rounding of numbers in worksheet

Help! How do I keep formulas in a worksheet from rounding
up or down. Do I need to do a different formula than =sum
(b2+c2)?
0
anonymous (74722)

Audrey,

What leads you to believe that Excel is rounding?  You might just
need to increase the number of displayed decimal places.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Audrey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help! How do I keep formulas in a worksheet from rounding
> up or down. Do I need to do a different formula than =sum
> (b2+c2)?

0
chip1 (1821)
7/15/2004 7:25:06 PM
"Audrey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help! How do I keep formulas in a worksheet from rounding
> up or down. Do I need to do a different formula than =sum
> (b2+c2)?

Excel will only "round" if you use the "Roundup" or "Rounddown" statement.
Change the number of decimal places.

0
GordonBP1 (262)
7/15/2004 10:09:25 PM
Hi Audrey!

I think that you are confusing rounding with formatting. What is
displayed depends upon the formatting that you have applied, or in the
case of General format, is based upon the column width and font size
used. In all these cases, your formula is being stored in Excel as
calculated.

So rather than change your formula, increase the column width or
select a format you feel is accurate enough for display purposes. But
remember that neither action is changing the stored answer.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)

0
njharker (1646)

Tracking Number on SOP Invoice Form
I am trying to get the Tracking number that is entered in the Sales User Defined Fields Entry Window onto the SOP Long Invoice Form. Does anyone know what tables to create the relationship with? I know the SOP10107 table holds the tracking number into and I was able to get the table in the table list but i must have the incorrect relationship because nothing appears on the report when i add the tracking number. -- Thanks Knavas Hello Knavas, If you are on GP 7.5 SP2 or higher you can refer to KB article 874762. If you are on GP 7.5 SP1 or lower you can refer to KB 859212. Both art...

summarizing worksheet data
Hi, I want to create what should be a relatively simple spreadsheet with, say, fifty worksheets in the workbook. Each worksheet would be identical in terms of number of rows & columns, as well as the type of data those columns contain. On the first worksheet, however, I'd like to be able to summarize the cumulative totals of all the other sheets. So, for instance, if cell a20 on worksheets 2 through 50 contained a formula that calculated a sum of the figures in a1:a19, I'd like to put a formula in a cell in the first worksheet that will total the cell a20 in all the other w...

how can text be set up to generate a number?
i would like to a word generate a number, i.e.> enter "apples"in one cell and excel generate "352" in a different cell for items like inventory. Basically You will need to set up a 'Lookup' table somewhere with Apples 352 In two columns. Complete this for all entries and then if you are going to enter 'Apples' on another sheet in A1 then in A2 enter =VLOOKUP(A1,Your_Lookup_Range_Address,2,FALSE) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "jwmaes" <jwmaes@discussions.microso...

Entering Data Into Text Boxes and Worksheet Protection
I'm wondering if there's a way to enter data into a text box once a worksheet has been protected. Currently, once the sheet is protected, there's no way to enter data into a text box. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks. Stephan There are two different textboxes--one from the drawing toolbar and one from the control toolbox toolbar. But you can rightclick on each and choose: format control (or Format CheckBox There's a tab call protection. Each has a Lock option. (the drawing toolbar has Locked and Lock Text) After I unchecked each of them, I could use them (when I protect...

Numbers Chart
I need a 10x10 chart of numbers 1-100 with the numbers vertical. I'm sure there is a quickie way to do it. thanks, CB -- C and A Bredt Top left corner of chart: =ROW(A1)+10*(COLUMN(A1)-1) Copy to a 10x10 area. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "C and A Bredt" wrote: > I need a 10x10 chart of numbers 1-100 with the numbers vertical. > I'm sure there is a quickie way to do it. > thanks, CB > -- > C and A Bredt > Highlight the cells, format > Cells > Alignment and make it 90 degrees. "Luke...

Sending large number of emails
Does anyone know of the restrictions and/or procedures using Outlook for sending a large number of emails-same message, large number of addressees, like 1000 or more. Thanks Outlook probably won't be the restriction here but your ISP. Contact them to verify that you are indeed allowed to send that many e-mails as once. When you are allowed to so you can either use the BCC field and put all the addresses in there or use a Mail Merge from within Word. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD...

Crack protection passwork worksheet Visio 2000
Hi, Please help me to unprotect a worksheet via Visio 2000 since I forgot my password. Thanks. My ...

refering to a name range area as a reference value multiple times on a worksheet at different locations
i was wondering if i had posted this in the right section as it could apply to both please could you take a look at the following post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_thread/thread/f088a5737dd26570 thank you Is there some reason you can't post your question here instead of asking us to look elsewhere? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Blinds Nottingham" <bradrail.blinds.awnings@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:d8768e43-e035-45eb-856a-0ccdc843441d@g1g2000yqi.googlegroup...

Division on a totaled number
I have a worksheet where I have a column that has number of participants to attend a class, a column that has the length of class and then a column that has a formula to multiply the number of participants times the length to get a total amount of time trained (example 15 people in a one hour class is a total of 15 hours). The column with the total amount I have auto summed so I get a total number of hours for a month. I want to know take that total for the month and divide it so I know how many minutes that breaks down to. I can not get any formula to come out right for me. I know ...

Excel worksheet merge
Hello all, I have searched google, but to no avail. Here goes. I have one set of excel worksheets (one is an exact link to the other) that I copied four times for a total of five. I moved the 1st worksheet of each to an individual folder. So what I am left with are the 5 link worksheets. Can I merge the links together? I have an Access db that I will use to process the info. I have linked the links to an Access db and it works. Except I have 5 dbs instead of the one that I really need. The fields are the same in all linked dbs. My question is- should or can I merge before access and i...

Changing info from one worksheet to the next
Hi all. I have linked my 55 sheets to one which is great. What i need to know now if possible. Each sheet has the same question over 11 columns Each row is dated and a numeric number from 1 - 10 in each row Now on the master sheet where everything is linked, is there a way that If i changed the date on the master sheet it would reflect the answers from the row with that date? At present the answers showing is for 01/03/10, but i would like to look at the totals for 08/03/10 and show the answers from each sheet for that date. I could have a sheet for each week, but im hoping there i...

Change sheet number in formula
Is there a way to do the following. I have a sheet with a formula that reference to another sheet. I need to pull a number from the same cell in every sheet. I want to do a summary of some sheets using the formula... =+'Sheet1'!A1 =+'Sheet2'!A1 Instead of hard coding the sheet number in the above formula, is there a way to reference a sheet number from another cell.?? ie Cell A1 = Sheet1" Cell A2 = "Sheet2" Then have another cell that pulls from A1 =+'CellA1'!A1 Very difficult to explain.... hope that made some sense... Thanks ** Post...

retaining fonts when placing excel worksheet into pagemaker?
I am currently placing excel worksheets into Pagemaker software. I am having particular trouble with retaining the fonts in the text cells. When it appears in pagemaker the spacing is wierd and the numbers eg.(12/8) are crammed together. I used excel 2003. I am not a pagemaker wizard soooooooooo please help. Cindy I think PageMaker will let you Edit-->Paste special-->as a picture, won't it? Sorry, it's been a long time... ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "parrydise" <parrydise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Delete blank worksheets
Hi All, I searched to find a VBA code to detect blank worksheets and delete them, I find one with green tick mark , but It dosen't work in my macro: sub delwrksheet() Dim sh As Worksheet Application.DisplayAlerts = False For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets If ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Count > 1 Then If IsEmpty(ActiveSheet.UsedRange) Then sh.Delete End If End If Next sh Application.DisplayAlerts = True end sub Thanks in advance Bijan Hi You are looking at the same sheet each time (Activesheet) Try changing the...

Worksheet views
Hi, I have a file with numerous spreadsheets. Each sheet fits the scree perfectly on my monitor but other users have different size screens an so have to scroll across to see certain types of data. Is there a way that I can force the sheets to fit any users page a they open the file?? Thanks for any help -- Jahung ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jahunga's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1529 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26916 You can put this code behind the sheets ...

Viewing 2 worksheets in the same workbook
Is there a way of viewing data on two separate worksheets in the same workbook in a similar way to splitting a single worksheet? Thanks Choose Window> New Window Choose Window> Arrange Select Tile (or one of the other options), and check the box 'Windows of active workbook' Click OK In each of the windows, select a different worksheet to view. Ant wrote: > Is there a way of viewing data on two separate worksheets in the same > workbook in a similar way to splitting a single worksheet? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures....

Worksheet Change Event log for multiple cells
Dear All, I have a spreadsheet that is available here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b02e5h4/n/Worksheet_change_event.zip (although I scanned it for viruses please make sure you do it again prior to opening it as I cannot guarantee it's worm free). I would like to create a log file in an additional sheet (hidden probably) that would record every activity from column E after clicking a button assigned to a cell in that column and show these records in a worksheet Totals in a specific row. For example: Column A from a worksheet „Totals” corresponds with column A in ...

What happened to the column number count in the status bar?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I am new to using Office with a mac, and I have a lame question. I am using Word 2008. There used to be options as to what counts and tools you could put at the bottom of the window. Such as, word count, page number, column number etc. I don't see any options to customize the status bar. Am I missing something? It used to be as easy as right clicking (w/PC) and selecting which tool you wanted. How do I do this with my Mac??? Any help is appreciated. -B Yeah, evidently the guy/gal in charge of those features was out...

Comparing two numbers
I am trying to figure out how to compare two numbers (that are constantly changing in value) to see if they meet a particular ratio and then pick the smallest of that original number to be carried forward. I have tried nesting If statements but end up with "False" answers instead of 0 sometimes. This is the type of data I am tring to compare along with the conditions that must be met. Example 1. a. 166.00 b. 97.00 First condition: If B>=1/3A Second condition: If B meets first condition then B must be larger than C. Third condition If B meets second condition then C is ...

Importing numbers from 200 worksheets into 1
I wish to import numeric data from numerous worksheets, say upto 200, into an overall summary page. For example, I have 200 projects, thus each worksheet is named Prj1, Prj2, etc. In each of these I enter the numbers of hours that the workforce book to these projects. The list of workforce members can be up to 100 different designations, and different projects necessarily do not use the same combination of the workforce. For example: Column C Column E Prj1 row 17 lead electrical engineer 200 Row 23 Senior mechanical engineer 450 Row 51 Junior piping engineer 700 Pr...

Bring Data from other worksheets....
Good Evening and thank you for looking at my problem.... I have a workbook that is a schedule for a staff of 5. Each worksheet is a month in the year Oct, Nov etc., then at the end of this workbook I have a worksheet named Whole Year. I want to see each respective month on the whole year by referancing each already filled cell on the various months. Unfortunatly when I auto sum a specific cell on any of the multiple months I populates with a 0 instead of "D" or "N" as indicated on the schedules. On the individual pages I use =IF (X7="",X6,X7) to allow...

Faulty memory
Hi Everyone, Some time ago I was playing with some Goldmine data and the major obstruction to my migration was that it stored the name data in the format: Last Name and Full Name - no first name. So I put the data into an Excel spreadsheet, then I did something clever that escapes me now. I think I may have used the LEN command to change the text strings to a numeric value, then subtract the last name value from full name value then convert what I had left back to text - which gave me the first name. I can't seem to get it back into text, if I did use the LEN command at all. Can anyone...

How can I fill 2nd worksheet (in different order) with data from 1st worksheet? #2
Please help. I have a large amount of data where the 1st worksheet serves as the basis for the second. I want to have the second sheet filled automatically, based on information in the first. This is my set up. This Sheet is Called Payroll Data A B C D ............ H I Name Job Description Status Reg RegFB OT-FB 5 Adams, John Butcher FT $ 36.23 0.4321 0.0974 6 Mason, George Baker PT $ 18.56 0.4367 0.0974 7 Richter, Thomas CndlestkMkr T $ 22.11 0.4021 0.0732 8 Wilson, James President FT $ 66.99 0.5355 0.0974 This sheet is called FAL - Analysis A B C D ............. A...

Telephone Numbers
How do I format an entire column to automatically convert the number: 1236785555 to appear (123) 678-5555? Highlight the cells, then do Right-click > FormatCells > NumberTAB > Special > PhoneNumber > OK Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Kennel slave" wrote: > How do I format an entire column to automatically convert the number: > 1236785555 to appear (123) 678-5555? Thanks, Chuck! It worked! "CLR" wrote: > Highlight the cells, then do Right-click > FormatCells > NumberTAB > Special > > PhoneNumber > OK > > Vaya con Dio...

making random numbers, one greater than other
1) I try to generate random numbers i A1 and B1 the numbers should be between 1 and 10 and A1 must be greater than B1 (i.e. A1>B1) 2) I try to generate random numbers i A1 and B1 their sum must be smaller than 10 (i.e. A1+B1<10) thanks in advance This in A1... =RAND()*10 ...will produce Random number <10 This in B1... =RAND()*(A1) ..will produce Random number <A1 This in C1... =MIN(RAND()*A1,RAND()*(10-A1)) ...will produce Random number less than A1 and when summed with A1 will be less than 10 hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Navid Sami" wrote: > 1) I tr...