scatter chart insists on plotting as a line chart

Excel 2003: had 2002 version. Data plotted correctly.  Next time I opened
file, data displayed as a series rather than a scatter chart, though the data
range fields for x and y coordinates display the proper ranges. Tried
rearranging my data into adjacent columns, creating new charts and ranges,
upgrading to 2003 Excel, changing chart into other types and back again...am
I missing a primary concept?
0
Little (3)

possible to equisize charts (6) in chart sheet?
My chart sheet has six charts on it; arranged in two columns of three charts each. The "snap to grid" feature is nice yet I am having difficulty getting all six of the charts to be the same size/dimension. Is there a shortcut for doing this or is it necessary to simply "eyeball" the heights and widths of the charts? I am hoping there is a way to automatically "tile" the charts. Thank you. Andrew - I usually use a regular worksheet for this, a blank one without all those numbers cluttering it up. When you drag and stretch charts on a worksheet, holding...

Excel Charts
I would like to easily/quickly toggle series in an Excel chart on an off. What I would really like to have is some way to click on a serie in the legend next to my chart and have that series data disappear fro my graph. Then I need to be able to click that series again in th legend and have the data reappear on the graph. I don't think Excel ha this capability built-in, so I'll have to create an add-in or macro Any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi! I think you might find this site will help: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html Alf ...

Is there a command line string I can use to send email?
If I can send email from a command prompt I can figure out a way to do a mass email to a list of people volunteering for something where I work - the list changes daily. Sandra <ab@mdahospital.com> wrote: > If I can send email from a command prompt I can figure out a way to > do a mass email to a list of people volunteering for something where > I work - the list changes daily. Check the tools here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- Brian Tillman ...

Charting in 2 axises
I need to chart on 2 axises showing the data as two separate columns next to each other. When I chart the two columns I lose my second axis on my chart. When I show my second axis on the chart, then the two columns are laid on top of each other. I want my second axis to show but I want the two columns to show as separate next to each other. What about changing your chart to a 3d model. 3d models can be panned to any angle which will enable you to see overlays. It's too bad there's not an image pasting function here. I have some graphs that are 3d that might make more sense ...

Changing line appearance for future values
Using Excel 2007. Is it possible to change the appearance of a line in a chart for values in the future (like projections)? I would like to go from solid to dashed and keep the same color and weight. Either you format line pieces individually (manual work). Either you use 2 series to plot in the chart. Use IF functions to see on which series a given value should be shown. Use NA() for values that should not be plotted. -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "RhysPieces" wrote: > Using Excel 2007. Is it possible to change the appearance of a line...

Referencing Chart Data?
I have a chart that is referencing a series of data that are formulas. The formulas return an average for the specified array. I am needing to find out how to keep the chart from considering the blank cells as zero values. I have tried having the formula return a "" (blank) value if false, but it still shows up in the chart as a zero value. Do you know the answer to this? -- Thank you! I don't know if this varies by version of Excel, so I'll just respond with what works in 2003: If you don't mind a continuous graph, try returning the N/A value by using ...

Protected XY plots change format spontaneously
I use Excel 2000 (9.0 SP3). In my workbook, each of 20 worksheets has some data-entry cells, an embedded XY plot, and some buttons for macros. Each plot has 1 series - the data from the data-entry cells on that sheet. Cells outside the data-entry area are locked. The worksheets are all "protected" so that users can make changes only in the data-entry cells. Two more XY plots are on separate sheets in this workbook - each has 12 series, and is also "protected". I have about 20 such workbooks. All are on a network drive and are accessed by users working at various PC...

Excel Table/Chart to JPEG for Web
I'm looking for a simple (read cheap) program that I can copy/paste or print into and adjust the pixel count (keeping aspect ratio) and resolution (dpi) for upload to web in jpeg format. Ideas? 1. Use gif or png, which are designed for line art and similar images, not jpg, which is designed for photos and is terrible at line art. 2. If you know VBA, you could use a command like this one from the immediate window or within a procedure: ActiveChart.Export ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\Chart001.png", "PNG" 3. Check out John Walkenbach's Chart Tools utility, a...

Fitting Line to Exponential Data
I should be able to do this but can't figure it out in Excel. I want to fit a line to some nonlinear data so I can project intermediate points. I gather I need the LOGEST function for this but I'm not able to make it work. Here are the X-Y pairs: X Y 4.5 0 6 18 10 49 20 77 45 99 Any help, with explanations, would be greatly appreciated so I can do this on my own next time. TIA John Smith - > I should be able to do this but can't figure it out in Excel. I want to fit a line to some nonlinear data so I can project intermediate points...

Money 2005 charts
Just wondering if i should buy Money 2005... I know Money can generate bar graphs and pie graphs, but will it create line graphs of expenses/account balances? I just find this easier to view all of it on one graph with different lines. Some standard reports e.g. Net worth over time are already line graphs, and for most others you can customise the display type. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Andrew Rooke&quo...

I want help with charts
I want to create a waterfall or bridging chart? have a look at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html and http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall2.html -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "Marton" wrote: > I want to create a waterfall or bridging chart? ...

Can't Scroll Text in a Single-line CEdit
Hello all, I have a problem with single-line CEdit controls. I have one where I put text into it, using SetWindowText(). And then I select part of that text, using SetSel(). But I need the caret to end up at the beginning of the selection, not the end. The user needs to see the start of the selection. How do I put the caret at the beginning of the selection and scroll the text back so you can see the caret? I tried something like this (which doesn't work): int iSelStart = GetIndexOfSelectionStart( pMyCEdit ); int iSelEnd = GetIndexOfLastChar( pMyCEdit ); pMyCEdit->SendMessage(EM...

Dynamically control how many lines on a graph?
I apologize if this is a FAQ, for some reason my newsreader isn't picking up any messages from this group (looks like no postings) so hopefully I'll be able to access responses, if not, I'll googlesearch for responses later today and tomorrow... ------------------------------------------------ I have many sets of data, all on the same sheet (in a repeated pattern- starting in row 1, then 11, then 21, etc) My single graph is based on named ranges, and the named range(s) are based on Steve Bullen's funchart1 (autoexpanding chart) to control how many x-axis values are shown- whic...

Best way to add a chart?
Earlier I had asked for some help on how to proceed with this application. I have moved forward a little on my own but now I'm at a point where I really need a pro's recommendation. I am trying to build an application that will track printer usage. I am using a search interface that I downloaded form Allen Browne's web site (excellent stuff!!). My concept is this; 1. Interface allows user to choose search criteria based on type of pages printed, specific printer, and time frame of printer usage audit. 2. After user selects the criteria the form displays the filtered data and ...

Adding multiple lines of text within one cell
Is there a way, in excel, to add multiple lines of text to a cell? For example, I want to add a few bullet points (need hard return) but I want them to all appear within one cell. Thanks! not sure about the bullet points bit .. but ALT & ENTER will give you a line return within a cell. -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "Michael" <groups@enthios.com> wrote in message news:BE8BDB15.5157%groups@enthios.com... > Is there a way, in excel, to add multiple lines of text to a cell? > For example, I want t...

Formula for charts
Hi all, I have the following function define in one cell: =D49-D49*(B8^2) D49 is dynamic. However, B8 is a constant cell referring to a constant value. When I tried to copy the function to another cell, B8 is changed to B9. I only want D49 to change. How do I keep Excel from changing B8? Thanks! Hi, You need to use absolute references ($) rather then relative ones. =D49-D49*($B$8*$B$8) Cheers Andy PPP wrote: > Hi all, > > I have the following function define in one cell: =D49-D49*(B8^2) > > D49 is dynamic. However, B8 is a constant cell referring to a constant > v...

How do I create oversized Excel charts that will print directly
to a large format plotter. Setting page size and setting paper size in printer options does not work. Do you have the appropriate drivers for the plotter? Something made for Windows and for Office Applications? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ solarex wrote: > to a large format plotter. Setting page size and setting paper size in > printer options does not work. ...

show 3 sets of data per data point in a scatter plot
I would like to be able to plot the pieces of info for each data point in a scatter plot and have all the information appear when the mouse hovers above each point, i.e.: Name of School, percentage of test takers, percentage passed. Is this possible? Hello, Marie! You wrote on Tue, 3 Oct 2006 08:08:02 -0700: M> I would like to be able to plot the pieces of info for each M> data point in a scatter plot and have all the information M> appear when the mouse hovers above each point, i.e.: Name of M> School, percentage of test takers, percentage passed. Is M> this possib...

Pareto Chart #2
Sorry, I posted this in the Worksheet Function section by accident and it should be posted in Charts. Is there a way of creating a pareto chart in Excel 2003? Thank you, Karen This site gives a short tutorial on creating a Pareto chart in Excel . . . http://www.qualitydigest.com/oct97/html/excel.html -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "Karen" wrote: > Sorry, I posted this in the Worksheet Function section by accident and it > should be posted in Charts. > > Is there a way of creating a pareto chart in Excel 2003? > > Thank you, Karen > ...

Stop removing blank lines at the end of a document
Hello, I have a series of rather large Word documents used in testing. Once testing is complete, I clean up the documents to remove the testing bits (checkboxes, approvals and such) and then compile the document in chm form to be used as a help file. I've written a macro that cleans up the document by selectively removing some table rows, and some "This page is intentionally blank" entries. I would also like to remove a whole lot of unnecessary blank lines, but only starting at a certain point in the document. So, I need to first move to the point in the docu...

Data showing incorrectly on line chart
I'm having difficulty with a line chart. I've got two ranges of numbers of two types of calls (from 1972 through 2004) that goes up from 50 to 7700. My chart's Y axis has automatically decided to show from 0 to 16,000. On the chart itself, my data starts being placed at about 6,000 (for both 24 "F" calls and 649 "M" calls in the year 1972) and goes up to a point above 14,000 (for a figure that should only be just above 7000). When I hover over the points, it give me the right number, yet it shows it in the wrong place. I've tried to change the s...

Excel chart help!!!!!! Please!!!!
Heeeeeelp I have MS excel 2000. Every time I plot a chart the y-axis title (no labels) is incomplete (a few letters are missing off the end). It doe not let me change the title-box size via the usual route (i.e. draggin one of the corners with the mouse). If I change the font size of th title, the box also gets smaller and some of the title is stil missing. The x-axis is fine, only the y-axis is causing problems. The preset title allignment is at 90 degrees, and if I change the titl allignment to 0 degrees the whole title is visible. So the problem i only there when I have the y-axis title...

Changing color of a single gridline on a chart
I need to change the color of a single grid line on a chart. This is currently not allowed (at least I am not able to). When you change color all the grid lines take the same color. I need to change the color of a single grid line. Please help if you know the answer. You can't colour one gridline, but Jon Peltier has instructions for adding a horizontal line to a chart: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine Anise Ahmed wrote: > I need to change the color of a single grid line on a > chart. This is currently not allowed (at least I am no...

Scatter Chart #7
I have a template used to track the scores of grades of students. This is the raw data (starting in Column A) Student Form. A MP1 DIFF A 65 49 -16.00 B 75 85 10.00 C 85 91 6.00 D 55 81 26.00 E 85 90 5.00 F 95 90 -5.00 G 70 78 8.00 H 95 68 -27.00 I 95 92 -3.00 J 80 76 -4.00 K 65 91 26.00 L 65 89 24.00 M 70 87 17.00 N 80 80 0.00 O 90 96 6.00 P 70 81 11.00 Q 95 88 -7.00 R 65 68 3.00 S 70 84 14.00 T 65 79 14.00 U 85 89 4.00 V 95 93 -2.00 w 70 86 16.00 x 65 73 8.00 y 100 92 -8.00 z 75 93 18.00 aa 85 89 4.00 bb 95 60 -35.00 I would like to add a demographic to this, such as race; I thought I...

charts and pivot tables
I update a table in excel (2003) each month, showing year to date data. I need to pivot the data into many pivot tables then create charts (I don't want to use a pivot chart for cosmetic reasons). Because it is year to date, I would like the charts to automatically update each time I add a new month (date is on the X axis). At the moment I change the source data each month for each chart to include the new month, but I was hoping someone could tell me an easier way of doing this. Thank you You could use the utility I mentioned in your other post: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Char...