Unable to password-protect "VeryHidden" worksheet

Hello

I'm using Excel 2007. In VBE I tried to password-protect a "VeryHidden"
worksheet by going to VBAProject Properties, Protection, check the box on
"Lock project for viewing" and set the password in the boxes as provided.

However, each time I re-open the file (after saving and closing the file),
the worksheet was not protected. When I check the VBAProject Properties, the
check box of "Lock project for viewing" and the "Password to view project
properties" are all back to its original state of unchecked/empty.

Please advise what steps I've missed to do the password protection.

Many thanks
--
exalan
0

There are different 'levels' of protection in Excel
You can password protect the workbook to protect its overall structure
You can password protect individual worksheets to protect their structure
You can password protect the VBA project to protect code from changes.

I think what you want to do is go into the VB Editor and make your
VeryHidden sheet visible for just a moment and then go back into Excel and
select that sheet and use Tools --> Protection --> Protect Sheet and assign a
password to the sheet and then go back into the VB Editor and make the sheet
Very Hidden again.

I'm not certain why your protection of the VBA Project is not working -
sounds to me like you did everything properly to me.   But remember, the
protection of the worksheet is a separate process that is independent of VBA
Project protection.

"exalan" wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm using Excel 2007. In VBE I tried to password-protect a "VeryHidden"
> worksheet by going to VBAProject Properties, Protection, check the box on
> "Lock project for viewing" and set the password in the boxes as provided.
>
> However, each time I re-open the file (after saving and closing the file),
> the worksheet was not protected. When I check the VBAProject Properties, the
> check box of "Lock project for viewing" and the "Password to view project
> properties" are all back to its original state of unchecked/empty.
>
> Please advise what steps I've missed to do the password protection.
>
> Many thanks
> --
> exalan
0
JLatham (219)
5/8/2009 12:13:01 PM
Thanks for the response.

The reason I want to make the worksheet "VeryHidden" is I don't want user to
see the worksheet at all (the way I manage the data in the worksheet, the
formulas used etc...).

It's strange that I still can't do the password-protect in VBA Project when
I can do it in the 2003 version.

--
exalan

"JLatham" wrote:

> There are different 'levels' of protection in Excel
> You can password protect the workbook to protect its overall structure
> You can password protect individual worksheets to protect their structure
> You can password protect the VBA project to protect code from changes.
>
> I think what you want to do is go into the VB Editor and make your
> VeryHidden sheet visible for just a moment and then go back into Excel and
> select that sheet and use Tools --> Protection --> Protect Sheet and assign a
> password to the sheet and then go back into the VB Editor and make the sheet
> Very Hidden again.
>
> I'm not certain why your protection of the VBA Project is not working -
> sounds to me like you did everything properly to me.   But remember, the
> protection of the worksheet is a separate process that is independent of VBA
> Project protection.
>
> "exalan" wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > I'm using Excel 2007. In VBE I tried to password-protect a "VeryHidden"
> > worksheet by going to VBAProject Properties, Protection, check the box on
> > "Lock project for viewing" and set the password in the boxes as provided.
> >
> > However, each time I re-open the file (after saving and closing the file),
> > the worksheet was not protected. When I check the VBAProject Properties, the
> > check box of "Lock project for viewing" and the "Password to view project
> > properties" are all back to its original state of unchecked/empty.
> >
> > Please advise what steps I've missed to do the password protection.
> >
> > Many thanks
> > --
> > exalan
0
exalan (10)
5/9/2009 5:16:00 AM
I understand why you're using the VeryHidden sheet - I do the same myself
from time to time, and I'm sure others do the same for much the same reasons.

Did you manage to get it protected?

To be honest, I don't use 2007 much myself and haven't had occassion to
protect the VBA Project in a 2007 file yet, so I can't talk much about how
well it does or doesn't function.

"exalan" wrote:

> Thanks for the response.
>
> The reason I want to make the worksheet "VeryHidden" is I don't want user to
> see the worksheet at all (the way I manage the data in the worksheet, the
> formulas used etc...).
>
> It's strange that I still can't do the password-protect in VBA Project when
> I can do it in the 2003 version.
>
> --
> exalan
>

> "JLatham" wrote:
>
> > There are different 'levels' of protection in Excel
> > You can password protect the workbook to protect its overall structure
> > You can password protect individual worksheets to protect their structure
> > You can password protect the VBA project to protect code from changes.
> >
> > I think what you want to do is go into the VB Editor and make your
> > VeryHidden sheet visible for just a moment and then go back into Excel and
> > select that sheet and use Tools --> Protection --> Protect Sheet and assign a
> > password to the sheet and then go back into the VB Editor and make the sheet
> > Very Hidden again.
> >
> > I'm not certain why your protection of the VBA Project is not working -
> > sounds to me like you did everything properly to me.   But remember, the
> > protection of the worksheet is a separate process that is independent of VBA
> > Project protection.
> >
> > "exalan" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > I'm using Excel 2007. In VBE I tried to password-protect a "VeryHidden"
> > > worksheet by going to VBAProject Properties, Protection, check the box on
> > > "Lock project for viewing" and set the password in the boxes as provided.
> > >
> > > However, each time I re-open the file (after saving and closing the file),
> > > the worksheet was not protected. When I check the VBAProject Properties, the
> > > check box of "Lock project for viewing" and the "Password to view project
> > > properties" are all back to its original state of unchecked/empty.
> > >
> > > Please advise what steps I've missed to do the password protection.
> > >
> > > Many thanks
> > > --
> > > exalan
0
JLatham (219)
5/9/2009 5:27:01 AM
Yes, I'm able to hide the rows containing data and then protect the worksheet
using Review - Protect Worksheet option. I'll use this option in the
meantime...

Many thanks

--
exalan

"JLatham" wrote:

> I understand why you're using the VeryHidden sheet - I do the same myself
> from time to time, and I'm sure others do the same for much the same reasons.
>
> Did you manage to get it protected?
>
> To be honest, I don't use 2007 much myself and haven't had occassion to
> protect the VBA Project in a 2007 file yet, so I can't talk much about how
> well it does or doesn't function.
>
> "exalan" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the response.
> >
> > The reason I want to make the worksheet "VeryHidden" is I don't want user to
> > see the worksheet at all (the way I manage the data in the worksheet, the
> > formulas used etc...).
> >
> > It's strange that I still can't do the password-protect in VBA Project when
> > I can do it in the 2003 version.
> >
> > --
> > exalan
> >

> > "JLatham" wrote:
> >
> > > There are different 'levels' of protection in Excel
> > > You can password protect the workbook to protect its overall structure
> > > You can password protect individual worksheets to protect their structure
> > > You can password protect the VBA project to protect code from changes.
> > >
> > > I think what you want to do is go into the VB Editor and make your
> > > VeryHidden sheet visible for just a moment and then go back into Excel and
> > > select that sheet and use Tools --> Protection --> Protect Sheet and assign a
> > > password to the sheet and then go back into the VB Editor and make the sheet
> > > Very Hidden again.
> > >
> > > I'm not certain why your protection of the VBA Project is not working -
> > > sounds to me like you did everything properly to me.   But remember, the
> > > protection of the worksheet is a separate process that is independent of VBA
> > > Project protection.

0
exalan (10)

Hide selective sheets "veryhidden"
Hi, I have record this code to get certain sheets hidden. The WB contains lot of sheets and I only want to hide some of them. The code works great as long I dont change it to "xlSheetVeryHidden" The error appears when reaching "ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Visible xlSheetVeryHidden Whats wrong, and is it possible to write code thats not so ugly as thi one? Any help is appreciated //Thomas Sub Hide () Sheets("V25").Select ActiveWindow.ScrollWorkbookTabs Sheets:=25 Sheets(Array("V25", "V26", "V27", "V28", "V29", ...

Deleting veryHidden worksheets
Can a worksheet which is very hidden be deleted without being made visible first? I can manipulate a veryhidden sheet using an object variable, but I either can't get the syntax right to delete it or there is some other problem beyond my limited knowledge. Can someone please shed some light on how to delete such sheets? What I have tried so far: (it fails with a message telling me that I cannot have duplicate names; if I exit the routine after the Worksheets(WBSsht).Delete line, then the sheet is still present under MS Objects. Public WBSsht As Object Option Explicit ...

Toggle VeryHidden Sheet
Can someone help with code to toggle a sheet from visible to VeryHidden and then back to Visible. TIA Greg Greg, Worksheets("yoursheetname").Visible = xlVeryHidden Worksheets("yoursheetname").Visible = True John "Greg Rivet" <gregrivet@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O7Yi0Wk1DHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Can someone help with code to toggle a sheet from visible to VeryHidden and > then back to Visible. TIA > > Greg > > try this. If you have a shape and name it togleit the commented text will change too Sub hide_unhideshee...

Unable to password-protect "VeryHidden" worksheet
Hello I'm using Excel 2007. In VBE I tried to password-protect a "VeryHidden" worksheet by going to VBAProject Properties, Protection, check the box on "Lock project for viewing" and set the password in the boxes as provided. However, each time I re-open the file (after saving and closing the file), the worksheet was not protected. When I check the VBAProject Properties, the check box of "Lock project for viewing" and the "Password to view project properties" are all back to its original state of unchecked/empty. Please advise what steps I...

Sheet hidden and VeryHidden
What is difference between sheet Hidden and Very Hidden? Thanks The biggest difference is whether the user can see (and show) the worksheet via the: Format|sheet|Unhide dialog Marc wrote: > > What is difference between sheet Hidden and Very Hidden? > > Thanks -- Dave Peterson And that you can make a sheet very hidden only via VBA "Dave Peterson" wrote: > The biggest difference is whether the user can see (and show) the worksheet via > the: > > Format|sheet|Unhide dialog > > > > Marc wrote: > > > > What is difference...

Veryhidden
I know how to use veryhidden but one item. I create a new sheet say sheet 4 so I have sheet 1-2-3 and my new sheet 4. I go to veryhidden and it only shows 3 sheets, Is this all veryhidden can handle? Thanks Bob Hi There has to be a minimum of 1 sheet visible in any workbook. -- Regards Roger Govier <www.camaro46368@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5d6jd5l35okt7pkc1i0rq5ab2ltitgrlbs@4ax.com... > I know how to use veryhidden but one item. > I create a new sheet say sheet 4 so I have sheet 1-2-3 and my new > sheet 4. I go to veryh...