Simple user defined function

Hi Please can anyone help
I have created a    Function CtoF(Centigrade)
CtoF =  Centigrade * 9 / 5 + 32

in theVB sheet1 code

I have then placed the function = CtoF (A2) in the worksheet cell B2

A2 contains a number, the function in Cell B2 should convert the number in
A2 to degrees Farenheit but it only gives me an error  #NAME?  I have the
correct addins and checked the names of functions but nothing works please
someone help.

0
atof31 (5)

Hi
there have you stored this UDF. It has to go into a standard module

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Subs" <atof31@dsl.pipex.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi Please can anyone help
> I have created a    Function CtoF(Centigrade)
> CtoF =  Centigrade * 9 / 5 + 32
>
> in theVB sheet1 code
>
> I have then placed the function = CtoF (A2) in the worksheet cell B2
>
> A2 contains a number, the function in Cell B2 should convert the
number in
> A2 to degrees Farenheit but it only gives me an error  #NAME?  I have
the
> correct addins and checked the names of functions but nothing works
please
> someone help.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
8/16/2004 7:16:24 PM
What exactly do you have in A2?
This worked fine for me...

"Subs" wrote:

> Hi Please can anyone help
> I have created a    Function CtoF(Centigrade)
> CtoF =  Centigrade * 9 / 5 + 32
>
> in theVB sheet1 code
>
> I have then placed the function = CtoF (A2) in the worksheet cell B2
>
> A2 contains a number, the function in Cell B2 should convert the number in
> A2 to degrees Farenheit but it only gives me an error  #NAME?  I have the
> correct addins and checked the names of functions but nothing works please
> someone help.

0
Inbar (7)
8/16/2004 9:07:03 PM
You may want to use a function built-in to excel:

=CONVERT(A1,"C","F")

(well, unless this was a learning exercise???)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

User with different alias cannot POP email from server??
Running Exchange 5.5 and here's my situation. I have a user with an NT account of bsmith. Her alias is barbsmith because there was already a bsmith alias on another Exchange server in our network. This user can log into OWA fine by using her proper alias but I cannot get Outlook to POP her email from our server. I can open Outlook 2002 on my PC and use the Test Account button for pretty much any users account but it won't work with hers. If I test with hers I get a failure message. The only difference I can see between her account and other users is the alias. I tried deleting h...

Within domain mail going to Junk Email on some users?
Hi Everyone, I have a weird situation, not sure if Exchange is causing it or if Outlook is. When certain users email others within our single domain, their mail goes directly to the recipient's junk email folder? Any thoughts as to why? No Rules are causing it that I can see... Thanks! On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 06:01:02 -0800, "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontgomery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Everyone, > >I have a weird situation, not sure if Exchange is causing it or if Outlook >is. > >When certain users email others within our single domain, t...

Forwarding email on user causes LDAP constraint violation
Scenario: two completely different domains, bi-directional trust established (single domain forrests each). Desired solution: for some users in domain A who have an Exchange Server mailbox in that domain, create a fowarding to their email address on domain B where domains A and B are trusted bi-directionally. Result: chaning the properties of user in domain A under Exchange General tab, delivery options, to forward to a user email in domain B Exchange Server causes an error box: constraint violation LDAP provider. Any clues as to what needs to be done to make this work? Browsing t...

How to delete certain emails before they reach the user's mailbox?
Hi 1. I'm dealing with Windows Small Business Server 2003 (as an administator) and Exchange Server 2003. 2. I would like to be able to create my own spam filter in C++ to run on the server and use with Exchange. 3. Is there a way to access the files which actually store the emails so that i could analyze them and delete certain ones before they reach the user's mailbox? Thanks, David. "David" <davidmccaldin@gmail.com> wrote: >1. I'm dealing with Windows Small Business Server 2003 (as an >administator) and Exchange Server 2003. > >2. I would like...

If a user delete a mail....how do i get it back?
Hi all I have a exch2003 + outlook2003 setup. i have a issue where a user deleted a mail and from Deleted items also. I tried to lg onto OWA and recover it from there but was unable to do so because it was 7-10 days back. is there anything i can do in exchange to keep message e.g 30 days after it has been deleted. Thank you for your ideas. Search for "deleted item retention" in Exchange Help. - Jason "MSExchange2003Student" <exchangestudent@newsgroups.com> wrote in message news:%23jXF4C5bHHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi all > > I have a exch...

USER NAMES
Hi, Like many telesales functions ours has a high staff turnover. In order to keep having to set up new Active Directory and CRM user accounts I was thinking of setting up a generic user accounts called, for example, telesales1, telesales2 etc instead of individual user names. The Active Directory user would therefore be called telesales 1 and within MS CRM instead of user names there would be telesales1, telesales 2 etc. Does anyone have any opinion as to whether there would be any issues with MS CRM and this intended approach? Best regards Lee Lee, As long as these users are truly uni...

Possible problem with PMT and FV functions
Hello, I must be missing something -- here’s the question. If I use the Excel PMT(rate, number of periods, beginning balance, 0,0) function, I can obtain the payments that would be made from an annuity, given the three parameters shown with the function above. The last two values are for “future value” which is set to zero, and “type” which can be a zero or 1, but I set to zero. Once I obtain the payment, I should be able to reverse the calculation and obtain the original value by using the FV(rate, periods, payments, present value, type) function. The problem is ...

VBScript String Clean function
This article provides a function written in VBScript which removes illegal characters from a string. The illegal characters are specified in an array at the beginning of the function. The function is passed the string which may contain illegal characters, which then processes the string to remove or replace any illegal characters. The code also allows you to specify the character or word which will replace specific illegal characters. The illegal characters provided in the function are included for processing strings which will become the filename of a document or list item in Sh...

BUG in typed dataset generation, when using maxoccurs and Simple Types??
Hi, I've looked all over for any information about this, and either this is a bug that I cannot find reported or I've misunderstood something. Lets say, in the XML Designer in VS.NET 2003, you drag over an element (call it MyElement) and add another element of type string (call it NormalElement) as a member. If you look at the generated typed Dataset code there should be just one table ("MyElementDataTable"), with one column (NormalElement). If you set maxOccurs to something greater than 1, or unbounded, then the dataset has to contain an additional table to allow for more ...

users permission
i'm trying to share a outlook calander with a non-local user it says( that non- local users can't be given rights on this server.) how would i go about this. please help What do you mean by non-local users? Provide more detail on how you are sharing the calendar and where the non local user is coming from. Nue "tmolaee" <tmolaee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B4D21E7-7C6F-4BBC-BA52-CD0AE5365F4E@microsoft.com... > i'm trying to share a outlook calander with a non-local user it says( > that > non- local users can't be given ri...

Cannot login a new user
I login GP as "sa" and create a newuser. When the new user tried to login GP and got "There isn't a valid login record on the server for the user ID and password you entered." I checked GP and SQL Server and the user is there. What can I do to solve the problem? Thanks. stien, Are you making sure that you log into GP with the user id as the same case? With 9.0, the user id/password is case sensitive. It could also be that you didn't grant access to the user to any companies in the User Company Access window but I don't think that's it as on initial log...

User Form
I am creating a user form. One of the fields is for the date of birth of the person being entered. The person being entered has to be between 14 and 16 on the date of entry. Is there a way to set up some type of validation so that if the person isn't between 14 and 16 an error message will pop up? If so, how? Thanks. There's a function called =datedif() that you can use. Select your cell (I used A1). Data|Validation Custom formula: =AND(DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")>13,DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")<17) First, take a look at Chip Pearson's notes at: http://ww...

about simple animation
Hi all, I am writing a Virtual OS, to represent that a number of threads are running, I want to do some simple animation, for example, each thread control the movement of one icon. How can I do this in a dialog based application? Hope you have the experience of doing simple animation and can help me. Thanks --- Astroller Lee do u need code for that!!! or Logic!!! -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I Believe this will Help" "lester" <honestkid_remove@etang.com> wrote in message news:#Z3trK2NFHA.2748@TK2M...

Batches having user id.
Hi, There is an error where user is not able to open Sales Order processing. This is happening frequently with the same user. Has anybody faced a similar problem frequently where batch number gets stored by used id in SY00500 and then the user is not able to open SOP transaction. Resolution has been given to delete such batches and then the user is able to open the SOP transaction entry screen. Can any one let me know the cause for getting this error? Regards, I believe when the batch ID is the user ID then that means the user was not actually putting the transaction into a batch, jus...

Per User 'Mark as Read' on Mailbox
We have a number of users that, as well as their own e-mail address, share a common group one. The group mailbox shows the status 'Read' for all users when the first user marks it as read, for whatever reason. Is there a way that each user can have his own read status? I realise that this is availble for Public Folders. We are using Microsoft Outlook 2000 SR1. ...

use same cell w/in a function in a entire column.
I want to be able to create a entire column in which every cell in the column pulls a data point from the same cell. If I high light and paste from my initial, lets say B1 to b2 through b100. It changes the A1 data in each cell to the next to a2 a3 a4 a5 a6 a7 a8 ect.. i know this is simple but thanks anyway. Todd Put a $ in front of the row reference (ex: a$1 instead of a1) to keep the row from advancing as you fill down. (Similarly you could put a $ in from of the column reference to keep the column from advancing as you fill right). Check Excel's help on 'cell and range re...

Dir function error
I have the following code... Dim fName As String dim DestPath as string DestPath = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" fName = Dir(DestPath & "*.*") Do Until fName = vbNullString 'additional logic here fName = Dir Loop I get error 5 Invalid procedure call or argument on the line fname = Dir and don't understand why. I am using Excel 2000. Thanks! I cannot duplicate your problem... the code you posted works fine. Are you by any chance using another Dir command (with a different argument) in the section you designated "additi...

how to replace the "new" and "delete" operator funtion define in mfc.
I am trying to overload the global new and delelte operator function in order to use my own memory allocation mechanism.Every time i do it smoothly until i get to a MFC project. The problem is that there are already a set of new and delete operator function defined in afxmem.cpp of MFC. While i'm trying to replace them with my own,the new operator call the MFC's operator new function and call my operator delete function.This is a surelost. How can i replace them completely? Booker, Best regards. It is strongly recommended that you do not overload operator new/delete....

Do not allow two users in the same A/R cash receipt batch
1) Go to Transactions/Sales/Cash Receipts. Enter a cash receipt for a customer and save it to a batch. 2) Exit the batch and log back into it as though you are going to edit the information. 3) Go into the same cash receipt batch as a second user. Notice that you are not stopped from doing this even though another user is currently editing the batch. EXPECTED RESULTS: The second user would not be allowed into the cash receipt batch while the first user is editing the batch. ACTUAL RESULTS: The second user can enter the same cash receipt batch as the first user. This opens up the...

How to make a user appear in a particular address book
I have a user that appears in the Global Address List, but I'd like him to appear in one of the other smaller address lists. How do I set a user to appear in the list of my choice? Thanks. Mentioning the version of Exchange Server you're on helps respond to such issues. By modifying the LDAP filter to ensure it picks up that user - does the user share any common attributes with other recipients on that address list? To specifically add one single user to an Address List that otherwise doesn't pick up that user, add the following: (&(objectClass=user)(cn=FirstName Last...

User still recieves notifications from deleted projects
How can we stop notifications from deleted projects? No takers? Users are being notified that they have work starting soon. Sadly, the projects referred to have been deleted. "ProjectAnalyst" wrote: > How can we stop notifications from deleted projects? This usually indicates that you have orphaned assignment records in the database. You can locate and destroy these using SQL queries, but I don't have these handy to provide to you. -- Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs and Reference http://ww...

Toolbar buttons do not function
Inbox view toolbar does not appear when outlook started, comes back if I minimise and expand window. Functionality of the buttons (send, print etc) lost until I shut down and restart. Will eventually send messages unless I have an attachment when they just sit in the outbox. Running XP Professional Windows and have just installed McAfee Internet Security Suite, anyone know of a patch or something to help. Have tried re-installation from scratch after formatting drive and it does not help? ...

Define inputs and outputs to make functions from sheets
Suggestion: Add a feature to Excel which allows a sheet to be defined as a function in another sheet, with names input cells, and named output cells. For instance, if I had a complex sheet named "estimator" which determined an inflated future cost of a room using inputs "seats" and "technology_level" and produced the result "future cost", let me call it from another sheet by setting a cell = "estimator(seats=50, technology_level=3, return future_cost)" or something of the sort. This would be a wonderful feature since it would allow more...

Lookup (or variant) function
Hope this is the right forum for this question; my apologies if not. I'm wondering if there's a variation of DLookup, DCount, or another function entirely that would allow me to find a record based on the values of two fields in any one record. I'm not sure of the syntax (from the help page), but I'm guessing it would look something like: DLookup("[Field1 & Field2", "MyDomain", "Field1 = Value1 AND Field2 = Value2") Hope that makes sense. Does such a syntax or separate function exist? Thanks AFAIK, there is no function provided that doe...

average function
Hi, If I have a list of random numbers down columnA, how would I write up a formula in another cell that calculates an average of the figures greater than a certain figure (say, 0) but less than another figure (500000). Thanks -- inoexcel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ inoexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33055 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=533818 this is an ARRAY formula so must be entered with ctrl+shift+enter =AVERAGE(IF((A2:A22>0)*(A2:A22<100),A2:...