sort number with fractions

How can i sort this 1/1 1/2 10 191/2 2 201 202/5 280 3 3/2 to this 1/1 1/2 2
3 3/2 10 191/2 201 202/5 280? Please help!
0
surveyer (1)

If you have these values in column T from T1 down then enter formula
=VALUE(LEFT(T1,IF(ISERROR(SEARCH("/",T1)),LEN(T1),SEARCH("/",T1)-1)))
in U1, select range T1:U10
and sort selection by column U (choose no header)!

Regards,
Stefi

„surveyer” ezt írta:

> How can i sort this 1/1 1/2 10 191/2 2 201 202/5 280 3 3/2 to this 1/1 1/2 2
> 3 3/2 10 191/2 201 202/5 280? Please help!
0
Stefi (275)

PO Numbering Problem
When we enter new purchase orders at one of our stores we get prompt that the new purchase order number has been left blank, do you want store ops to automatically generate an Order Number? If you say yes we get a box that says "Store Operations Business Rules" . Error #2147217913 " Syntex error converting the nvarchar vale "17.62' to a column of data type int. (source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server...At the bottom it says NOCOUNT ON. Ther person making entries thinks that at some point they may have entered a 17.62 shipping cost in the PO number box ...

number a list
I have an excel ss of book and video titles. I would like to make one column the number corresponding to each title. Just a simple scheme like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc... How would I tell excel to put sequential numbers in a column? Thank you, -- Joe Fisher Teacher, K-8 Marion, MT Clarification: I have the titles in cells B:2-B:213 I'd like to have the number 1 in cell A:2, the number 212 in cell A:213 Is there a way to do that without manually typing in each number? Joe "Joe Fisher" <stormy_1957@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e8PNO1ehGHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl.....

XY Scatter x & y axis grid numbers
I'm doing charts for an algebra class and I need my xy scatter to show whole numbers rather than halfs. I also want to see a full chart even if my points are positive for the x axis, how do I do that? signed getting angrier Double click on an axis, and on the Scale tab, set the min, max, and major unit you want the chart to use. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "TinaG" <TinaG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:762DB063-FE80-4480-93BB-6A77C73...

converting text to numbers
I would like to convert text to numbers. I have a filed 123 that is text and I would like to convert it into numbers. /Tinnen Hi Tinnen Copy a empty cell Select your range and right click on it Choose pastespecial.. And select Add Ok -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Tinnen" <magnus_annchatrine@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:19a401c38289$6c46de20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to convert text to numbers. > > I have a filed 123 that is text and I would like to > convert it into numbers. > > /Tinnen ...

Find all cells with a number and mulitply
How can I find all cells in a sheet that are a number greater than zero and multiply each one by a number? IE: the number to multiply by is 1.2 A1 Tom A2 25 A3 0 G12 Bob G13 25 I want to programatically (without using a macro) find cells a2 and g13 only and multiply them by 1.2 Thanks in advance for your help. Jim Jim, As long as you don't have any negative numbers, it doesn't matter about being > 0 (0*n=0) or being text. Try this Put 1.2 in a spare cell and then copy it Select all the cells Goto menu Edit>Pastespecial Click the Multiply option OK out Now clear the c...

how do i reformat phone numbers?
When i copied an Act database to Outlook, the phone format includes +1 which makes the number too long to read on my pocket pc. Is there a way to reformat all current contact phone numbers to delete the +1? or can I prevent the +1 from synchronizing? w johnson <w johnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When i copied an Act database to Outlook, the phone format includes > +1 which makes the number too long to read on my pocket pc. Is there > a way to reformat all current contact phone numbers to delete the > +1? or can I prevent the +1 from synchronizing? See if th...

add alpha letter to column of numbers
I have a column of part numbers that I want to re-identify with a "W" in front of the number. There has to be a quick way of doing this but everything I have tried fails. Any advice?? One way is to CONCATENATE.........using a helper column, say column B, put this in B1 and copy down ="W"&A1 Then do copy > PasteSpecial > Values on Column B to remove the formulas........then delete column A if you wish...... It can also be done with VBA code, without using a helper column, if that method is of interest....... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "-John W.&...

Conditional Formatting based on positive/negative numbers
Hi Folks, Need some advice please. I am wanting to format a column of cells so that if they are negative numbers the cell is red and if positive the are green. I keep going rond in circles trying to work it out. I can get one half but no the other. Advice and help appreciated. Nevyn. Try this: Format: Conditional formattin: Condition 1: "Cell value is: greater than or equal to: 0" then select format green Condition 2: "Cell value is : Less than or equal to: 0" then select format red Thanks, Kimti "Nevyn" wrote: > Hi Folks, > Need ...

Line Number
While I tried to print the order details in a report, I printed the line number using the LNITMSEQ of table sop10200 divided by 16384. But for example say the first two line items are deleted in an order, and when I tried printing it, the line numbers started from 3,4, etc., Since the LNITMSEQ of table sop10200 doesn’t contain the values 16384 and 32768. How should I get the correct line numbers? Can any one please help? Thanks in advance. To date I have not found a way of implementing "always accurate" line numbers with just Report Writer. However, with VBA this is extrem...

Page numbering #16
I want to use Roman numerals for numbering the pages of the first section of my publication. Can I do it with Publisher 2003? Go to the first page. From the Insert menu click Section and choose the number format you want. -- Computing should be about insight, not numbers or flash. ...

numbers in cells
everytime I enter a number in a cell it gets converted to a date. How do I correct this? I clicked on the "numbers" tab and selected "general", but that wasn't the soulution. Did you change the format of the cell to general, then retype your entry? If yes and it still happened, what did you type and what did it change to? Chicken Dogs wrote: > > everytime I enter a number in a cell it gets converted to a date. How do I > correct this? I clicked on the "numbers" tab and selected "general", but that > wasn't the soulution. --...

Sorting Tabs
Is there a way in a macro to sort Tabs? There are 4 tabs i do not want sorted and have somewhere between 30 and forty I would like to sort. Currently they are all numbers but it may be that some may have alpha and numbers together. Thanks in advance. Ed Davis Start here: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.aspx If Chip does not answer your question (unlikely) then Google with <Excel sort worksheets> best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Ed Davis" <ed.davis1@verizon.net> wrote in message news...

Page Numbers in a Newsletter
Hi, I am new to Publisher and my first project was to create a newsletter. I chose one of the existing publication designs, but now I can't modify it as I want to. Specifically, the page numbers keep re-justifying themselves. Can anyone help? It's driving me NUTS! Cheers, Jean Delete the existing Text Frames and make new Text Frames and insert Page Numbers. Remember, there is a thing called a HELP file!!! - USE IT -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000...

WAY to make tracking /order numbers for cut stacks !
IS there ANYONE who knows how to make a formula or a process that can make tracking numbers 4 to a page down not across a cut 1/4 stack ? That means once i cut a pile of 8.5x11 sheets in 4 quarters.. each stack is numericly in order . Because so far i been posting this question in MS Office help ..NOT 1 soul CAN figure this out !! WHAT gives?? I realize that some volenteer ..and are not payed for helping..and this may be some part of the reason of discrepency. james wrote: > IS there ANYONE who knows how to make a formula or a process that can make > tracking numbers 4 to a page ...

Sort macro
I would like some advice please, I need to make a sorting macro. how do I make it ignore blank cells and not put the blanks at the top of the page. also I have some cells with data in that I will need it to ignore. example: Sheet Name = M Sort Part 1 (Page1=A1:AA59) Sort $A$13:$AA$51 by column E then C Ascending (Page2=A60:AA118) Sort $A$72:$AA$110 by column E then C Ascending (Page3=A119:AA177) Sort $A$131:$AA$169 by column E then C Ascending (Page4=A178:AA236) Sort $A$190:$AA$228 by column E then C Ascending after sort print 2 copies of each page that has data in the sort range, if no d...

Random Sorting
Can anyone help? I have a sheet with the following data: Item, Price1, Price2, Price3, Price4, I want to sort the prices for each item randomly but not sorting the whole col together but sorting row for row eg. Item, Price3, Price2, Price4, Price1, Item, Price2, Price4, Price3, Price1, Item, Price1, Price2, Price3, Price4, And so on down the rows. I can sort the whole col. by using a rnd. number but that wont help as my prices are from low to high and I need them to be scattered but still relating to the correct items. Many thanks in advance, Des ...

Checking numbers in range
Hi NG I have two ranges. The first is a column of numbers say A:A), maybe 1 2 3 4 5 The other range is just a range of numbers (say C1:E2). 2 9 7 6 10 8 I now want to test if one of the numbers in range 1 exists in range 2 (range 2 contians either one, og no numbers from range 1, never more than one.). If a number exist, I want to return the value of that number, if it does not, i want to return "". Jan Use COUNTIF, such as =IF(COUNTIF($D$1:$F$2,A1)>0,A1,"") -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Jan ...

How do I enter a decimal in a string of numbers in Excel? Example.
Please post your question in the BODY of the message, not the subject line, and clarify with an example of the initial data and what you want to end up with. If it's to translate 123 to 1.23, you divide by 100. On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 15:03:07 -0800, Joy <Joy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

[$-409] in Custom Number Formats
Hello All, I've seen [$-409] in some number formats and I was looking through the help files to see if I could find out what it means. I couldn't find anything on it. I've also seen [$-F800]. Does anyone know what these codes are for or where I can find info telling me what they are for and any others that can be used? Thanks for any help anyone can provide, Conan Kelly Looks like it is the locale and language designation code. 0409 is English (US) http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010346351033.aspx "Creating international number formats" Jim Con...

Positioning Page Numbers
We are trying to print page numbers in the upper right hand corner of the page. The Excel charts will be included as part of a Word report so we want the page setups to look the same. In Excel we cannot find a way to move the page numbers even with the margin of the page as they are in Word. I can do this with numbers on the left hand side of the page by inserting spaces before the number in the set up box, but I cannot find a way to move the page numbers in from the right hand side. Any ideas? seems so simple, but...... Kathy the only way I can think of that gets close is as...

complex number in excel 2003 sp3
I run Excel 2003 sp3,Italian language settings, in the Windows XP sp3 operating system. I have created an Excel sheet including equations with complex numbers. I have verified that if I use the comma as decimal separator and the point as thousands separator, Italian number setting, this sheet runs well. While if I use the point as decimal separator and the comma as thousand separator, USA number setting, the sheet doesn' t work. It is strange because all the other sheets without complex number equations work well in both the situation. The problem is that I need to change between th...

Sort Expression
I have the following expression in a query. I would like to sort the account # ascending however when I choose ascending in the grid it groups all the 1's , then the 2,' and so on. I would like it to show in numerical order. Any ideas. Expr1: [Account#] & ", " & [LastName] & " , " & [FirstName] & ", " & [City] Also at the moment the customer is found by their account#. Is there a way to utilize this to search by partial name or would I need to set up a seperate query. TIA On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 08:58:22 -0700, myxmaster@hotmai...

sorting data #2
Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive searched to no avail, as I dont really know what to call the question. i have the following A B 4 2 1 5 2 3 1 6 4 3 Can I automate the sorting of this data so that for each value in column A the Values in Column B are totaled, ie it becomes A B 1 11 2 3 4 5 Thanks Andy --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could either sort your data by column A and then Data|subtotals or you could add headers and do Data|pivottable. powelly wrote: > > Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive searched to no avail, as I >...

SORTING A FILE XML
Hi, is it possible to sort a XML file without using a XSLT or XSL file?? For example, my XML is: <A> <1> <3> <4> <2> </A> <C> <2> <1> </C> <B> <3> <2> <1> </B> The result of the sorting method should by: <A> <1> <2> <3> <4> </A> <B> <1> <2> <3> </B> <C> <1> <2> </C> Can anyone help me ? Thanks Siu wrote: > is it possible to sort a XML file...

Sorting Names i the Contact View
Is it possible to sort contacts by last name, first name instead of full name? The fullname contains the first and last name as specified in the organization settings. Go to Settings / System Settings. There is a combobox defining how the fullname is calculated. If it is "First Last", change it to "Last, First". After you changed this setting, the fullname will contain the desired format and your views are sorted the way you want. The problem is that the full names of existing records are not updated automatically. You will get the old "First Last" until yo...