Updating a Running total from a cell

Hi, I have an inventory list that I want to update the  "On-Hand" field, keep
the running total, from an update entry into the  "this shipment" field for
each inventory item.  I will not be adding lines, just updating the "this
shipment" cell for each product.  I want it to look like this:

                      On Hand      This Shipment     Running Total
Product #1           5                       3                      8
Product #2           10                    -5                      5
Product #3           20                     10                    30

Then, when my next shipment comes in i want to key in the "this shipment"
and the Running Total field updates.   All I can think of is a "circular
formula" and that doesn't work.
Thanks !!!
0
MacPack2 (2)

Assuming Product in column A, On Hand column B, This Shipment column C and
Running Total column D. Also Product #1 in row 2.
In cell B2 enter  =$D2-$C2
Copy down as far as you need to
Trust this is what you want?

"MacPack2" wrote:

> Hi, I have an inventory list that I want to update the  "On-Hand" field, keep
> the running total, from an update entry into the  "this shipment" field for
> each inventory item.  I will not be adding lines, just updating the "this
> shipment" cell for each product.  I want it to look like this:
>
>                       On Hand      This Shipment     Running Total
> Product #1           5                       3                      8
> Product #2           10                    -5                      5
> Product #3           20                     10                    30
>
> Then, when my next shipment comes in i want to key in the "this shipment"
> and the Running Total field updates.   All I can think of is a "circular
> formula" and that doesn't work.
> Thanks !!!
0
RonBuy (107)

Can't display all text in cell
I'm trying to display text in a cell. I've got Wrap Text on, and I hav several paragraphs of text. All of it appears in the formula bar, bu not in the cell displayed on the screen. And yes, I increased the ro height, but it still doesn't show. Any ideas? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am having the same problem. Apparantly there is a 1024 character limitation per cel in excel. The only advice I have received so far, which does work, is to press alt+enter to create a line break. If you find another work around, I would be interested. Hi besid...

Export Access Record to Specific Cells in Excel
I'm looking for suggestions on how to export data from an Access table or Query into specific cells of a Worksheet. The table I'm importing will always contain a single record only. For example, I'd like to export data from Field1, field2...etc in an access table to Sheet2!A3, Sheet2!B3...etc. Any sugestions would be most appreciative. ...

crash word & update
The context : word on Ibook OS 10.2.6. Since two weeks, Word crashes=20 anytime I want to save a file I'm working on. First thing I tried : = clean=20 the disk and the library by means of Onyx. Nothing has changed, so I=20 tried to upgrade the Office package, but the upgrade doesn't work :=20 error 11002 : 2, -15. Does anyone know how can I solve these problems? thanks a lot fred Remove and re-install Office X. Insert the Office X CD, then open the Value Pack. Click the Value Pack Installer. Check "Remove Office", then click "Continue". Run the "Remove Offi...

UPDATE UNAVAILABLE
I've been updating my US Bank and WAMU checkiing and savings accounts for over 2 months now. Just last week, I started getting an error message: "Update Unavailable." When I click to get more information, I get a message saying that my banks no longer support synching with Money!!!! Has anyone had this experience? In microsoft.public.money, Microsoft Money <Microsoft Money@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've been updating my US Bank and WAMU checkiing and savings accounts for >over 2 months now. Just last week, I started getting an error message: ...

Conditional Formatting
I have a row of cells that calculate the totals for their columns but I force to be blank via IF statements until certain conditions are met. Once these conditions are met, the total appears. I'd like to also highlight these total cells via conditional formatting. My conditional formatting input is simply "If Cell is Greater than 0, format". For some reason all the cells format as though they are all > 0 yet they don't display anything. Are there some internal rules that specifiy when a cell is really 0? Is there another way to do this that won't care what the for...

Too Many Excel Apps running
I recently installed Excel 2010. My operating system is XP Pro. Ever since I installed Excel 2010 I find that every time I open an Excel file it opens a new Excel. It is not unusual for me to have 5 different Excels open even after I close a file. My bottom ribbon is full of Excels! I previously used Excel 2003 and did not have this problem. I know these are different Excels operating because I am unable to open a split window to show two different files. Note - I usually open my files via Explorer. Is there a setting that I can use to require that my single open Excel can open any new Exce...

Running Access Query Returns Incorrect Number of Records
I am running some code which loops through and runs the queries in an Access Database. The count of the records is then stored in a Worksheet. For most of the queries, the figure stored in the Worksheet matches the number of records if you run the query in Access. But for certain queries, the count of the records does not match the number of records when the query is run in Access. If I change the query to a make table query and then base another query on that table, the results are correct. Can anybody suggest running the query from Excel would results in a different number of records bein...

Select Query acting like an Update Query
I am having trouble with my database where my select queries are acting as update queries. If a user happens to accidentally or otherwise adjust the results provided by the query, it is updating the information on the table(s). I need to find out why it is doing this and how to prevent this from occurring and altering the data. Thank you, Terri On Dec 17, 9:34 am, Tboartz <Tboa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am having trouble with my database where my select queries are acting as > update queries. If a user happens to accidentally or otherwise adjust the > res...

counting same text from different cells
Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different cell in excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that. It will be really helpful if u could send me the solution thank you om Hi =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"p") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "om" <om@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:96B25715-6B88-40F8-8360-9602A05E3B30@microsoft.com... > Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different cell in > excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that. > > It will be rea...

pulling cell "value"
in the cell C4 i have the formula =now() and I have that cell formatted to custom mmmm so that it displays as January. I am now trying to write some VBA code to look at cell C4 and take the January and then do a vlookup on the array that i have named months. months is the cells D14:E25 column D has a list of the months and column E has a list of numbers that corresponds to these months. This is a custom list so I can not use the standard numbers that excel uses for the months. The vlookup in vba should take the January and find the number in col E that corresponds to it th...

Debit or Credit notes not updating to GL
Hi, I have problem in GP 10 SP4, accidently removed the link in Tools>Setup>Posting>Posting> :Series:Series Origin: Receivables Sales Entry post to GL not checked, I have checked and tested 1 trsancation and its updating in GL. I have some old trsansaction which not updated in GL, How can i make this whole data to GL, instead of entring one by one. Rgs Saf Hi Saf, I am not aware of any option and I believe there none. "saifu" wrote: > Hi, > > I have problem in GP 10 SP4, accidently removed the link in > Tools>Setup>...

Formatting Cells #13
If you want something from cell (A) to appear in cell (B) and change when the contents of cell A changes, how do I do that? Acurran, =A1 ??? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Acurran" <Acurran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E800CB99-E6BA-4DF3-BCA0-445A89B2E8A8@microsoft.com... > If you want something from cell (A) to appear i...

Highlighting a cell
I would like to highlight a cell for data entry, but I do not want the color to print. Is there a way to acheive this in Excel 2000. Thanks Sandi <File>, <PageSetup>, <Sheet>tab, Under Print, check the "Black & White" box. HTH, RD ==================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so that all may benefit! ==================================================== "Sandi" <ssteines@abprocess.com> wrote in message news:00c601c376eb$2b9a9910$a301280a@phx.gbl... I would like to highlight a ce...

Hard return in wraptext cell?
Is there a way to place a hard return(carriage return) in a cell with wrap text format so as to align text in the way user wants rather than what excel places? Thanks Mark Sure. Where you want a new line just press Alt+Enter. To remove that just place the cursor at the end of the line before the new line and press Delete Tyro "MP" <NoSpam@Thanks.com> wrote in message news:OAFfO3vVIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to place a hard return(carriage return) in a cell with wrap > text format > so as to align text in the way user wants rather than wh...

Totals on Sales Inquiry native windows
We would like to have the totals on the Sales Inquiries: Transaction by Customer Transaction by Document Sales Documents Sales Items Today we can retrieve this information in separated inquiries and reports, be we would like to heve a easier way to see this totals... The same suggest can be applied to Smartlist. If possible, you can create a tool to sum a field after you make a filter I created a screen where you can see all sales, separated by day of week, and week of year, and totals YTD,MTD and WTD, but I am not able to have the same information grouped by item number, for example.....

in MS EXCLE how we can protect only one cell?
plz do repl me soon Hi First select all of the cells in the Sheet>Format>Cells>Protection>remove the check mark form Locked. Next select the single cell you want to be locked>Format>Cells>protection>check Locked. Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet (optionally provide a password - remember to write it down somewhere of you do) -- Regards Roger Govier anu khan wrote: > plz do repl me soon EXCEL 2007 This assumes that you wish to protect cells D 83 to D 85. If you wish to protect just one cell replace D 83 to D 85 (below) with the cell ...

Selecting Cells with Shift Key
When I am selecting cells in Excell, I use the shift key and the arrows on my keyboard. If I pause at all, the selection is lost when I continue with the selection. Why? Can anyone help me? If you have removed your finger from the shift key then Windows will think you are starting a new selection. Just be sure that you don't touch the arrows without the shift being held down. LWhite "Jaymndad" <Jaymndad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:961E850D-AFAD-444C-AB81-F4A609BCB3BA@microsoft.com... > When I am selecting cells in Excell, I use the shift key...

Merge Cells, but keep backgrounds
In excell 2003 is there a way to merge cells so the text spans them all, but keep the current background of the cells (which are not all the same color)? No Try Center Across Selection and avoid merged cells whenever possible. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 30 May 2009 09:16:12 -0700 (PDT), "dan@danirwin.net" <dan@danirwin.net> wrote: >In excell 2003 is there a way to merge cells so the text spans them >all, but keep the current background of the cells (which are not all >the same color)? Is there a way to center across selection vertically or just horizonta...

Data Entry to a Cell Range
Can I set up a data entry form, so if every time I enter a value in a cell, it updates the next empty cell in a range? Thanks Lets assume that the form is used to update cell A1. We require that everytime A1 is updated the new value will be recorded in column B. Put the following event macro in the worksheet code area: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim A1 As Range, t As Range Set A1 = Range("A1") Set t = Target If Intersect(A1, t) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.EnableEvents = False n = Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row...

How set totals of various cells with per colour fill value?
I have a sheet containing values as follows. April May June company 1 43 company 2 5 company 3 17 The cell values are also coured to indice a status. Somewhere beside the table I want to mention the totals of the cells, per status (so per colour). How to perform the latter? Thank you. Bart Excell 2003 See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html for a working solution -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

Remove account from online update #2
I had two Citbank credit cards which I updated through Money(2007). I have cancelled one of the cards. How do I remove that account from the online update? TIA, Joe R In microsoft.public.money, bdog wrote: >I had two Citbank credit cards which I updated through Money(2007). I have >cancelled one of the cards. How do I remove that account from the online >update? If both the same login credentials, I would just mark the cancelled card as Closed in Money. ...

VB Script to update users desktop short-cuts when migrating
Hi, I've just migrated a customer from Small Business Server 2003 to Small Business Server 2008 on a new server. A lot of their users have saved a lot of short-cuts to files and folders in their 'My Documents' to the desktop. These short-cuts all have the OLD server name in the target e.g. \\LSCS01\Anna\MyDocuments\etc etc Does anyone have a script that I can add to logon that checks all shortcuts upon sign-on and updates shortcuts to point the new server ? Regards Michael Sorry I do not know of any. However this is where I try to teach people to use Dr...

Page Breaks on cells
It pops up with putting a page break for every cell then when I am trying to reset them it tells me margins do fit and that it would take it to less than 10% minumum if I try to move them. Jo - Did you ever get an answer to this? I am having the same problem, and it is on a 30-tab workbook that I can't just re-created. I'm getting a page for every cell when I move the page breaks and they used to be fine! Help! :) "Jo Pratt" wrote: > It pops up with putting a page break for every cell then > when I am trying to reset them it tells me margins do fit > and...

Negative Cell Format
I would like to know if a cell can be fomatted negative so that any subsequent entry appears as a negative number with out having to enter the minus sign. If you only want it to "appear" to be negative: Format/Cells/Number/Custom -General;-General;0;@ Note that positive values displayed with the leading minus sign will not be treated as negative in calculations. If you want to have the values automatically be negative, try this event macro (right-click the worksheet tab and choose View Code): Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) With Ta...

date in a text cell
I need to show my date as 06-Dec-2005 in a text cell. Is it possible to have a regular date format in a text cell. Thanks If you format the cell as Text, then you'll have to type in what you want--exactly the way you want to see it. If you don't format it as text, you could type the date in anyway that's a date, then use a custom format of: dd-mmm-yyyy (format|cells|number tab|custom category) Dajana wrote: > > I need to show my date as 06-Dec-2005 in a text cell. Is it possible to have > a regular date format in a text cell. > > Thanks -- Dave Peterso...