same date and set up on complete workbook

Is it possible to set the date only once for the complete workbook?  I have
12 pages.
Thank you.
0
Ed4190 (308)

Ed,
Not exactly sure what you mean. If you mean, insert it onto 12
different tabs/worksheets within a workbook and they're all in the same
cell (e.g. A1), you can select cell A1 in Sheet 1, and then shift click
on the final tab/worksheet. This will select cell A1 in all tabs. Press
Ctrl ; to insert the date and press Ctrl Enter to enter it onto all 12
cells spread across the sheets.
Clive

--
Clivey_UK
Clivey_UK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32569

Ed,
Not exactly sure what you mean. If you mean, insert it onto 12
different tabs/worksheets within a workbook and they're all in the same
cell (e.g. A1), you can select cell A1 in Sheet 1, and then shift click
on the final tab/worksheet. This will select cell A1 in all tabs. Press
Ctrl ; to insert the date and press Ctrl Enter to enter it onto all 12
cells spread across the sheets.
Clive

--
Clivey_UK
Clivey_UK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32569
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=533435

Maybe on Sheet2 add this formula to A1

=Sheet1!A1

and then again on the other sheets

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"ED" <ED@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to set the date only once for the complete workbook?  I
have
> 12 pages.
> Thank you.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

auto populate unused rows from workbook to workbook
Please Help. I can't seem to get the data entered on one workbook to enter on another workbook without over writing. I've set up a master seed file where client data is entered and then saved as the client name. Its data entered into rows is then set to auto populate the second workbook's first row. Is there a method by which a second set of data will automatically know to skip down to the next unused row on the second workbook? Anybody? Thanks! It would be a lot easier if we could see the code you're using now that does the overwriting. The basics of it all a...

New workbook/sheet defaults
I'm using Excel 2003 and have put two files Book.xlt and Sheet.xlt in the startup folder whose path is specified in: Tools|Options|General|At startup open all files in: Sheet.xlt works fine for adding new sheets and Book.xlt works fine for new workbooks created by clicking the New icon on the Standard toolbar, but not if I create it using File|New then select Blank Workbook from the New Workbook task pane or if I click Templates|On My Computer then select Workbook. How do I have these actions use the Book.xlt and Sheet.xlt files that I've created for the purpose? JF. I would p...

Identical Name on multiple workbook pages
As a hardened Excel/VBA nut, I'm probably going to be really embarrased when I get the answer to this, but here goes... I have a workbook containing a worksheet that records weekly data. I have a named range ("Data") which I select then clear, via GoTo. Each week, I copy the latest week's worksheet and create a new worksheet for the new week. And each week, I select the range "Data" and clear it in the most recently created worksheet. the thing is, I always thought that Range names were unique across a workbook, and that you couldn't have the same Range N...

Underlying Connection was Closed when opening System Settings
I've seen a couple of threads on "Underlying Connection was Closed" when opening System Settings. I just found a solution not mentioned in those posts and thought I would add to the knowledge base. System Settings requires a connection to Microsoft SQL Reporting Server (SRS). If your SRS server is down or offline the above error will be displayed. Zack Jones Chief Architect Q1 Technology ...

close workbook without saving or promt to save
i am new to excel 2007 and when closing the only visible sheet in my workbook i need it to close the workbook without offering option to save. i have tried to use macros but i dont think im doing it correctly. i have a active button that works but i would like it to work when you close from the top right x or exit excel button. shane In Thisworkbook module of your workbook. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) ThisWorkbook.Saved = True End Sub Note you have to save at least once before closing first time or you will lose the code your just pasted into the...

Copying from one workbook to another, without taking the name of the 1st workbook with it.
I am trying to copy from one workbook to another and when I paste the copied sheet into the new workbook, the cells refer to the name of the first workbook and I want to take that out before I paste into the new workbook. Anyone know how to get around this? Hi! If you are copying a whole sheet from one workbook to another, use th copy sheet dialogue box. (Edit>Move or copy sheet..) Remember to check Create a copy and select the workbook to copy to fro the upper dropdown box. Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Jenny You can do this Select all cells Use replace ...

Try Catch to Pinpoint Set-Based Error?
SQL 2008. I have a fairly simple Merge statement with this: When Not Matched Then Insert Values ( ... long column list ... cast( crazyCol1 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) , cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) ) The insert source is about 50,000 rows. One of the rows is failing the cast (original source is varchar(36). I would like to implement a try/catch block around this somehow so I can catch the offending row. How can I do that? Thanks. SnapDive (...

Macro to Protect workbook using a password #2
I know this would be a little unorthodox, but I currently have a macro that will unprotect a workbook including a password. The line is as follows: ActiveWorkbook.Unprotect (password) I also want a macro that will do just the opposite, including the password. Is this possible? I've tried the following with no luck. ActiveWorkbook.Protect (password), Structure:=True, Windows:=True You got two replies when to your identical post on Tuesday. If they weren't suitable, please explain why not. If you didn't see them, you can always see your posts and any replies using the Go...

Date on Template
I created some templates and am choosing to bring over a date to be shown in the template when it is run. I have selected this attribute to be date only and not date & time. Every time I run the template it still shows date+time+time zone. Is there a way to show only the date and not the rest of the data. Thanks for any help anyone can provide. ...

International Range style settings
Hi there, I am using Excel 2007, the Ducth version. I have created a workbook with macros, partly recorded. In one of the I am using some code like With ActiveCell If .Value < gdblNormValue Then .Style = "Ongeldig" End If End With In the English version it shoul be With ActiveCell If .Value < gdblNormValue Then .Style = "Bad" End If End With Is there a constant I can ue instead of the text "Bad"? Thanks Wouter Styles have both Name and Local name properties, so I *think* the English name should work ...

Outlook 2003 changing global auto archive settings?
Outlook offers to Run Auto Archive every days. It allows you to run it more frequently, but I would like to run it less frequently. In other words, I would like to run it every 120 days and then archive the bottom four months. It doesn't seem that you can change the auto archive setting above 60 days. Is there a way to do this? I have the box checked to ask me before auto archiving - but if I say no, will it continue to ask? Or, will it never ask again? Essentially I would like to archive every 4 months and not more frequently - and I would like to archive my inbox and my se...

Calculate Dates with If Then Else Statements
I need to calculate total years’ full time experience (i.e. 2.5 years, 3.25 years, etc.) in an Access 2003 database form. This is what I am trying to do: If the Full-Time End Date is Blank, use Today's Date, ELSE if the Full-Time End Date has a Date, use that Date. Separately, these two formulas work: =DateDiff("m",[FullTimeStartDate],Now())/12 =DateDiff("m",[FullTimeStartDate],[FullTimeEndDate])/12 My problem is writing a statement to calculate using the END DATE if one is entered, or NOW, if there is no end date. I have tried many combinations, but can’t ge...

Single set of folders in Navigation Pane?
In Outlook 2007, I have Exchange Server and 2 POP accounts. I would like all of the messages from all of the accounts to display in the navigation pane in the same folders and follow the same rules and alerts. Currently I have Mailbox fro exchange and Personal folders for the 2 POP accounts. Can someone help me out with this? Thanks! You can set your delivery location for each account in; Tools-> Account Settings...-> tab Email You'll have to decide if you want the default location to be a pst-file or the Exchange mailbox. If you choose for a pst-file, all the d...

PoRequestPowerIrp completion routine IRQL.
At what IRQL will the completion routine for PoRequestPowerIrp be called, passive level? Regards, Rossetoecioccolato. I think this is explicitly documented: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms806596.aspx --=20 Maxim S. Shatskih Windows DDK MVP maxim@storagecraft.com http://www.storagecraft.com "RossettoeCioccolato" <rossetoecioccolato@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in = message news:urLGLFSzKHA.928@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > At what IRQL will the completion routine for PoRequestPowerIrp be = called,=20 > passive level? >=20 > Reg...

How do I set up auto complete from a drop down list in Excel 2000.
I have a 10 sheet workbook that I will be sending out to various users around the world. For their convenience, we are adding a lot of drop down lists for them to choose from. However, since there are many options to choose from in each list we would like for it to auto complete based on their initial entries: Ed -> list to jump to Edinburgh, etc.... I have enabled the AutoComplete in the cell values button in the Tools/Options/Edit tab, but it is still not working. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Hi not possible for the data validation listboxes --...

Filter Date
Hi, I have a form which contains a listbox (holding the values Process Date and Quantity) and I have a textbox which displayed the current month. What I want to do is when I click on a command button (cmdMonthDown) and the textbox value changes from May to April I want the values in the listbox to be filtered so that only those values are disiplayed that were entered in April. If I'm not making sense please let me know otherwise your help would be appreciated. Thanks Reference the text box as a parameter in the list box's RowSourcee, e.g. if the text box shows the month name in fu...

Date Format when incoming date can be 0
I have a date fiels yyyymmdd which can have a value of 0 or a valid date in recent past. Excel displays the 0 date as 01/01/1900 and the non zero dates as expected. Cant figure this out , any help would be appreciated. Excel uses a sequencial number from either 1/1/1900, or 1/1/1904 (depending on your options) as the date value for Example 6/3/2005 is 38506 using the 1/1/1900 if the cell is formatted as a date it is responding with the date it thinks you mean. If you want the cell to display a zero =if(Date=0,"0",date) "DP NY10601" wrote: > I have a date fiels y...

how to calculate the substraction between two dates
hi, i have two cells ,in which there are two dates. (for instance ,one cel l 08/02 ,the other 07/30) if the gap of the two dates is 2 days , something will be set to do. but it is difficult to judge the the substraction between two dates any good ideas. thanks Perhaps this might be of help .. Assume the *dates* "2-Aug-2004" and "30-Jul-2004" are input in A1 and B1, and A1:B1 is custom formatted as: mm/dd viz. it'll show as: In A1: 08/02 In B1: 07/30 Try in C1: =DAY(ABS(A1-B1))-1 Format C1 as: General or Number C1 will return: 2 i.e. the number of days...

Date Range
Hi, When I want the date rage appeared on the report header, I use textbox and put (qry criteria) in its recordsource. It works fine. However, For this time, I got a message like this ‘First([Between [From this date] And [To this date]])" Is there something wrong with the qry criteria? Would you please show me how to fix the problem? Thanks Chi It's very hard to understand the crtieria, can you post the full SQL What is the First in the beginning? Why there are to square brackes in the end And in the beinning? First([Between [From this date] And [To this date]])" T...

Task start/end dates from MS project to Workspace site
We are currently running MSPS 2007 with WSS 3.0. I am trying to create a list in one of the project work spaces. I would like to auto-populate two columns in that list with the start and end date of certain tasks from the Project Plan in MS project. I am thinking we can do this by linking these columns to the the project SQL database fields. So, 1) Do I use the published SQL databse for this? 2) Which fields in the SQL database would I have to link to get the Start and End dates? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice AutoList in ASP.Net http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...

I need help setting up my database
I used Access in the past, so I have a general idea on how to use it, but now I have Microsoft 2007, so it's not as familiar. I currently have an excel document with staff names and drills they have performed. The drills include dates, times, an observer, and if they passed or failed. I had considered doing something where I had a table with all my staff, and then connecting tables for each person to list out the specifics for their drills. I don't know how to link the relationship with that though because the table name was the staff's name, so there wasn't a...

Setting series values on Excel Chart

Double emails when setting up new POP3
A long time problem I'd like to resolve is when setting up a new, or resetting an user name and password for a POP3 mail account. In all versions of outlook I have users who keep many months of email stored on the mail server. I don't mind them keeping it there, but for some of these people, when I setup a new logon name to the same mail account the Outlook program is somehow reset and does not know that it already has months of emails in its account. So, it goes ahead and downloads them all over again. Well, I've used Duplicate Email remover that works nicely to remove t...

How to set up a uato incremnt in sql server 5000 express
Hi, I'm trying to get into database programming. Cannot figure out how to do a auto int for my key value in sql server express. Ted On 19-12-2009 19:40, tedpottel wrote: > I'm trying to get into database programming. Cannot figure out how to > do a auto int for my key value in sql server express. Set IDENTITY on the field. Arne PS: This is a C# forum. "tedpottel" <tedpottel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:29a76b36-a911-425c-a46d-6f3c03ed5586@c3g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > I'm trying to get into database programming. Cannot figu...

IE6 ignore font size setting = Outlook fixed 12-pt messages
Setting IE6's Accessibility option to Ignore font sizes specified on web pages (so I can read online newspaper text at my 1600x1200 resolution setting) produces an undesirable side effect in my Outlook 2K-generated html- format email messages: all message text is fixed at 12 point, even though my Outlook default message size is set at 10 point. Manually changing the font size in the message has no effect. Closest KB article I can find is one for Outlook Express (#178895), which indicates "this is by design." If so, why would someone who wants to vary the font size displa...