totals from list not in order

hi,
I am looking to have all data on one sheet and have total amount of a group
on another sheet, how do i do this??

this may seem simple to experts liek you but today si an off day for me : )
thanks for your help

Drop Down List Question #2
I have a drop down list from 5 cells merged together so as I can read the length easier, I know I cant select a field from merged cells, is there any way that when I select my choice I can get cells either side of my selection A B F 12 Jan Apples $12.00 17 Feb. Pears $14.00 I have B Column as my range in drop down , how can I get the date and price to move as well? What I want to do is select Pears and the date, Item and price would move to say K L P Columns if my drop down list was in L column...

MSN Stock Watch List in Money 2006 Deluxe Portfolio Manager
I inadvertently deleted the MSN Stock Watch list from my Portfolio Manager. Now, despite the list still being in existence under my Passport, I cannot seem to restore it intact into Portfolio Manager via either Money 2006 Deluxe or MSN Money. I'd greatly appreciate any insight from those who may know how to restore this list as an active Portfolio Manager account, which would be much more preferable to creating a new watch list, which would not only not auto-sync with the entries made from the MSN pages, but would also require re-entry of the huge list I have now. I really want m...

File view doesn't list an expected source file
Hi, File view isn't showing a file it should show. One of the last steps needed to add Help support to an existing project is to compile MyProject.hpj. To do this, msdn says that I should go to File view, open the source files list, highlight MyProj.hpj, and then select "Compile MyProject.hpj" in the Build menu. MyProject.hpj is not in the Source files list, thogh. Can someone tell me why it isn't there? The file exists in my project's MyProject\hlp directory as a result of copying the sample project's hlp directory to my project, and renaming the files so th...

Reverse chart column and row order
I'm running Office 2007 and all my charts are showing up in reverse order: I want a bar graph that looks like this: Series 1 -------------------------------->Column 1 Series 1 ------------------------->Column 2 Series 1 ------------------------------------->Column 3 Series 2 -------------------------------------->Column 1 Series 2------------------>Column 2 Series 2-------------------------->Column 3 What I'm getting is: Series 2-------------------------->Column 3 Series 2------------------>Column 2 Series 2---------------------->Column 1 D3M ----------...

Smart List search criteria
It would be helpful if 'ends with' was added as an operator in SmartList's search criteria. ...

hyperlink list in excel that stays put when it jumps to linked cel
I am trying to use internal hyperlinks in a huge sheet but want the hyperlinks to remain in view - and just for good measure, it has to open with the links visible on other machines. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, TIA ...

Increasing recently opened files list
Does anyone know how to increase number of files shown in recently opened files list? Mine shows four, and I'd like eight or ten, the same as I get in all my other MS applications. Any auggestions?? Thanks. tabboo wrote: > Does anyone know how to increase number of files shown in > recently opened files list? Mine shows four, and I'd like > eight or ten, the same as I get in all my other MS > applications. Any auggestions?? Thanks. =================================== What is the name and version of the program you are referring to? -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled...

How do you create a list with name address phone in a column form.
I have an excel file with last name, first address city state in each column. I want to prepare a two column report with each persons name first then address then phone. Can't remember how to print out a different view of excel. Making it look more like a two column word document. Maybe you can use MSWord's MailMerge. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. denise108 wrote: > > I have an excel file with last name, first address city state ...

need excel worksheet help, running total based on date
I am trying to add a series of numbers in different worksheets(same spreadsheet) based upon the date. I don't want the future numbers in the total until the date they are associated with is passed. i.e. in A1 of each worksheet is 200. Each worksheet is titled by date (Mar 5, Mar 19, etc) I want the running total to reflect the amount to the current date. If it's March 18th, the totals would be only thru the worksheet of Mar 5. Any help is appreciated. My solution needs 2 cells, one of which may already be in use: You need a cell on each of the dated sheets that...

Suddenly, to-do list is broken
Good afternoon. Thanks for letting me part of this forum. I am using Outlook 2007. Things have been rolling along very well. Thi morning I closed Outlook while I left for a while. Now that I am back whenever I open Outlook my to-do bar will not display any tasks (no will they show in the task list in the week view of the calendar) Instead, there is a message saying, "The Operation Failed. An objec could not be found." The tasks are still there and I can access the via the tasks tab, but the to-do bar and the calendar are missing th tasks, which is what really made me fall in love w...

Employee Maintance Default Sort Order
Anyone know how to set the default sort order to Last Name instead of Employee ID? I know there was a Dex.ini entry in 7.5 that did this but I can't find it anywhere. If you add the following lines at the top of the dex.ini file, the employee lookup will sort by last name then first name: EmpLookup=2 EmpLookup=3 "Eric Huebschman" wrote: > Anyone know how to set the default sort order to Last Name instead of > Employee ID? > > I know there was a Dex.ini entry in 7.5 that did this but I can't find it > anywhere. > > > > ...

Exchange 5.5 Distribution Lists
I am running in Exchange 5.5/2000 mixed mode and I have noticed that if I change ownership of a distribution list using Exchange Admin, the permissions of that object are not automatically updated (I have to manually give the "owner" the permission needed to add members to the list). Is this some old Exchange 5.5 thing??? ...

delegates permission using a distribution list
I am having problems with permissions on delegates in Outlook. I have a distribution list which has editor rights in a users calendar. When I try and access the calendar it doesn't work. When I go back into the delegates properties again the permission has gone back to NONE. It does however work fine on some clients. Outlook 2000 is being used and Exchange 2003. Convert the DL to a security group. "Gareth Hutchins" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29a401c4ad33$4bb88de0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am having problems with permissions on d...

Listing a selection of data from one worksheet on another
At the moment I have a worksheet with a list of client in one column and then in another column that uses an IF formula to display either the number of days to the deadline or text which says No Deadline. What I want to do is enter some kind of formula so that a list of clients with deadlines between 1 and 7 days appears on another worksheet automatically with the number of days to the deadline next to them. To make it even harder the list is currently in name order but on the new worksheet I would like it to automatically appear in days til deadline order with lowest number of days a...

Sales Order remains open after Invoice transfer
Hi Everyone, Does somebody has a hint to solve this issue : Today a user tried to transfer a Sales Order from SOP windows into an Invoice. There was one item that was out of stock and therefore the system asked what to do ? user answered to backorder all the quantities of that item, since it was down to zero in inventory. Once the Invoice was created, the user realised that the Sales Order was still available in the open orders. She created the Backorder from the INvoice since the item was N/A (zero) and the BO created fine. A new SO was also generated from that BO... So far I've ...

Totals Won't Count Nulls
My Access Table has a columns containing various values, including null. See below. Error Code ------------ A A B C (Null) C D V (Null) I am trying to produce query results where each code is displayed with the number of times it appears by using Totals. Using design view, I drag the column name down twice, click Totals, then change one to "Group" and one to "Count". Fine except that my query results show zero for "Null" no matter how many nulls appear. Why won't it show 2 nulls, for example if the above data was being used? Here...

Adding the users name to a new list item
Is there a way to create a list so that when the logged in user creates a new item, it automatically insert's their user name into a column? I'm creating a time entry list, and don't want the users to have to type their name in every time they add a time record. The controller will review this list once a week and create reports based on the user, client, etc. Thanks in advance! Gavin Use the Created by column. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Gavin Steiner" <gavin@interprom.com> wrote in mes...

Outlook 2003: How to show multiple task lists?
Does anyone know if it is possible to show multiple task lists (i.e. a personal list and a work-related list) side by side in the task list view by default? It's simple in the calendar to show two calendars simultaneously, and it seems completely ridiculous not to include the same functionality in the task list view. Any help would be appreciated. No, but you can use the right click on the additional task list you want to display and select "Open in new window" - then resize your windows to show them side by side. Why would one want to show task lists in the same way as cal...

Replacing values based on a set list
Hi Could anyone help me with this one: - I have an Excel workbook with two worksheets: sheet1 and sheet2. On sheet1, I have 2 columns of data:- Column 1 - CityID Column2 - CityName On sheet2, I have a list of 500 office locations, some of which are in the same city. Sheet2 has several columns, one of which is the city location of the office. I am trying to prepare the Excel sheet ready to import into Access and want to replace each instance of the city location listed on sheet2 with the CityID number from sheet1 where the city is matched. For example: - Sheet 1 CityID CityName 1...

Total VPN Access for SFO
Have been going through this forum and am wondering whether anyone has completely configured SFO over VPN. I'll be shortly visiting our States Sites with a view to installing SFO on their laptops. All access to our UK CRM Server will be over HighSpeed VPN Access. So has anyone installed, configured, accessed, sync'd SFO over VPN? Yes I have configured the SFO totally over VPN. I have to say though that even on a high speed DSL line (2-3mbit) it was not quick. Microsoft always recommends doing the initial install and go-offline of the sfo client while on a corporate network. There a...

Showing Grand Totals in Pivot Charts
I have created a pivot table which contains a Grand Total column. This grand total column displays the sum of the counts for all the columns correctly. This number does not seem to be available to me when I generate a pivot chart. How can I make the grand total from the pivot table display in the pivot chart? Hi Nikki - Unfortunately pivot charts aren't as flexible as regular charts. But you can make a regular chart from pivot table data. Select a blank cell that isn't near the pivot table. In step 2, click on the Series tab, then one by one add the series and the data range ...

how can i make my contact list similar to outlook express?
I want my contact list accessible, similar to Outlook Express. Example: I type a name for an e-mail. I want the name to pop up - not have to type the entire e-mail address. mstrand wrote: > I want my contact list accessible, similar to Outlook Express. > Example: I type a name for an e-mail. I want the name to pop up - not > have to type the entire e-mail address. Outlook and OE are totally separate programs, despite their similar names, and do things differently. Outlook 2000 and earlier have a feature called autoresolve - meaning, you can type the first few letters of a recipie...

Manufacturing Order Routing Sequence is Greyed Out
Hi: I have an MO. It is partially received. Now I wanted to add some more routing sequences but as soon as I select this MO, window gets greyed out. Do any one know why is this? ...

search document for words/phrases from a list
Hello, I have a list of about 200 phrases and words (common technical writing errors not found in default Word grammer/style checker). How can quickly find and highlight the occurences of the words/phrases in a document without tediously using the find/replace function 200 times? I prefer a macro-free method if availabe, since I know little about macros. Another possible route: is there any way to customize the style checker feature of the grammar checker, i.e., add phrases that Word search for which it offers suggestions. There's gotta be some file that has a list the ...

Combination equalling total
I have one large number. I also have numerous other numbers. I know that some combination of the numerous numbers equals the large number. Is there formula/function that would tell me which of the numbers this is? The only code I'm aware of that does this is here: http://www.mrexcel.com/pc09.shtml ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "S. Mac" <S. Mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:250B7E09-33BF-4C2E-9371-C165CA7325B4@microsoft.com... > I have one large number. I also have numerous other numbers. I know that > some combination...