Shortcuts links

In the 2003 version, I used to have shortcut links to Excel files.  The files
would appear at the bottom of the screen in excel.  How do you create these
links in the 2007 version?
0
bauman78 (1)

Not sure what you mean by "shortcut links to Excel files"

Maybe Orb>Excel Options>Advanced>Display........Show all windows in
taskbar"?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 08:00:01 -0700, bauman78
<bauman78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>In the 2003 version, I used to have shortcut links to Excel files.  The files
>would appear at the bottom of the screen in excel.  How do you create these
>links in the 2007 version?

0
Gord

Update Links Automatically
Running Excel XP and was wondering is there a setting which will automatically update any external links that I have referenced, without the dialog option of "Do you want to update links" etc Thanks There's a setting you can toggle. Tools|options|edit tab Uncheck "Ask to update automatic links" Then the prompt goes away, but the links are updated. This is your own setting--it affects all the workbooks you open, but won't affect anyone else when they open that workbook. (They'd have to change their setting, too.) John wrote: > > Running Excel XP...

Linking queries on a report
Hello all, I built a number of queries that all tie to the same table. Each query sorts the data differently, but comes from the same data source. I would like to show the results of these queries on the same report, but I get and error message that the wizard can't connect the queries. How can I display multiple queries on the same report. I've tried subreports, but they don't seem to export as well. Thanks b Brennan What does "export" have to do with this? If I have multiple sets of results I want to show in one place, I create an empty "main"...

Links are not created after migration
HELP!!!!! We are using DTS to import our data into the CDF_MSCRM database. That went pretty well. Not many problems. However after we get the Accounts and contacts loaded into CRM they show up like expected the Primary contact is not showing up for the Accounts. Anyone know how to get this to work??? I would greatly appreciate it Stephen, Key is to use the contactid given in the cdf_contact in the cdf_account table. Unfortunately I do not have any installation available to check the real values, but this should make the situation clear: cdf_account -accountid------name---------primary...

creating links inside a workbook.
I would like to put a working table of contents into my workbook. In other words, I would like to list all of the sheet names on a master page and allow the user to jump to that page simply by clicking the page's name. Any suggestions? Please and Thank You!!!! Use the Hyperlink feature. Just do a Insert> HyperLink>. Choose place in this document. Then select the tab you want to link to. "Angelica" <Angelica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94B5487B-A816-4BE3-B43A-701863DCFE76@microsoft.com... >I would like to put a working table of content...

linking data
Hi, I have a worksheet that I enter details of worksheets handed in by employees i.e. in col1 name, in col2 date and in col3 if worksheets not handed in I enter L,H or S (Late,Holiday or Sick). What I am after is to list the names of employees on a new sheet if they have L,H or S against their name and also to show against their name the reason (Late,Holiday or Sick rather than L,H or S). Hope this makes sense. Thx in advance Kev Have you looked at the possibility of using a pivot table? In essence this gathers required information into a table. Have a look at <Data><Pivot ...

Inserting Photos into Excel and linking to Word.
I need to be able to upload a digital photograph to a single MS Excel worksheet and then link that photograph into a MS Word document from the Excel workbook (photo needs to be visible in both Excel and Word). The photos should all appear the same physical size when they are place into the Excel worksheet and they should appear the same physical size on the linked Word document. Can anyone describe the steps I should use to accomplish this or recommend a possible alternative? ...

Hyperlinkbase Property effect on Internal Document links
Recently we made a mass change to a document repository to update the Hyperlinkbase property of over a thousand documents. This was done so that if the documents were copied outside of the repository, the relative links would still point to the production repository... this worked great! BUT... we noticed that the Hyperlinkbase property also applies itself to internal document links... huh? That doesn't make sense. Is this a known bug, or is there a way to get the hyperlinkbase property to leave the internal links alone? HELP! Hi Dave, Unfortunately, that's jus...

How to sort in Excel with headers link to all body parts
I have a table that have subheaders and each subheader with rows of items below them. I wanted to sort all subitems from all subheaders according to value (in one column); and have each subitem link to the subheader as label for that particular item. I guess what I need to do is link a cluster of items to it subheader; so when I sort each item will include the subheader as label to show what subheader it came from. ...

"Replace" keyboard shortcut
MS Word 2004 Re: Find/Replace, it is a quick, efficient keyboard process after highlighting a string to be copied to hold the Command key while pressing C, F then V. When I then want to enter the "replace" string, my hands have to leave the keyboard, go to the mouse and click the Replace tab before I can continue. I cannot find any reference that offers a keyboard short to drop down the Replace window. Is there one? Thank you. I'm not sure if there is a direct keyboard shortcut for the Replace command, but once you've brought up the Find dialogue, you can simpl...

AYS Link broken?
I am trying to find the link to the "AYS" file - the ones previously posted seem to be broken. Thanks for your help! http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3&SID=dfed6797436b881b7b3d59e73f4c83c1 -- Duane Hookom MS Access MVP "Terye N" <TeryeN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5F15B4F-7406-4A4C-BE38-92302C59DDC8@microsoft.com... > I am trying to find the link to the "AYS" file - the ones previously > posted > seem to be broken. Thanks for your help! ...

vlookup help linking data between worksheet
hi, I have a master list of students (about 200+ )in one worksheet. On the succeeding worksheets are the attendance for seminars. We have more than 20 seminars in a year. Because of the large no of attendees per seminar, I usually type out a list of the students who came for each seminar, so there will be 20 +attendance worksheets. Not all students will come every time and there are new ones for each session. To update on master list, I will sort each sheet by surname, print it out and type in separate column (date) for each session and typed "P" for present and &quo...

Locate link browser #9
Would someone know where in Outlook is located this link browser? When asked by the system, I provided the wrong link (Outlook as a reader) and I would now like to replace it by Firefox. -- ah Never mind. Bug fixed. -- ah "ah" <anonewsgr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uLAnZj1eHHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Would someone know where in Outlook is located this link browser? When > asked by the system, I provided the wrong link (Outlook as a reader) and I > would now like to replace it by Firefox. > > -- > ah > ...

CRM Web links appear to be broken
I am able to open the home page and move throught the interface. The issue I have: I open "HOME" and then move throught the website, I hit errors when trying to return to "home" and other links. Errors occur 95% of the time. The error shows as a permission problem, but if I continue to navigate through the site I eventually get to home. I have a new server and just installed MS SBS 2003 with CRM 1.2. I am also unable to load the Outlook client --> during installation, the host computer is unble to locate the CRM server --> the same server I am have web li...

Linking items GREATER THAN O on another worksheet in the same Work
I have a workbook that has about four worksheets … I want to create a list of items that will automatically be included on worksheet tab 4 from Worksheet tab 1 if the quantity for the item listed on the first worksheet has been changed from 0 to any other number (i.e. 1 or 10 etc). I have a list of equipment with pricing on worksheet tab 1 and the list is long. Many of the items will have quantities of zero and will not increase as they will not be selected for the project being created. We have additional columns for cost, extended cost, labor hours etc. If the quantity changes for a...

Accessing desktop shortcuts when programs are running
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Is there any way to toggle between program windows and the desktop so that you can access the shortcut icons there without resizing or minimizing your program windows? It would be great to be able to do this, especially when I have four or five word documents open . . . Thanks! You can use the ApplicationName> Hide ApplicationName or Hide Others command to hide the window(s) to access the Desktop - assuming you don't have any other application windows open. However, you might want to explore other more effective...

Links don't work in mail
Hello What would cause outlook (and outlook express) to not allow the links in my emails to work? They open a browser window, but nothing ever gets loaded. If this were happening only for 1 link, I'd say it was the url, but this happens with text links, button links etc. I have to "view source" for the button links, copy the url and paste it into my browser -- and that works fine. Email links seem to work. Any suggestions? Thank you Terry V Hold curser over link, press shift key, now you can click on link. "Terry V" wrote: > Hello > What would cause ou...

Excel-Sage link error
Hi, I'm trying to connect to our Sage data which is stored in a folder on the server mapped to my L: drive. In Excel, I go to Data > Get External Data > New Database Query... Choose Data Source dialog, pick SageLine50v8* and click OK. I enter manager and my password and then get the following error message: Cannot find all files in data path Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed The driver returned invalid (or failed to return) SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER: 2.00 I am using Sage v8.00.0019 and Excel 2000. All help appreciated cheers Pete Franklin > In Excel, I go to Data > Get...

test for exernal links
Is it possible to test if a workbook has external links to another workbookl what i am trying to do is display a message when a user closes a workbook saying the workbook has external links. How would i code this?? I believe there is a security setting that does this check when the workbook opens(Excel 2007). "hervinder" <hervinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08A95302-287D-4E91-A841-84F44CA309A4@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to test if a workbook has external links to another > workbookl > > what i am trying to do i...

displaying data linked to shape
I would like to click on a shape and have the list of linked data in the database be displayed. (I have a lab diagram, and I want to display the contents of a drawer when the shape is clicked..... and vice versa, when I'm in the database and click on an item, I'd like to have the location of the item displayed on a lab map. Can anyone point me to a tutorial or better yet, a functional example, that does this. I've linked the shape and database, but don't seem grasp how to actually put that link into practice. Thanks in advance jillymc ...

How do I link cells, sheet to sheet, to recognize row deletions?
In Office XP - Excel - I want to copy a column from one sheet to another sheet in the same workbook. I want the copied links to recognize row deletions and insertions when I change the source sheet. When I use the Copy, Paste Special, Paste Links command, the linked sheet does not recognize a row deletion in the source sheet. Instead, the linked sheet displays a #Ref message in the cell related to the deleted row. One way to try .. Assume the source col to be linked is col A in Sheet1, A1 down In Sheet2 ------------- Put in any starting cell, say A1: =OFFSET(INDIRECT("Sheet1!A1&qu...

Shortcut key for centering Text
Hi, I'm a longtime Lotus 123, Word and Powerpoint user finally being forced to Excel. One of the very first things I tried to do in Excel was to center some text in a cell with a shortcut key. In every Microsoft application I've ever used(I think), I've been able to left align with (ctrl l), right align with (ctrl r) and center with (ctrl e). This works in Word and Powerpoint etc etc. But I can't get it to work in Excel. Surely there is a simple shortcut key to center text in excel, isn't there. I mean, this is such a basic thing. I don't want to have to grab my m...

Excel links cells
I would like to know if and how to link couple of cells, Let's say I have inserted a code in a cell, this code is corresponding to coulpe of values in a tabele. I would like that Excel would automatically insert the corresponding values of this code (from the table) in different cells on the same raw. Example: Say I punch a code in cell A1 like GH23(which has a value in a table of 15 points and grade 5), then I would like that automatically Excel would insert the value of this code 15 in the cell A2 and the vaule of its grade 5 in cell A3. I would grealty appreciate any help. Tha...

Link with Quickbooks
Good morning! We have Quickbooks 2004 and we plan on buying Microsoft Retail Management System. How difficult is it to link the programs together? What kind of errors can I get? Can we easily link it to an existing Quickbook file with data in it? I just want to plan the installation before I buy it. Thanks. It's technically very easy to link QB Pro to RMS. You can import some common data from your existing QB file into RMS - things like departments, categories, suppliers, items and accounts. This will actually make your RMS setup easier IF you have a clean setup within QB. T...

Excel Spreadsheel linked to Access DB
Hi all, I have an excel spreadsheet that is linked to an access query. The query returns daily revenue info (claim#, product, trade date and commission. This works fine but now I have to return only ethanol products. If I put in the query criteria "Ethanol" I get only ethanol products. Since there are more than 1 products with the name ethanol in it, I use Like "*Ethanol*" in the criteria. In access the query runs fine and will return all records that have Ethanol in the product name. When I refresh the spreadsheet nothing is returned. Is there any reason ...

How to update multiple stencils when linked with Excel database
I am working on a project that uses multiple stencil files. I am able to export to an excel database, and refresh each symbol by dragging to the drawing, but am wondering how I could update multiple symbols at one time in the actual stencil file from the excel database? The ONLY updates I can find update one at a time and I am needing a quicker way to update my symbols' custom properties all at once, rather than editing each individual custom property. I am using visio 2003 standard. Is this possible with Visio and excel? Do you mean drawings rather than stencils? A stencil is a ...