To Hyperlink or save as Webpage?

I'm trying to do an inventory summary page for work.  We have a
classification system set up and when the summary page is shown, I'd like it
to link to the active inventory sheet but not just the sheet.  I'd like it to
go directly to the cells it references.  In the summary sheet, I may have
something like 2.1 (accounting records), 14 cubic feet, located in equipment
# 5.  Where I have 2.1, I'd like that to link back to the inventory sheet
that lists each vendor, not just the sheet itself.

I hope this makes sense because it's confusing to even me!!

Thanks in advance, Michelle
0
Michelle (113)

It sounds like a relatively sophistigated version of the Advanced Filter
might do for you.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Michelle" wrote:

> I'm trying to do an inventory summary page for work.  We have a
> classification system set up and when the summary page is shown, I'd like it
> to link to the active inventory sheet but not just the sheet.  I'd like it to
> go directly to the cells it references.  In the summary sheet, I may have
> something like 2.1 (accounting records), 14 cubic feet, located in equipment
> # 5.  Where I have 2.1, I'd like that to link back to the inventory sheet
> that lists each vendor, not just the sheet itself.
>
> I hope this makes sense because it's confusing to even me!!
>
> Thanks in advance, Michelle
0
CLR (807)

Automatic Files Saves
In previous versions of Excel it was possible to setup periodic automatic saves that would prompt the user to save. I am not looking for the auto-recovery save. Is there an add-in or update that can be installed to do the same thing in Version 2002. ...

Excel File Edited and Saved in Word
A user mistakenly opend a excel file in word, edited it, and then saved with the excel extention in word. Now this file could not be opened in excel. Is there any way to get the file back in excel? Thanks a lot in advance for any help!!! Sorry, but that file is gone. I hope you have a backup or have sent it to someone as an attachment. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Ping" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d8701c3a3dc$185b38f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > A user mistakenly opend a excel file in word, edited it, &...

Hyperlink #8
Does anyone know why I cant insert a hyperlink in a shared worksheet? Hi this is a restriction of shared workbooks. Only hyperlinks inserted BEFORE sharing the workbook work, no chance to insert new ones -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Nick wrote: > Does anyone know why I cant insert a hyperlink in a shared > worksheet? ...

How do I save a picture from word into my pictures?
I have recently installed Office 2007. I am unable to copy and paste a picture from word 2003 onto publisher 2007. So I tried to save the picture into my pics and then insert but I can't do that either. Please help. Unique wrote: > I have recently installed Office 2007. I am unable to copy and paste > a picture from word 2003 onto publisher 2007. So I tried to save the > picture into my pics and then insert but I can't do that either. > Please help. ============================ Maybe the following links will help: (555171) WD: How To Extract Embedded Im...

saving the same file in different places at a time
hi, i have an excel file in one system when i update this file, is it possible some range of cells in this file to be saved in the different system also how do i give a link to the other file? appreciate, if anyone could help Sounds like you want to paste a link so that the cell will update every time the other cell gets new info... To do this, say you want to link cell A1 to cell A7...click on cell A7 and click copy...Go to cell A1 and click paste...Then (if you have Excel 2003), click on Edit/Paste Special/Paste Link and you now have youe link...The "Paste Link" Button ...

T/F Can't set Hyperlink base from within macro
Excel 2000. I wanted to set the Hyperlink base from within a macro. Then I read: "BuiltinDocumentProperties Property Returns a DocumentProperties collection that represents all the built-in document properties for the specified workbook. Read-only." Among the listed built-in properties is "Hyperlink Base". Putting that together with "read only", I deduce that although I can set the Hyperlink Base as a user, this cannot be done via a macro. Am I correct or is there a loophole somewhere that would allow me to do this? Chris Beall Hi Chris: Sub chris3() ...

Hyperlink issue
I have a couple of anomolies with excel hyperlinks. I have a spreadsheet created by copying text from an HTML file (saved web page). It has some cells with hyperlinks. These hyperlinks work fine. When I create a new hyperlink to similar page on the same site thing work the same as the copied hyperlinks. I create this the same was as I create the malfunctioning one as below. This page yeilds a normal working hyperlink - (see last paragraph) http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=1972 HOWEVER, when I create a new hyperlink, to a different page on the same site (a link to one of the...

Auto save / data recovery
My pc has crashed without me having saved my flowchart, does Visio have an auto save function and is there any way I can recover my data. Regards Rob Under Tools \ Options \ Save, there is Autosave available but it is not turned on by default -- -ronnie [MS] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Rob Stevenson" <rob.stevenson@prestigemedical.co.uk> wrote in message news:0a4101c36c8c$767a3e90$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My pc has crashed without me having saved my flowchart, > does Visio have an auto save function and is ...

Hyperlinks #32
Is there a way to force hyperlinks in Excel to open in the Internet Explorer window that is open instead of opening a new window? I need the links to open in the window I'm logged into. Thanks, Laura Laura, I hope you can help me to fix my problem. I cannot open hyperlinks neither in excel nor in word. The following message is displayed: "Unable to open http\:...........\ No program is registered to open this file". I have office 2003. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Armando "Laura" wrote: > Is there a way to force hyperlinks in Excel to open in...

Send and save a message in folders
Is it possible to send and save a message in a folder like it is with Lotus Notes? A simple function asking in which folder I would to save my send mail. I would like to save all messages to one adress in one folder. Anders, As far as i know Exchange doesn't have a function like that. In outlook you can creat a rule that stores sent messages to specific custom made folders in Outlook Rgds, Jelle There's no setting to ask on sending but you can have rules move sent messages based on criteria "anders bitzer" <andersbitzer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

How do I set up a template to save time typing names
I have to send a lot of e-mails to the same people, and always more than one person. How do I set up a template so that I don't have to keep typing who it is to and who I am 'Cc' to? traceyella <traceyella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have to send a lot of e-mails to the same people, and always more > than one person. How do I set up a template so that I don't have to > keep typing who it is to and who I am 'Cc' to? Create your message, but instead of sending it, save it as an OFT. WHen you want to send it, forward it from your Drafts fold...

How to save settings for my printer to print doublesided from exce
When I print doubled sided in word everything goes fine but whenever I try to print doublesided from excel and I go for advanced on my printer and check the boxes for it and then klick ok - after that I go in there to check that it's ok and then all my settings are gone.. Why and how can I change this so that I can print double sides in excel aswell? ...

Saving Word attachment
I cannot save an open attached Word document in Outlook. The top bar flashes and I have to press control+Alt+delete to turn it off. The only way I can save it is to open Word program outside of Outlook, and then go to outlook, and then save the attached Word document. What's wrong? I can save all other Office documents...excel, powerpoint with no problem. How can I fix the problem? ...

exporting/saving recent files list
I'm getting a new computer. Is there a way to save the "recent files" list that is available in each of my Office programs? (Does anyone know where Office saves these shortcuts?) http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/browse_thread/thread/bd58b46fe9c11ef9/853766524964c427?lnk=gst&q=recently+opened#853766524964c427 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "vabki" wrote: > I'm getting a new computer. Is there a way to save the "recent files" list > that is available in each of my Office programs? (Do...

Can I save and email a merged schedule
I've been able to merge the schedules but I've been unable to send the consolidated file via email. What am I doing wrong? Remove the links and e-mail it. Doubleclick on the inserted projects, go to the Advanced Tab, and deselect the option to link to a file. That will embed the inserted project into the master. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I've been able to merge the schedules but I've been unable to send the > consolidated file via email. What am I doing wrong? > ...

Hyperlink to cell within the same Workbook
I Have a workbook with about 30 sheets, I named cells contained essential information. With so many sheets I decided to make another one and I call it Summary. In this sheet I created a search with 3 droplists that are linked to functions. Know I need make a link to the cell that contains the result of my search, so I can see the items that have contributed for the result. I have tried the funtion "Hyperlink" but it only works with files or url and I can't make it work within the workbook. How can I make a hyperlink within an workbook? Make an hyperlink to a cell in a...

Excell keeps closing when I try to save a workbook. Any ideas!
I am using Excell in Office 2007. Every time I try to save my workbook the program shuts down. It's also happening in Word. I've put my Office disc and ran the repair, however it is still crashing. ...

Password is not saved by Outlook
Outlook 2000 will not save my internet e-mail password under account properties. I check the 'save password' box and enter the password, but it does not get saved. To my knowledge, I have no application running that disables autocompletion of passwords. I recently switched over form Outlook Express 2000 where I was having no such problems. Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated. Thanks. Dave wrote: > Outlook 2000 will not save my internet e-mail password > under account properties. I check the 'save password' box > and enter the password, but it does...

Do you want to save changes?
Everytime a shared workbook is opened and then closed without changes being made to it, users are prompted by the following: This document has been modified. Do you want to save changes? Yes: Saves your changes. No: Discards your changes. Cancel Keeps this document open. Using excel 2002. Again, no changes are made and the prompt still comes up. Thanks in advance for any help. NWH Hi not sure but could be a 'feature' of shared workbooks. another reason could be the use of volatile functions: http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsi.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel...

A Save Operation on table 'RM_Applied_OPEN' deadlock was detected.
Hi, After applying a cash receipt to an invoice (the amount is supposed to be applied to two invoices), the error message "A Save Operation on table 'RM_Applied_OPEN' deadlock was detected" appears. You have two options, OK and More Info. After clicking on OK, the entire amount was applied to the first invoice and can't be unapplied. Deleting the cash receipt (since it is not yet posted) did not unapply the amount to the first invoice. Any ideas? Thanks, Yoyo ...

reference a chart from another worksheet witha hyperlink
Dear experts, would like to reference a chartsheet form another worksheet of the same workbook (to put an explanation of what each chart in the workbook does, put the name of the chart aside, on which you can click to go directly on that chart). I have done it for some worksheets with the "hyperlink" function, but this does not work for charts... Could you please help me? Many thanks in advance! Best regards, -- Valeria Valeria - You can't hyperlink to a chart sheet, as you've discovered. You can fake it with a simple macro, as described in the Charting FAQ: http...

Excel not prompting for save on exit
A co-worker has had something happen to his excel settings that is causing Excel not to prompt him to ask if he wants to save his work when he closes a spreadsheet. I have searched in vain for the setting that controls this. I am sure that this is something very simple that I should know, but if anyone could help me past this brain fart I am currently having, I would appreciate it. -- jim37055 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jim37055's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27788 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Saving as Binary
Well new to Office 2007 anyway. I posted this question in General Questions on 29th March - no reply as yet. If binary is more efficient speed and space-wise, why isn't it the default format? I'm trying to find out what the downside is before I save a majorly important, large file with heaps of macros in binary. If it isn't the default there must be a reason - a down side - but I can't find anything in Help to tell me. Anyone know? ...

Saving the Autorecovery file is postponed for normal
For some reason I've started to get this message appear regularly. Can anyone suggest how to get rid of it please? -- basils57 The message will occur when you have the option set to save autorecovery information and for whatever reason it cannot save the recovery file at the time interval requested. You can turn off the saving of autorecovery information, but it would be better to investigate why it cannot save. I find that this sometimes occurs when programming in the vba editor. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><&...

how can i disable the automatic 'do you want to save' pop up in e.
I have an excel workbook that recieves its information from Access and I do not want to save the information, how can I stop the automatic pop up ' do you want to save this workbook' as my automatic response is to click on the save now button. Hi Spindrift, Right-click the Excel icon at the extreme left of the Menu bar | View Code | paste : Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Me.Saved = True End Sub --- Regards, Norman "Spindrift" <Spindrift@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:984C9FB2-EC92-461F-B891-47A4BC74C838@microsoft.c...