space left for future entry = #DIV/0!

I'm making a sheet to calculate my grades, but since its the beginning
of the semmester, the spaces aren't filled in yet. How do i ignore a
cells until they have  a value?

--
clooney
clooney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34711

=IF(ISERROR(<your stuff>,"",<your stuff>))

HTH
--
AP

"clooney" <clooney.289sa5_1148403671.6072@excelforum-nospam.com> a �crit
dans le message de news:
clooney.289sa5_1148403671.6072@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I'm making a sheet to calculate my grades, but since its the beginning
> of the semmester, the spaces aren't filled in yet. How do i ignore a
> cells until they have  a value?
>

> --
> clooney
> clooney's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34711
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544790

0
ardus.petus (319)
5/23/2006 5:07:55 PM
Specifically, it depends on the formula......
instead of
=AVERAGE(A1:A10)
you could use
=SUM(A1:A10)/COUNT(A1:A10)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"clooney" wrote:

> I'm making a sheet to calculate my grades, but since its the beginning
> of the semmester, the spaces aren't filled in yet. How do i ignore a
> cells until they have  a value?
>

> --
> clooney
> clooney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34711
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544790

0
CLR (807)
5/23/2006 6:57:01 PM
I tried the count function, but doesnt that just count the number of
cells that have entries rather than an actual sum..?

email me if you want and Ill send you the file so you can take a look
yourself.

thanks.
clooney@stlcop.edu

--
clooney
clooney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34711
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544790

Doubt on porting from WinCE 5.0 to WinCE 6.0 IPU driver
Hello, I have a OS project on Windows CE 5.0 and BSP Freescale iMX31. I have cloned the ipu.h file in the directory PLATFORM\<MyBSP>\SRC\DRIVERS\IPU\SDC from directory PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\CSP\ARM\FREESCALE\MXARM11\DRIVERS\IPU\INC to modify it and to avoid the modifications in public common code. Now, I have to porting the project on Windows CE 6.0 where CSP under PUBLIC\COMMON doesn't exist but there is the SOC and PLATFORM\COMMON. I have to modify directly PLATFORM\COMMON\SRC\SOC\FREESCALE\MXARM11_FSL_V1\IPU\INC\Ipu.h file or I have to apply the same solution as in Win...

WDK 7.0.0.7600 Tape and Medium Changer Driver Samples?
I noticed that miniTape and Medium Changer Driver samples have been removed. Will I encounter build issues if I move legacy minitape and medium changer driver src that was built with WDK 6000 into this enviroment? Thanks, Steve they should build just fine, barring any new warnings/improvements in the compiler -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "S. Heck" <SHeck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D736B2F9-B2E9-4062-95F2-1CF1F7498870@microsoft.com... > I noticed that miniTape and Med...

Import Mail from Netscape 7.0
I work for a company that uses Netscape 7.0 for our email. We are looking into converting to Outlook 2003, but I cannot find a way to import messages from Netscape 7.0 into Outlook or Outlook Express. All the articles I read are about importing 4.7 and below. Can anyone help me? Thanks! I believe that is the tool for it; downgrade to Netscape 4.7 first and import the messages into OE and then export them to Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jo...

correct other module entries in gl (reclass a/p)
When in GL transaction entries it would be very helpful if you could reclass "correct" entries from other modules and retain drill back link(for example A/P). Thank You ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutio...

Take the space out of text?????
I have exported some information into a excel spreadsheet that I will be importing into another program. Unfortunately one of the colums has a space between the text that I need to remove. Example: how cell looks now: abcde fghij how I need it to look: abcdefghij Unfortunately it is not a small worksheet. It has 5863 rows that need to be changed. PLEASE!!!! PLEASE!!!! HELP!!!!!! If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Nichole --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi you have already posted this. Have you read the answers ?? -- Regards Frank...

Convert Word 6.0 to Word 2003 programatically
With the latest security update from MS Security Existing word templates documents could not be loaded and they started throwing exceptions each time we load. We would like to convert the existing Word 6.0 to Word 2003 programmatically or by using a tool. How do we convert using .NET? Or any existing MS Tool Thanks for the help It sounds like your problem maybe with the KB973904 security update. Try removing it. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, ...

Formula to enter to round an Excel value up to the next $0.5?
If I have a value of $10 and add 10% by dividing by 0.90, I get $11.11 which I would like to round up to the nearest $0.5, i.e. $11.15. Does anybody know the formula and can you use it on a result which is also a formula? Thanks, Lee "Lee" wrote: > If I have a value of $10 and add 10% by dividing by 0.90, > I get $11.11 which I would like to round up to the > nearest $0.5, i.e. $11.15. From your example, I presume you mean "nearest $0.05" (nickel). > Does anybody know the formula and can you use it on a > result which is also a formula? If you truly ...

Solved Problem
Solved Problem - dotnefx Net Framework 2.0 3.5 not installing in WinXP the solution is just install this hotfix (its actually a hotfix for .msi installer - but it solves the problem anyhow !!!) ---> WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe <--- Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable which can be found here : http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en#QuickInfoContainer i was experiencing the same trouble trying to update my Windows Xp Pro SP3 (this works for SP2 also as far as i know) which gave me all kinds of ...

Lookup Issue (V 3.0 CRM)
Hello, On my Opportunity Form, I have a look-up field called "customerid". I need to write some JavScript code that when the user selects a customer (account) from the customerid field lookup, the custom field CFScompanyname is automatically fills in. How do I get the company name from the above LookUp Does anyone have an idea on how I would go about doing this? Thanks In the onChange event of the customerid field, put a javascript like: var custName=crmForm.all.customerid.DataValue[0].name; { crmForm.CFScompanyname.value=custName; } -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http:/...

How to move our data from Online CRM 4.0 to On Premise 4.0
Greetings everyone, We have been evaluating the on line version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 for almost a month. The 12 employees who were selected for the test period spent many hours on uploading their contacts and calendar to the online website. Now we decided to use the on premise version and need to export all the data out to the online account and import to on premise. I was wondering if anyone can direct me to a document or any kind of resources that explains the process. Thank you, E. I was wondering about this too a few months ago. There are tools available for moving fro...

System crashed -Reload of Windows left out office
I have had a version of Microsoft office since 1994, the most recent version being Money 2000. I utilize this program every day to track my current and future financial info. When the system crashed I reloaded Windows 98, however, something must be wrong with my CD drive as it kept stopping, at various lengths, and saying Void-Retry- and something else in DOS (which I never did understand. My financial information is still in my favorites, as I save the info each day. When i try to open Money I receive a message, as follows: "This applicationm can not identify the end user identif...

Outlook Client
When I attempt to go offline with the Outlook client, I receive the error, Failed move data for entity Case during action salnsert, countRows........ I saw a couple of other posts about this error but no response to them. Can anyone provide some additional information about how to correct the issue? Thank you, Donna This could happen for a few different reasons but make sure the user has permissions to the BCP folder in his profile... C:\Documents and Settings\%UserName%\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM\BCP "Donna Edwards" wrote: > When I attempt to go offline with the O...

Financial Settings in CRM 3.0
Is there any way (supported or un) to change/undo the fiscal period template settings? -- --Dodd ...

How do I enter a date in excel without "/" ex. 041504 will show 0.
Excel can't do this without some help. You could look at: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.QDEDownload.html for an addin that can set this up. tj "Amy" wrote: > ...

vc++ 6.0 application runs on windows 20003 (64 bit CPU 32 bit OS)
Hi I have a VC++ 6.0 application runs on windows 20003 (64 bit CPU and 32 bit OS), it does not work. The same application runs fine on Windows XP and Windows 2000. When I debug it with VC++ 6.0, the break points and the source code totally messed up. I have a if else statement, the debug goes from inside if goes to else block if (...) { ....................... } else { ............... } Does any one have any idea about this? Thank you for your help There is no content whatsoever in the phrase "does not work". There is always a specific statement as to why something do...

Ability to insert a row to the Payroll Quick Entry
I would like to make the following suggestion with respect to the Payroll Canada. I was wondering if the functionality in the Payroll Qiuck Entry could allow the user to insert a row when entering hours. Presently we have the ability to delete a row but not insert a row. If you are making adjustments to an individual employee you can't insert a row you have to do the adjustments at the bottom of the page. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&...

Does CRM 4.0 work well with Office 2003?
Hi all, We're looking at upgrading from CRM 3 to 4.0. Most of our users are at MS Office 2003 and we'd like to keep that way for now. I understand 4.0 is supposed to be "compatible" with MS Office 2003 but I've been researching the issues. Are there any known compatibility issues between CRM 4.0 and MS Office 2003? Will using 2003 instead of 2007 cause any loss of functionality in CRM? (Such as disabling the tracking token.) Thank you, Mohamed Both Outlook 2003 and 2007 works fine with Microsoft CRM 4.0. We have a mix of Outlook versions being used everyday for the l...

Always future dates
I have a form with an unbound text box for entering a date. The text box's format property is set to Short Date. Here's the problem, based on today (09/14/07): If a user enters 01/15 into the text box, Access will expand that date to 01/15/07. The users would like the date to be expanded to 01/15/08, the future date instead of one in the past. Can someone suggest the easiest way to force the date into the future? Is there some sort of formatting property I can set, or would this need to be done in code? If it's in code, have you seen a sample anywhere that would give me a good sta...

Any word on the release of CRM version 2.0?
I was reading the recent press release from Microsoft (http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2004/dec04/12-14YearReview.asp#empowering) and noticed no mention of the next release of Microsoft CRM in it. Does anyone know when the next version is planned for release? There is a product roadmap on the partner site inside a powerpoint presentation: https://partner.microsoft.com/productssolutions/business/40006821 This says Version 2 is slated for Q2 of 2005 (April-June). Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Jim" wrote: > I was reading the recent press releas...

Inventry field in Receivings Transaction Entry
I have done an upgrade from GP9 to GP 10. Since the upgrade the additional line on the Receivings Transaction Entry window is missing, the fields in question are: Inventry Account, Tax Detail ID, Change Reason and Tax Amount. How do I get this back on again? -- Stephen Great Plains Consultant Stephen, was this a customization you had in GP 9.0? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Stephen" <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9123...

HIDE #div/0
i need to hide #div/0 when PMT(E6/12,F6,E4 equal a 0 i tried IF(ISERROR (PMT(E6/12,F6,E4),"",(PMT(E6/12,F6,E4)) but it is not working You haven't matched the parentheses properly. Use: IF(ISERROR (PMT(E6/12,F6,E4)),"",(PMT(E6/12,F6,E4))) Regards, Fred "bobmuse" <bobmuse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D030826A-9E40-4A2D-A130-86B6B1C27874@microsoft.com... >i need to hide #div/0 when PMT(E6/12,F6,E4 equal a 0 > > i tried > IF(ISERROR (PMT(E6/12,F6,E4),"",(PMT(E6/12,F6,E4)) > but it is n...

After Upgrade to CRM 3.0 cannot send email (urgent)
Hi all, i completed upgrade the crm 1.2 to crm 3.0. but now my crm 3.0 cannot send email. i can't find any error msg in event viewer. i suspect is when i key in exchange server name not correct. have any way to check exchange server i key in it is correct or not. or change the exchange name without uninstall crm 3.0 therefore, have anyone can give some tips to solve the problem? any help will be greatly apprieated. Thank you regards, Ng Ng, You could try to run the setup again and choose the 'repair' option. This let's you set the exchange server and SMTP server a...

Advice on Install 4.0 please
Hello, I just finished installing a new Server 2008 AD DC for installing MS CRM 4.0. My question is please. Do I need Exchange to do this or can I use another mail server? Also what OU should this application run in? Thank you Joe I double posted this sorry. I made a mistake and posted in the wrong place. CRM does not require Exchange. 4.0's email router can be setup to use any SMTP/POP3 mail server. The OU does not matter either. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CFCA484-C63B-415F-80BD-EC828920CF15@...

Outlook 2003/Adobe 6.0 Standard
We are using Outlook 2003 with Exchange. The workstation is Windows XP. We only have a couple users getting this error message: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" This error comes up the first time you try to reply to a message and once you click past the error message it doesn't re-appear until you've restart Outlook. The email editor is Word from within Outlook. I thought I saw a thread that mentioned Adobe updates to clear this message. I've updated the Windows updates, the Office updat...

CRM 3.0 authenticates via iexplore, but fails with outlook client.
CRM server 3.0 is installed on the primary domain controller for the shop, and crm client 3.0 for outlook is installed in a laptop. The laptop is running a "clean" install of Windows XP, Symantec Antivirus 9.0, Outlook for Office 2007, and CRM 3.0 (and dependancies per the CRM install tools). The laptop is a member of the domain, and the user is logged into his domain account on the laptop. Nothing else is installed in the laptop. Everything below takes place from within the domain--no VPN, no DMZ involved. Using Internet Explorer (from the laptop) If I type in the url for MSCRM se...