Time recognized as a whole number?

I want to use a time value presented in hours and minutes as a number that
can be used to multiply to get a value.  ie. so many hours and minutes
equals a number and using that number times a dollars per hour number to get
a gross.

0
morrib (2)

Did you suddenly change your clock?

See previous post.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

sandymann2@mailinator.com

"Bob Morrison" <morrib@chartermi.net> wrote in message
>I want to use a time value presented in hours and minutes as a number that
>can be used to multiply to get a value.  ie. so many hours and minutes
>equals a number and using that number times a dollars per hour number to
>get a gross.

0
sandymann2 (1054)

Time Clock #4
Is there a way to print a reciept when a associate punches in or out? -- Thank you Terry ...

Pressing send multiple times
Everytime I try to send an email, I have to push send 3 to 6 times in order for it to be sent. I've downloaded service packs to try and fix the problem, but nothing has fixed it. I've contatced my isp and they checked my internet settings and they're all correct. Can anyone help me fix this???? ...

Sync takes a lot of time
Hello, Syncronizing log and merge agent history show a lot of downloads each time the user sync. It's clear to me that for the first time (initial snapshot) it takes time, but why it makes so many downloads afterwards? Any ideas? Thanks. Inna. ...

Problem with phone numbers on leads bulk import
I hope someone here can help me. We're running CRM 3.0. I have a .csv file that I'm trying to import into CRM's leads and I'm having a weird issue with the phone numbers field. I've only got about 10 fields to import, I'm mapping the phone numbers collumn in my csv file to the Phone Numbers 1 field in CRM. When I do the import, I get no errors and all the data shows up on the lead car EXCEPT the phone number. I check the LeadBase table directly and all of the records read <NULL> in the phone number 1 field. I tried mapping it to the other phone number...

Calculating Time #5
I need to calculate hours to be worked in one cell. This spreadsheet will caluclate the hours scheduled for the week, then add them up and mulitply by payrate: 1 Mon(2) tue(3) wed(4) thurs(5) total hours A Employee {8am-1pm) (9am-3pm) (5:30pm-11pm) ??? the question mark marks where i need the formula Hi STephen: Use two cells for a day the start time and the end time. You can then do calculations on the time as in B2=mon start C2=mon finish tue d2,e2 wed f2,g2 thur h2,i2 total j2=c2-b2+e2-d2+g2...

Time
I need to enter negative time value (hour and minutes) in a table calculating tides for secondary ports, for example 13:00 hours minus a negative value such as 00:15 hours, i.e., 13:00 - (-00:15). Excell will not allow negative time entry, is there any other way? Appreciate your assistance Regards Mark Zak Tools>options>calculation and 1904 date system will allow you to do calculations that return negative time. Note that all dates created earlier will have 1462 days added to them To convert back put 1462 in an empty cell, copy it, select the dates and do edit>paste specia...

Run-Time Error '1004' #2
Dear Jon Sub PrintPivotCharts() 'prints a chart for each item in the page field Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField Dim pi As PivotItem Set pt = ActiveChart.PivotLayout.PivotTable For Each pf In pt.PageFields For Each pi In pf.PivotItems pt.PivotFields(pf.Name).CurrentPage = pi.Name ActiveSheet.PrintPreview 'use this line for testing ' ActiveSheet.PrintOut 'use this line for printing Next Next pf End Sub Many thank -- TJonesEs ----------------------------------------------------------------------- TJonesEsq's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

I accidently turned on my filterkeys, now I can use my number pad
My numbers above keypad also are in shift position, like if I type 1, it comes out ! I also can't highlight just one cell, it selects a group of them. For the group selection, try pressing F8 which toggles extended selection ("EXT" appears in the bottom status bar when it is on). There are some other ways to do this (menus as well as different key combinations), but unfortunately, I have drawn a blank... I have a feeling that if that does not work that one of your Shift keys is stuck, or malfunctioning. Hope this helps, Jim -- I appreciate any feedback. Please don'...

Time to import translations
Hey, I have a question about the time it take to import translations. I have CRM 4.0 environment with base language English and 6 additional languages. I exported the labels for translation and translated the labels for one language. I started the import on Friday afternoon, on Monday morining the Import Translated Text window was still there. How long does an import of translantions take?? Kind Regards, Mirella ...

Outlook 2003 crashes every time I send mail with attachments / embedded images
Any time I send an e-mail where there is an attachment over 1MB or if there are embeded images in the message Outlook will crash and restart. When it restarts I look in sent items and the message has been sent ok. Why is it crashing and how do I fix it? Thanks. ...

limits the number of recipients
Hi MVP's, I have one issue. Exchange 2003, Windows server 2003 R2. I have on Query based DL 'All users' which is set to query all exchange recipients in users OU. Number of users in the OU is about 8000+. When sending email to 'All users' I receive an NDR as The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be addressed in a single message. Send the message multiple times to fewer recipients. <lormail02.group.local #5.5.3>. In Exchange console Global setting limit recipient number is set to 5000. When I change this numb...

Number to text (Checkbook)
could anybody tell me how to set Excel to write out a number in English? I need a way for Excel to refer to a number in one cell/worksheet and turn it into a checkbook type nuber in another (e.g., "112.19" becomes "One Hundred Twelve and 19/100" or "One Hundred Twelve Dollars and 19 cents" ). Please Help! Have a look here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q95640 -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always apprecia...

Need to automaticly add zeros to the beginning of all my numbers.
hi, Chris wrote: <nothing> 0 + 1 = 1 So what do you like do do? Maybe it is sufficent for you to set an approbriate Format string in the property editor for your control, e.g. 0000. Otherwise you may consider using = "0" + CStr(yourNumber) as ControlSource. mfG --> stefan <-- "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4182D1A1-95B3-46E1-BCD2-A194BE5129DB@microsoft.com... > Include zeros in the format property of the field. For example: to have 123 changed to 00123, place 00000 in the format property. Julie ...

Response Time Rubbish
I am using Money 2004 UK version(bought in 2005). I keep about 600 transactions in detail and have archived 2006 and earlier data. My backup file is 2 meg. My response time is 10 seconds plus. Any recommendations on how to speed things up? All comments appreciated Alec IF you had a US version, my recommendation would be to upgrade to M07 and go down the Nuke The Bills path. Sadly, there is no M07 for UK, so I can't offer any decent recommendations. "Alec" <Alec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11EA7DB9-CDE5-40DF-A922-A4A506D71F5D@microsoft.com....

How to convert number to text
Hi, Need your professional guys' help. How can I conver specific inot specific text in excel table, not only one data. I had used "TEXT" function, EX: =TEXT(2,"good"). It was work but only applied on one data input. My Question is: 1) How can I apply server "TEXT" functions into one Excel sheet at one click? Thanks in advance. Hi why not use 'Edit - Replace' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Goody" <Goody@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8957703A-8D72-42B8-9356-7519492FC4DA@microsoft.com... &g...

PPTX Kiosk-Mode Reset Timing Issue
I am trying to find a way to extend the reset time (five minutes) while running in Kiosk mode. Does anyone know of a way??? Thanks Chiraq has a free AddIn that might help http://officeone.mvps.org/kioskassist/kioskassist.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "seanokenney" wrote: > I am trying to find a way to extend the reset time (five minutes) while > running in Kiosk mode. Does anyone know of a way??? > > Thanks Will give it a sho...

highlighting cells when reaching certain numbers
I have a "number of days of sick" column on my spreadsheet, and i would like to know if theres a function that could fill the cells with a colour when that certain person has reached a certain number of days of sick? e.g. cell turns read when it hits 10 onwards. Thankyou Chris, you can use conditional formatting, select the cell you want to change color then format conditional formatting, cell valve is, greater than or equal to 10 and pick red for your pattern -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can ...

How do I display the row number
I have to reate a formula in Cell E8 that will search cells A18 thru A32 looking for the date on 09/16/2006. When it finds it I need to display the row number in cell E8. I am new to excel and I have tried MATCH and VLOOKUP but get an #NA error with both. HELP PLEASE!! Thanks Dianne You have already received multiple answers to your first post in the functions ng, please refrain from multiposting. If not a single one of those answers worked reply in that same thread. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Dianne" <Dianne@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Inactivate Time Code in HR
I have a client that needs to inactivate a time code for a specific employee. When she tries to inactivate it she gets the message "There are transactions for the current year. The time code cannot be deleted or inactivated." Why is this? Is this something that gets taken care of during year-end? Thanks, Jocelyn ...

I keep getting messages(20 at a time)with no address,name,message
As mentioned in subject I have been getting numerous messages, one right after the other in Outlook Hotmail account with noa ddress, no name, no subject , and no pmfprmation in the body. It is creepy. The size I notice is consistently 199"B",,,just b not kb. Anyone know how to flag the sender as blocked??? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/423 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real Wor...

date and time calculations
What would my formula and format of cells be for calculating hours between dates and times. Ex. start time Jan 2, 04 8 am to end time Jan 4, 04 5 pm. I DO NOT want my times or answers in military time. If you could please give me an example of how to format each cell and the formula for each cell, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Matilda In the UK I'd enter the start time as 2/1/04 8: Excel will format this as 02/01/04 8:00 or whatever your default setting is. Notice the space between the date and the start time. The formula for calulating the hours is =IF(I8<I7,(I8+...

Number formula (2007)
How can I delete Number/Format Code that are created by mistake? I created a number of Format Codes to achieve what I want in e.g., Y Axis. 2003 had an option of 'Delete' but I don't see it in 2007. Thx ...

Page number watermark
I have seen spreadsheet with a Page Number watermark that only display on the screen and does not print. I cannot find anything online or in the Help docs that says how to turn this feature on or off. I know it's something simple and it really bugs me that I can't figure it out for myself. Please help. -- SGT Brian Ladley U.S. Army Joint Air Defense Operations Center IT Automation NCOIC Hi Go to View|Normal, as opposewd to View|Page Break Preview -- Andy. "SGT Brian Ladley" <SGTBrianLadley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7950526-9424-410...

Column for line numbers...
Can an expression in a column be used to generate line numbers? 1, 2, 3, etc. Thanks David Gotta ask, why do you want them? There are often questions on this forum where people are trying to use a database like an excel spreadsheet, and they are very different things. Gotta ask, why do you want them? There are often questions on this forum where people are trying to use a database like an excel spreadsheet, and they are very different things. Just a quick way of getting number of lines with out creating a report. For this project, really don't need a report. David ...

i need to calculate the total time from a start time to and end t.
-- bob =end_time - start_time and format as time -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78B8ECC1-531D-49B9-A423-DAB674C8AF51@microsoft.com... > > -- > bob ...