Summing values in a column if the date in another is of a certain month

Hi,

I hope that this should be quite easy, but I'll be blowed if I can find
an answer on google...

Column F has dates, some rows may be blank

Column G has currency values, some rows may be blank but if a row in
column F has a value, so will the corresponding row in column G

And what I would like to do is produce on another sheet, the total per
month of each year (as set by column F) of the values in column G.

i.e.

December 2006   1234
January    2007         5678

Any help appreciated.

--
Best regards
Harvey Coward

=SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR(Sheet1!$F$2:$F$200)=YEAR(A1)),--(MONTH(Sheet1!$F$2:$F$200)=MONTH(A1)),Sheet1!$G$2:$G$200)

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Harvey Coward" <harvey@mortgage-advice-centre.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I hope that this should be quite easy, but I'll be blowed if I can find an
> answer on google...
>

> Column F has dates, some rows may be blank
>
> Column G has currency values, some rows may be blank but if a row in
> column F has a value, so will the corresponding row in column G
>
> And what I would like to do is produce on another sheet, the total per
> month of each year (as set by column F) of the values in column G.
>
> i.e.
>
> December 2006   1234
> January    2007         5678
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> --
> Best regards
> Harvey Coward

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)
12/4/2007 10:35:19 AM
"Harvey Coward" <harvey@mortgage-advice-centre.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I hope that this should be quite easy, but I'll be blowed if I can find an
> answer on google...
>

> Column F has dates, some rows may be blank
>
> Column G has currency values, some rows may be blank but if a row in
> column F has a value, so will the corresponding row in column G
>
> And what I would like to do is produce on another sheet, the total per
> month of each year (as set by column F) of the values in column G.
>
> i.e.
>
> December 2006   1234
> January    2007         5678
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> --
> Best regards
> Harvey Coward

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(F1:F999)=12),--(YEAR(F1:F999=2006)),G1:G999)
will give you the total for Dec 2006. (Obviously change the ranges to suit
your data.)

You can replace the 12 and 2006 in this formula by appropriate cell
references or formulas.

On the "answer" sheet, I would suggest entering in column A a list of dates,
each being (say) the first of the month (such as 1-Dec-06, 1-Jan-07). You
can format these to display "month and date" if you wish. The formula (in
B1, copied down as far as required) would then become something like:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!MONTH(F1:F999)=MONTH(A1)),--(Sheet1!YEAR(F1:F999)=YEAR(A1)),Sheet1!G1:G999)

0
Stephen
12/4/2007 10:47:05 AM
Thanks, this works a treat.

In message <uLNJiFmNIHA.4684@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, Bob Phillips
<bob.NGs@somewhere.com> writes

--
Best regards
Harvey Coward

update column

Summing Alternate Rows
We have spreadsheets with many rows and need to sum alternate rows. Is there a way to do this without entering a formula using the number of each row? -- KarenQ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KarenQ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19608 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395115 Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18),2)=1),$A$1:$A$18) That formula sums odd-row values in the range A1:A18. To sum even-row values the formula is: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18...

Month problem

visual basic

Oldest date for Duplicate Cust. #

Global Column Row Preview Font Size