Total number of days between 2 dates

Just need to be able to input a date in column A and B then get it to
calculate total days in column C across the columns and at the bottom of the
column

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 05:00:02 -0700, guillottes
<guillottes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Just need to be able to input a date in column A and B then get it to
>calculate total days in column C across the columns and at the bottom of the
>column

C:	=B-A
Format as General or as Number with zero decimals
--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)

How do do auto Heading Numbers like in Word?
In Word you can have Chapter Numbers, Heading Numbers.....where the number can auto-increment (or decrement). I am looking for a similar feature in Excel. Basically I have an Excel spreadsheets like this: ========================================= Scenario #1----> : (calculations) .. ------------------------------ Scenario #2---------> : (calculations) .. ----------------------------- Scenario #3 : (calculations) .. ========================================= So I want the "Scenario #1" to be an auto-number, like heading numbers in Word. So if I delete or insert...

count a pair of numbers in row in a table
Hello, my question is: we have the following table: 34 29 13 15 7 15 8 40 11 24 13 6 8 21 38 9 17 23 1 4 22 38 42 37 16 1 18 11 37 41 5 42 18 33 45 9 1 21 41 15 41 1 27 23 42 23 29 7 38 18 42 12 26 34 36 and this one in another sheet 1 2 3 1 2 3 I want to fill the second table with the sum of how many times the numbers if each row and column appear in the same row in the first table. for example: how many time the numbers 2 and 3 appear together in the same row on the first table Nik, Assume t...

CRM 3.0/4.0: Views to show record that is created X Days Ago
I have a simple requirement to create a View with condition that the record is created x days ago, for example the record that is created 3 days ago. The only operator that is available for datetime (e.g. createdon) is only Last X Days, which if i show Last 3 Days, will show the records that were created today, yesterday, and 2 days ago. Is there any operator or any way to show the record that were created 3 days ago? I try to put condition "createdon Last 3 Days" and "NOT createdon Last 2 days", but there is no "NOT" operator in CRM. I try to insert new attribut...

"TOOLS" menu missing from menu bar #2
"TOOLS" menu is completely missing from the menu bar in Publisher 2003. How do I put it back? Might try a "detect and repair" Meanwhile, right-click a toolbar, click customize, scroll down to built-in menus, drag the tools menu to your toolbar. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Anil Gupta" <AnilGupta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C7ADC1E-A6E9-4F01-8C06-01B92AC7B97B@microsoft.com... > "TOOLS" menu is completely missing from the menu bar in Publisher 20...

Creating a Combination Bar Chart with 2 Lines
I am trying to create a bar chart with 2 line series. The Y-axis for the vertical bars would be on the left and the Y-axis for the 2 line series would be on the right (3 series were defined). The horizontal axis for all series are calendar months (Jan, Feb, etc.) Every time I setup the chart my chart only displays a single line, ignoring the other line series. The vertical bars come out fine. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? Thanks Bill Falzone Don't use the built in types. Make the chart using all columns. Select a series that you want to change (click on it right in th...

Vista, MS Access 2003 and MS ADO Ext 6.0 vs 2.x
I am running into an issue with MS Access 2003 installed on Vista. Apparantly in the MS ADO Ext 6.0 version either (format, round, or sum) is not in that DLL. However, when I link to v2.8 of the DLL, I don't have an issue. I am getting the following error message when running my query. "Function is not available in expressions in query expressions." Does anyone have other workarounds? I am distributing this application in an MDE format, so I was wondering if the end users may experience issues, if I link to my version of msadox.dll instead of the installed version. I tried s...

Format cells with dates
Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is changed. for example, when I input monday's date, tue, wed, thur, etc will follow suit. Pat, Assuming the first date is in A1 B1: =A1+1 C1: =B 1+1 etc. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:115681B0-348E-447E-BB1F-F8347CFDB19B@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is...

Cannot Start Outlook #2
I have just run the auomatic windows update on my local PC and now Outlook 2000 will not start. It just hangs at the splash screen. Outlook is configured to connect to Exchange. Other PCs on the same Lan which have not been updated can still connect. The updates installed were 824141, 823182, 826232, 825119, 828035, 828749. I have unistalled all of these updates and Outlook still will not start. Any ideas? Does it start if you run this command from the command line, go to Start > Run > type "outlook /safe" without the quotes but with the space before the Forward slash &...

2 Email domains w/2 Act. Dir. Domains - Same Forest
Hello, Scenario: We've had domain1.com (AD) setup and running in exchange 2003 for a year now w/mixed win2k and win2k3 servers - email domain name is the same, domain1. OWA works great and haven't had any problems. Our company is branching out into a new business segment and I've created a new active dir. domain within the same forest, domain2.local. It is NOT a child domain, but does sit under the same forest. I need to configure my front end/back end exchange 2003 boxes to do the following: -receive email for both email domains (domain1.com and domain2.com) -let users...

Search Multiple Worksheets #2
Is there a way to search trough multiple worksheets for a specific value? Other posts have mentioned to use VBA, but I have never used that before. If anyone can give me some advice on using that or a type of formula to perform that can search multiple worksheets. Thank You There may be other ways but, while holding down the ctrl key select each of the worksheet tabs you want to search in then select Edit|Find from the menu. Type in the value you want and it will go to the first instance of that value. Now if you are wanting to preserve a specifice value for reference or ???, then...

Arranged by date
Is it possible to set up extra ranges for the arrange by groups in Outlook 2003. For example I would like to extend "arrange by date" to group emails by 2 months ago, 3 months ago, ... last year, 2 years ago...... Currently everything that is older than 1 month gets grouped as "Older" Any ideas. Regards Alex Weatherall ...

System date
The system date is correct for todays date. Maybe last October it off by a year? Hank ...

Conditional Formula based on previous date + 30
I have a spread sheet that caluclates when proposals expire. Date Sent Follow Up date January 13, 2010 February 12, 2010 What I am looking for is for the Follow up date to turn RED when the date is expired (over the date listed). Just use CF with a formula of =B2>TODAY() -- HTH Bob "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66DE65F1-F041-434C-86A7-B13635C6914F@microsoft.com... >I have a spread sheet that calu...

Restricting number of viewings?
Without using macros, is there a way to allow someone to view an application only once or twice, after which point they could no longer view the spreadsheet (for example, if I want to send a worksheet sample that I don't want to be used permenantly). I don't think so, you can restrict access with macros but this can be overcome by opening the workbook with macros disabled. You can also write code to prevent a workbook being opened unless macros are enabled, but this is overcome quite easily by anyone with a little knowledge of Excel and VBA. In short, Excel is not designed for securit...

How to goto cell containing specific date
Thought I asked this before, but can't find the thread w/ my question or any replies... I have a worksheet wih a full year's dates in the cells running down a colum, with other data for each date in the the adjacent columns; Instead of scrolling up & down to a cell with a specific date I'm looking for, is there another way to goto a cell containing a specific date? (e.g., today(), or another specific date) In case this is pertinent: the date series begins with the entry of one date (e.g., 01/01/2010 in cell A1), with the dates in subsequent rows arrived at ...

print area #2
i cannot clear print area. when i select the print area and 'file', 'print area',the options are not available. any suggestions? When you use this command, Excel creates a range "print_area". Try deleting that range. Stan Scott New York City "bronxxbabe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78dc01c476a2$31509280$a401280a@phx.gbl... > i cannot clear print area. when i select the print area > and 'file', 'print area',the options are not available. > any suggestions? Perhaps you have two or more ...

HTTP Error 401.2
Hi, I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on my Domain controller running windows 2003 standard server and email router on exchange 2003. My local ip subnet is 172.0.0.x With ms vpn connection, I can access to ms crm by using outlook 2003 or internet explorer by opening the default ms crm page remotely. However, if i connect to ms crm with different subnet 10.0.0.x, i cannot connect to ms crm. 10.0.0.x subnet is routed to 172.0.0.x, where my users normally login email from the exchange 2003. What puzzle me is why i can authenticate from exchange 2003 but not ms crm server on using the same...

backup same set of servers from 2 DPM 2007 servers
I am changing the DPM server 2007. However, I would like to take this opportunity to revise all protection groups so that I can restore bare-metal any server from a single lTO-4 tape if possible. During this "transitional period," I would like to leave the existing backup settings on the older DPM server to continue to run while adding jobs to the new DPM server. Looks like to me that I have to re-install the agent on all servers so that they can be recognized by the new DPM server. IS there a better way to do this if my plan is possible at all? Thanks Bill ...

how to count if the value falls between a date range
example 1/1/2005 1/2/2005 = 2 2/1/2005 2/2/2005 = 2 I am trying to get the ount if the value is between 1/12005 and 1/3/2005 and similarly 2/1/2005 and 2/3/2005 =countif(a1:a10,">="&date(2005,1,1)) - countif(a1:a10,">"&date(2005,1,3)) (I'm not sure what between means--include the end dates or not???) joe wrote: > > example > 1/1/2005 > 1/2/2005 = 2 > 2/1/2005 > 2/2/2005 = 2 > > I am trying to get the ount if the value is between 1/12005 and 1/3/2005 and > similarly 2/1/2005 and 2/3/2005 -- Dave Peterson Dave, ...

Page numbering 12-04-09
I have taken the trouble to review all the related previous posts but do not see the answer to meet my needs. I have a 7 page document which consists of a front and back cover 2 pages each and so far 3 pages of report. Page 2 is followed by a section break next page while page 5 is followed by a section break next page. In addition I also put a section break at the end of the document which I should not need. Numbering starts on page 3 as page 1 of Y which seems to work fine. However, page 4 and 5 do not display page numbers while page 6 displays page 1 of 6 and page 7 i...

How can I go to a specific page number in a large document
How do I go to a specific page number in a large word document. Read the replies to your earlier identical post -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "yisaajao" <yisaajao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFC4289D-FC93-4C1B-951B-DB08CED833...

Using a Total from a Sub Report
I have a report for Orders, and a subreport for each Order for Invoices. The subreport shows the total amount for Invoices against each Order. The Orders are grouped by Area. On the Area header/footer I have an Order total. I now want to show the total of ALL Invoices by the Order total. Please can someone tell me as simply as possible how to do this? For ease I will call my main report ORDERS and my subreport INVOICES. Any help is greatly appreciated - I have searched through relevant questions but have not found an expression that works! I would create a totals query t...

moving publisher #2
I bought a computer with publisher bundled (no cd). Now I want to put it on my new laptop. How do I move it from the desktop computer to the laptop???? Cliff without the source CD...you don't. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Cliff" <Cliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336C1CBE-2A51-4B62-B83D-46C35C557B74@microsoft.com... > I bought a computer with publisher bundled (no cd). Now I want to put it > on > my new laptop. How do I move it from the desktop computer to the > laptop???? > > Cliff I...

Average speed #2
Hi all Having trouble working out average speed. miles in a1 =14.3 time in B1 = 0:50:23 this cell has been formatted to HH:MM:SS The formula A1/B1 brings back the wrong answer if I alter to A1/(B1*24) still does not work correctly. Advise please. Thanks Jon "jon" <jon@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4659eb9a$1_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net... > Hi all > Having trouble working out average speed. > > miles in a1 =14.3 > time in B1 = 0:50:23 this cell has been formatted to HH:MM:SS > > The formula A1/B1 brings back the wrong answer if I al...