stock control question

Hello all,  I have 2000 items and want to represent them as full cartons -
inner cartons and single items. Full cartons have 36 pieces inner cartons
have 6 pieces and singles are self explanatory.

I tried using the INT formula but I can't seem to get it to work.  Is there
something else I can use?

So want it to look like this

stock 2000 -
master cartons 55 ( 55x36=1980)
inner cartons  3 ( 3 x 6=18)
singles 2 ( 2 x 1)

regards
--
kinsey
0

Assuming 2000 is in A1, all below formulas will go A2 - A4

=INT(A1/36)

=INT(MOD(A1,36)/6)

=A1-(A2*36+A3*6)

"kinsey" wrote:

> Hello all,  I have 2000 items and want to represent them as full cartons -
> inner cartons and single items. Full cartons have 36 pieces inner cartons
> have 6 pieces and singles are self explanatory.
>
> I tried using the INT formula but I can't seem to get it to work.  Is there
> something else I can use?
>
> So want it to look like this
>
> stock 2000 -
> master cartons 55 ( 55x36=1980)
> inner cartons  3 ( 3 x 6=18)
> singles 2 ( 2 x 1)
>
> regards
> --
> kinsey
Hi,

You could use these three formulas with 2000 in A1 and these in the next
three cells:

=INT(A1/36)
=INT(A1/6-A2*6)
=A1-36*A2-6*A3

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"kinsey" wrote:

> Hello all,  I have 2000 items and want to represent them as full cartons -
> inner cartons and single items. Full cartons have 36 pieces inner cartons
> have 6 pieces and singles are self explanatory.
>
> I tried using the INT formula but I can't seem to get it to work.  Is there
> something else I can use?
>
> So want it to look like this
>
> stock 2000 -
> master cartons 55 ( 55x36=1980)
> inner cartons  3 ( 3 x 6=18)
> singles 2 ( 2 x 1)
>
> regards
> --
> kinsey
Sean/Shane, thanks for your solutions.  The first two work fine but the last
one gave me a negative figure of -18 when it should be 2.  Let me explain

total items - 2102 (i'm using a different product here)

first box item 26 master cartons x 80 pieces = 2080 (solution shows 26.
Great!)
second box  2 inner cartons x 20 pieces = 40 (solution shows 2. Good!)
3rd box is just singles left and should be 2 but gives me -18

Can you help ?

Regards

Peter
--
kinsey

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

> Assuming 2000 is in A1, all below formulas will go A2 - A4
>
> =INT(A1/36)
>
> =INT(MOD(A1,36)/6)
>
> =A1-(A2*36+A3*6)
>
> "kinsey" wrote:
>
> > Hello all,  I have 2000 items and want to represent them as full cartons -
> > inner cartons and single items. Full cartons have 36 pieces inner cartons
> > have 6 pieces and singles are self explanatory.
> >
> > I tried using the INT formula but I can't seem to get it to work.  Is there
> > something else I can use?
> >
> > So want it to look like this
> >
> > stock 2000 -
> > master cartons 55 ( 55x36=1980)
> > inner cartons  3 ( 3 x 6=18)
> > singles 2 ( 2 x 1)
> >
> > regards
> > --
> > kinsey
0
kinsey (18)
6/29/2009 1:56:01 PM
If you change your number per carton, y ou have to change the formulas
accordingly

=INT(A1/80)  <- 80 is your first grouping
=INT(MOD(A1,80)/20) <-80 is your first grouping, 20 is your 2nd grouping
=A1-(A2*80+A3*20) <-Again 80 for your first, 20 for your second.

"kinsey" wrote:

> Sean/Shane, thanks for your solutions.  The first two work fine but the last
> one gave me a negative figure of -18 when it should be 2.  Let me explain
>
> total items - 2102 (i'm using a different product here)
>
> first box item 26 master cartons x 80 pieces = 2080 (solution shows 26.
> Great!)
> second box  2 inner cartons x 20 pieces = 40 (solution shows 2. Good!)
> 3rd box is just singles left and should be 2 but gives me -18
>
> Can you help ?
>

> Regards
>
> Peter
> --
> kinsey
>

> "Sean Timmons" wrote:
>
> > Assuming 2000 is in A1, all below formulas will go A2 - A4
> >
> > =INT(A1/36)
> >
> > =INT(MOD(A1,36)/6)
> >
> > =A1-(A2*36+A3*6)
> >
> > "kinsey" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello all,  I have 2000 items and want to represent them as full cartons -
> > > inner cartons and single items. Full cartons have 36 pieces inner cartons
> > > have 6 pieces and singles are self explanatory.
> > >
> > > I tried using the INT formula but I can't seem to get it to work.  Is there
> > > something else I can use?
> > >
> > > So want it to look like this
> > >
> > > stock 2000 -
> > > master cartons 55 ( 55x36=1980)
> > > inner cartons  3 ( 3 x 6=18)
> > > singles 2 ( 2 x 1)
> > >
> > > regards
> > > --
> > > kinsey

Less Spam Better enjoyable experience
Visit : news://spacesst.com

Problem using Microsoft Web Browser control
I am trying to access the Custom properties of a Web Browser ActiveX control on a form and I keep getting a message telling me that "The Operation on the Microsoft Web Browser object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it." I searched TechNet and MSDN and could not resolve this. I reinstalled Access 2003 (I have 2003 and 2007 installed on my workstation, XP Pro) and still no resolution. Has anyone else seen this and if so, can you tell me how to resolve this? Jim Does anyone know the name of the file the message...

Exchange question
I currently have Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000. I am getting ready to setup a new box with Exchange 2003 Ent. on Windows Server 2003. Here are my questions: 1) Does my Exchange server have to be in Native mode before I can upgrade? 2) If I change it to Native mode, will I need to reboot my server? 3) Do I need to reboot the server after I run the Forest and Domain Prep? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Kit It's been *a while* since I upgraded to Ex2003, but I believe the answers would be: No No No ------------------------ Chris Williams Sirana Software www.sir...

Removing RAID controller at XP boot up
I installed a pci card with two ATA 133 HD drive ports it came with drivers, I think I installed the wrong driver (RAID instead of straight). Cant get rid of the Marvel Raid control because it comes up before boot and has presumably tucked itself in the bios somewhere. Is there a solution? Perhaps reflashing the bios? Charlie+ "Charlie+" <charlie@xxx.net> wrote in message news:k47mq55qel8a848nl8u1l7rp31uvvdhg4m@4ax.com... > I installed a pci card with two ATA 133 HD drive ports it came with > drivers, > I think I installed the wrong driver (RAID inste...

Question about Date validation
Hi All, I'm working on a form for weekly data entry. I'd like to create a date field where the user will enter the date the week ends (ie week ending Friday, June 25th). Is there a way to write code so that Access will check that the day the user inputs is a Friday (and if not they will recieve an error message)?. I know how to program the error message pop-up box, but I have no idea how to write code to check if the date inputted is a Friday. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Use the WeekDay function If WeekDay(Me.DateField) = 6 Then MsgBox "Error" En...

a question about XmlTextReader.ReadBase64()
Hi, I am new to xml, so if I ask something stupid or funny, pls don't laugh. my problem is like this: I have a data structure like this class mydata { byte[] data; }; // I wrote it to xml like this XmlTextureWriter writer; writer.WriteStartElement("MyData"); writer.WriteAttributeString("Length",md.data.Length.ToString()); writer.WriteBase64(md.data,0,md.data.Length); writer.WriteEndElement(); // I want to read it out XmlTextReader reader; while(reader.Read()) { switch(reader.NodeType) { case XmlNodeType.Element: MyData md = new MyData(); while(reader.M...

CRM3.0 Question on Activity
Hello, I am using CRM3.0. I have the following case. 1. Create Campaign 2. Add contact to campaign list 3. Create Campaign activity - Phone call 4. Distribute activity 5. CRM User will make phone call 6. When contact is interest, CRM user will make a "Free Trail" for contact. I am having troble in step 6. So far as I know, I have two choices for "Free Trail". A) Service Activity If I choose to create a service activity, then I can not link up the service activity with the campaign or phone call. B) Appointment If I choose appointment, I can set "regarding"...

Pvt Table Question
I am creating several pvt tables that will be updated often with new data. I want to know if there is any function within a pvt table that I can use to set up my pvt table so that only the top 10 data points are automatically displayed. So for example, if i have pvt table set up to show brand name and then accounts for each brand name and I sorted on accounts descending and only wanted the pvt table to show the top 10 brands that had the highest total accounts. Is this possible? Thanks. Hi, To show the top 10 values for a field - double-click the field heading, click 'Advanced' ...

Historical Stock Status As of Date
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A5_01C8845C.ADFC9B50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I'd like to know whether anyone has encountered an issue wherein the As = of Date that is printed in the Historical Stock Status Detailed by Item = does not follow the date as indicated in the report options screen. = Currently we are trying to print the said report but no matter what date = we put in, the As of Date that prints on the report is set to 30 Jan = 2008. Is there anything that we...

Copy and Paste question
I have a macro that copies and pastes a large amount of data. After it has run I get the question: " There is a large amount of information on the clipboard. Do you want to [keep it]?" Could someone please tell me how I can avoid this question being asked as I never wish to keep the data? Many thanks Insert this line after the pasting is done, it will clear the clipboard: Application.CutCopyMode = False hth knut egil "Richard" <rgarwell@jaguar.invalid> skrev i melding news:bpi1ee$cf71@eccws12.dearborn.ford.com... > I have a macro that copies and pastes a l...

Lebans tooltip control 10-28-07
I am trying to use the tooltip control on a form with a tab control, on which are the other controls I want to show information for. On controls that are outside the tab control, it works fine; on controls inside the tab control, the tooltip shows on text boxes only when they have the focus, and on check boxes not at all. I've tried every naming scheme for controls I can think of, without any luck. Anybody have any ideas about this??? Is it the same problem as using a subform???? I am using ACCESS 2003 -- Jack Walsh ...

Formula question 03-03-10
I am trying to complete the following. In s141 i have a drop list with 'yes' and 'no' as possiblities. In x141 i have a drop list with 3 possible choices, .02 , .04 , or .08 g141 is the originating cell p159 is the answer cell. if s141 remains empty or has 'no' chosen from the drop list i need p159 to remain blank, however if 'yes' is in s141 then i need the answer from g141 multiplied by .02 or .04 or .08 (which ever one is chosen from the drop list in x141) to be displayed in p159. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance. Scoob...

Question about frontend backend config
We have two E2K3 boxes, both with E2K3/sp1 running on W2K3/sp1. At first we just had one, but were continually running out of disk space (Ent. vers.), so I re-imaged a system with a great deal more space and installed E2K3/sp1 on it, and moved some, but not all of the mailboxes on it. My plans are to use the old server (svr1) as a FE, then use the new one(svr2) as a BE. I have not checked the FE box on svr1 yet. Also, we have configured OWA to run on svr1, and it worked until I started moving mailboxes. Here are my questions: - I have several Mac clients using Entourage, configured to co...

Newb question: How did my Form_.... Access Class Objects get crea
I have an access database that originally was created in office 2003 access. I am not in 2007 Access. When I go into the IDE, I can see, under Microsoft Office Access Class Objects, a set of what appears to be modules named: - Form_form abc - Form_form xyz etc Each of these corresponds to an actual form I have created, and includes subroutines like Private Sub RefreshAssetTable() ImportExcel End Sub Private Sub Command4_Click() ImportExcelAssets End Sub by default. Now, my question: How did this class "modules" (and I know that is the wrong term) get created? I &...

New to Visio-Hyperlink Question
I have created a flowchart in Visio 2000. I put in a hyperlink to another flowchart. When I view my flowchart in full-screen view I click on the hyperlink for the other flowchart and it opens in Actual Size mode w/ all the toolbars open. I would like for it to remain in full-screen mode for the flowchart I open when I click on the hyperlink. Is this possible? Thanks in Advance, Mike ...

Spinner Control and Protected Worksheet
I have inserted a SPINNER control in my worksheet > thereafter, I have REMOVED its "Locked" checkmark (format control > protection). Then, I protected the worksheet. When I try to use the spinner after protecting the workseet, the system says: "The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and therefore read-only"!!! VERY VERY FRUSTRATING. Any suggestions ???? (worksheet enclosed - protected without a password for testing). Attachment filename: test.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid...

Sum of calculated controls in footers
I have a report with the following groupings: 1.) Claimant 2.) Group 3.) Carrier in the Claimant footer I have the a control named max_ded with the following calculation =Max([Ded]). I need to be able to sum this field at the "group level", and then sum the "group level sum" at the carrier level. I have tried to sum(max([Ded])) and I get error messages. I have tried Sum([max_ded]) etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Re: Front-end question
If i have 2 front-end and one crash, the other will function properly? or i must modify something? i must change the server (on clients) where all clients points? "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote in message news:oihld0ha1q9jacg65p4vjo3g7j2mmo5eq0@4ax.com... > "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> wrote: > > >I don't understand very well, how FE server function.... > >Just download "Using Exchange 2000 Server and Exchange Server 2003 Front-End > >Servers"but i don't understand how FE and BE comunicate in a multiple server...

Edit control
Hi, I have a dialog window to display as modal, in the dialog , there is a edit control, the focus is in edit control, I want to catch the enter key when user press enter in edit control, but the dialog close when I press enter key(I donot want to close the dialog). How can I catch the enter pressed message in dialog? Thanks Jessie Hi Jassie, Note that any time you press enter and if the focus is in an edit ctrl the CDialog::OnOk() func will be called. If you override CYourDlg::OnOk, it means that this func will be called, and, of course, it contains the call of CDialog::OnOk. Hence, y...

Simple MFC/C++ development question
I want to develop a simple GUI utiliy using C++/MFC. I mostly develop for Linux using Java/C and I am used to used Sun's JDK and GNU's C compiler running under Linux. My question is where can I get a minimum set tools I need to develop a MFC application. I don't really want an IDE (i.e. VC++6) - what I'm after is a compiler and the header/libraries to link my MFC based utility against. I will use my favourite editor to enter the code. TIA Paul. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > I want to develop a simple GUI utiliy using C++/MFC. > > I mostly d...

Outlook 2002 questions
Hello, on starting Outlook 2002, I would like Outlook to automatically dial a connection, and send/receive immediately - but I would prefer it not to perform a background send/receive every x minutes. Is it possible to do all this? Thanks Mr Shed Mister Shed schrieb am 24.01.2005 14:18: > Hello, on starting Outlook 2002, I would like Outlook to automatically dial > a connection, and send/receive immediately - but I would prefer it not to > perform a background send/receive every x minutes. Is it possible to do all > this? Tools | Options | E-Mail-Setup | Send/Receiv...

Outlook 2002 backup question...please help!
Hi all, I am having a problem with windows which may require me to reformat. I cannot get into outlook (2002) via windows, but I can access files from dos. Can someone please tell me where the data files for outlook 2002 are stored, and which ones I'd need to copy? Thanks in advance for any help. Jim See if this info helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm "Jim" <lakerfan426@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OUhIH0oTGHA.4132@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I am having a problem with windows which may require me to reformat. I >...

Date Header and Layout Questions
I have 1 table with headings of: TaskType SiteName StartDate EndDate On a report, I want the header to show every Monday's date going horizontally displaying every Monday from now until 2 years from now. Then I want the Vertical column to be the TaskType. Within the report I want the SiteName to be identified in both the Monday's Date Column and the TaskType Column. For example, 30-Nov-09 (Monday) TaskType-DSR SiteName - DC. The date being on the header, the TaskType on each row and the SiteName cross referenced between them. Does this make any sense? ...

Creating a report that tracks stock's life cycle (buy, transfer, s
Greetings and Salutations I purchase ABC stock, and it is held by my broker "Those Brothers". I purchase more ABC stock at different times. These transactions are recorded in Money. I move my investments from "Those Brothers" to the "Quiet Company" and I purchase more ABC stock at various times. The Transfer Out and the additional Buys are all recorded in Money. I decide to sell a lot of ABC stock (spanning multple purchases and multiple investment firms) and use the FIFO method. Somehow Money knows which shares it is selling, I would like to get a report...

VBA variable to population Table Question
I am using the following code to fill a line in one of my tables based off what someone enters into a text box. The problem is whenever the code runs a popup dialog box comes up asking the user to enter the variable values over again. How can I set it up so the values are just taken from the text box instead of being asked for in the dialog window? DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.RunSQL ("INSERT INTO Keywords (ReferenceID, Keyword) VALUES (RefID, KeyPart)") DoCmd.SetWarnings True "Zachary" <zlehmann@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a40e9e56-e8b9-48e2-80e1-cb2...

access 2000 workgroup security question
I haven't used workgroup security for many years and forgot how it all works but have a situation now where I have an access 2000 database that uses workgroup security and possibly other security and I'm trying to figure out how to get it so I can design forms or export the forms out of the database into an unsecured database. I purchased one of those $30 workgroup password crackers and ran it, here's the results: Lets assume the database is called XXX.MDB and the workgroup is called WWW.MDW For the workgroup we have: "wuser" and "wpassword"...