Total of Time

I'm recording the time I spend working on a piece of work in a spreadsheet
along with meeting details etc.
I've 2 columns that are start and finish times and a third that works out
duration.
I then want to total the duration into total hours but I can't find a way to
do this
Any help please
TIA

Assuming your duration is in column C, just use

    =SUM(C1:C100)

XL's default display will "roll over" every 24 hours. To get the actual
total, choose Format/Cells/Number/Custom

    [h]:mm

In article <#NJENCGYEHA.3596@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, "A" <a@a.com>
wrote:

> I'm recording the time I spend working on a piece of work in a spreadsheet
> along with meeting details etc.
> I've 2 columns that are start and finish times and a third that works out
> duration.
> I then want to total the duration into total hours but I can't find a way to
> do this
> Any help please
> TIA
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Fax Line utilization with Start and END time data
I have large list from our fax servers that produces a lof with : Start of FAX Connect date/time, End of Fax Connect date/time I know I have 24 lines but need to find how many lines have I bee using historicaly to do capacity planning. Any suggestions? M -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Excel should let me enter time in one hundreds of a second.
I am a volunteer Track & Field coach for 13 years, and would like to use Excel to keep my team's satistics. But am unable to enter time as minutes, seconds, tenth of seconds, or hundreth of seconds. Probably because I don't know how to do it without converting minutes to seconds. Sure would be nice to be able to enter exact times and query for totals and averages. Hopefully the newer version of Excel/Office will have this capability, and that I can afford it. I would rather use Office then have to purchase a seperate program called "Team Manager" ------------...

Data in a text box depending on the type of data choosing "text" (i.e. Drop ship) or "a time (.i.e. 05:00 PM)
Hi all, If there a way I can have a something on my form that allow me to choose which type of data I will enter into a feild? And whatever the data type entered, the data will appear on my detail section report. I'm explaining, I have form made from a query and that same query came from a table, and have two feilds names in my table which I will like to choose to enter one or the other type od data (i.e. Drop ship) or "a time (.i.e. 05:00 PM) Does anyone have an idea, how this kind of function? can be made. Thanking you in advance for your continuous free support Fred's A...

Showing totals from two columns
Is there a way to show the totals from two columns? For example, say I have the number 15 in column A and 7 in column B, I need column C to look like this: 15, 7 But instead I can only get them to appear together giving me 157??? Are there any suggestions? Thanks! Try A1 & ", " & B1 Art "Kristin" wrote: > Is there a way to show the totals from two columns? > For example, say I have the number 15 in column A and 7 in column B, I need > column C to look like this: > > ...

Exclude hidden data from summary totals
I'm trying to write a formula for a subtotal summary cell that will exclude data when the row is hidden and will not produce error values if data is deleted. They should also allow for the insertion of additional rows of data without requiring additional edits of the formula. The cells need to be totaled so that the data within the cells is added, and not just counted. Which I figured out how to do, I just can't get the formula to add the data i have in the cell. In addition, I need a formula for a grand total cell that will sum all of the data in the subtotal formula cell...

Outlook email
When I want to write an email, I click on 'new' then 'TO:'. On the right side of the screen, it says 'Show Names from the:', and in the white box below, it says Contacts. Problem is, that 'Contacts' file is empty. If I click on the drop down arrow just to the right of the word Contacts, I get a list. The top item in the list, indented slightly to the left, is "Outlook Address Book", which is empty. The other three items in the drop down list are all labeled 'Contacts', but the first one is blank, and the other two have my full contact li...

need help with
Can anyone help me with this problem? I am making a table that will calculate hrs worked. Column B has the hr started. Column C has the end time. Note - the start time can be in the evening and the end time can be in the am of the next day - giving me a negetive number. I would need the easiest way to find the time difference between the two. This would be my column D. I would then need to add these two columns up to figure the total number hrs worked... Thanks! :) -- rvnwdr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rvnwdr's Profile: http://www.e...

Expand capabilities of Time Off requests in Business Portal.
The current capabilities of managing time-off requests in Great Plains is very limited. I would like the ability to set-up more than Vacation/Sick time-off codes, and this should flow through to Business Portal so employees can specify if the time-off is vacation, sick, personal, floating holiday, etc... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the ...

Linking totals in Excel
I want to link totals from a spreadsheet to a summary total block. I would like to structure the detail totals to take care of all possible categories. (One summary total for each category). The detail data from this weeks spreadsheet may not contain data for all categories. How can I have a "place holder for each total"? Next week the summary total that was empty will be full. I have used nested sub totals but can't figure out how to link those without doing it every time the weekly spread is run. if ;you click edit-copy a cell(e.g A1) and then go to another cell (e.g. F...

Totals Query Help!
Hi, I have a table with the following fields: Manufacturer Model Value SoldMonth What I'm trying to do is write a query that will give me an average Value for each month, but I want the average to be based only on records where the Model is consistent across all months. So if Model x is missing from one or more months all records for that model would be excluded from all the overall Monthly averages. So the query will only average records where the Model is present in each month. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Regards.....Jason It'll help us if you can ...

calculating quantity on hand based on date-time stamp
Hello: I am always unclear on the proper syntax for pulling date-related data. I need to pull a field in my query, below, based on the field called "IV00118.CHANGEDATE_I". This is the date in which an end user changed the cost of an item. To give you some background, the IV00102 table in my query below is the Item Quantity Master table, while the IV00118 table is the Item Cost Change History table. The field that I want to pull based on that date field is the IV00102.QTYONHND field. This field is the inventory quantity on hand field. How would I format the syntax bel...

sum of directories does not equal disk total?
I want to clean up my drive and to find out where all the usage was I did a "Properties"inquiry on all the directories. The sum of these is short of the total by 48 of 168 gig used on a 250 gig drive. How do I find out what is using the 48? Thanks Andy AndyM wrote: > I want to clean up my drive and to find out where all the usage was I did a > "Properties"inquiry on all the directories. The sum of these is short of the > total by 48 of 168 gig used on a 250 gig drive. How do I find out what is > using the 48? > Thanks > Andy AndyM wrote: ...

quick way to suppress reading pane totally?
Is there a way to suppress reading pane from appearing all together for outlook 2003? Start Outlook with the /nopreview command line switch. (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP010031101033.aspx) -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "forum.microsoft.com" <newsgrp@noMail.com> wrote in message news:ucgtlnY$HHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to suppress reading pane from appearing all together for > outlook 2003? > ...

Column Totals
Col. C, Row 8 shows: H, AL Col. C, Row 9 shows: 1.0, 1.0 Col. D, Row 8 shows: A, AL Col. D, Row 9 shows: 1.0, 1.0 Col. L, Row 8 shows: A Col. L, Row 9 shows: 7.50 Col. O, Row 8 show: A Col. O, Row 9 to show: 8.50 Col. R, Row 9 show: H, AL Col. R, Row 9 to show: 1.0, 2.0 Columns O and R are the “totals” columns Do you have a question you want answered? Regards, Fred "something68" <something68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73DBA11E-DDB0-44A9-AEE5-68C1961F3947@microsoft.com... > Col. C, Row 8 shows: H, AL Col. C, Row 9 show...

Some date &/or Times will not format
Good afternoon, I've imported some Date & Time data into excell, but when I try to format the colums as either date or time, some of the cells will not formatt. I've been told that sometimes importing data will result in hidden characters that will prevent formatting. Any way to correct this using a formula or other means? ex: 11/27/2009 16:23:00 PM . Best regards, -- Keith Nascarfan88 wrote: > Good afternoon, > > I've imported some Date & Time data into excell, but when I try to format > the colums as either date or time, some o...

"multiple distances versus lowest time for a specific distance"
What is the conditional formatting formula for multiple distances eg 50, 100, 200 in 1 colum to a specific time in another colum. I'm looking for the lowest time for each ditance. see your other post -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "shell aw" <shellaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1FAF66C-CDE3-4459-A059-C5BC8AF8C518@microsoft.com... > What is the conditional formatting formula for multiple distances eg 50, > 100, > 200 in 1 colum to a specific time in another colum. I'm looking for the > lowest time for each ditance. ...

Last Login Time
Hello to all, first off apoligies if this has already been posted but I could not find any information on it. In the system manager a users mailbox will show who was the last person to log on to the mailbox with the date and time stamp. It appears that this information is overwritten if a user logs in, logs out and then logs back in again. I need to know if this logging in and out information is archived or kept somewhere on the server. I want to go back a couple of days and see what users have been logging into a specific mailbox. I've already checked the event logs on the exchange serv...

How to show current date and time
Hello, I want to show current date and current time in a single cell. I have tried by using today() and now() functions separately, i dont know how to use together in a sigle cell. I want like 28-Mar-06, 12.05 PM. Also I want to add text to it. Like Report for 28-Mar-06. Experts please help me Thanks Ravi -- vsr_kmb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ vsr_kmb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32834 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=527066 Try this: ="Report for "...

running total #N/A problem
hi, i am trying to make a stock register. I have the following row fields: Product, transaction_date and following data fields: receipt, issue, balance (balance is a calculated field whose formula is receipt - issue and shown as running total with base of transaction_date) it is running perfectly allright till i add one more row field called transaction_no after transaction_date. the running total column gives me a #N/A. I am trying to make a stock register that shows the product, dates and transaction no's of each product and five a running total at the end of every transaction. i...

how to build expression with conditins and totals
Ok... I have 3 tables (tbJOBS, tbDept1, tbDept1_DwnTime) and a query that returns: all the jobs ran on range of days ( criteria: between day1 and day2); the time it took to set up; the time it tooke to produce; and, the down time for each job. I was asked to seperate the SetUp's DownTime from Production's DownTime so I added a check box on the "tbDept1_DwnTime" table. Now, my boss can tell if the down time belongs to the setup time or the production time. This works fine. Now, I'm being asked to have the report (query), automatically substract the dow...

Access Template for Maintaining In Time & Out Time of Employee's
I require any Access templates for Maintaining Employees In Time & Out Time (Break Out & In) Data. Hope someone can able to help. -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- Have you searched on-line, or at Microsoft's site for "time-clock" applications or templates? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in t...

not enough memory or disk space to display or print the picture after 1st time

hyperlinks to external website open new window every time
I have several hundred links in my spreadsheet all pointing to the same website. The problem is, when I click on any link, Excel opens a NEW browser window every time. This is especially annoying since the website they all go to requires me to login every time. Is there any way to prevent Excel from opening a new browser window every time? OS: Windows 2000 SP 4 App: Excel 2002 I don't believe that this is possible without programming a solution. I have overcome this limitation of Excel using mainly Windows API calls. If you're interested in this solution, drop me an EMail. If ...

combine date and time cells
I have a data recorder that records start and start time. When I export the data out of the device it comes across with date in one cell [=DATE(104,1,27)] January 27, 2004, and time in another [(=TIME(3,16,12)] 03:16:12 AM in Lotus 123 format. I open in excel and have tried to combine the two cells using the "&" key but can't get the result to yield a date and time in Excel. The formula that I used to combine the two cells is "=U7&" " & V7" where U7 and V7 are date and time respectively. I have also tried the formula as "=U7&...

Hid and unhide and clear contents for specific columns at the same time
I have a serious problem with excel programming and i am not able to figureout how to do the following funtions. I have 24 columns. names Jan -Dec ( Actual) then Jan- Dec (Forecast). There is one reference cell A1 ( for current month). - If A1= Jan, I want macro to hide FEB-DEC 9 Actual , and leave FEB-DEC (forecast). -If A1= FEB , I want macro to unhide FEB Actual and hide MAR-Dec ( actual) and at the same time clear contents in FEB (forecast) and hide feb (forecast ). ANd so on I would really appreciate if somene could help me figure out this problem. Thanks Use one of these in the...