Subtracting Two Tables

Is it possible to easily subtract two tables and place the results into
another table? I have two 4x4 tables. The left corners are at A1 and F1.
I would like the result to appear in the corner at A7.

               Obz Site:  39� 15' 7" N, 121� 2' 32" W, 2700 feet

            Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
            over a lifetime:
               Nuclear power      -- 2 pounds in a coke can
               Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

                 -- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens

                     Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>
0
wolf_tracks

In A7 enter =A1-F1 or =F1-A1.

Copy across to D7 then down to A10:D10.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

T. Valko wrote:
> In A7 enter =A1-F1 or =F1-A1.
>
> Copy across to D7 then down to A10:D10.

I don't seem to be able copy down from d7. I'm guessing when I settle on
a7, after entering =f1-a1, that the little cross in the lower right-hand
corner is some mechanism for copying. All works well for row a7 to to d7.

               Obz Site:  39� 15' 7" N, 121� 2' 32" W, 2700 feet

            Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
            over a lifetime:
               Nuclear power      -- 2 pounds in a coke can
               Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

                 -- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens

                     Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>
0
wolf_tracks
11/24/2009 3:04:49 AM
wolf_tracks@invalid.com wrote:
> T. Valko wrote:
>> In A7 enter =A1-F1 or =F1-A1.
>>
>> Copy across to D7 then down to A10:D10.
>>
> I don't seem to be able copy down from d7. I'm guessing when I settle on
> a7, after entering =f1-a1, that the little cross in the lower right-hand
> corner is some mechanism for copying. All works well for row a7 to to d7.

Ah, I had to copy down each column from the first row, 7. Thanks.

               Obz Site:  39� 15' 7" N, 121� 2' 32" W, 2700 feet

            Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
            over a lifetime:
               Nuclear power      -- 2 pounds in a coke can
               Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

                 -- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens

                     Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>
0
wolf_tracks
11/24/2009 3:17:21 AM
>the little cross in the lower right-hand corner
>is some mechanism for copying.

Yes, it's called the fill handle, that small black square in the lower-right
corner of the selection. When you hover your mouse over it the cursor
changes to a "skinny plus sign".

--

> wolf_tracks@invalid.com wrote:
>> T. Valko wrote:
>>> In A7 enter =A1-F1 or =F1-A1.
>>>
>>> Copy across to D7 then down to A10:D10.
>>>
>> I don't seem to be able copy down from d7. I'm guessing when I settle on
>> a7, after entering =f1-a1, that the little cross in the lower right-hand
>> corner is some mechanism for copying. All works well for row a7 to to d7.
>>
> Ah, I had to copy down each column from the first row, 7. Thanks.
>
> --
>            Wayne Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA)
>
>              (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time)
>               Obz Site:  39� 15' 7" N, 121� 2' 32" W, 2700 feet
>
>            Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
>            over a lifetime:
>               Nuclear power      -- 2 pounds in a coke can
>               Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars
>
>                 -- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens
>
>                     Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>

How do I place two or more charts on a worksheet?
I can't figure out how to keep Excel 2007 overlaying a new chart on top of an existing chart in a seperate worksheet. What I would like to do is create one 8.5 x 11 worksheet with four 3 x 5 charts on it. Select each chart and move it into position. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Rick@Draper" <Rick@Draper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:082C5930-64F0-4A6E-958E-967BDCCDB9C9@microsoft.com... >I can't figure out how to keep Excel 20...

How to get Table Description Field Text to show on Forms? Hovering? Right-Click?
Can I get the fioeld description I enter in the Table Design View to show on Forms or Queries? When the mouse hovers over the field or field name?? When the user right clicks on the field or field name?? At the bottom of the screen when the mouse hovers? How? Thanks for any help. Mel Ken, I've done some programming but not much in Access. How do I (where do I click) to add a function to the "standard module" ??? And, am I correct in understanding that the first function would be called each time the db opened? And the 2nd function would be called each time the form op...

How to fill cell with two combobox values?
I am looking for VB code for command button that fills two combo box values and a toggle value (Y/N) behind each other in one cell. Bart Excel 2003 ...

Two cells divided into next cell
Hope this makes sense. I have F column that totals down to F16. Then I have a total on D16. I need both totals to be divided and show up on G16. Every cell has $ Amts, but the only cells not totaled down the row are E,G and J. So G16 is blank. Is this possible to do and If so how. I don't even know the formula to Divide and I need this to automatically happen every time I Insert the Amts in the cells. Please help In G16: =D16/F16 "Day" <Day@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C49FCC-273A-425B-9EEF-DCF2109A0DD9@microsoft.com... > > ...

Running two files simultaneously....
Can you run two MS Money files at the same time? I have one for personal use and one for business use, but am always having to close out of one and open the other. I'd love to be able to have a window for each open at the same time in order to view information.....MS Money 2001 Simultaneously? No. "william" <turnerinsurance@epride.net> wrote in message news:4c5a01c490f1$37b36bc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can you run two MS Money files at the same time? I have > one for personal use and one for business use, but am > always having to close out of one and open t...

Products/Services Table
I am using Access 2007. I have a database for my Products/Services industry. I have a table containing my products/services, as well as a Work Order Form that is linked to the Products/services table from which I can choose via drop down the products that I am selling to that customer. The Product/services table contains 3 fields; Product, Cost & Price. The Work Order Form also contains those three fields, and when I choose a product from the drop down, the corresponding Price field fills in as well. Now, sometimes (after bargaining of course!) I want to change the price for ...

Making a list of all persons in a table in a corresponding form.
Hi all, In a database of mine I have a table containing persons' name, address and so on. In the corresponding form I have of course all the fields where the users put in the data. In this form I want to have a list showing all the persons in the table as well, so that the users can click the right person in the list and have his or her data filled into the fields. I have tried to make a table form from the same table and include it as a subform. This, however, was not successful because the subform only showed the person in focus in the form, not all the persons in the table. Also...

two Global Address Lists
Is it possible to have one exchange 2003 server with two Global address lists? I have two companies with two different domains running off of one Exchange 2003 server and i want two Global address lists. I have created two Global address lists but they do not show up for some reason. Anyone know why? See the article: 822940 How to Manage Address Lists When You Host Virtual Organizations http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822940 Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -------------------- >Fro...

Retrieving data with two variables
Hi, First time. Looks like you all have some great advice. This will probably be very easy for most of you. I would like to create one worksheet were I choose a certain doctor (Drop down box), the year and it matches the month, year and doctor and guves me the correct production $$ for that doctor. I have used the lookup formulas but can't seem to figure how I should write this formula. Thank you for any help. -- Many Thanks, Jennifer If you only give it the year, how will it match on the month? If you give it a date, too, then you could use something like this: I put my table o...

Validate almost one of two textbox
Hi, how can I validate a group of 2 textbox so the users have to populate at least one of them (or both)? Thanks in advance. Luis On Nov 27, 2:16=A0pm, Luigi <Lu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > how can I validate a group of 2 textbox so the users have to populate at > least one of them (or both)? > > Thanks in advance. > > Luis Use Javascript Function function jsValidateTextBoxGroup(sTxtBox1, sTxtBox2) { var bSuccess =3D true; var sTxtBox1Value =3D document.getElementById(sTxtBox1).value; var sTxtBox2Value =3D document.g...

Two docs on one page
I have created an A4 document with two A5 labels on it. The first sheet has label one and two upon it but when i go to sheet two i would like it to have the next two labels upon it but it has label two again and three, sheet three has three and four. I have tried starting with next record before label one (ie staring at label two to force it to push to next label at the beginning of the sheet but this didnt help) i have also tried the same at the bottom of each sheet..... please can anybody help I have created an A4 document with two mail merged A5 labels on it using an ex...

Sum of data with two criteria
Hi there, i have a (simple!?) problem with the following.. In my sheet, i have 3 columns: column A, containing a order-number column B, containing a quota column C, containing a week-number Now what needs to bee counted, is the SUM of the quota (column B) occurences from a specific order, AND a specific week! Problem is, the rows can contain multiple occurences of an ordernumber... I'm feeling quitte stupid, can anyone help me please? :confused: --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi try =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A1000=order_number)*(C1:C1000=week_number),(B1:B1000)) Fr...

Using two types of numbering systems in one document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, <br> I'm writing a dissertation and must follow very strict guidelines. First, I need to be able to start the numbering (roman numeral) on page iv, not showing any page numbers before that. Second - after about 15 pages I need to switch to arabic numerals. This is all in one document and I have no idea how to do this. Any help would be appreciated! <br> Thanks, <br> Michal Hi Michal, See: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/Formatting/NumberingFrontMatter.htm -- Cheers macropod [Micr...

How to reduce thickness/width of window borders two "normal" 2 pixels?
On a certain WinXP all borders of all windows are very, very thick/width. Have a look at the following snapshot: http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9364/capture20091215121445.png What is the reason resp. how can I reduce it to the "normal" size of (approx. 2 pixels) ? Camille Camille Petersen wrote: > On a certain WinXP all borders of all windows are very, very thick/width. > > Have a look at the following snapshot: > > http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9364/capture20091215121445.png > > What is the reason resp. how can I reduce it to the &...

Looking for API Function for Overlaying two Icons,...
Hi, if i am right, i rememer a Windows API function, that could take a icon handle as input and draw a Exclamation icon on its lower-right surface. I remember these function as a very simple function, that could take a source icon handle, and/or a target icon handle and/or some additional flags, but i cant find these function. I am pretty sure that there was such a function in the windows API/Shell/GDI or wherever but i am relly sure, i just cant find it! Maybe i am wrong,... Does someone know these function? Regards Kerem -- ----------------------- Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre b...

pivot table multiple consolidation ranges
When I create a pivot table based on data from one excel worksheet, the pivot table automatically creates one layout field for every column header on the worksheet; but when I choose the multiple consolidation option and add two consolidation ranges to my pivot table data, the layout shows only a field named "Rows" and one named "Columns" - in other words, it doesn't create fields named after the column headers that I can drag into the respective pivot layout areas (page, column, row, data). The column headers in both of the worksheets (consolidation ranges) are...

Item.content field in RMS Items table
I was taking a look at the structure of the item table in RMS 1.3, Headquarters. At the end of the record is a field called "Content". It is an ntext field. I don't see anyplace on the Item Properties form where this field is referenced. Is this an obsolete field, and if so, would it be safe for me to utilize this field for some of my custom information? -- Bill Yater The Worth Collection byater@worthltd.com Bill, There are a few fields in the Item table that either have never been implemented or are no longer in use. It should be safe to use contents. We have used th...

Lock fields in subform except two after authorization date is ente
Need assistance from the experts. I used the following code to lock the fields in a subform per a request. Now I have been request to lock all the fields except two in the sub form and I am not sure how to handle this. I tried enabled on the different fields but that did not correct the problem. The goal is to enter data for that record and once an authorization date is entered it would lock the record. Is there a way to allowedits and lock it back if someone needs to change the field StructureKeymark? Thanks in advance to assistance. This is just a few lines for the main fiel...

Formatting data table
I have a data table shown under a diagram. However it won't display all the decimals. I.e. in the input to the diagram for january 2006 is 1.123, but only 1.1 is shown in the data table. The only solution seems to be to enlarge the diagram but this is not an option in this particular case! As a last resort I could embed a table under a traditional diagram without the data table, but that is second best. Looking forward to any help If you right click on the data table you can change the font size by clicking on 'format data table' and the font tab. You can type in the size ...

Synchronizing Custom Tables
1) If I created a new customer profile in Store A, I want it to be available in Store B and other stores. Is this possible? How? 2) I want to create a new table to be linked to Customer table. How can I syncronize it to the HQ and other Stores? ...

Tables in Publisher
I'd like to set up a table in Publisher with lines on the bottom of every cell - like a list. When I select the table and ask for a line on the bottom, it only gives me a line on the bottom border of the whole table. Is there a quick way to get a line on the bottom of every cell without having to select every single cell and add the line? Thanks. silver wrote: > I'd like to set up a table in Publisher with lines on the bottom of every > cell - like a list. When I select the table and ask for a line on the bottom, > it only gives me a line on the bottom border of the who...

Table window Size
Any way to make Access 2003 remember the size and position of a table window? As it does with queries. Regards Kungen <klashjortstam@telia.com> wrote in news:1190993934.749281.64590 @k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com: > Thanks for trying to help. I'm talking about the windows for the > actual tables when working with them in access. Everytime I reopen a > table it covers the entire workspace and I have to adjust the size, > which is time consuming and annoying. Saving while the window is open > doesn't help. But I guess there is no way to work around this minor >...

Processing Functions in a Table
Hi, I'm running Access 2003. I have a table that contains the following information: Item Count --- --- Postings =DCount("*","tblDocBoat","[ToPost]=True") Floating Copies =DCount("*","tblFloatingCopy","[Approved] = False") Releases =DCount("*","tblReleaseReq","[Processed] = False") Is there a way when I can get the functions to process, rather than showing the code, when viewing the table through a form or simply viewing the table? i.e: Item Count --- --- Po...

reportoutput to make table
Is there any way to take a report and make the results into a table? Sorry if this seems a stupid question, but I'm a novice in over his head on a project I volunteered for. A report displays data that's in a table. Why would you need to create the report as an intermediary step? Why not just create the table from the original data or (better yet) create a query of the original data that displays the desired data (so that you don't have to store it redundantly)? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Dale" <...

Indexes in tables.
Hi, Can I add index for tables in SQL Manager. For example for SOP30200 index for any field. Will it be a problem with program or not? Any other ways? Thanks, Vitali I believe any future upgrade will blow away your index. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Vitali V" wrote: > Hi, > > Can I add index for tables in SQL Manager. For example for SOP30200 index > for any field. Will it be a problem with program or not? > Any other ways? > > Thanks, > > Vitali > > > Suggest you leave the tables alone. You'll just get into a pickle.. "Char...