Simple Paste question- please help!

Sorry all i'm brand new to excel and these seems like it should be so
simple :(

my data looks like this in pdf file:
J02NA
J18BD
J1GXX
J2E4E
J2KDI
J2KEO
J2T7V
J2T9W
J2T9Y
J2V3X

BUT WHEN I COPY AND PASTE INTO EXCEL IT LOOKS LIKE THIS (4 rows):

J02NA J18BD J1GXX J2E4E J2KDI J2KEO
J2T7V
J2T9W J2T9Y
J2V3X

how do i paste my data correctly or what next steps can i do so the data
pasted looks the same in excel aka 10 rows in 1 column??

I really appreciate who ever takes the time to answer this. it will help
alot! Happy Easter/ Passover etc :) Thank you in advance

--
CXIV

CXIV;1600606 Wrote:
> Sorry all i'm brand new to excel and these seems like it should be so
> simple :(
>
> my data looks like this in pdf file:
> J02NA
> J18BD
> J1GXX
> J2E4E
> J2KDI
> J2KEO
> J2T7V
> J2T9W
> J2T9Y
> J2V3X
>
> BUT WHEN I COPY AND PASTE INTO EXCEL IT LOOKS LIKE THIS (4 rows):
>
> J02NA J18BD J1GXX J2E4E J2KDI J2KEO
> J2T7V
> J2T9W J2T9Y
> J2V3X
>
> how do i paste my data correctly or what next steps can i do so the data
> pasted looks the same in excel aka 10 rows in 1 column??
>
> I really appreciate who ever takes the time to answer this. it will help
> alot! Happy Easter/ Passover etc :) Thank you in advance

If you use "paste special / values" Does that make any difference?

--
Spencer101

Pass Through to SQL Server Optimization Questions
On an autoexec function several recordsets are opened. Some are queries to local tables, some are to sql server tables. I have been trying to optimize performance but I haven't seen much difference in speed between queries run directly against linked SQL Server tables vs pass through queries. Here is my code for creating the pass throughs (I have another function OpenRecordSetLocal that handles queries to tables within the frontend. The ODBC connection string resides in the query Q_PassThrough. Am I missing something key? Is there a better way to do this? Thanks. Function OpenRecord...

Help with a formula..
I am trying to create a formula that will take information from a cell on one sheet and combine it with text on another sheet. I know how to get the two together. My problem is that I want the part that is brought in to be bolded type. Here is what I have in the formula. ="we are pleased to submit our quotation for "&(cell reference)&" according to the following specifications." What I want to do is have the cell reference part be bold type. Is there a way to do that? It doesnt work if I bold the cell.. already tried it.. Any suggestions? Thanks! KK You'...

Help needed urgently
Hi, Im trying to check that one row of data satifies a criteria, then if it does it counts an entry in another column adjescent to it. Example: - Column A - Column B Blay - Y Blay - N Blay - Y Chop - N Chop - N High - Y What i would be asking (of a much bigger table) is If Column A = Blaydon and then column B (same row) = Y, then count. In this example I would want 2 returned as the answer. Is this possible? Thanks -- Andy Try one of these... Use cells to hold the criteria: D2 = Blaydon E2 = Y If you're using Excel 2007 or later: =COUNTIFS(A2:A7,...

help with dynamic tables

Chart "Benchmark" Line Graph Question
I am generating a graph of many team's monthly audit productivity percentages (bar graph) with a "benchmark" (line graph) at 95% (y axis) across 6 month period (x axis). The problem is that the line graph appears on the graph but the ends of the line are centered in the end columns (left & right). Is there as simple way to extend the benchmark line out to the edges of the graph? MJ Have a great day and live life with passion! ...

Excel 2002 converts 'S' to 0 when pasting from Clipboard
I came across the following problem: I copied some tabular data from IBM Personal Communications into the clipboard (yes, I am still a user of good old 3270 applications). Then I pasted the data into Microsoft Excel 2002 and all cells containing a 'S' became a '0' (number zero). Next I did some tests and found out that every single uppercase 'S' that is transferred to Excel using copy/paste is translated to '0'. This would not happen with other letters or with words containing an 'S'. Using 'Paste special' I can choose to insert my Clipboard a...

Macro Help #18
Well I think this is a macro. I have searched my excel book and i can not seem to figure out what to do. I want to write something that if this statement is true, then the font color changes. But here is the potential problem. THe location of the text will change. So i need it to search for this text and then change the color. Does that make sense? Is this possible? If this can be done it will really help me. Thanks in advance. This is exactly what i am trying to do. You type in a persons name into cell a1. you also type a name into cell a2. These names will transfer over ...

Help
Hi... I tried to work on Word today for first time on newish Mac and realized none of my Office applications work. When I double click on Word I can see something happening as I get the circle of colours twirling, but half an hour later it still hadn't opened. I just have to do this as quickly as possible as I have a deadline for what I have to do Monday at 12. I've tried reinstalling the software, but that didn't do anything for me. Mind you I know absolutely nothing about installing anything on Mac computers so I could be doing it all wrong. Do any of you have any idea what c...

Macro help with saving a spreadsheet with date and time in it
Can someone help me with some code that would save a file name as "schedule-mm-dd-yyyy-hh:mm"? Thanks, Alan Alan, how about something like this Sub Save_As() ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="Schedule " & Format(Now, "mm-dd-yyyy-hh-mm") & ".xls", FileFormat:= _ xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False _ , CreateBackup:=False End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Fee...

Help!
We went live with 4 decimals on our functional currency and we now want to reduce them to 2 decimals. All of our transactions so far are in 4 decimals. Can anyone guide me into doing this? thank you Use the Change Decimal Places window to change the number of decimal places used for keeping quantity or currency amounts for items. You might need to complete this procedure if an item was set up improperly, or if you’re changing the units of measurement for an item. NOTE: If an item is on an unposted transaction, you can’t change its decimal place settings. Ensure you have a complete ba...

Area Chart Question
Hello, I am graphing an area chart off a table of numbers. Is there a way to show the summary totals in the data table that I am showing on the graph without having the totals appear on the area graph itself? John John, Unfortunately the data tables are not going to give you a lot of flexibility. Whatever is in the chart is going to show up on the data table. To get around this restriction, I would suggest creating a data table made of worksheet cells as opposed to using the standard data table. The link below describes the process: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/a_simple...

Payment on Account receipt question
When I apply a payment to customer's account, a receipt prints with an entire history of the customer's purchases. Is there a way to limit this information, as some of my customer's history is quite extensive. Thank you in advance for your help. I would go into the xml for the receipt you are looking forward. You should be able to add another <for> loop in the section that writes out your history to have it stop at an arbitrary number. I haven't tried it, but something like the following, right inside your for loop for history, should work <set name="Hi...

OWA Setup Questions #2
Hi All, I am attempting to install the newly released owaadmin tool. My IIS server currently hosts 3 websites all of which are published to their own urls via host headers all of the sites are using ssl. When Installing the owaadmin tool, it creates a new "Default Web Site" as the orginal "Default Web Site" has been renamed. The new "Default Web Site" contains only the files and path names pointing to "%systemroot%\Program Files\Outlook Web Access Administration" what I am doing is removing this new "Default Web Site" site using the I...

Please help a exchange newbie.. Message filtering
I have a contact set up on Exchange 2003 that forwards to a cell phone for alerts generated in our environment. This contact is setup to get notice of several events, all events have separate email address as the "sender" one of the events gets allot of notices. I would like to have this contact not receive mail from the one email address that generated allot of events. I have set up the properties under the exchange general > messaging restrictions, and have authenticated users only and from everyone except the email account I don't want to receive alerts from, BUT when anyon...

Paste Special, Values, Transpose
Is there a way in Access 2007 to use the paste special features available in Excel? I have data in Excel that I will be copying and pasting into a form in Access. Importing would be tricky because not all tickets on the spreadsheet need to be copied. The issue is I receive the spreadsheet from another workgroup and they've merged cells and have the data going down one column, 19 rows. I can copy, paste special within Excel to get the data formatted right, then copy it into Access. I'm hoping there's an easier way. Any suggestions? Thanks! Jim Jim - ...

Recipient Policy Question #6
My company is changing its name and obviously wants to reflect this with their email addresses. They want to use firstname.surname@newdomain.com format. Currently, there are a lot of bespoke email addresses with multiple domain names being used. The management would like to change this from the 1st of January for everyone at the same time. There are over 1000 users and manually changing each address is not viable (so I hope!) The vast majority of users have the "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" under AD Users and Computers unchecked. I have already ...

Do until Loop question
I have 2 fields in a table - a station and a use checkbox. This is only used for set-up purposes... but I'd like the user to check boxes on the subform and have a sentence show up on the main form in a field. Example: Station Use Cheese x Sauce Chips x Salsa Sentence would look like: Cheese, Chips My programming works, except I get an error because it can't go to specified record when I am on the last record. For some reason - .movefirst and ..movenext don't want to work. Here is my code. Thank you for any help! Tammy Private Sub use_AfterUp...

Help me do this
Hi Everyone, I need some help. I want to use Windows Live mail without signing in or having a hotmail or live account. I use gmail and it works fine. I have exported all my contacts from my live.com email and imported all of my contacts so that is not the problem. I want to import my calendar from my live account. I can't find anyway to do this. If I stop signing in of course my calendar is gone. How can I export my live.com email calendar into windows live desktop client so I don't have to sign in anymore? Thx "T-Man" <a@anon.com> wrote in message...

Help?
Ok this is for all the formulae gurus out there. TIA I have a list in a particular column, lets say column A This is a list of dates I have another cell which uses data validation to reference this list. Say B1 In cell B1 the only acceptable entries are that which are in column A Can anyone supply me with a formula for my data validation which will only allow 8 entries. These 8 entries....appearing in the list in B1 will be 8 weeks in advance of the current date. I am currently using the following formula =OFFSET(O2,MATCH(YEAR(NOW()),YEAR(O2:O200),0)-1,,SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR(O2:O200)=YE...

Copy/Past Conditional Format
Good morning board ... :) Presently, I have approx 15 rows by 100 columns loaded with Conditional formatting ... working ok so far. Now I need to extend this same pattern down ... maybe skipping a couple of rows between each pattern. Issue ... Conditional format formulas are not changing when I do copy/paste due to $ locking the cell positions. And if I take the $ out ... then Conditional format appears to fail where they already exist. I am certain this can't be unique, but I do not know the fix or work around ... Therefore, I am coming to the many Magicians of this board ... ...

Need help installing Office 2007
I'm trying to install Office 2007 on my Vista PC. A short way through the installation I get this message: " Cannot Find Proofing.en-us”.... I've searched around: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=setup+cannot+find+proofing.en-us+proof.fr+proof.msi&meta=&aq=1&oq=setup+cannot+find+Proofing.en-us\Proof.fr but I can't get anything to work. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you. Gary What version of Office 2007. Did you have a Trial version already installed on your PC and did you remove it -- Peter ...

Help !