set code as short cut keys

Pls i want to get some detail in file -

i have a pricing code      example code -  wo/st-kdi  i want to give
this to short cut key 1M
code -  wo/st-kde      i want to give this to short cut 2

now this code will go on because the pricing will change -  i want to
save this code to excel file    for example - if i press 1M  - the code(
wo/st-kdi ) will appear in colum automatic is there any way to write
program in excel file like this way

i will be very appreciate if you could guide me

Regards
sam

--
sam1128033
sam1128033's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=858

You would be bette off having a command button on your toolbar which
pops up a userform with a dropdown box for the codes (you can have a
dynamic named range for the list) and a short description, does that
sound ok to you?

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com)
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=134177

Sam, i just knocked up a quick example.

|Filename: Populate codes example.xls                               |
|Download: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/attachment.php?attachmentid=264|

Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com)
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=134177

Thanks simon.,

yes but i have almost 8000 codes does it work and when i press the code
could it will come to the excel columns  automaticially.

i am little new to excel i want to set my own code like this

if i type 1m - it will automaticially come like this - uw/m/dd/oi/o
if i type 22m - it will automaticially come like this - uw/uu/dd/oi/o
it will go to thousands

i will explain to you  where 22m is equal to uu so when i press the key
in keyboard i only have to press 22m - answer will come - uw/uu/dd/oi/o
like this way it will easy for me to quote the prices to customer in
confidence way.

Pls guide me in this solution

Regards
sam

Yes but from the list i ( have to choose dynamic named ) i want to give
my own code it will be very easy me to make a price list.

--
sam1128033
sam1128033's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=858
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=134177

Sam, i gave a worked example in that attachment with comments, if you
want to make a post in the members only forum and add a sample workbook
i can help you directly with that.

You said you have 8000 codes how on earth would you have remembered
shortcut keys to them all if that was possible :)

--

Simon Lloyd;486669 Wrote:
> Sam, i gave a worked example in that attachment with comments, if you
> want to make a post in the members only forum and add a sample workbook
> i can help you directly with that.
>
> You said you have 8000 codes how on earth would you have remembered
> shortcut keys to them all if that was possible :)

simon i understand what you said pls find below detail

i     u      s      t    y   o    n    g   a     k    m
1    2      3      4   5   6     7    8   9    0     .

for example -    if i quote to custmer price   imik    then my short
key will be
1.10m

if i quote to custmer price   ikk then my code key
will be
100m

in that way you will not forget any short key - it's like math but the
answer will come to letters.

i hope you understand

Regards
sam

--
sam1128033
sam1128033's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=858
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=134177

List Box and with date VB code
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersect(Range("f6:f100"), Target) Is Nothing Then If Target <> "" Then Target.Offset(0, 1) = Date Target.Offset(0, 1).NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yy" Else Target.Offset(0, 1) = "" End If End If End Sub The above is VB code that I have in my worksheet. I have included validation in the form of a list box in column F. When an item is selected the date does not fill but when you type in the first letter of one of the items in the list box it will appear. How can I get the date...

TAB KEYS
Everytime I hit my tab key to go to the next right hand column, it goes straight down to the right end of the spreadsheet instead. How do I fix this? Thank you in advance. tools, options, transition keys, turn off all Lotus 1-2-3 transition aides. ...

I have just set up MS Outlook 2007 and can't send email messages
I have just set up MS Outlook 2007 and can't send email messages ... I receive error message # 80042109, cannot connect to outgoing server. I receive email messages without a problem but my outgoing messages are sitting in my outbox. I have checked with my ISP providr and they believe I have set up Outlook correctly. Can anyone please help? Post the complete error message as per verbatim -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "FCDECOSTANZO" <FCDECOSTANZO@discussio...

excel product key is not working
i'm trying to upgrade my excel from 2000 to 2002 but when the installer prompted me to enter the product key. i input the product key but it's not accepted. ...

How can I enter a cell in excel with hotkey or combination off key
F2 ?? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "theo passier" <theo passier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DA5E96E-8A5B-43F2-A15B-210C14A94E0F@microsoft.com... > ...

How do I set email to be received by date?
I want my Microsoft email to arrive on the list via current date with a preview. It used to be that way and suddenly changed. Help please. -- "Grace and peace be yours in abundance" . . . . .2 Peter 1.2 . . View | Sort By | Sent. View | Layout | Show Preview Pane. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "bhappy41b" <bhappy41b@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D57AEAA1-6D8D-4609-B3C5-5218A8672D2C@microsoft.com... >I want my Microsoft email to arrive on the list via current date with a > pr...

Excel shortcut key "Cut" Ctrl+X come up a formula to me why?
When I use keyboard shortcut key Ctrl+X (Cut) and come up a formula that =+"upper cell" and can't be undo. Is there any way I can set my short cut key for "Cut & Paste"? That sounds like you have a Macro that's been allocated the Ctrl+X shortcut. If that's causing you difficulty, you could re-allocate the Macro's shortcut key, or even delete the macro entirely if you no longer have any use for it. Rgds, ScottO "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F70CDCCE-FC0E-46F8-9547-DBC32228D79D@microsoft.com... | When I...

Get the Exchange 2003 Enterprise pproduct key.
I need to reinstall my Exchange 2003 server. How can I find my pruduct key on my old server ? Jim On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:15:45 +0200, J. W. <nospam@abcde.ab> wrote: >I need to reinstall my Exchange 2003 server. >How can I find my pruduct key on my old server ? > > >Jim You'll have to contact your reseller or Microsoft directly if you dont have it. There are a number of free utilities on the net that will scan your server to get your cd key. Have used several in the past to get lost ex2k3 keys for customers. James Chong J. W. wrote: > I need to reinstall my ...

Setting up new exchange user
This is probably a FAQ but I have found no reply. Scenario: I have a remote user who gets "all" her settings via DHCP from her ISP. ("All" ~ IP, DNS etc) We set up a VPN from her to us. In the mail set-up she types in the IP of our server (192.168.x.x) and username. Presses Check names - is prompted for password and the IP is replaced with the servername like "FOO" (and not foo.abz.com). So far so good. But when she starts Outlook it can not find the server "FOO" - the netbios name. Obviously the name resolution fails. Now and then it works. But more o...

Outlook 2003 Security Settings
I just upgraded from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003. In Outlook 2000 and 2002 there was the concept of Outlook Security Folder and the Outlook 10 Security folders that were setup in the Public folders to allow Outlook to determine (by registry setting) if the default security settings for Outlook were to be used or if Outlook should look to the Outlook Security folders. Does the concept of Outlook or Outlook 10 security folders still exist with Outlook 2003? If so where can I find the administration download for this? ...

How to output ascii code to serial port?
Dear all, I am trying to output ascii codes of non-printing characters to a serial port, I know their ascii code, but don't know how to do that. Which sytax does that in C++ or MFC? Many thanks, If you need to output character, let's say, 1-10, the syntax is "\x01\x02\x03\x04\x05\x06\x07\x08\x09\x0a" which generates a string of 8-bit characters terminated with a \x00 (NUL) character. The syntax for a character in a string, single-or-double-quoted, is one of several forms \r carriage return \n newline \t tab \a alert (ding!) \e escape \b backspace \f formfeed \v v...

Set It Up Again?
I've been using Money for years, currently Money 2004. When Microsoft advised that the direct electronic banking support was going to expire, that didn't bother me since I don't use those functions. Suddenly (Today) when I go to Money it want me to set it up like a new subscriber. Can someone tell me how to get it back the way it was (with all my account entries), or do I have to go through the rigamarole of setting up all the accounts and then recovering from by backups? In microsoft.public.money, camaz wrote: >I've been using Money for years, currently Money 20...

Outlook Group Policy Setting Not Working
I am using the Outlk11.adm group policy template and cannot configure one setting. The "Minimize Outlook to System Tray" does not work through group policy or the Custom Installation Wizard. The registry key never gets created. Can someone help? Noel ...

how can i select all the cells with same color on a sheet if there are multipale colors by vba code
how can i select all the cells with same color on a sheet if there are multipale colors by vba code Much better than the 1st post. try this Sub selectyellows() For Each cel In ActiveSheet.UsedRange If cel.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Then mystr = mystr & cel.Address & "," End If Next cel mystr = Left(mystr, Len(mystr) - 1) Range(mystr).Select End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "uobt" <uobt@aol.com> wrote in message news:1103129633.880542.286200@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > how can i select all the cells with same color on a shee...

Set Receive Message Size for Individual Mailbox
Hello. Exchange 2007 I am trying to increase the Maximum Receive Message Size for an individual mailbox to 20MB, so this one account can receive large attachments from external senders. I did the obvious change in the "Mail Flow Settings --> Message Size Restrictions" in the mailbox's property, but I still get a NDR saying size exceeds fixed maximum. It seems like the email is being rejected before it even gets to check the individual mailbox's property. Any advice? You probably have lower limits somewhere along the message's path. Here's a gui...

Figuring sql server version via code
Hi Is it possible to check in .net; 1. If sql server 2008 express is installed on a machine? 2. The name of sql server 2008 express instance or instances? 3. If a particular sql server 2008 express instance contains a specific database? Many Thanks Regards You can use several methods to enumerate SQL Server instances. Here are a couple: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a6t1z9x2.aspx http://www.sqldbatips.com/showarticle.asp?ID=45 To determine whether a specific instance contains a certain database, you can connect to the instance's master databa...

Report codes for Matrix Parent
I'm preparing for an upgrade from QS2000 and would like to know if th following is possible. I'm testing the demo version of RMS an imported my database. I'm a shoe and apparel store and matrixes ar very important to us. My reseller has recommended the Retail Real Fashion bundle, but I would like to try something else in th meantime.. I've modified a Detailed Item Sales report and would like to ad columns for the following items associated with the Matrix Paren Item Matrix Lookup Cod Matrix Descriptio Matrix Dimension 1 (I want to see the value associated with Chil item I...

Outlook XP dialogs cut off
Some of the settings dialog boxes seem to be cut off to where some buttons or input fields do not show completely. I have a large (20.5") LCD set to the native resolution of 1600x1200 so every box should be at full size. I can not find an answer to this in the either the knowledge base or the Outlook support center. I am running Windows XP Pro SP1 with Office XP Pro. what specific dialogs and are they resizable? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsx...

Settings Button (administrator features) Missing in Web Brower Cli
The Settings option in the web Browser client is missing on one machine but not on others. I deleted the cookies and restarted the browser and the Setting Button appears. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to correct the problem without deleting all cookies? Mark Nabors Hi Mark, I have noticed this too. It is very frustrating. I have read a post that says that this is a conflict between the web client and the outlook client. I think that the outlook client creates the cookie so that settings does not appear in the web client and not the outlook client. Supposedly this woul...

Add chart
Hi, Can anybody find what is wrong with this code? It will just make a empty chartobject. I believe the ranges are ok, it probably is some bad syntax or object reference... The code should make a chart with two series of xlColumnClustered and one serie of xlLineMarkers. Thank you /tskogstrom --------------------------------------- CODE: Sub UppdateChartCF() Dim cht As Chart Set cht = Sheet1.ChartObjects("R_CF").Chart On Error Resume Next '(if no chartobject) Sheet1.ChartObjects("R_CF").Delete On Error GoTo EndCode 'Left and Top location = named ranges With Shee...

How do I change the e-mail I orginally set up outlook with?
Not sure what your question is. Do you mean you want to change your email account? "Sledge24" <Sledge24@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BE91BFB-6A14-40EF-9F0F-203792BEB3EB@microsoft.com... > ...

How to set up 2 diferent prices for 1 product?
Hallo. I need to set up special pricing for product. For example i sell bananas by 5$, but when they get not look good then I want to sell it by 1$. How to create the pricing mechanism for this situation. It’s not a special sales price because in the same time I can sell good bananas for a regular price. Ho to resolve that pricing situation in RMS? On May 2, 8:00 am, Martins <Mart...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hallo. > > I need to set up special pricing for product. > For example i sell bananas by 5$, but when they get not look good then I > want to se...

Journal Settings Won't Stick
Working with Outlook 2007 in a corporate environment and my users want to turn on journaling for the items in the "Also record files from:" entry. The user can turn on the setting and it will work with in that session but once Outlook is closed and reopened the checkboxes are cleared and journaling for these items stops working. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? TIA -- Rob Anyone have any ideas on this one? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rob > Working with Outlook 2007 in a corporate environment and my users want to >...

Setting Split form Window Sizes
I can't get A2007 to remember any Split form window sizes after trying various options for the last 4 hours I've had enough, this should be simple. I've got Access options set to overlapping windows. I've switched off Auto Resize and Fit to Screen. I've tried saving the form after I've sized it to how I want. None of the above works - I can nearly get it to work if I set the "Split Form Orientation" to Datasheet on right, but it's still not how I save it!!! If I set the "Orientation" to below it's nowhere near and sometimes...

Catching Accelerator Key
Is there any way to catch the accelerator key press before the corresponding menu command message is dispatched? I have a situation where "Delete" key is assigned to a menu via accelerator. But in some situations, I create an in-place edit box in the view, and hence under this situatio, want the "Delete" key to be handled by the edit box. How do I do it? It appears to me that the accelerator lookup is done before anything else. Is that true? Thank you for help Abhijit "Abhijit Patait" <abhi_junk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:473bc1dc.0405011243.73f...