Saving emails to harddrive

I get several emails regarding various topics and I'd like to save them by
topic on my harddrive.  Usually I have to copy the text to notepad and then
to .docx. on Word 2007.

Surely there is a better way to save emails to the harddrive.

I just drag them from Outlook Express into the folder window where I
want to keep them.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 15, 2:06 pm, bretsharon <bretsha...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I get several emails regarding various topics and I'd like to save them by
> topic on my harddrive.  Usually I have to copy the text to notepad and then
> to .docx. on Word 2007.
>
> Surely there is a better way to save emails to the harddrive.

0
pashurst (2576)
10/15/2007 1:16:24 PM
Thank you.  It was too simple for me to think of
Well, I'm glad you can do it now - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Oct 17, 8:00 pm, bretsharon <bretsha...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Thank you.  It was too simple for me to think of

0
pashurst (2576)

email a queue from a user
Is there a way to email a queue from a crm user on the road and have it go to the queue? We have blackberries and would like to email support@ourcompany.com and get it posted there so we can assign it. Andy ...

Searching free email account provider with POP3 AND SMTP (!!!!) access
I am searching an internet service which offers free email accounts with POP3 and SMTP access. A limit of emails/day (to prevent spammers) would be ok. I have seen some lists of such services but most of them do NOT provide SMTP access (!) although claimed! Thomas Thomas Hansen <thans2000@gmx.net> wrote: > I am searching an internet service which offers free email accounts > with POP3 and SMTP access. A limit of emails/day (to prevent > spammers) would be ok. Google is your friend. http://www.google.com/search?q=%2Bfree+%2Bpop+%2Bsmtp -- Brian Tillman POP3 is how in...

Odd Email Recipt error
Hi. We have a number of users who have external mailboxes, and some who have internal mailboxes. Everyone uses the same domain username@ourcompany.com. When anyone of us send an email to an account externally with a copy to an account internally, the external receipient gets the message, but the sender gets an error which states there is an error delivering to username@companyname.LOCAL, because on receipt to the internal receipient, Exchange is trying to send that email to the external receipient, but locally... Has anyone experienced this, and if so, does anyone know a solution to th...

email always received as att000##.txt
A friend of mine is using outlook (so am I) Any time he replies to a message, instead of the message coming in as an email, it comes back to me as the original email I sent him with an attachment containing the text of his reply. the attachment file name always looks like this: att000021.txt or some other number, but alway of that format. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? can't find in the knowledgebase thanks Dave info@monshaw.com ...

yahoo's email window
I cannot seem to find what I am having issue with in yahoo's help. Simply, I use classic mail & the window is so small, I have to scroll each & every time I want to review & respond to certain points, yet the window takes up less than half the browser window - anyone know how to enlarge the classic mail window, so I can read & respond without having to scroll down for each sentence or paragraph ? Many thanks for any/all -- Dallas..... Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP3, WMP11, 16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via A...

Outlook slow saving attachments to nt 4.0 server
After upgrading to Windows XP Professional, Outlook 2000 is extremely slow in saving attachments to a Windows nt 4.0 server with Service Pack 6.0a. All service packs and updates were installed in both Outlook and Windows XP. Any suggestions?? Ben Horwich ...

Very strange behavior with contact/email confusion Outlook 2003
On WinXP professional with latest service packs (for office too). I open outlook and create a new email. (Ctl+shift+M) Start typing my name in the 'to' field and it guesses my work email joe.doe@company.com I right click on this email and choose 'Look up outlook contact' and it brings up an old email. Every email I send to this address bears the subject of the email in the 'to' field: "If women ruled the world". If I click 'Add or edit phone numbers' a contact pops up with the subject as the Full name "If women ruled the world" If I type i...

Forward Email to include Senders email address in the body
With the help of what I've found at this wonderful site I created the following code which works well. The only part I'm missing which I can't seem to figure out is how I can include the email address of the original sender the message. I want the ending result to be like this... Please whitelist the following "Email Address of original sender" Original email Here's my code. I'm just missing the "Email Address of original Sender" part. Sub Whitelist() On Error Resume Next Set ThisItem = Application.ActiveInspector...

Email messages are being deleted
Hi guys Not entirely sure if this is the right group but anyway here goes. Somehow I've altered something which has made my Vista Windows Mail 6.0.6000.16386 delete each mail message once I've read it. The deleted messages don't even go into the deleted items folder. Everything was working fine until I started messing with the settings to try and delete old usenet postings. I've tried to back out the changes which I remember making, but so far no success. Thanks in advance -- David They're not deleted. While in the Inbox: View | Current View...

Save print settings
How do I save print settings in an excel file. I have created a form for co-workers to use and want it to automatically print to a particular printer and to print two-sided. Unfortunately I can't count on most of them to know how to do that, so I would like the file to have those print settings saved. -- Julie Print settings are generally saved with the workbook. Are you sure this is not occuring? Perhaps you could create a Custom View which includes your specific print settings? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 20 May 2010 06:55:01 -0700, Julie <Julie@discu...

outlook2007 contact not displayed when writing email
When I click 'new' to start write a new email, the contacts contains nothing when I click on the 'To' botton. I can still see the folders of my contact but there are nothing to select from. but when i check back to the contact, all the contacts are there... anyone has an answer? -- ~~~ Transformer rocks Cliff, you wrote on Wed, 4 Jul 2007 14:10:00 -0700: > When I click 'new' to start write a new email, the contacts contains nothing > when I click on the 'To' botton. I can still see the folders of my contact > but there are nothing to sel...

can't save pics as jpg
I'm having trouble savings pictures sent to me as Jpegs. The "save as" only offers me the bitmap format, even though the original is a jpg. Anyone know why? Bruce B. berman@optonline.net What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Bruce <berman@optonline.net> asked: | I'...

automatic email forwarding
Is there a method to have the boss' email from a specfic organization forwarded to the secretary so the boss does not miss any more meetings? He forgets to check his email! example: to: john@outlook.com from: bill@microsoft.com forwarded automatically to: Doris@outlook.com ...

Why can I send email but not recieve any?
I have set up my email account using Student and Teacher and can send email but am unable to receive any to my outlook address. Billyboy wrote: > I have set up my email account using Student and Teacher and can send > email but am unable to receive any to my outlook address. Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you've set up your e-mail account incorrectly. Verify your settings - if that doesn't work, call your ISP's helpdesk and ask them for help setting up your e-mail. Nobody in here will know what to tell you! Outlook does not have addresses. Your ISP provides your email ...

Workflow Rule using Email Template error
I have a workflow rule that is set to send an email template on a case assign. I am able to email with setting up rules without using the template. The workflow rule fails, giving the following error message: The user I am assigning the case to does have the correct email in the primary email field. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMWorkflowService Description: The description for Event ID ( 5895 ) in Source ( MSCRMWorkflowService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You ...

Problem saving a spreadsheet
I created an Excel spreadsheet and saved it to a network drive. When other people edit the spreadsheet and try to save it they get a message saying the file is set as read only. They are directed to save the file as another name. The save dialog box comes up and saves the file as a "copy of" the original. If you right click on the file and go to properties the read only attribute is not selected. Why does this keep happening? My guess is that this is actually nothing to do with the spreadsheet but more to do with your network settings. Although you have set the properties o...

Email Message Security
I got email forwarded from someone. How do I find out if the original email message has been compromised? Ask the originator of the email? "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6129114D-319B-470D-8FD7-1A304F1D9A63@microsoft.com... :I got email forwarded from someone. How do I find out if the original email : message has been compromised? email is about as secure as these users groups "Wayne" wrote: > I got email forwarded from someone. How does a doofus like me find out if the > original email message has been ...

Can't Send Email 06-28-10
I am a new Windows7 user and Windows Live user for email. I can recieve email but my sent emails remain in the Outbox. I cannot see a Tools or Email Account menu option in the mail window. Any help is much appreciated. -- JAK WLM version ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "JimmyAK" <JimmyAK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E210642-A115-4F77-B60E-16181B3B45DB@microsoft.com... > I am a new Windows7 user and Windows Live user for email. > I can recieve email but my sent emails remain in the Outbox. > I cannot see a Tools or Email Account ...

auto generate emails from data stored in excel spreadsheet
Hi, Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an email which is stored in a worksheet either using excel macros or in conjuction with outlook. thanks in advance. Mark K Look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Maybe this one http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#message -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "MarkK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:169b901c447f2$268f26b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an > email which is stored in a worksheet either us...

Outlook2000, email/receiving and sending
The problem is that Outlook 2000 cannot receive incoming mails, even though it can send out e-mails. Currently XP Home edition is running. Also I have Outlook Express running ( for Hotmail as well as Comcast.net), even though Outlook is set for dafault (I believe default is for Comcast only, because Hotmail account is not setup in Outlook 2000). The problem is that any mail addressed to Comcast is going to Outlook Express, not Outlook 2000, which I wanted to. Outlook 2000 attempts to retrive mails (icon showing "looking for the server"), but eventually fails and a message box ...

Toobar configs won't save
I keep deleting the Anti-Spam and Business history toolbars, but they keep coming back after closing Outlook2003. ...

EMail on the web
Hello I am receving allot of spam via email address on our website. How can i prevent people from using the email address on our site to send spam mail to others and also sending spam mail to us. In this day and age - a good Spam Filter is in order. We use ORF at www.vamsoft.com "Otis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f0501c4480e$23403910$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > Hello > > I am receving allot of spam via email address on our > website. How can i prevent people from using the email > address on our site to send spam mail to others a...

Lost file
My daughter turned off my computer before I could name/save a file in Excel. Will a temp version of it exist anywhere? Thanks! ...

Save As Disappeared
I can no longer access the Save As option for any of my spreadsheets. Any ideas? Hi Steve You can reset your menubar to default Right click on the menubar and choose customize Under Toolbars select the worksheet menubar and click on reset on the right You lost all the things you changed to the menubar -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:025201c3b9dc$8dd62070$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I can no longer access the Save As option for any of my > spreadsheets. Any...

Saving attached files in Outlook
What is OLK8 and what is it supposed to do? Outlook wants to save attached files to a folder called OLK8. When I want to go find the files I can't find the folder OLK8 even thought the save path indicated that it was in "local settings". It doesn't appear to be a hidden file. Why is OLK8 so hard to find when it is the default Outlook save location? The MS KB is (per usual) no help. It is a temporary file for storing attachments. If you are using Windows 2000 or XP, try turning on hidden and system folders and then go look again. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outl...