Saving a macro

I have an excell file which i want to be able to share, it has macros that
allow times to be added and saved. i was wondering if there was a way to make
this a file which cannot be altered, only info. added. like a template file,
to prevent deletion of the macros?
0
Bill7393 (298)

On 11 Jul, 05:18, Bill <B...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have an excell file which i want to be able to share, it has macros that
> allow times to be added and saved. i was wondering if there was a way to make
> this a file which cannot be altered, only info. added. like a template file,
> to prevent deletion of the macros?

Hi Bill

You can protect your code in the vba editor by right-clicking the
Project name in the explorer window > VBAProject Properties >
Protection tab > check Lock project for viewing > add a Password (and
don't forget it).

Your code can't be accessed now but the macros can still be disabled
at startup.

Regards

Steve

0
britwiz (47)

Save options and paths in vars
Hello! At the moment I'm writing a small backup script with robocopy. Robocopy offers serveral parameters. For example: /XD exclude file list /XF exlude dir list /MIR Mirroring options Within my backup script, all exclude files and dirs are stored in an seperate variable: For example: $excludeFiles = "UsrClass.dat " + "UsrClass.dat.LOG1 " + "UsrClass.dat.LOG2 " + "ntuser.dat " + "ntuser.dat.LOG1 " + "ntuser.dat.LOG2" At the end of my script I'm using all my prepared va...

WM_QUERYENDSESSION and saving data through a worker thread
Hello I have an application that uses a worker thread to save/load data. I'm wondering what is the best reaction to WM_QUERYENDSESSION in my case. I have to possible scenarios: 1. When WM_QUERYENDSESSION comes fire the thread and wait for it to end. Only then return TRUE from WM_QUERYENDSESSION handler. The problem is that I will get nusty dialog that my application "is not responding". 2. When WM_QUERYENDSESSION comes fire the thread and return FALSE from the handler. When thread is done force application to end. But this way I will probably prevent Windows from closing,...

Excel saving multiple copies of file
I am running Excel 2002 on Windows XP Professional. I exported a table from Access into Excel. When I make changes to the file and click the Save icon to do a quick save, Excel is creating a copy of the file and saving it in the OLK folder. Each time a do a quick save, a new file is created with an incremental number added to the file. The original file is on a network drive. When I try to attach the Excel file to an email, I browse out to the default file location, and the file that is inserted is one from the OLK file, but I never know which one. Any ideas? ...

O2003 New Toolbars Saved Where?
I have XP with O2003 on one computer. Just got a new computer with W7 and installed O2003. I copied over the "outcmd.dat" file and I can see my data (e.g. views) so I know its using the correct "outcmd.dat" file. However two custom toolbars I created are not shown nor are they in the customized toolbar list. Are custom toolbars saved in a different location? Thanks Shawn On Jul 24, 6:22=A0pm, srm <s...@primatech.com> wrote: > I have XP with O2003 on one computer. Just got a new computer with W7 > and installed O2003. I copied over the "outcmd.dat" ...

get rid of macro option at startup
I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable or disable macros) when I open the file? Is there a way to get rid of this since I no longer have macros in this file? Thanks. Brad You need to delete the empty module.! Bill K "Brad Rench" <brench@comcast.net> wrote in message news:kSOdnb0Jjst9afaiXTWJkg@comcast.com... > I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. > > Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable > or disable macros) when I o...

Macro's with Ctrl or Ctrl-Shift?
When you record a new macro it asks you what Ctrl key you want to access it with. If you Edit the Properties of a Macro it asks you what Ctrl-Shift key you want to use to access a macro. How can you have more control over this to assign the proper key to a macro? Thanks. Al, I don't know what you mean by "edit the properties of a macro." You can assign a Ctrl or Ctrl-Shift combination (excluding number keys) to macros either when about to record a macro, or later with Tools - Macro - Macros - Options. If by "have more control," you mean keys other than C...

problems saving to JPG file
hi everybody! im using 2003 SP2 over windows2000 profesional.When i save my visio file to jpg to use it after in a web page, i see this image not clear and i can not distingish any. I have also another computer with Visio 2002 and if i do all this operations an it, i can see it perfectly. I thought it was a problem with visio versions, that opening a visio 2002 file with visio 2003 and save it to .jpg file, it did conversion wrong and that was the reason. But i even started a visio fike from begining with Visio 2003 and the jpg file is almost illegible. I tried with more resolution and noth...

Somehow I created a Macro in a worksheet.
I created a macro in an Excel worksheet somehow. I didn't try to, it just happened. Now everytime I open that workbook, it asks me if I want to run the macro, disable it, etc. How the hell do I get rid of the macro? It doesn't show up under tools, macros. And it apparently doesn't do anything either because I can disable it and nothing different happens. Who invented this system anyway? Thanks, V When you record a macro, a module is created to store the macro code. There are instructions here for removing the module that is causing the prompt to appear: http://www.c...

macro problem
i have a worksheet that shows worktimes for employees, the cells ar grey, when you enter the employees time or "shift" and press a butto that executes my macro, it changes the colour of the "shift" to whit to show the time scale that the employee is working. the macro run fine, the problem is that to run the macro i have to click a button. i there a way of running the macro, or executing the code when i ente the employees "shift" of time. or is this not possible? this is the code i am using at the minute for it to run when i click o a button: Private Function Sh...

macro command
Hi all i had a problem of shifting selected rows one cell to the right, the data looks like this:- 328 Sales $ 0 0 0 0 0 0 Qnty 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 509 Sales $ 0 0 0 0 0 0 Qnty 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ALEX Sales $ 0 0 0 0 0 0 Qnty 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ALJ Sales $ 0 0 0 0 0 0 Qnty 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ANCH Sales $ 0 0 0 0 0 0 Qnty 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ANG Sales $ 0 0 0 0 0 0 Qnty 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ANSON Sales $ 0 0 0 0 0 0 Qnty 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 BEDOK Sales $ 0 0 0 0 0 Qnty 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 As what you have see the qnty column is not same as the sales column and i had hundred thousand of rows to cut and paste. ...

Solver add-in and macros
I just got a new computer with XP and Excel 2003 and tried to run a macro that used to SOLVER add-in function and got a compile error. As a test I recorded a macro using the SOLVER and got the same result when I tried to run that macro. The Compile Error is "Sub or Function not defined". On the Knowledge Base it says I need to add SOLVER to the list of References in the VB Editor. When I go to the references list, SOLVER does not appear. When I open Help for VB and search for SOLVER, it finds nothing. What is going on? Why doesn't VB even recognize the existence ...

Saving address to replyed emails
IN outlook express I could automatically save the email address when I replyed to an email. I want to be able to do this in outlook 2002 Can some please help Not possible. You will need to right click on the address and select to Add to Contacts. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Garth <smilepolice@hotmail.com> typed: | IN outlook express I could automatically save the email | address when I replyed to an email. | | I want to be able to do this in outlook 2002 | | Can some please help ...

XL 2007: How to find out what keyboard shortcuts I've assigned to macros?
Over the years, I've recorded and written a lot of macros. (Probably time to take a week or two and go over them and delete at least half!) I assigned a keyboard shortcut to a lot of them. I seem to remember that before XL 2007, there was a keyboard organizer that I could go through and review what shortcuts I had already assigned to my macros. I can't find that in 2007, though. Is there an easy way to generate a list of all my keyboard assignments and what macros they go to? Ed I don't recall ever seeing any such keyboard organizer in 2007. Canned from a prev...

Problems opening/saving attachments
I am unable to open or save any .rtf file attachments - this started happening today, previously there were no problems with .rtf files. When I try to open such an attachment I get this message: Can't create file: xyz.rtf Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. What folder is this? I am trying to open the attachment not creat the file! Also, when I try to send an rtf file as an attachment, in the email message the file does not show in the attachments section but the receipient actu...

Pivot tables and Macros
I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the drop downs, not change the fields in the table or anything)and print from a pivot table using a macro. So how do I go about doing that? When I set up a macro by recording the actions that I want to do, I always get an error message when I try to run it as a macro. What specific steps are you recording, and what error message do you get? Can you click the Debug button, and see the line of code that is causing the problem? Dust For Eyes wrote: > I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the >...

Macro changes color
Hello I have the following macro to set chart fonts to arial 10. But If I apply this macro to a chart that already has fonts colored differently (lets say some are red, some blue, some white) it changes all fonts to black. I tried to remove ColorIndex hoping i would than ignore color, but it doesn't help. How to make macro that will not change the set colors in the chart? Selection.AutoScaleFont = False With Selection.Font .Name = "Arial" .Size = 10 .Strikethrough = False .Superscript = False .Subscript = False .OutlineFont =...

Save Task Folder
How do I save a Task Folder in the Public Folders including saving all the custom views and information in the folder? ...

Saving emails #3
Is there a folder in which all our emails from outlook express sit in? I'm trying to transfer my old emails to my new computer and I'm not sure how to go about doing it. Thanks This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.o...

Email Text Dissappears when Save
When we save email messages (as a draft) the text dissappears, even when th I use my administrator account. Anybody have any idea what that is happening. ...

Outlook saves image attachment as bitmap
Hi. I have Outlook 2003 running on Windows XP. When I save an image attachments, it only allows me to save it as bitmap. Before, it used to let me choose between bitmap & jpeg. I found an article on Microsoft's website, but it only pertains to Internet Explorer (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978#appliesto). I did it anyways, but it didn't correct my problem. Thanx in advance, Candee ...

Saving MY Calendar into "Publication-Calendar"
My problem is that I have to make a certain type of calendar in every month. It would save lots of time forme if I could find a way that I could save my "calendar setting" and also be able to apply the new month's settings. There is any way that I could save my "home-made" calendar into "Publications-Calendar" and call it up just like the other calendars? Thanks. If you have repeating items you just use the Merge for those items every month. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" I do not understand ho...

Why does "wrong operand" appear when saving pub as pdf?
Hi, I am trying to save a 2 page publisher file as a pdf (through pdf995) and it only saves one page. I get the message "wrong operand". Can anyone help? Thanks! Open the file with Publisher, next while in Publisher do, File, Print, from the printer window select from the drop down printer selection menu, select pdf995 and OK. -- Don Vancouver USA "Bex" <Bex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B30441E8-3F81-4782-B89E-B456DC112F90@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am trying to save a 2 page publisher file as a pdf (through pdf995) and &g...