Setting number in cell back to zero

Hi !
I asked this before and got no real answer so here goes again

----A----B----C
1............0              B1  is where I want to enter a number lets say 5
-
2
-
3............0              B3 is where I would like the answer total to be

   So if I enter the 5 in B1 and press enter the 5 will show in B3

  I would like B1 to return to 0 (zero) while still keeping the 5 in B3

  When the next number is entered into B1 say a 4 and enter is pressed B3
would add
   the 5  that is already in B3 to B1 and give an answer of 9 in B3
returning B1 to 0 (zero)
   Adding the numbers is simple but how do I keep the number in B3 while
returning B1 to 0 (zero)
Or how could I lock B3 to so that it could stay as it only allowing it to
increase by the value of what is entered into B1 as all numbers entered into
B1 will always be added to B3 the valve will always be increased never
decreased

Hope someone can help me.
TIA
Mike
=================================

Tell me and I'll forget
Show me and I'll remember
Involve me and I WILL learn

=================================

Hi Mike,

Look here:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Mike" <michaelvdm@telkomsa.net> wrote in message news:pP-dncLbEppfyNXanZ2dnUVZ8sqjnZ2d@saix.net...
| Hi !
| I asked this before and got no real answer so here goes again
|
| ----A----B----C
| 1............0              B1  is where I want to enter a number lets say 5
| -
| 2
| -
| 3............0              B3 is where I would like the answer total to be
|
|   So if I enter the 5 in B1 and press enter the 5 will show in B3
|
|  I would like B1 to return to 0 (zero) while still keeping the 5 in B3
|
|  When the next number is entered into B1 say a 4 and enter is pressed B3
| would add
|   the 5  that is already in B3 to B1 and give an answer of 9 in B3
| returning B1 to 0 (zero)
|   Adding the numbers is simple but how do I keep the number in B3 while
| returning B1 to 0 (zero)
| Or how could I lock B3 to so that it could stay as it only allowing it to
| increase by the value of what is entered into B1 as all numbers entered into
| B1 will always be added to B3 the valve will always be increased never
| decreased
|
| Hope someone can help me.
| TIA
| Mike
| =================================
|
| Tell me and I'll forget
| Show me and I'll remember
| Involve me and I WILL learn
|
| =================================

0
nicolaus (2022)
11/24/2007 5:04:45 PM
ThankX will look and read
Mike

"Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> Hi Mike,
>
> Look here:
>
> http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Niek Otten
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
>
> "Mike" <michaelvdm@telkomsa.net> wrote in message
> | Hi !
> | I asked this before and got no real answer so here goes again
> |
> | ----A----B----C
> | 1............0              B1  is where I want to enter a number lets
> say 5
> | -
> | 2
> | -
> | 3............0              B3 is where I would like the answer total to
> be
> |
> |   So if I enter the 5 in B1 and press enter the 5 will show in B3
> |
> |  I would like B1 to return to 0 (zero) while still keeping the 5 in B3
> |
> |  When the next number is entered into B1 say a 4 and enter is pressed B3
> | would add
> |   the 5  that is already in B3 to B1 and give an answer of 9 in B3
> | returning B1 to 0 (zero)
> |   Adding the numbers is simple but how do I keep the number in B3 while
> | returning B1 to 0 (zero)
> | Or how could I lock B3 to so that it could stay as it only allowing it
> | increase by the value of what is entered into B1 as all numbers entered
> into
> | B1 will always be added to B3 the valve will always be increased never
> | decreased
> |
> | Hope someone can help me.
> | TIA
> | Mike
> | =================================
> |
> | Tell me and I'll forget
> | Show me and I'll remember
> | Involve me and I WILL learn
> |
> | =================================

paste special | values should work with merged cells
When you use past special | values, and try to paste a large bunch of data with merged cells into another sheet, it will not let you paste just the values. This requires un-merging the cells. The problem that I have with this, is that the error message makes NO sense. It says "This operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized". Well, guess what? They are!!! I just copied them in from another worksheet. I even used paste special | column widths to ensure that the were indeed the same size. I don't understand what the big deal is anyway? If Excel can ...

How do I set up a financial planner using Microsoft excel?
How do I set up a financial planner using Microsoft excel? What have you done so far? Is there a specific problem that you need help with? R1_4Life wrote: > How do I set up a financial planner using Microsoft excel? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

setting up O.E. to send and recieve MSN mail
I have a MSN mail account, and want to set up my O.E. to sent and recieve my mail. I went to "accounts" and did everything that I was supposed to, and when I tried to send mail, I got the following two messages: The service is currently unavailable. Try again later. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp ', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavailable', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCCF0 Also, Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Serve...

WMP 12 Video Settings (Brightness/Contrast etc.) Won't Work
Hi, I have new Sony CW laptop running Windows 7 (64-bit) with an Nvidia GeForce GT 230m graphics card. The problem I have is that I can't adjust the video settings (colour/contrast/brightness etc.) in Windows Media Player 12 as I am used to being able to do in previous versions. I use this function all the time and it is not enough for me to simply change the global settings as I know it should be possible within Windows Media Player. I updated the Nvidia driver and downloaded the K-Lite codec pack (too complicated - didn't know which codecs to adjust) with no resu...

make a cell automatically populate with "1" when specified cell va
I am trying to figure out how I can use Excel formula or function to do the following: When the name column is valued, it will automatically populate "1" in the tally column. Assuming Column A is the name column and Column B is the tally column, enter the following in the first cell of the tally column: =If(A1="","","1") Drag this formula down as far as you want. HTH Otto "WendyM" <WendyM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E135DC3-CD03-4F03-B47B-759B2D761A0F@microsoft.com... >I am trying to figure out how I can ...

Need help with Alphanumeric Auto number combination
Access 2000. I need a to assign an Audit number that is alphanumeric and partially auto number and partially assigned by the user. Example: Audit Number: 01086AB07 The first two digits of 01 is the first audit, which will advance one number automatically for each audit (Textbox). The second, third and fourth digits are the julian date which will be set to default(Textbox). The fifth and sixth digits are assigned indicating a company name(Combobox) for selection by user. The last two digits are the year which will be set to default(Textbox). I need this alpanumeric sequence to en...

Settings area disappeared from Client
Hi, I have been working in Settings area, adding new fields to forms etc and all was well. I then decided to install the Outlook Client which seems to have gone well except for when I go back to Internet Explorer and go to http://crmserver my whole Settings area isn't there anymore , just Workplace, Sales, Marketing and Service. (I went to server to check my role was still Systems Administrator and it is) Any ideas on how to get Settings to show up again would be appreciated. Sorry,step 13 Restart computer, fixed it. "sherry" wrote: > Hi, I have been working in Set...

Delete previous cell content
Hi, Not sure if this is function or programming? Question is: In column F, Row 4, Header is "Do You Require Training?" in row 5 is a validation list = Yes, No. In column G, Row 4, Header is " Training Completed?" in row 5 is a validation list = Yes, No. If the user has selected Yes in Column F, Row 4 because they did need training...then they do it...so when they select Yes in Column G, can the Yes in Column F be automatically deleted.......I have set up a Validation Message telling the=m to delete previous cell, problem is they don't read it and it...

hidden value in each cell or in each row in Excel
hi, I need to store a two information in one cell with one value as hidden ,kindly reply if any one know the way without creating hidden rows or columns or worksheet The need is to store two information in one cell,with one value in display ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Using comments is one option. >-----Original Message----- >hi, > >I need to store a two information in one cell with one value as hidden >,kindly reply if any one kn...

HTML Emails
This is for my job, so I cannot change software packages. It's Outlook or it's nothing. I need to create a newsletter that will be distributed quarterly. To spice it up, we decided to create a nice looking HTML formatted email with images, etc. (just like the everyday spam we get). The only way I was able to figure out how to get the HTML into an Outlook email is by... 1) Create the HTML in another program (namely, I use Dreamweaver) 2) Preview the HTML in a browser (I use Internet Explorer) 3) 'Select All' on the page, 'Copy' it and 'Paste' it into t...

Backing up Contacts
How can I back up my Vista Windows Mail Contacts? I just want to put them in a folder which I can transfer to a disk when I back up my data. Thanks Drew The Windows Mail contacts are just plain text files in a folder.... C:\Users\<yourlogin>\Contacts. Just include this folder in your backups. Additionally, you might want to export the contacts into a CSV file for additional protection. In WM, open Contacts, Export - CSV, etc. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Drew" <drew@home.net> wrote i...

Sum according to cell info
I want to sum three column of numbers according to a category number that lies in three columns, The category numbers are in columns B5 - B61 and then starting at N5 - N61 and then again starting at Z5 - Z24. The category numbers are 1 - 6. But may add categories later. I would like the sums to go into cells AH32 - AH37. -- Thank You in Advance Ed Davis I am sorry I forgot to mention where the data is I am looking for. F5 - F61 R5 - R61 AD5 - AD24 -- Thank You in Advance Ed Davis "Ed Davis" <ed@danverssoftware.com> wrote in message news:uumtXNdGKHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP...

exceeded the numbers of times to install Office v. X
I have a G4 that I have had nothing but problems on. Apple's latest solution was to replace the computer completely. This one is working fine, so far. I run OS X 10.2.6. Because of my computer problems, I have had to install Office v. X a number of times. Apparently, one too many times, according to my pop up message. Is there a work around for this? I tried calling microsoft, but waited for over an hour today for tech support with no one picking up, so i'm putting my question out to the newsgroup. What is up with Microsoft? On 9/17/03 12:16 PM, in article a64b5a2e.0309171116....

AD not backing up
Hi I've got DPM 2007. When I try to backup Active Directory to it the agent just displays unavailable to me. What must I do to resolve this issue. Any assistance would be great Thanks Greetings, i would like to ask you some questions first, have you restarted the server after installing the agent, also have you checked the connectivity between these 2 servers, have you checked for the firewall ports? also if possible try to send me the error id and source on both DPM and AD servers "exley140" wrote: > Hi > > I've got DPM 2007. When I try ...

How to get a long column of numbers to wrap and print on 1 page?
I have a long column of numbers that we add to daily. This column needs to be sorted in ascending order and then printed. I don't know of a way to sort multiple columns together so that is why it is one long column. Is there a way to get it to print as multiple columns across a page so as to not have numerous pages with only 1 column on each? Thanks. take a look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm In article <3880FBB4-BF95-4A82-B98A-519C79BF1A34@microsoft.com>, Sue <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a long column of numbers th...

Using COUNTIF but blank cell if zero

In-Cell editing unvailable in address card view
Outlook 2007, SP2 on Windows XP SP3 IMAP/POP email, not exchange In modify address card view, the option "Allow in-cell editing" is not available. It's available in phone list view. Any way to enable it? Thanks! How could you? Only table views have cells. That's why it's disabled in other views. There's no use for it. -- Russ Valentine "cheerful" <cheerful@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ACBA9D1-88B4-4CC5-8F32-DC36AE1D2178@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2007, SP2 on Windows XP SP3 > IMAP/POP email, not excha...

Excel cell number formatting should have a significant digits opt.
One should be able to format a cell in Excel so that the number of significant digits stays constant, no matter how the digits or decimal places change. You get something like this with the "Scientific" number format, but it's not as intuitive to look at. Hi maybe the following helps you: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/sigfigs.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Sleep Scientist" <SleepScientist@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:E5E9ED14-F388-4403-BF4A-F785339FF272@microsoft.com... > One should be able to format a...

how do I display the name of a worksheet automatically in a cell?
I use a rolling 12 months spreadsheet that has a sheet for each month of activity, and is a home sheet of rother workbooks to connect to and pick up relevant data. As I delete old sheets and add clone new ones I have to manually change the title cell name of the sheet to the proper month. I would like to be able to just change the name of the tab, (example: "Sep_05"), and have that name propagate to the title cell on that page. See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/cell_function.html In article <EF733ED6-CCE3-4C98-9057-C1877562975A@microsoft.com>, Archie N. &...

Numbers? automatic
I would like to know is there a way to get excel to automatically put the decimal at the second position without having to type the point in? Example I want to type 149 and would like it to read 1.49 Also is there a way to get it to automatically put the first digit in? As everything I type into these cells always starts with 1. Can it be typed in as 49 or.49 and show up as 1.49? Thanks Chris --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use Tools|Options; open the Edit tab and locate Fixed Decimals Be warned: this is a sticky setting and will apply to all workbooks you open. The n...

I cant set up my microsoft outlook..just get error
I have set up the following E-mail address: RosieMayCarter@amaratravel.co.uk Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP) server: mail.amaratravel.co.uk Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: mail.amaratravel.co.uk Account Name: RosieMayCarter%amaratravel.co.uk Password: Domain Name: amaratravel.co.uk But it does not work...and I can not put this under the tools as Account settings does not exist: - Under Tools >> Account Settings >> Account (Double clicking on each email account) >> More Settings >> Outgoing Server Tab, check “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” - Und...

How can I use a cell reference in Sumproduct array formula?
I have a table with dates down the and employee numbers across the top. I have SUMPRODUCT formulas in all the cells to gather data from named arrays from a database in the spreadsheet. I'd like to avoid munually changing (either individually or with REPLACE) date and employee number references in each formula in each cell. my formula looks like: {=SUMPRODUCT((Date=DATEVALUE("11/4/04"))*(Audempno=33758)*(Units))} also, I used a previous suggestion from this forum on another similar spreadsheet (successfully...for fiscal 3/05)with copying the whole spreadsheet and changing the d...

Splitting Text in a Cell
Using Excel XP, I have a cell that has full names of people (First & Last Names). Can I split these two text somehow recognizing the space in between them? Thank you. Brig, have a look at data, text to columns, post back if you need any help with it -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Brig" <golteb@netzero.net> wrote in message news:ed9422dXEH...

Problem with Excel getting correct # of records back from Access
I have a qry in MSAccess that brings me 1316 rows, but when I go to excel and run the qry it only gives me 692 rows. It look like it isn't making it to the 2nd statement or the "Or" statement in the query. Looking at the data in Excel. I can't remember how to get this to pass all the records over to Excel. Here's my "Having" part in the Qry: HAVING ((([Tracking].[Type of Case])="Expedited" Or ([Tracking].[Type of Case])="Fast Track" Or ([Tracking].[Type of Case])="Standard Pre-Service") AND (([Tracking].[Appeal or Gr...

Can't move from one cell and/or enter any data, or exit wksht...
My worksheet cursor is stuck in one cell and I cant get it to move what has happened and how does one undo the problem and understand how it can be overcome? Right now I cant get out of excel or perform any functions in the worksheet...any help? Has your PC possibly locked up? If so hit Control - Alt - Delete, go to the task manager, and shut down the program. Then, go back into Excel to see if you have normal functions now. "Stuck in One cell" wrote: > My worksheet cursor is stuck in one cell and I cant get it to move what has > happened and how does one undo the pr...