. Colin I have a gsm phone. I want to write a program that will send SMS. My gsm phone can be connected to my computer from USB . S...

Change xlstart path
Is there a way to change the path of the xlstart folder , so that it points to a network path. I know there is an alternate startup path but that is for XL templates. I need to point to a macro , so that the macro starts up when opening excel. Hope this makes sense. I wouldn't change this setting (even if I knew how). And I wouldn't want you to change it for me, either. Have you thought of just telling people to install an addin: tools|addins and point to that network workbook Craig wrote: > > Is there a way to change the path of the xlstart folder , so that it points ...

Problem adding email account in outlook 2002
problem adding hotmail account to outlook 2002 From: "brandpoints" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> Sent: 1/21/2004 7:43:42 AM I'm running into a problem UNSUCCESSFULLY connecting to hotmail after adding a hotmail address to my Outlook 2002 email accounts. I've successfully added one previously and have double checked all the setup information is correct (http server, email address, pw, etc.). I can add the account but not connect to the mailbox. I get a "timeout from server" message. I've been trying to troubleshoot this but ca...

How to get the value of AD user attributes in vbscript?
i want to get the field value of the AD user address attributes in VBscript. just like city, country, etc. how can i get it? thank you very much. Kino, refer to http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/ScriptCenter/en-us/4d192f4d-2830-4a3e-9352-64a7e696a36e The ones you are interested in are "streetAddress,postOfficeBox,l,st,postalCode,c" hth Marcin "Kino" <Kino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C08BB049-8F6F-462F-B6C8-FB753CEFCA7C@microsoft.com... >i want to get the field value of the AD user address attributes in >VBscript. &...

Can I use a 'lookup' to a Pivot Table?
I am attempting to compare one column of data (a list Employee numbers) to another (on a different sheet in the same workbook, also of Ee #s but not as complete) and put the number in the corresponding cell back to the original spreadsheet. Since the lists aren't exact, I can't simply do an (='other sheet'!A1)and drag it down. The lists are both formated as numbers and in numerical order but not the same length. The oddity is that the sheet I'm referencing to is a Pivot Table. I'm getting a #N/A message. Thanks in advance You could use the GETPIVOTDATA function: ...

Add a month
Hi All, I have 1/4/04 in column A1. I want to write a formula in Column B1 to add one month to the date in A1. In A2 I want to add a year to A1. Result would show: B1=1/5/04 and A2=1/4/05. How do I do this? Your help is appreciated. Thank you Regards Hi Regards =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1)) =DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please "Newbie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:0de001c425f5$faab92e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > I have 1/4/04 in column A1. I want to write a ...

Am using avery business cards top margin does not print
I CAN SEE THE MARGIN IN THE PREVIEW BUT IT DOESN'T ALWAYS PRINTS. I'VE TRIED DIFFERENT PAPERS AND DIFFERENT PRINTERS. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm for a possible explanation. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "LSMITH DESIGNED EQUIPMENT" <LSMITH DESIGNED EQUIPMENT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:095766D2-D691-4AF1-B4F1-F57614C13B31@microsoft.com... >I CAN SEE THE MARGIN IN THE PREVIEW BUT IT DOESN'T ALWAYS PRINTS. I'VE...

Help, please, adding on to items in a column...
Hi... I've tried, no luck, redefining contents of cells in one single column.... and would like to ask your help! Column F is a truncated listing of email addresses (A thru E, name, tel, region, etc). However, this column only contains 'jdoe', which is their first initial and last name- which is how the email system is set up..(jgarcia, rstarr, etc!). All of these are '@xyz.com'. Is there some way to add the ' @xyz.com' to what is already contained? I tried defining as special, but that hasn't worked... Unless I'm doing it wrong?? thank you! --...

Current Login Username
how can i getting username which is login in CRM 3.0 ? is it possible through javascript ? please help me. ...

Adding new Internet address
In Exchange 2003 how do you add a new email address? In 5.5 admin program you could add an Internet address as a new address. Can't find in Exchange 2003 this ability. Thanks, Stu You can add it directly on the AD user account object. Go to properties, then click on the E-mail Addresses tab. Colby -- Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Stu" <stu@austintravel.com> wrote in message news:284b301c46435$970bbe30$a401280a...

Error on saving a form, when few extra controls are added dynamica
Hi, I am dynamically adding a readonly textarea on a CRM form, which is populated with some data, based on few conditions at runtime. Using JavaScript, I am able to add textarea at dynamically. But when user clicks on "Close" button, I get runtime error and data is not saved. Code to add fields at runtime: objAddress = oCurrentTab.appendChild(document.createElement('textarea')); objAddress.id = 'objAddress'; objAddress.readOnly=true; objAddress.innerText = "Some Text which is to be displayed"; Can anyone point me to what I am doing wrong? Also i...

Using DateAdd function with cell values
Both F7 and H7 contain a date yet this sub does not execute the statements after Then.................Please help. Sub GetAmOrDep() Dim TestDate As Date TestDate = DateAdd("m", Range("F7").Value, Range("H7").Value) If TestDate < Range("I7").Value Then Range("K7").Select Selection.Copy Range("M7").Select ActiveSheet.Paste End If End Sub Read help on DateAdd. It is not two dates, but an interval and a date. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "loren.pot...

using exchange 5.5 for calender sharing only
We have a client who is running an old exchange 5.5 server on a WinNT4 sp6 PDC machine for the sole purpose of sharing their calendar. They have multiple pop accounts handled by outside ISP's and all of the clients (5) have their own pst files stored on the server. they are able to send emails with two of the three pop accounts but not their primary one - the one that has a connectoid on the Exchange server. they get a replay saying undeliverable. But the message itself is not returned. My question is since there is no need for the exchange server to process any mail do they need any speci...

Two Computers on the same network using the one email address!
Hi, I have two networked computers sharing one email address. I have outlook 2007 and the other computer has Outlook 2003. Is there a way that both computers can share the one email address with out all mail going to one or other computer?? I'd appreciate any suggestions as mail is getting lost and mixed up. Thanks -- Val Assuming a POP3 account; Configure your account settings to leave a copy on the server. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/160 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.how...

highlight cells to obtain total without using formula?
In previous versions of Excel, I use to be able to select a group of cells to obtain a total, without having to use a formula. The total would appear at the bottom of the window. Is this function still available in Excel2003? Do you have a visible status bar (Tools>Options>View, and see if status bar is checked)? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "rdavia" <rdavia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98C2B407-DE54-4C0D-A6AE-89A6A50E751C@microsoft.com... > In previous versions of Excel, I use to be able to select ...

appending data to ms access table using ms excel
Help, I am trying to update an Access table that has one field with a value that is coming from an Excel table. I looked through several cites are I have been unsuccessful. I believe that ADO would be needed to accomplish the task. If anyone has a short example of the code that would be needed in Excel to control access please let me know. Thanks in advance Here's a routine that I use to append daily stock price information to the MDB file where I keep historical quotes. I have a generic function that sets up the connection, rather than doing that in the sub itself. Prices() is...

Exchange 2003/AD/Anonymous Logon access
Looking at users in Active Directory on Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 2003 server. Under Mailbox Rights on the Exchange Advanced tab, the "ANONYMOUS LOGON" user has read rights. Should it? If I try to get rid of it, it says I can't because it's inherited, but I'm not sure where the PARENT to this tab even is. All the users are under the standard USERS folder in AD. Not sure if this is what MS intends or if I have mischief going on here. Thanks ...

Setting up/using Analytical Acctg.
I have what I think is a very simple requirement. The client wants to be able to track jobs. Specifically he wants to be able to run a report and see how much money he made or lost on a particulr job. Now this seems like a pretty straightforward and simple use of AA to me, but it seems that simple still does not mean easy. I set up AA with a single Trx dimension (JOBS), and assigned Transaction Dimesion Codes (JOB01, JON02, etc). I can post POs and Saels Invoices, distribute amounts to the various jobs, and the Posting Journals (and AA porting journals) show all the correct amounts. ...

Adding 529 account to Money '06
I have a new 529 college plan I would like to add to my portfolio. The account is made up of 5 mutual funds with an allocation percentage in each. Under the investment drop down, it doesn't offer an option to add several mutual funds and allow for allocation percentage in each. I would like to allocate a percentage of my investment dollars to these 5 mutual funds as one investment. Is there a way to do this? In microsoft.public.money, JazzyJ wrote: >I have a new 529 college plan I would like to add to my portfolio. The >account is made up of 5 mutual funds with an alloca...