Saving Files

I have Excel 2007. I have many ".xls" from 2003. I open, add data, change
data, etc. Save to ".xlsx" AND ".xls" to make sure I have the file. But after
saving, I come back later, and the file is not current - it's from a day or
two ago and NONE of my changes are there. It's as though I never did any
work. I have tried most of the usual attempts. Save, Save As, click on the
Save icon, use Ctrl S. And now this is happening with the "new" ".xlsx" as
well. I even tried saving to a flash drive instead of my HD. Nothing seems to
work. The frustrating thing is that this doesn't happen "everytime". Just
occassionally. But even occassionally is extremely annoying after spending
hours working on a spreadsheet.
--
Morgan, novice, Brand new Dell, Vista Hm Prem. Office 2007 for Word and
Excel only.

Sometimes operators will pick a file from some obscure directory and work on
it and somehow during the process Excel will direct any saves back to it's
"default directory", so there will appear to be no changes in the directory
from whence the file came.  Assuming that you have cleared all that stuff,
and that is not the trouble, I have no clue as to why you cannot do a SaveAs
to a specific directory and get proper results.  All I can say, is that I
could not live with those conditions, and would quickly revert to an older
version of Excel if the problem persists to even a minor degree.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"PennsyNut" wrote:

> I have Excel 2007. I have many ".xls" from 2003. I open, add data, change
> data, etc. Save to ".xlsx" AND ".xls" to make sure I have the file. But after
> saving, I come back later, and the file is not current - it's from a day or
> two ago and NONE of my changes are there. It's as though I never did any
> work. I have tried most of the usual attempts. Save, Save As, click on the
> Save icon, use Ctrl S. And now this is happening with the "new" ".xlsx" as
> well. I even tried saving to a flash drive instead of my HD. Nothing seems to
> work. The frustrating thing is that this doesn't happen "everytime". Just
> occassionally. But even occassionally is extremely annoying after spending
> hours working on a spreadsheet.
> --
> Morgan, novice, Brand new Dell, Vista Hm Prem. Office 2007 for Word and
> Excel only.
0
CLR (807)
12/31/2007 6:59:02 PM
"CLR" wrote:

> Sometimes operators will pick a file from some obscure directory and work on
> it and somehow during the process Excel will direct any saves back to it's
> "default directory", so there will appear to be no changes in the directory
> from whence the file came.  Assuming that you have cleared all that stuff,
> and that is not the trouble, I have no clue as to why you cannot do a SaveAs
> to a specific directory and get proper results.  All I can say, is that I
> could not live with those conditions, and would quickly revert to an older
> version of Excel if the problem persists to even a minor degree.
>
> Vaya con Dios,
> Chuck, CABGx3
Chuck
What do you mean by "operator"? Me? If so, why not say so. I did not pick a
file from some obscure directory. Are there "default" directories other than
the one I opened? I do sometimes see some obscure directory called
"c:\Users\Morgan F Bilbo\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick
Launch\Finance\2.Expenses" What on earth is this?
Morgan
0
PennsyNut (3)