row and col ref are all num how can I get it back to letters?

in excel 2007 my column and row references are all numbers all of a sudden.
How can I get the column references back to letters?
0
Julio (2)

To turn R1C1 referencing on or off in Excel 2007:

1. Click the Office Button.
2. Click Excel Options.
3. Switch to the Formulas tab.
4. Click the R1C1 reference style check box. A filled box will enable R1C1,
a cleared box will disable it.
5. Click OK.

"Julio" wrote:

> in excel 2007 my column and row references are all numbers all of a sudden.
> How can I get the column references back to letters?

Keys don't type letters anymore
My two year old attacked my computer and now when I type I don't get letters anymore - for example, when I type "m", the screen minimizes. When I type "e" "My Computer" comes up. Can you tell me please how to get back to letters again??? Thanks. -- Janet Check to see if your 'Alt' key is stuck. -- ~ Kathleen Anderson Microsoft MVP - Expression Web Spider Web Woman Designs Expression Web Resources: http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/xweb/ Expression Web Wiki: http://expression-web-wiki.com/ FrontPage Resources: http://www.spiderwebw...

Row Height when Wrapping Text
I have a program that saves to excel. When saving comments to excel, it wraps the text in a row. I want to continue to wrapt the text. Is there any way to automatically change the row height to fit the text (the text is more than one line)? Thanks, Missy The default is to autofit. If you have changed the row height, then this disables the autofit. Select the row and do Format=>Row=>Autofit. If you have merged cells, then this won't work. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy <mdyoung3390@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:027b01c3d32c$c114bf50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a ...

csv-file-lines back to excel rows and columns
Hello, My Excel-version is 2002. I am working with long lists of Attendees for courses and get them in csv-format, so all Data are in long rows with commas inbetween. But I need them in rows and columns, name under name, adress under adress and so on. Is there a Way to convert them from csv to rows and columns? Thank you rosalia You may want to post a sample (not the workbook) of how your data is laid out. And if the data is all in a long column (not row), then is each group delimited by anything (blank row)?? Or is it x rows per group? You'll get different suggestions based on the l...

Visio thinks an invisible line is present during line routing, but can't select it otherwise
I spent hours making a big flow chart only to notice when I'd finished that Visio thinks that there is an invisible long line that extends vertically up about 3/4 of the chart. At least I think that's what Visio thinks. The line is invisible so it is somewhat hard to see. The only reason I know it's there is because all of the lines that cross it have that little cross over hump in them. How can I get rid of this invisible line? -- Richard Lewis Haggard It may be an invisible line or it may be an alignment bounding box that is way too big. If the drawing doesn't ha...

remove or hide blank rows
Hello, I have a problem with excel, i have one sheet with a lot of information of project that are plannend for a prefered month. I want to make a list on a other sheet for each month. I want to use the name of the month to generate this sheet. How do i leave the blank rows(because there for a other month) out of this list? Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Erik, Try using Data | Filter | Autofilter to hide all non-related information prior to copying and pasting into the other sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Erik Beijlen via OfficeKB.com" <forum...

Can I enfore the use of stationary
I want every email hat leaves our network to have a disclaimer on it, can I enforce this somehow? In news:%23%23rzuAzEGHA.1464@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl, Slim <me@home.com> typed: > I want every email hat leaves our network to have a disclaimer on it, > can I enforce this somehow? Do you use Exchange? If so, post in an Exchange group such as microsoft.public.exchange.admin, and include your version & SP level. If you don't use Exchange, or even manage your own mail server in-house, signatures in Outlook are your only option. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/content_...

How can I add a column of names for example
I have A2 = adrienne, A3 = Joe how do I do the formuala to make their names = 2 This formula counts the number of non-blank cells in A2:A5 =COUNTA(A2:A5) Does that help? -------------------------- Regards, Ron Microsoft MVP (Excel) (XL2003, Win XP) "christina" <christina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28F5908A-C131-413B-87D8-7040A71C9275@microsoft.com... >I have A2 = adrienne, A3 = Joe how do I do the formuala to make their >names > = 2 "Ron Coderre" wrote: > This formula counts the number of non-blank cells in A2:A5 >...

Can you sub-categorize mutual funds?
I want to customize my portfolio so that I can assign Large Cap Fund, or Small Cap Fund, or other sub-categories to mutual funds. That way I know what % is in Large, Intl, etc. Any ideas how to do this in Standard 2003? Or, can I do this in an upgraded version? In microsoft.public.money, Greg wrote: >I want to customize my portfolio so that I can assign >Large Cap Fund, or Small Cap Fund, or other sub-categories >to mutual funds. That way I know what % is in Large, >Intl, etc. Any ideas how to do this in Standard 2003? >Or, can I do this in an upgraded version? ...

Can't send outgoing email
We've had smallbusiness server for about 8 months. the last couple of days no one can send an outgoing email. the email goes out but no one ever receives them and we do not get an error indicating the delivery failed. Did you check the queues to make sure outgoing is enabled? Shadow have you looked in any of the queues to see where they are going or getting hung up? what version of Exchange? anything in the application event log? "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cf7601c48ac5$2bbca430$a501280a@phx.gbl... > We've had smallbu...

can not send email to hotmail.com from outlook 2000
Hi, After setup smtp server(IIS) , if the destination is hotmail.com, then this email just cannot sending to destination at all, Why? Jason What, if any, error message do you get? "DOTNET" <aspnet@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:OJZAUdCqFHA.2364@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > After setup smtp server(IIS) , if the destination is hotmail.com, > then this email just cannot sending to destination at all, Why? DOTNET <aspnet@newsgroup.nospam> wrote: > After setup smtp server(IIS) , if the destination is hotmail.com, > then this email just ...

Can't save attachments
Attachments- OE removed access to the following unsafe attchments in your mail: "Attachment's name" the attchment is there, but unable to view it in-line or save it to disk was working fine until just updated both windows 2000 and xp prof. through windows update. i assume the update did something to outlook express. outlook express ver: 6.00.2800.1123 can receive e-mails with attachments on xp and 2000, but the paper clip is dulled (not highlighted) so the listed attachment cannot be saved to disk on both xp and 2000. can send attachments to myself from windows xp o...

Get the difference of two values which are on the same row , on t.
Hi, If I want to maintain my daily expenditure on the worksheet of Excel, I need to enter some data on the same day ( or same row of the sheet ) as shown below: Example : Date Money in hand Expenditure Balance 15-10-2007 2800.00 500.00 I should get the balance as 2300.00 on the Balance column. How can I get it on the sheet automatically, after filling first 03 columns? Best Regards. Piya ...

how do I get a "read" receipt?
I know there is a way of getting an email acknowledgement that an email was received and read but I can't figure out how to do it. Help! Tools->Options->Email Options->Tracking options. Note, not all mail clients can send read receipts and many can decline to send them. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, caststeel asked: | I know there is a way of getting an email a...

Convert back from split
Can anyone show me how to get back my database together once I have used the "Database Splitter"? Thanx in advance Why do you need to? It's seldom necessary to rejoin a split database. If you have a legitimate reason, you can delete the linked tables from your front-end, and import them back in (under File | Get External Data) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Faio" <erika@tskl.net.ki> wrote in message news:%23aj5qMytHHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Can anyone show me how to get back my database to...

Next-To-Last, Non-Blank, Rightmost Value in a Row
Consider a single row and ten columns. Some or all or none of the cells in the row will have non-numerical data. Can anyone provide a formula that will display the next-to-last, non-blank, rightmost value in the row? From the sample data below, the result would be "Dog" Column A - Mom Column B - Dad Column C - (blank) Column D - Sis Column E -(blank) Column F - Bro Column G - Dog Column H - (blank) Column I - (blank) Column J - Cat Column K - (FORMULA WHICH PROVIDES THE ANSWER) Thank you for your consideration and support. Ctrl+Shift+enter: =INDEX(1:1,LARG...

get a result of an sql statement in a field ?
Hi there I have an Excel sheet with many lines of data. I would like to know if there is a possibilty to create a field which will execute an sql-statment on an MSsql Database and will return the result. Some thing like (select name from address where uid=$B5) Thanks in advance for any help Ralf I found out that the statement sql.request should do it. But where can I find the addin for Excel 2003 Thanks in advance Ralf "Ralf Meuser" <rmeuser@free.fr> a �crit dans le message de news:40c85d65$0$26917$626a14ce@news.free.fr... > Hi there > > I have an Excel she...

FRX row format, MDA codes should allow me to use wild card charac.
FRX row format, MDA codes should allow me to use wild card characters, such as 11-1100-00,[Group.CODE???] 11-1100-00,[Group.CODE001]+11-1100-00,[Group.CODE002] -- Regards, Raja Raja, When using MDA Group and/or MDA Code within FRX you must explicitly enter the code IN FULL Use of wildcards is not supported, nor permitted. You will have to list each Code individually as you illustrate in your second line. Robert "Raja V" <rvijayarangan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:84D34C61-13BC-42DF-B393-3F16E3E9C151@microsoft.com... > FRX row format, MDA codes should allow me to...

How can I get "Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Disc 2" for chang .xls .
I am tring to convert exel data ".xls to jpg" in order to convert the file I need to have" Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Disc 2". I have purchased microsoft office 2003 proffessional. Did you have Office 2000 previously? Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "susan" <susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF001A7A-723F-4008-AC19-6BBA7EE2E6ED@microsoft.com... >...

Reformating a column and getting it to apply
My full problem is that I have a couple txt files that I need to work with in Excel, however druning the import I can't get a custom format for a column. Because of this I have to import a column that should always be a 4 digit class code as text, I would then like to reformat it to simply be stored as a custom format of the style "0000". My problem is that once I aply the new format I then have to go through ever cell and "F2, enter, F2, Enter, etc". Is there some way to "refresh" a column/row/selection of cells? Thank you AlexV Copy a blank cell. Hig...

Join to get "exception" records
I have two queries Q1 and Q2 which have a common ID field. I want to get the records of Q1 except those where the ID exists in Q2. Is there a way to do this? TIA The Query wizard includes an "unmatched query" that will do what you are asking for. -- Hope that helps! RBear3 .. <john@john.com> wrote in message news:46310F54.2030007@john.com... >I have two queries Q1 and Q2 which have a common ID field. > I want to get the records of Q1 except those where the ID > exists in Q2. > > Is there a way to do this? > > TIA Cool! Thank you! RBear3 wrote:...

How can I sort 4 fields at a time
I have to sort by country: within country by category: within category by Product: within product by order date! My book says I must make 2 passes? How do I do this and have all the information still match to where it belongs. Using a helper column, you can CONCATENATE two columns together (then do Copy > PasteSpecial > Values to get rid of the formulas), and when you sort using that helper column it acts like sorting on 2 columns at once..... hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Deb T" <Deb T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B42B157-CBB1-494F-B7AF-...

can i add excel chart from C++ without making it visible right away?
i want to do something like that : m_charts.Add(...) in a new worksheet but i don't want to view it until i finish to mess around with it. p.s: does anyone know how can i get the Automation functions (excel9) help? i want to know what are the charts.add arguments are... I don't know how you would implement these suggestions from C++, but here's what I'd suggest within VBA. > i want to do something like that : > m_charts.Add(...) in a new worksheet > but i don't want to view it until i finish to mess around > with it. Put Application.ScreenUpdating...

How can I save changes to an appointment already in Outlook?
I need to update an appointment made some time ago, but Outlook won't let me do that. It also won't let me delete the appointment and start over. I keep getting the message: You can't save to a read-only file. Can anyone figure this one out? Azaira ...

users can send from anyone ??? exchange 2000
please help - helpdesk have just flagged an issue with us in that all of our users can choose to send from whomever they like on our global address list. This does not seem to be a send on behalf problem as the messages do not arrive in that format and the users in question have "send as" rights - we are running exchange 2000 with a recently upgraded 2003 ad. - has anyone had this issue before? Hello Timano I didn't have this problem before, but the "send as" permissiosn is probably causing this behaviour. In "Active Directory Users and Computers" click vie...

How can I modify punctuations' formatting in Word 2007
I want NO SPACING between last text word and ; : ? or ! How can I modify desired spacing default in Word 2007? -- Sean You would get that space if Word thinks you're typing in French (and maybe some other languages). Be sure the language of your text is set to English (or whatever it should be). You can display the language in your Status Bar (the bottom frame of the document window) by right- clicking on the bar and choosing it from the list. To set the language for the whole document, select it all (Ctrl-A) and choose the language from that entry in the status bar. On ...