Sumproduct a column where 2 adj text columns contain same value

Hi,
I'm using a sumproduct formula to ascertain the number of times that a value 
between 0 and 1 occurs in column A (range A3:A26), where the adjacent cell in 
column B (B3:B26) contains either "Smith", "Draper" or "Jones":

=SUMPRODUCT((A3:A26>0.00)*(A3:A26<1.01)*(B3:B26={"Smith","Draper","Jones"}))

This formula works fine and details the number of entries where the value in 
column A is between 0 and 1, and the name in the adjacent column B cell is 
Smith Draper or Jones. 

What I need to do is the same SUMPRODUCT of 0-1 entries in column A but this 
time where the names listed in column B are equal to more names listed in 
Column C (i.e. where B7 = "Jones" and C7 = "Jones", 1 will be the added to my 
SUMPRODUCT total (if the value in A7 is between 0 and 1).

Keep skirting around the edges of this one without being quite able to nail 
it.
Any pointers gratefully received.
Cheers,
Steve.
0
3/5/2009 2:29:01 AM
excel.newusers 15348 articles. 2 followers. Follow

5 Replies
957 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 6

Use cells to hold the criteria** :

E3 = 0
F3 = 1.01
G3 = Jones
H3 = Draper
I3 = Smith

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A3:A26>E3),--(A3:A26<F3),--(B3:B26=G3),--(C3:C26=G3))

** Use cells to hold the criteria:

You'd have to redo this formula since array constants can't use cell 
references.

>=SUMPRODUCT((A3:A26>0.00)*(A3:A26<1.01)*(B3:B26={"Smith","Draper","Jones"}))

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A3:A26>E3),--(A3:A26<F3),--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B3:B26,G3:I3,0))))

-- 
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP


"Struggling in Sheffield" <StrugglinginSheffield@discussions.microsoft.com> 
wrote in message news:21497C12-991F-4ECE-83DD-3F96D718455B@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I'm using a sumproduct formula to ascertain the number of times that a 
> value
> between 0 and 1 occurs in column A (range A3:A26), where the adjacent cell 
> in
> column B (B3:B26) contains either "Smith", "Draper" or "Jones":
>
> =SUMPRODUCT((A3:A26>0.00)*(A3:A26<1.01)*(B3:B26={"Smith","Draper","Jones"}))
>
> This formula works fine and details the number of entries where the value 
> in
> column A is between 0 and 1, and the name in the adjacent column B cell is
> Smith Draper or Jones.
>
> What I need to do is the same SUMPRODUCT of 0-1 entries in column A but 
> this
> time where the names listed in column B are equal to more names listed in
> Column C (i.e. where B7 = "Jones" and C7 = "Jones", 1 will be the added to 
> my
> SUMPRODUCT total (if the value in A7 is between 0 and 1).
>
> Keep skirting around the edges of this one without being quite able to 
> nail
> it.
> Any pointers gratefully received.
> Cheers,
> Steve. 


0
biffinpitt (3172)
3/5/2009 3:00:22 AM
Hi,
I get the gist of what you're saying but can't see how B3:B26 is being 
compared to C3:C26 for the three names?

            A                B                  C
3        0.12           Smith            Jones
4        2.03           Draper          Draper
5        0.65           Jones            Jones
6        0.81           Smith            Smith
7        0.33           Jones           Draper
8        1.52           Smith           Smith
9        0.74           Jones           Jones
10      3.02           Draper          Jones

For the table illustrated I need my formula to return the value of "3".

A5 has a value less than 1 (0.65), whilst B5 & C5 have the same name "Jones" 
(count 1)
A6 has a value less than 1 (0.81), whilst B6 & C6 have the same name "Smith" 
(count 2)
A9 has a value less than 1 (0.74), whilst B9 & C9 have the same name "Jones" 
(count 3)

Whilst names match on other rows or the value in column A is less than 1, 
only three times do all these criteria line up and this is what I need to 
count.
Cheers,
Steve.



"T. Valko" wrote:

> Use cells to hold the criteria** :
> 
> E3 = 0
> F3 = 1.01
> G3 = Jones
> H3 = Draper
> I3 = Smith
> 
> =SUMPRODUCT(--(A3:A26>E3),--(A3:A26<F3),--(B3:B26=G3),--(C3:C26=G3))
> 
> ** Use cells to hold the criteria:
> 
> You'd have to redo this formula since array constants can't use cell 
> references.
> 
> >=SUMPRODUCT((A3:A26>0.00)*(A3:A26<1.01)*(B3:B26={"Smith","Draper","Jones"}))
> 
> =SUMPRODUCT(--(A3:A26>E3),--(A3:A26<F3),--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B3:B26,G3:I3,0))))
> 
> -- 
> Biff
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> 
> 
> "Struggling in Sheffield" <StrugglinginSheffield@discussions.microsoft.com> 
> wrote in message news:21497C12-991F-4ECE-83DD-3F96D718455B@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> > I'm using a sumproduct formula to ascertain the number of times that a 
> > value
> > between 0 and 1 occurs in column A (range A3:A26), where the adjacent cell 
> > in
> > column B (B3:B26) contains either "Smith", "Draper" or "Jones":
> >
> > =SUMPRODUCT((A3:A26>0.00)*(A3:A26<1.01)*(B3:B26={"Smith","Draper","Jones"}))
> >
> > This formula works fine and details the number of entries where the value 
> > in
> > column A is between 0 and 1, and the name in the adjacent column B cell is
> > Smith Draper or Jones.
> >
> > What I need to do is the same SUMPRODUCT of 0-1 entries in column A but 
> > this
> > time where the names listed in column B are equal to more names listed in
> > Column C (i.e. where B7 = "Jones" and C7 = "Jones", 1 will be the added to 
> > my
> > SUMPRODUCT total (if the value in A7 is between 0 and 1).
> >
> > Keep skirting around the edges of this one without being quite able to 
> > nail
> > it.
> > Any pointers gratefully received.
> > Cheers,
> > Steve. 
> 
> 
> 
0
3/5/2009 4:00:00 AM
I misunderstood your requirement.

I thought you just wanted to match Jones and Jones.

Try this:

E3 = 0
F3 = 1.01
G3 = Jones
H3 = Draper
I3 = Smith

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A3:A26>E3),--(A3:A26<F3),--(B3:B26=C3:C26),--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B3:B26,G3:I3,0))))

-- 
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP


"Struggling in Sheffield" <StrugglinginSheffield@discussions.microsoft.com> 
wrote in message news:7294072D-82C0-4922-BBE7-A18BC7A651B3@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I get the gist of what you're saying but can't see how B3:B26 is being
> compared to C3:C26 for the three names?
>
>            A                B                  C
> 3        0.12           Smith            Jones
> 4        2.03           Draper          Draper
> 5        0.65           Jones            Jones
> 6        0.81           Smith            Smith
> 7        0.33           Jones           Draper
> 8        1.52           Smith           Smith
> 9        0.74           Jones           Jones
> 10      3.02           Draper          Jones
>
> For the table illustrated I need my formula to return the value of "3".
>
> A5 has a value less than 1 (0.65), whilst B5 & C5 have the same name 
> "Jones"
> (count 1)
> A6 has a value less than 1 (0.81), whilst B6 & C6 have the same name 
> "Smith"
> (count 2)
> A9 has a value less than 1 (0.74), whilst B9 & C9 have the same name 
> "Jones"
> (count 3)
>
> Whilst names match on other rows or the value in column A is less than 1,
> only three times do all these criteria line up and this is what I need to
> count.
> Cheers,
> Steve.
>
>
>
> "T. Valko" wrote:
>
>> Use cells to hold the criteria** :
>>
>> E3 = 0
>> F3 = 1.01
>> G3 = Jones
>> H3 = Draper
>> I3 = Smith
>>
>> =SUMPRODUCT(--(A3:A26>E3),--(A3:A26<F3),--(B3:B26=G3),--(C3:C26=G3))
>>
>> ** Use cells to hold the criteria:
>>
>> You'd have to redo this formula since array constants can't use cell
>> references.
>>
>> >=SUMPRODUCT((A3:A26>0.00)*(A3:A26<1.01)*(B3:B26={"Smith","Draper","Jones"}))
>>
>> =SUMPRODUCT(--(A3:A26>E3),--(A3:A26<F3),--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B3:B26,G3:I3,0))))
>>
>> -- 
>> Biff
>> Microsoft Excel MVP
>>
>>
>> "Struggling in Sheffield" 
>> <StrugglinginSheffield@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote in message 
>> news:21497C12-991F-4ECE-83DD-3F96D718455B@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi,
>> > I'm using a sumproduct formula to ascertain the number of times that a
>> > value
>> > between 0 and 1 occurs in column A (range A3:A26), where the adjacent 
>> > cell
>> > in
>> > column B (B3:B26) contains either "Smith", "Draper" or "Jones":
>> >
>> > =SUMPRODUCT((A3:A26>0.00)*(A3:A26<1.01)*(B3:B26={"Smith","Draper","Jones"}))
>> >
>> > This formula works fine and details the number of entries where the 
>> > value
>> > in
>> > column A is between 0 and 1, and the name in the adjacent column B cell 
>> > is
>> > Smith Draper or Jones.
>> >
>> > What I need to do is the same SUMPRODUCT of 0-1 entries in column A but
>> > this
>> > time where the names listed in column B are equal to more names listed 
>> > in
>> > Column C (i.e. where B7 = "Jones" and C7 = "Jones", 1 will be the added 
>> > to
>> > my
>> > SUMPRODUCT total (if the value in A7 is between 0 and 1).
>> >
>> > Keep skirting around the edges of this one without being quite able to
>> > nail
>> > it.
>> > Any pointers gratefully received.
>> > Cheers,
>> > Steve.
>>
>>
>> 


0
biffinpitt (3172)
3/5/2009 4:41:58 AM
Hi Biff,
Works a treat, many thanks.

"T. Valko" wrote:

> I misunderstood your requirement.
> 
> I thought you just wanted to match Jones and Jones.
> 
> Try this:
> 
> E3 = 0
> F3 = 1.01
> G3 = Jones
> H3 = Draper
> I3 = Smith
> 
> =SUMPRODUCT(--(A3:A26>E3),--(A3:A26<F3),--(B3:B26=C3:C26),--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B3:B26,G3:I3,0))))
> 
> -- 
> Biff
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> 
> 
> "Struggling in Sheffield" <StrugglinginSheffield@discussions.microsoft.com> 
> wrote in message news:7294072D-82C0-4922-BBE7-A18BC7A651B3@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> > I get the gist of what you're saying but can't see how B3:B26 is being
> > compared to C3:C26 for the three names?
> >
> >            A                B                  C
> > 3        0.12           Smith            Jones
> > 4        2.03           Draper          Draper
> > 5        0.65           Jones            Jones
> > 6        0.81           Smith            Smith
> > 7        0.33           Jones           Draper
> > 8        1.52           Smith           Smith
> > 9        0.74           Jones           Jones
> > 10      3.02           Draper          Jones
> >
> > For the table illustrated I need my formula to return the value of "3".
> >
> > A5 has a value less than 1 (0.65), whilst B5 & C5 have the same name 
> > "Jones"
> > (count 1)
> > A6 has a value less than 1 (0.81), whilst B6 & C6 have the same name 
> > "Smith"
> > (count 2)
> > A9 has a value less than 1 (0.74), whilst B9 & C9 have the same name 
> > "Jones"
> > (count 3)
> >
> > Whilst names match on other rows or the value in column A is less than 1,
> > only three times do all these criteria line up and this is what I need to
> > count.
> > Cheers,
> > Steve.
> >
> >
> >
> > "T. Valko" wrote:
> >
> >> Use cells to hold the criteria** :
> >>
> >> E3 = 0
> >> F3 = 1.01
> >> G3 = Jones
> >> H3 = Draper
> >> I3 = Smith
> >>
> >> =SUMPRODUCT(--(A3:A26>E3),--(A3:A26<F3),--(B3:B26=G3),--(C3:C26=G3))
> >>
> >> ** Use cells to hold the criteria:
> >>
> >> You'd have to redo this formula since array constants can't use cell
> >> references.
> >>
> >> >=SUMPRODUCT((A3:A26>0.00)*(A3:A26<1.01)*(B3:B26={"Smith","Draper","Jones"}))
> >>
> >> =SUMPRODUCT(--(A3:A26>E3),--(A3:A26<F3),--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B3:B26,G3:I3,0))))
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Biff
> >> Microsoft Excel MVP
> >>
> >>
> >> "Struggling in Sheffield" 
> >> <StrugglinginSheffield@discussions.microsoft.com>
> >> wrote in message 
> >> news:21497C12-991F-4ECE-83DD-3F96D718455B@microsoft.com...
> >> > Hi,
> >> > I'm using a sumproduct formula to ascertain the number of times that a
> >> > value
> >> > between 0 and 1 occurs in column A (range A3:A26), where the adjacent 
> >> > cell
> >> > in
> >> > column B (B3:B26) contains either "Smith", "Draper" or "Jones":
> >> >
> >> > =SUMPRODUCT((A3:A26>0.00)*(A3:A26<1.01)*(B3:B26={"Smith","Draper","Jones"}))
> >> >
> >> > This formula works fine and details the number of entries where the 
> >> > value
> >> > in
> >> > column A is between 0 and 1, and the name in the adjacent column B cell 
> >> > is
> >> > Smith Draper or Jones.
> >> >
> >> > What I need to do is the same SUMPRODUCT of 0-1 entries in column A but
> >> > this
> >> > time where the names listed in column B are equal to more names listed 
> >> > in
> >> > Column C (i.e. where B7 = "Jones" and C7 = "Jones", 1 will be the added 
> >> > to
> >> > my
> >> > SUMPRODUCT total (if the value in A7 is between 0 and 1).
> >> >
> >> > Keep skirting around the edges of this one without being quite able to
> >> > nail
> >> > it.
> >> > Any pointers gratefully received.
> >> > Cheers,
> >> > Steve.
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
3/5/2009 12:28:12 PM
You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback!

-- 
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP


"Struggling in Sheffield" <StrugglinginSheffield@discussions.microsoft.com> 
wrote in message news:997BBC0C-FAC1-4022-87B8-B532CD7B2490@microsoft.com...
> Hi Biff,
> Works a treat, many thanks.
>
> "T. Valko" wrote:
>
>> I misunderstood your requirement.
>>
>> I thought you just wanted to match Jones and Jones.
>>
>> Try this:
>>
>> E3 = 0
>> F3 = 1.01
>> G3 = Jones
>> H3 = Draper
>> I3 = Smith
>>
>> =SUMPRODUCT(--(A3:A26>E3),--(A3:A26<F3),--(B3:B26=C3:C26),--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B3:B26,G3:I3,0))))
>>
>> -- 
>> Biff
>> Microsoft Excel MVP
>>
>>
>> "Struggling in Sheffield" 
>> <StrugglinginSheffield@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote in message 
>> news:7294072D-82C0-4922-BBE7-A18BC7A651B3@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi,
>> > I get the gist of what you're saying but can't see how B3:B26 is being
>> > compared to C3:C26 for the three names?
>> >
>> >            A                B                  C
>> > 3        0.12           Smith            Jones
>> > 4        2.03           Draper          Draper
>> > 5        0.65           Jones            Jones
>> > 6        0.81           Smith            Smith
>> > 7        0.33           Jones           Draper
>> > 8        1.52           Smith           Smith
>> > 9        0.74           Jones           Jones
>> > 10      3.02           Draper          Jones
>> >
>> > For the table illustrated I need my formula to return the value of "3".
>> >
>> > A5 has a value less than 1 (0.65), whilst B5 & C5 have the same name
>> > "Jones"
>> > (count 1)
>> > A6 has a value less than 1 (0.81), whilst B6 & C6 have the same name
>> > "Smith"
>> > (count 2)
>> > A9 has a value less than 1 (0.74), whilst B9 & C9 have the same name
>> > "Jones"
>> > (count 3)
>> >
>> > Whilst names match on other rows or the value in column A is less than 
>> > 1,
>> > only three times do all these criteria line up and this is what I need 
>> > to
>> > count.
>> > Cheers,
>> > Steve.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > "T. Valko" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Use cells to hold the criteria** :
>> >>
>> >> E3 = 0
>> >> F3 = 1.01
>> >> G3 = Jones
>> >> H3 = Draper
>> >> I3 = Smith
>> >>
>> >> =SUMPRODUCT(--(A3:A26>E3),--(A3:A26<F3),--(B3:B26=G3),--(C3:C26=G3))
>> >>
>> >> ** Use cells to hold the criteria:
>> >>
>> >> You'd have to redo this formula since array constants can't use cell
>> >> references.
>> >>
>> >> >=SUMPRODUCT((A3:A26>0.00)*(A3:A26<1.01)*(B3:B26={"Smith","Draper","Jones"}))
>> >>
>> >> =SUMPRODUCT(--(A3:A26>E3),--(A3:A26<F3),--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B3:B26,G3:I3,0))))
>> >>
>> >> -- 
>> >> Biff
>> >> Microsoft Excel MVP
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "Struggling in Sheffield"
>> >> <StrugglinginSheffield@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> >> wrote in message
>> >> news:21497C12-991F-4ECE-83DD-3F96D718455B@microsoft.com...
>> >> > Hi,
>> >> > I'm using a sumproduct formula to ascertain the number of times that 
>> >> > a
>> >> > value
>> >> > between 0 and 1 occurs in column A (range A3:A26), where the 
>> >> > adjacent
>> >> > cell
>> >> > in
>> >> > column B (B3:B26) contains either "Smith", "Draper" or "Jones":
>> >> >
>> >> > =SUMPRODUCT((A3:A26>0.00)*(A3:A26<1.01)*(B3:B26={"Smith","Draper","Jones"}))
>> >> >
>> >> > This formula works fine and details the number of entries where the
>> >> > value
>> >> > in
>> >> > column A is between 0 and 1, and the name in the adjacent column B 
>> >> > cell
>> >> > is
>> >> > Smith Draper or Jones.
>> >> >
>> >> > What I need to do is the same SUMPRODUCT of 0-1 entries in column A 
>> >> > but
>> >> > this
>> >> > time where the names listed in column B are equal to more names 
>> >> > listed
>> >> > in
>> >> > Column C (i.e. where B7 = "Jones" and C7 = "Jones", 1 will be the 
>> >> > added
>> >> > to
>> >> > my
>> >> > SUMPRODUCT total (if the value in A7 is between 0 and 1).
>> >> >
>> >> > Keep skirting around the edges of this one without being quite able 
>> >> > to
>> >> > nail
>> >> > it.
>> >> > Any pointers gratefully received.
>> >> > Cheers,
>> >> > Steve.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
biffinpitt (3172)
3/5/2009 2:36:32 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

double clicking and draging a column in a chart to chg data
in Excel 2003, double clicking on a column in a chart and then dragging the column up or down would change the data in a table upon which the chart depended. How does one do this in excel 2007? Tom Hi, That feature has been removed in 2007, there is no way to do it. If this helps, click the Yes button. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Tom of inns" wrote: > in Excel 2003, double clicking on a column in a chart and then dragging the > column up or down would change the data in a table upon which the chart > depended. > > How does one do this in excel 2007? &g...

Problems with creating a newsletter
I chose the form "Newsletter - email". I have created a 3 page newsletter. Now, I have NO IDEA how to send it out as an email. I do not want to send it as an attachment. I cannot figure out which "save as" format or what I need to do so that i can email this newsletter. Is there a website that goes through how to do this? Am I correct when I say that it has to be html in order for me to send it as email? That is not one of the options. Any help you give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Markis www.adreamforabetterworld.com ...

Meeting updates #2
My users cannot update meetings created when they were on the old email server. I have noticed that the old string is still mapped to the meeting. e.g x400;c=us;a= ;p=Org name;o=exchagne;s=Lastname;g=firstname; Take a look at the following article: 275134 XADM: Cannot Reply to Messages That Are Sent from a User Account That http://support.microsoft.com/?id=275134 The same thing applies to meetings. How did you move them and what version(s) of Exchange? Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ri...

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2
As my SQL server is currently on its last breath I am in the process of moving our CRM 1.2 databases to a new dedicated serever. I have detatched the databases from the old server, copied the files to the server and attached them. I have then gone into CRM deployment manager and changed to the SQL server to the new server. That all appears to work fine, no error messages. But when users try to access the CRM system they get an error and the CRM server event log fills with error messages. A few are listed below: dmLog: Failed to execute the SQL batch in the file sqlbatch.sql. MSCRM P...

How do you turn off/on the "1" or "2" or "+" or "-" view hide/unh.
What is or how do you control, turn on/off the small "1" "2" or "+" "-" hide/unhide view buttons right above the "A" cell? Sometimes shows when I hide columns. Hi 'Data - Goup/Outline' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Seth wrote: > What is or how do you control, turn on/off the small "1" "2" or "+" > "-" hide/unhide view buttons right above the "A" cell? Sometimes > shows when I hide columns. You can toggle them to hide or display with <Ctrl> <8> Usi...

transfer data from multiple columns to singlr column
I have data in form a d g b e h c f i (but larger scale) and I need it in a single column going a to z. Hi, highlight you data, copy, go to the column where you want to see the data, paste special, transpose "lc85" wrote: > I have data in form a d g > b e h > c f i (but larger scale) > and I need it in a single column going a to z. You up for using a macro? Sub ToOneColumn() 'dantuck Mar 7, 2007 &...

Steps to Share Outlook on 2 different drives
This is a problem created by a dual boot of XPPSP2 on one drive C:\ and Vista on another drive E:\ that I use to format for new builds of Vista on the same box. I want to take my Outlook 2003 in box and folders on two different drives on one box and combine them so that all the emails go to one account and all the folders can be shared or used on each drive. I want to do the same with Outlook Express as well, and since this is an *Outlook newsgroup, I'll just take what I learn here and apply it to the ..dbx folder(s) in it. The idea is to receive email on both drives in one in one...

printing 2 charts on single page
Using Excel 2k, Win 2k I was trying to print to line charts on a single page to demonstrate the corelation between the two data sets. I would like to print in portait mode with one chart on top of page and one on bottom. Excel only seems to offer putting chart 2 on a separate page or embedding it in chart one. I am not very familiar with excel charting capabilites can anyone suggest a resorce? Thanks ...

update column
How would I update a column with numeric values so that there are 3 leading zeros for each row? hi it is not possible to add leading zeros to a numeric value. Mathematically, this is redundent and unnecessary. "brian" wrote: > How would I update a column with numeric values so that there are 3 leading > zeros for each row? opps. hit the post button too quick. option 1. custom format if your numeric value is 12345 then see the custom format to 00000000. note. format do not change data - it just changes the way it looks in the cell. option2. format to text then use the c...

visual basic
Hi, I trying to retrieve values from a table to calculate the 14days average value of a stock closing price. However, i encounter some problem as stated beside the code as follows: Function DaysAvgs() 'Calculate the average value of a given value. Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim varBookmark As Variant Dim numAve, numDaysAvg As Double Dim intA, intB, lngCount As Integer Set db = CurrentDb 'Open Table Set rst = db.OpenRecordset("SGX Individual Historical", dbOpenTable) rst.MoveFirst Do While Not rst.EOF intA = 1 intB = 0 varBookmark = rst.Bookmark n...

Offline folder problems #2
Hi Guys, Basically I installed Outlook 97 on my office PC which is connect to microsoft exchange server. For some reason all of my messages were copied into offline folders, this causes a problem, whenever I open up outlook I get this message. Upload of offline changes could not be completed you do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or see your system administrator. I do not administrator access on my user profile, every time I open outlook it resets everything I have changed (view etc) and gives that error message. How ...

Global Column Row Preview Font Size
I know I can change the column, row and preview font size for the current email folder's view, but how do I do it for all of the email folders? I have loads of email addresses each with lots of folders. I don't want to have to do each one at a time. Surely there must be a default font setting (even if it's only in the registry)? Thanks in advance, Tim. I too would love an answer to this. Ian "Timie Milie" <tim_milstead@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:45782ee8$0$27107$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... >I know I can change the column, row and preview font ...

Joining text with a formula in cell #4
just to complete the thread... I found the answer. You have to change the format of the cell to custom 0.00"*" this is the only way it will show only 2 decimal places Thanks for the hel -- Mustard Hea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mustard Head's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1630 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27700 ...

IsOutLookClient() returns wrong value
IsOutLookClient() returns wrong value when both web client of crm and outlook client are running on the same workstation It looks like the same cookie(used for determining what client is running) is used by the sessions of each client. Look for "LightClient" in IsOutlookWorkstationClient() in global.js Oeps...I seem to have made a wrong assumption... Between the to clients IsOutlookClient() seems to work ok... But in outlook client the IsOutlookClient() function gives false for me...after I have opened a page from the Microsoft Crm folder structure... On another workstation it...

changing values of one field based on another
How can I best change the values of one field in a table based on values of another field of the same table. We have an existing table of thousands of entries and I would like to use the following logic to populate a new boolean field. If field1 = "Done" Then BooleanFieldCompleted = True I have some Excel VBA experience but limited Access. I dont want to do this manually! Any assistance appreciated. In general, you'd use an Update query. However, in this case I don't see why you'd need such a field. Why not just create a query with a computed field that returns True...

Receiving Transaction Entry #2
I went into Receiving Transaction Entry to record the receipt of an item. The invoiced price did not agree with the purchase order. I had to add Shipping and adjust the provincial tax. I went to the proper screen to over-ride the calculated tax and the system told me that I couldn't do that because I had not filled in all the BOLD, RED areas. At that point I wanted to close down that screen, but the system would not let me do that either. I could minimize the screen and then I could also see that there wasn't any required information that had not be entered. The only way I c...

Opening pub files created with older Publisher versions #2
I have just upgraded to Publisher 2003 from 2000 and am having trouble with pub files sent to me for our chuch newsletter which is using Publisher 97 The text is not wrapping around graphics boxes. Can I fix this? I really don't want to go back to Pub 200 Thank Richard this is caused by Publisher 97 not been printer independent. Even if you went back to Publisher 2000, unless you have the identical font versions and printer driver you would have issues with formatting. It sounds like the person sending you the file has a garbage HP inkjet printer. Get them to install the HP5P laser p...

Associating Multiple Existing Contacts to an Account, Until CRM 2.x
I have racked my pea-sized brain for endless days for a way to associate multiple existing contacts (or accounts) to an account. My client has accounts that have many contacts (or accounts) involved at different stages of acquiring a new account. The logical method would be to add a custom attribute with lookup functionality into the existing CRM contact or account objects but this is not possible with CRM 1.x. The resulting UI would allow an end user to associate different contacts (or accounts) to an account. Example: Account: ABC - AccountPhysician: (existing account or con...

Mother of a sumproduct (ish) problem!
At least it is to me - now I humbly beseech your magic :) A1 to A10 contain 10 unique letters, e.g. A,Q,E... B1 to B10 contain 10 unique letters, e.g. Z,B,A... C1 to C100 contain nonunique letters, e.g. E,E,F,E,Q,Q... D1 to D100 contain nonunique letters, e.g. A,T,F,A,X,B... E1 to E100 contain values, e.g. 9,1,3,5,7,2... In pseudo logic, for x = 1 to 10 I want to find each Ax:Bx pairing in Cy:Dy and sum E when matched. So I want to sum Ey for the rows where [Cy is "A" and Dy is "Z"], plus each Ey where [Cy="Q" and Dy="B"], etc. for the sample...

VCard issue #2
This is a weird problem, but when I send a vcard to someone, it shows up in my sent items as a vcf file, and has a vcard icon on it, but when the recipient gets the VCard, it shows up as msg file, with an envelope icon as the attachment. When I open it, nothing is there - it's empty. I can't find anything regarding this problem on google or MS's website. Anybody have any ideas? Is it a problem with Outlook? Do I need to do a detect and repair, a reinstallation? Thanks for your help! Does the same happen when you send a message to yourself? Is he/she able to see it w...

Some Excel formatting functions taking a long time to work #2
Excel 2000 SP3 When I use some formatting functions for the first time in a session, such as bold, increasing font size etc, it takes up to 30 seconds to work. Meantime Excel is locked up until it completes that formatting call. I suspect faulty DLL? Has anyone experienced this? How to fix (other than a complete re- install) ? Any advice appreciated. Piri On Nov 5, 8:39=A0am, Piri <wiremu.pare...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Excel 2000 SP3 > When I use some formatting functions for the first time in a > session, such as bold, increasing font size etc, it takes =A0up to 30 > secon...

parameter for text
In Access 2003. In a form I have a parameter to search for a word at a a time Like [Froms].[Form].txtWords]&"*" which works well. .. In order to enter more than two oarameter separated by commas in txtwords I have been tryin the Str function like this "Instr([txtWords])" "Instr[txtWords]" The query displays no records at all. Could you suggest me how to do it Many thanks I would suggest separating by space and using this -- Like "*" & [Froms].[Form].txtWords] &"*" Remember that when you type in 'bell...

How do I bind a XAML text box control to a dataset?
Hello; I am new to using WinFx and I am having trouble figuring out how to bind a text box to a field in a dataset. I found an MSDN article: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms752057.aspx My question deals with the text box code: <TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=ISBN}" Grid.Column="1" /> How does this text box know to bind to the field "ISBN" in "myDataSet"? How does the control implement the dataset? Thank you Monty ...

How to add a button to restore all altered cells original values?
I want to add a reset button to an excel spreadsheet that will restore the values of all changed cells to the original saved ones. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Dawn Hi this would require quite some VBA code as you somehow have to store the original values for example on a separate hidden sheet -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dawnybros" <Dawnybros@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3340601E-16EE-4296-8F50-B0BAC18EA387@microsoft.com... > I want to add a reset button to an excel spreadsheet that will restore the > values of all ...

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server
Hi, We're trying to go with 2 seperate 2003 domains, but with only one Exchange 2003 Server. What would be needed for the domain that the Exchange server is not in to access e-mail? We've contemplated having those users use OWA, but would really like them to be able to use Outlook 2003. We're a school district and want to segregate the kids domain from the administration domain, but only have funding for one Exchnage server. Any ideas\help will be appreciated. TIA. Hi, This should explain what it requires: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=278888 Leif "tj woo...