saving values to cells

ok here goes...

what i was wondering is hard to explain so ill explain it in an smal
example...

i have 3 sheets in my workbook, 'week1', 'week2' and 'total'

i enter the number 10 in cell A1 on the 'week1' sheet and the number
in cell B2 on the 'week2' sheet

on the 'total' sheet in cell C3 i enter the formula =week1!A1+week2!B
and it adds it obviously.

but i then want to delete sheets 'week1' and 'week2' yet keep the valu
13 in cell C3 on the 'total' sheet WITHOUT having to type it in myself.

ignore the macro part i would like to know just how to lock the value
to the cells.

is this even possible? im using excel 2000 but have access to 2003 i
necessary. any response would be wonderful :)

thanks in advance

--
bouncebackability

The cell Total!C3 needs to be changed from a formula to a value
select the cell

<cntr>C  to copy
<alt>ESV  to paste special "values"

You can put this into an auto macro
say before save

Say your total is in cell C3 on sheet3
enter the macro below into the workbook code.
To get there ,,,,,,,,right click onto the excel sign next to the "file" menu
on the top menu bar
select view code

select "workbook" in the top left dropdown and "before save" in the right
dropdown

You'll see.............
Boolean)
End Sub

Copy the following lines............and paste them between Private
Sub...........and End Sub

Sheet3.Select
Range("C3").Copy
Range("C3").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
Application.CutCopyMode = False

So the end result will be...............

Boolean)
Sheet3.Select
Range("C3").Copy
Range("C3").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

From now each time you save the workbook the contents of cell C3 will be
copied and pasted
as a value.

--
Greetings from New Zealand

"bouncebackability" <bouncebackability.1c98845@excelbanter.com> wrote in
message news:bouncebackability.1c98845@excelbanter.com...

> ok here goes...
>
> what i was wondering is hard to explain so ill explain it in an small
> example...
>
> i have 3 sheets in my workbook, 'week1', 'week2' and 'total'
>
> i enter the number 10 in cell A1 on the 'week1' sheet and the number 3
> in cell B2 on the 'week2' sheet
>
> on the 'total' sheet in cell C3 i enter the formula =week1!A1+week2!B2
> and it adds it obviously.
>
> but i then want to delete sheets 'week1' and 'week2' yet keep the value
> 13 in cell C3 on the 'total' sheet WITHOUT having to type it in myself.
>
> ignore the macro part i would like to know just how to lock the values
> to the cells.
>
> is this even possible? im using excel 2000 but have access to 2003 if
> necessary. any response would be wonderful :)
>
> thanks in advance.
>

> --
> bouncebackability

Copy > PasteSpecial > Values, will delete the formula and retain the result...

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"bouncebackability" wrote:

> ok here goes...
>
> what i was wondering is hard to explain so ill explain it in an small
> example...
>
> i have 3 sheets in my workbook, 'week1', 'week2' and 'total'
>
> i enter the number 10 in cell A1 on the 'week1' sheet and the number 3
> in cell B2 on the 'week2' sheet
>
> on the 'total' sheet in cell C3 i enter the formula =week1!A1+week2!B2
> and it adds it obviously.
>
> but i then want to delete sheets 'week1' and 'week2' yet keep the value
> 13 in cell C3 on the 'total' sheet WITHOUT having to type it in myself.
>
> ignore the macro part i would like to know just how to lock the values
> to the cells.
>
> is this even possible? im using excel 2000 but have access to 2003 if
> necessary. any response would be wonderful :)
>
> thanks in advance.
>

> --
> bouncebackability

0
CLR (807)

visual basic

Help, I cannot Save!

.pdf save as settings

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

IsOutLookClient() returns wrong value

Single click selects multiple cells

Budget Wont Save
I have have Money 2002 for awhile and have never been able to save a budget and start a new one. I decided to start over with a new file, but once I get all my info back in there, it still won't save. MS has no info in the KB about this. Anyone else have this issue? ...

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Value is BLANK

How to save as a high definition JPEG
Whenever we save our Advertisements file in JPEG format we get a low resolution file. Is there any way to save our file as a high resolution JPEG file? Thank You Michael Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Michael Malone <mmalone@pdp.ca> > Whenever we save our Advertisements file in JPEG format we > get a low resolution file. Is there any way to save our > file as a high resolution JPEG file? Publisher 2003 can save JPG files at high resolution. A workaround in Publisher 2002 is to enlarge your publication to a larger size,...

y value vs x
In an xy scatter plot one can choose the type of line connecting the data points (smooth, straight, etc.). Once this is done, Is there a simple way of determining the y value of graph for a specific x value without doing successive approximations with 0 shifts. I'd rather not purchase a graphing program just for this simple task. You could find an equation that fits the data (see trendline) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ralph" <ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:284B39DE-20C6-40CB-AB60-39B...