Size of sheet

I have created a small spreadsheet in Excel XP. I have hidden all the
unwanted columns and rows and it prints ok. However, when trying to email,
all the unused columns and rows are still present (though hidden) creating a
very large file too large to send. How do I limit the size of the sheet?
0
Thebard (2)

Unhide the columns/rows, select the first row (the whole row) that you want
to hide,
press ctrl + shift & down arrow, then do edit>delete, save the workbook.
Repeat for the columns but press Ctrl + Shift & right arrow, finally hide
the column/rows again

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"The bard" <Thebard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a small spreadsheet in Excel XP. I have hidden all the
> unwanted columns and rows and it prints ok. However, when trying to email,
> all the unused columns and rows are still present (though hidden) creating
> very large file too large to send. How do I limit the size of the sheet?

0
terre081 (3244)
9/14/2007 3:49:07 PM
How do I unhide? The Unhide option is greyed out.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> Unhide the columns/rows, select the first row (the whole row) that you want
> to hide,
> press ctrl + shift & down arrow, then do edit>delete, save the workbook.
> Repeat for the columns but press Ctrl + Shift & right arrow, finally hide
> the column/rows again
>

> --
>

> Regards,
>

> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "The bard" <Thebard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have created a small spreadsheet in Excel XP. I have hidden all the
> > unwanted columns and rows and it prints ok. However, when trying to email,
> > all the unused columns and rows are still present (though hidden) creating
> > very large file too large to send. How do I limit the size of the sheet?

0
Thebard (2)
9/15/2007 7:52:00 AM
In the namebox type in the range that is hidden, for example if rows 50 to
65536 are hidden type

50:65536

press enter

then do format>rows>unhide, do the same for the columns, then delete the
used range as I explained earlier, save the workbook. Hide the columns/rows
again, save the workbook. That should be it

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Unhide the columns/rows, select the first row (the whole row) that you
> want to hide,
> press ctrl + shift & down arrow, then do edit>delete, save the workbook.
> Repeat for the columns but press Ctrl + Shift & right arrow, finally hide
> the column/rows again
>

> --
>

> Regards,
>

> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "The bard" <Thebard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have created a small spreadsheet in Excel XP. I have hidden all the
>> unwanted columns and rows and it prints ok. However, when trying to
>> email,
>> all the unused columns and rows are still present (though hidden)
>> creating a
>> very large file too large to send. How do I limit the size of the sheet?

0
terre081 (3244)

Change the size of the dropdown list in CComboBox
I am dynamically creating a CComboBox and then using the addstring member to fill the selection list. It works fine except I don't like the way it deals with a large selection list ( > 50 items ). IT shows about 25 of the items and then has a vertical scroll bar but he 25 item list is larger than the dialog. Is there a way to limit the size of the dropdown list? I would perfer that it shows maybe 10 items at a time. Thanks Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- You...

Mailbox size changes does not take effect immediately.
Hi, We are using Exchange 2003, all of our users have a restricted mailbox size. The issue that we encountered is that when a user reached the maximun size of the mailbox, they can't send or receive any email, so we will asked the user to housekeep or increase the mailbox temporally but the time for the increased of the mailbox size to take effect is too long. So how do we make it to take effect immediately ? We did asked the user to logoff and login again or restart their pc but still it did not take effect immediately. Any ideas ? Thank you. Regards, Zul We ran into this as...

Rename Sheet
When I right click with my mouse on Sheet 1 tab, I am not given the option to rename my sheet. What could be the reason???. Linda at Verizon Is the workbook protected? Look at 'Tools' > 'Protection' Regards, Alan. "Linda@VZ" <LindaVZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA87CE90-920E-4F24-B5E3-F8EA18A5BC17@microsoft.com... > When I right click with my mouse on Sheet 1 tab, I am not given the option > to > rename my sheet. What could be the reason???. > > > Linda at Verizon ...

Extracting rows from a sheet depending on a category field
Hello, I have a large sheet with a simple data table with headers. Each item has a column 'category'. I have another sheet on which I want to fetch all items from a certain category - is this possible? I come from a database background (as you might have noticed already), and I don't have much experience with Excel. For those of you who understand queries, I basically want to do a "SELECT FROM Sheet WHERE Category = '...'" - but how do I do this? Regards, Nils Magnus You can use a database query in Excel to do this. Save your spreadsheet and open the s...

how to reduce file size of excel workbooks
How can I reduce the file size of my excel 2003 workbooks? I need to get the file size down to as small as possible without deleting data. Thanks Teri http://www.officearticles.com/excel/troubleshoot_your_workbook_in_microsoft_excel.htm and http://www.officearticles.com/excel/clean_up_your_worksheet_in_microsoft_excel.htm may be helpful to you, Teri. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Teri_2226" <Teri_2226@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8142DACA-BDB8-4557-A363-AEEAA2F1DC84@microsoft.com... > How can I reduce the file size of my excel 2003 ...

Importing email address from column in excel sheet
Wondering how to import about 60 email addresses I have in a column in an excel spreadsheet into my address book in outlook. Or even to send one email, then navigate to the email address list without actually adding them in my address book. ...

Anybody had problems with Excel and large data sheets
Hi, i am working with excel and have worksheets with about 14000 rows however it shas become increasingly unstable when applying subtotals or running macros (which inspect every row sequentialy) often crashing completely. Has anybody had similar problems, i am using a 2.4ghz pc with 500mb ram, is it something a hardware upgrade could solve?? Regards, Alan Aylett i am using 2.4 GHz with 1 GB ram, and i am having similar problems wit about 5000 rows of data. you should be happy at 14000 :-).. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe it's the workbook and not excel itself...

How can give the same name to a row or column in different sheets.
I have sheet that does that. It has the same name for similar ranges, only they are specific to the sheet, but I don't seem to be able to do it When you wish to create a WS specific (local) named range, Select the range, Click in the "name box", And enter the sheet name *before* the range name, followed with an exclamation point. Sheet1!myrange Sheet2!myrange If you know ahead of time that you will need locally named ranges, you could create them on a single WS, then, you can copy this sheet, where each copy will then already contain it's own locally named ranges. -- HTH...

Knowledge Base and font size
Hi, I am really frustrated with the knoeldge base in CRM. While on the one hand it makes sense to use it there are many short commings arround it (no attachments, customization, etc.). One big problem I currently have is, that when I paste an entry from the knowledge base into an email the fonts of the article text are huge (like 12 px or more). I was able to change the size of the title and everything, but I do not find any way to change the size of the article text. If anyone has an idea on that I would really appreciate it. Kind Regards Enno ...

Exchange 2003: Any way of getting a break down on the size, type, date range, etc of email attachments stored?
We have a sharepoint consultant in this week. He has asked me for the following data: Volume of file attachments in email system Date ranges of data Percentage of data in each date range Document types Percentage of data by document types I dont know how to get this information using Exchange 2003. Can anyone advise if this is possible? Thanks, QH Hi, You can find some with perfmon, but not all.. Regards, -- JF BERENGUER MCSA messaging, MCSE, MCT NEWPORT COMMUNICATIONS http://actelia.spaces.live.com/ "QH" wrote: > W...

Excact row and column size
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BC_01C42BA3.B7323100 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable In Publisher 2002, using calendar templates, it is easy to resize with = the mouse. However, this is a course change. There are instances when = I need to change a row or column size to an exact amount. . The Format = Table>Size seems like it would be the place to make an exact setting, = but it is inoperative and I do not see any way of making an exact size = in the Table drop down menu. =20 Is ...

how do I open an excel sheet downloaded from the internet? When .
When I hit the open box on the dialog box, I immediately have am routed to send the information. ...

Indirect reference to Sheet name
I have column A containing the names of all worksheets in the workbook. I can enter a formula e.g ="Sheet1"!D1 which gives me the contents of cell D1 on Sheet1 How do I enter a formula that substitutes the sheet name from another cell? e.g =A1!D1 where A1 on the current worksheet contains the text "Sheet1" Thanks -- Regards, Nigel nigelnospam@9sw.co.uk Hi Nigel Try =INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!D1") Not the mixture of single and double quotes " ' " 7 A1 & " ' !D1 " -- Regards Roger Govier &qu...

Changing the positions of certain sheets in excel
I have a long worksheet consisting of 20 smaller sheets. These are arranged verically. What is the simplest way to be able to change the positions of some of the sheets e.g. sheet 13 should replace sheet 9, but sheet 9 should not be lost completely because it needs to go to another vertical sequence. Similarly, two more sheets have to change their position, withoutv losing the sheets that they will replace? Thank you Aamir If I understand your question correctly, then you can right click on a sheet tab and choose Move or Copy. "Aamir" <Aamir@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Sizing all comments at once
Is it possible to resize all the comments on one spreadsheet at one time? This sheet is used monthly and for some reason every month the sizes shrink--too small to see the whole comment, there are many comments so it would be convenient to resize all at once instead of one at a time taking a couple of hours.. You can use a macro. Is the size the same for each. If not, does autosize work manually? -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Trtls" <trtls@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:E200FCB0-36F6-4D58-BB61-B9A555A0DD9E@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to resize all the comments on...

Pivot Table Use When Sheet is Protected
Is is possible to still let users click on the Field drop down box in a pivot table when the sheet is protected. I want them to be able to pullin fields that are already set up. But do not want them to be able to go to the Layout Sheet and play around with the layout. Thanks If you're using Excel 2002, or later version, you can allow users to use Pivot Table reports when you protect the worksheet. There's sample code here that disables some of a pivot table's features: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot12.html ExcelMonkey wrote: > Is is possible to still let users ...

Coding Help: Copy Checked Rows to Another Sheet
Dear Excel 2003 Users, Has anyone ever done the following: On a worksheet, have a series of rows, where there is a place in Column A to place a checkmark. The user would go through and check the rows that are needed to create a "client to-do checklist". Somewhere on the sheet, there would be a button that would copy only the lines that are checked and either put them on a new worksheet or into a new workbook. If it is easier to delete the unchecked rows, that would also be great, I would base the initial document on a template to keep it intact. It would be greatly appreciated ...

Code to Print Entire Workbook Except for One Sheet
I wanted to know what would be the VBA Code I could put behind a butto to Print All Worksheets in a workbook EXCEPT for the sheet name MainForm? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try something like sub print_it dim wks as worksheet for each wks in activeworkbook.worksheets if lcase(wks.name)<>"your_sheet" then wks.printout end if next end sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I wanted to know what would be the VBA Code I could put behind a > button to Print All Worksheets in a workbook EXCEPT for the sheet > name...

Fixed Assets don't show on Balance Sheet
I am trying to setup a balance sheet for a new company. I have several companies setup already with no issues. When I setup this new company it will NOT show my fixed assets on the balance sheet even though I have setup this balance sheet exactly like the previous ones. Any suggestions? I am at a total loss on this. Melanie, Are you using AFA (Advanced Financial Analysis) or FRx for this? If AFA, makes sure your Fixed Assets accounts have the correct Account Category assoicated with them. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax....

fonts, change size in validation
hi, i would like to know if there is a way to change the font size, increase drill down lines (currently 8) in validation rule. appreciate you kind attention The number of rows in the data validation dropdown is set at eight, and can't be changed. The font size is also set, although its appearance can be changed by increasing the zoom setting. Edgar wrote: > hi, > i would like to know if there is a way to change the font > size, increase drill down lines (currently 8) in > validation rule. > > appreciate you kind attention -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips &...

text boxes change size and font
In Excell charts, text and text boxes change size on reopening file ...

Form and protect sheet
Hi - I have a worksheet and colleagues prefer to input data (including new data) by using the 'Data - Form'. However, if I protect the sheet (Tools - Protection - Protect Sheet), then the option to create a new record or delete an old one is grayed out in the form. Is there a way round this? I am using Excel 2003. Any advice would be appreciated. Brian. Maybe you could provide them with a macro that Unprotects the worksheet Shows the Data|form Reprotects the worksheet. You could start by recording a macro when you do it manually. Then you could plop a button f...

DVD case size inserts
is there a template for MS publisher to create DVD case size inserts, I have a template for CD jewel cases but really want a template designed for DVD size cases. Some folks use the CD label templates but don't tell anybody for fear of violating the Publisher license. I don't condone this and play it safe by using the label maker in Roxio Easy CD DVD Creator 6 (modified M1-A1/b OD* in color). * OD = Olive Drab. Don US Army, SFC, Retired (If you find you're limping, your leg has been pulled). "Karebare" <Karebare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Distribution List size limits
We have Exchange 2003, and the Recipient Limits on the Global settings has been left at the default of 5000. Is this the only setting that would affect a user setting up a Distribution List? I have a user getting an error when creating a Distribution List that has about 200 members. The error is to the effect that there are too many contacts. Her mailbox size is unlimited. If there is another area affecting this size limit where is the setting for that? I have read that Outlook basically has no limits imposed on it other than the Exchange settings. http://support.microsoft.com/default...

Money 2006 and size of Data File
My Money 2004 file is 32 MB. When I had problems with upgrading to M2005, support suggested that my file was too large to upgrade successfully. Has anyone been able to update to Money 2006 with a large data file? I gave up on Money 2005. I might try Money 2006 if I hear some positive results from some veteran users. Daryle That's a rediculous response from the support person. My file is roughly twice your size and upgraded correctly. Unfortunately, this leads me to believe that there is some underlying corruption in your file. It might be worthwhile running salvage on the f...