Show Numeric Cell Value Instead of ####

I'd like to have a narrow column of numeric data extend/flow into the
adjacent right hand column, instead of showing ###.

ie

|12|455|
|11|3
|76|888|

Instead of

|##|    |
|##|    |
|##|    |

Can't find anything in Cell or Column formating to accomplish this.  Help
please!
0
Rox123456 (2)

Maybe you can merge the two cells.

But be aware that merging cells can cause lots of trouble later on--sorting,
copy|pasting....

--

Dave Peterson
0

I'm trying to create a staggered column effect, as is common in financial
statements.

I'm beginning to think Excel does not allow numbers to flow across columns,
unless they are formatted as text.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Maybe you can merge the two cells.
>
> But be aware that merging cells can cause lots of trouble later on--sorting,
> copy|pasting....
>
> Rox123456 wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to have a narrow column of numeric data extend/flow into the
> > adjacent right hand column, instead of showing ###.
> >
> > ie
> >
> > |12|455|
> > |11|3
> > |76|888|
> >
> > Instead of
> >
> > |##|    |
> > |##|    |
> > |##|    |
> >
> > Can't find anything in Cell or Column formating to accomplish this.  Help
> > please!
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
Rox123456 (2)
2/7/2007 7:23:00 PM
You are correct in that assumption.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 11:23:00 -0800, Rox123456
<Rox123456@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm beginning to think Excel does not allow numbers to flow across columns,
>unless they are formatted as text.

0
Gord

visual basic

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

IsOutLookClient() returns wrong value

Single click selects multiple cells

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Showing 3:54PM instead of 3:54:03PM

Doesn't show busy,when scheduling meeting
Hello I have a user, who has meetings scheduled and shows up in her Calendar fine. But, when she or someone else tries to schedule new meeting, invite her, it doesn't show her busy schedule. It indicates as if she is available all time. Secondly, when she edits the meeting and marks as "Out of Office", than it shows up as busy. Her Out of Office is Off. Outlook 2000 with Exchange corporate setup. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks ...

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

Value is BLANK

y value vs x
In an xy scatter plot one can choose the type of line connecting the data points (smooth, straight, etc.). Once this is done, Is there a simple way of determining the y value of graph for a specific x value without doing successive approximations with 0 shifts. I'd rather not purchase a graphing program just for this simple task. You could find an equation that fits the data (see trendline) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ralph" <ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:284B39DE-20C6-40CB-AB60-39B...

Combo Box initial values question
Does anyone know how to make a combo box show a value when a sheet opens? Mine are always blank when I open them until I select a value. thanks tp Hi Teepee, Try something like: Me.ComboBox1.ListIndex = 0 --- Regards, Norman "teepee" <teepee@noemail.com> wrote in message news:4645ed29$1@newsgate.x-privat.org... > Does anyone know how to make a combo box show a value when a sheet opens? > Mine are always blank when I open them until I select a value. > > thanks > > tp > > thanks for trying. says 'invalid use of me keyword.&...

CRM Error