subtract 3 numbers and 2 cells

How would I do this,  I=100-E4-G4? I have E4 as 97 and G4 as 0 so the answer
should be I = 3. Please help.
0
lmassier (1)

In another cell just enter

=100-E4-G4

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"lmassier" <lmassier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How would I do this,  I=100-E4-G4? I have E4 as 97 and G4 as 0 so the
answer
> should be I = 3. Please help.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Using part of a cell in a chart title

visible cell only

Autofit row height in merged cells
I am producing reports that include comments, some lengthy. I need several columns for most of the report, so I need to merge cells for the comments to appear right on the printed report. Is there a way to get the row height automatically auto fit? I know this works with unmerged cells set alignment to wrap text and row height to autofit, but once I merge cells it stops working. Any help? Also, is there a way make autofit work if the cell is a formula that points to text? My apologies to the group. After searching I see someone else asked this question 11 days ago and was pointed t...

pop3 #3
My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so i cant receive or send e-mail!!! HELP!! How do i fix this problem? I've tried calling Dell and Microsoft and have waited hours on the phone and have not gotten any assistance! Who is your ISP/mail host? Seems like you might want to contact them for support. I presume you can get to the Internet just fine.... rose wrote: > My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new > Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so > i ca...

Trying to find out which numbers occure most often
I�m giving exams to students and want to see if the students are missin the same questions in every class. I have a simple spreadsheet tha has me enter the question number into the column each time a questio is missed. The MODE function can tell me which number is occurrin most often. However, I need to see if there is any other numbers tha are occurring often as well. Is there a command that will allow me to look at the second mos entered number? For example, if I have 5,3,3,2,3,4,3,4,1,3,4, my mod would be 3 as that�s the number that repeats the most. However, happens 3 times and that...

Counting number of X's in a column

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Microsoft POS #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

move cell contents

matching contents #2

Please ignore #2

Number 040
How can I put the numbers starting by zero? I want to put the number 040 as a number but it dont allow me. Any help... -- Drazic ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Drazic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24602 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=381894 to put 040, enter '040 but this converts it to text. Another method would be to enter 40 and then format the cell as custo and enter 000 in the box. Manges -- mangesh_yada ---------------------------------------------...

reason codes #2
I'm having a big problem tracking discounts in RMS. Whenever something is discounted up front, a reason code is set. There are several I use for discounts. However, when I try to do an Item Movement History report and select based on those reason codes, I never get any matches. When I do an item history report for a few weeks, I notice that the only reason codes that are displayed are the ones pertaining to inventory adjustment. It seems that reason codes associated with discounts do not display in this report. HELP! I need these to display to track discounts (and also store use)! ...

Outlook 2002 XP SP 3 Archive problem
Hi there I am trying to get my newly configured outlook to archive my folders. I have ust configured it to download two POP email accounts and that works fine. I have set up a set of folders below my outlook (Personal Folders / pst) inbox node and placed the relevant emails in the corresponding folders. I have gone into tools -> options -> other -> and pressed the "AutoArchive..." button -> and set the "clean out folders older than" selection boxes to "3" and "Months" and pressed the "apply these setting to all folders" button. I ...

Why can't I edit the Schema for a Knowledge Base Article in CRM 3.
Why can't I edit the Schema for a Knowledge Base Article? It seems to me that you could do this in 1.2. I just want to add some custom fields. ...

How do I copy data in single cell format to a merged cell format
I need to copy a list of data in single cell format into a spreadsheet where those same columns are merged cells (with four cells merged into one). I have several hundred lines of data so some way of copy & paste (other than each cell individually) would be appreciated. Thanks Paul Hi Paul What I would do is copy format of sheet with merge cells to blank sheet then copy single cell data to sheet with merge cells select single cell to paste you lose formatting so after just copy format from blank sheet created earlier I find this easiest way Hope this helps Tina "Paul" w...

Question about Cell Borders
I need to be able to set a default cell border style, thickness and color, such that when the Border button on the Format toolbar is clicked, that border will be consistently applied to the selected cells. Is there any way to permanently change the border produced by the toolbar button. Thanks Kevin I don't know of any way to reliably do what you're after. However, a better solution would be to create a new toolbar button and attach a macro that you record (Tools/Macros/Record new macro) applying the border style, thickness and color that you want. In article <C4FC8DC5-C...

Outlook Express 5 #2
On loading, error message "MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module DIRECTDB.dll at 017f:7dbf3070.." Appeared to coincide with display config change? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of...