Retrieve multiple dates, from a week number?

I'm really new to excel and this forum, so please bear with me...

What I'm looking to do, is having one "week-sheet" and one sheet for
every workday, and having each of them updated with their correspondent
dates.

I.e. when I update/clear the excel file, to start a new week, I would
like each of the "day-sheets" to have a cell with their relevant date.

Ex
I update the file:
1) Cell A1 in "Week" retrieves the right week number.
2) Cell A1 in "Monday" retrieves the date for Monday in the current
week
3) Cell A1 in "Tuesday" retrieves...
etc.

(If possible I would like this operation to disregard the actual day of
the update (TODAY) so that I could update the file on a wednesday, and
still have the right dates for each day)

Is this possible? Do I need expansions? How?

Thanks in advance.

--
stonescar
stonescar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36048

In order to work with week numbers you would need the analysis pack of
MS Office.

The easiest way to implement what you want ot do  seems to be that you
put in A1 of your "week" sheet the date of the first day of that week.
On each of your "day" sheets you could have a simple formula that
refers to that day plus 0, 1, 2 etc depending upon what day you are on
like in =Sheet1!A1+1 for Tuesday, if your week starts on Monday.

Hans

stonescar schrieb:

> I'm really new to excel and this forum, so please bear with me...
>
> What I'm looking to do, is having one "week-sheet" and one sheet for
> every workday, and having each of them updated with their correspondent
> dates.
>
> I.e. when I update/clear the excel file, to start a new week, I would
> like each of the "day-sheets" to have a cell with their relevant date.
>

> Ex
> I update the file:
> 1) Cell A1 in "Week" retrieves the right week number.
> 2) Cell A1 in "Monday" retrieves the date for Monday in the current
> week
> 3) Cell A1 in "Tuesday" retrieves...
> etc.
>
> (If possible I would like this operation to disregard the actual day of
> the update (TODAY) so that I could update the file on a wednesday, and
> still have the right dates for each day)
>
> Is this possible? Do I need expansions? How?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> --
> stonescar
> stonescar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36048
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=558393

0
hansyt (53)

Excel Regional Date Format Options
A client of ours in NZ is complaining that date format options for English (New Zealand) have changed from older versions of excel (they are using 2003) Some of their spreadsheets have dates formatted as dd-mmm-yy, mmm-yy and dddd,dd,mmm but these options do not exist anymore. Is there anyway to add options to this list without using the custom format option? Thanks, Jesse I just compared the Excel 97 and Excel 2003 built-in date formats and they are mostly unchanged. 2003 has a few more but I don't think there were any subtractions. The formats dd-mmm-yy and mmm-yy are righ...

Error message needed if incorrect Date Of Birth (DOB) entered
Hi, In cell D6 I have a DOB entered....in cell E6 I have a datedif function that has 3 conditional formatting set as: 1 - If D6 is blank, E6 is blank. 2 - If DOB in D6 is between 18 - 24 then E6 shows age and cell is yellow. 3 - If DOB in D6 is 25 or over then E6 shows age and cell is blue. What I need is when a DOB is entered in D6 under 16 years old, then D6 returns an error message -" You have Entered an Age under 16 Years - Retry!! ". I have tried Data Validation, but cant get a message from tha as I dont know what to set as the date validation. I do need a...

How chart time scale x-axis with another date serie
Hello all. I have this problem, I will need to create this chart that I don't know how to. Serie 1 is below which needs to be time scaled Date Count 1/1/2006 12 1/2/2006 3 1/3/2006 5 2/1/2006 18 2/3/2006 4 2/18/2006 9 4/1/2006 18 7/4/2006 38 Serie 2 - needs to plot the three dates in serie 1's time scaled X-Axis with symbols. 1/31/2006 2/18/2006 4/2/2006 I will look something like you have a line of count on a time-scaled chart, with 3 dates point in the x-axis. Please ...

Cells print so small I cannot read numbers. How do I fix?
I have been working with page break. Now I have the grid on 1 page..but it is far to small to read. now when I try to spread it back to 2 pages, it just takes the same tiny microscopic type and spreads it into 2 pages. I am stuck printing tiny type. How can I get the grid cells back to a size that is readable. It sound like you have selected Fit to 1 page in File > Page setup > Page > Scaling. Either select to fit it to 2 pages or select Adjust to 100% size -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Repl...

Copy field data to multiple places

Outlook 2003
I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either the subject or text body...or both. For example: looking for an email message about a specific invoice number 12345. Now, it does not find the number even when I know it's there....and can find it by hunting on my own. Thanks for any help you can offer~ "Hello_It''''s_Me-CA" <HelloItsMeCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B942C394-5363-49BE-AFB3-04E34C1CE4BF@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either > t...

Summary of Difference between dates in years, months, days
I need to calculate the difference between 2 dates and then total them. Here's what I have so far: From To Length of Service 01/09/2003 31/01/2010 6y 4m 30d 01/06/2000 30/11/2002 2y 5m 29d Total of Service: ?????????? I've used the following formula to calculate the total days worked: =DATEDIF(A4,B4,"Y")&"y "&DATEDIF(A4,B4,"ym")&"m "&DATEDIF(A4,B4,"md&...

Change color of multiple autoshapes
I need to change the color of several autoshape based on different cells I know how to change one autoshape using a worksheet_change event but i can't just copy and paste this and change the object name + cell name. is it possible to have multiple worksheet_change events in the same worksheet?? T-bone, You have only one worksheet_change event, but in it you can test to see which cell was changed with something like If not Intersect(Target, Range("A1") is nothing then ' do range A1 stuff here end if If not Intersect(Target, Range("A2") is nothing then &#...

Date/Time Displayed as 07/tt/jjjj
Hi, I'm new with MS CRM and just testing it. I have a prob with all date/time fields like described in the subject of this post. Timezone is set for all users Problem occurs in all date/time fields in the web application Anyone has a clue? Regards Jan As Administrator, go to Home > Settings > there is an area in there (can't remember what its called) that enable you to change default date/time format "JanScheider" <JanScheider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1F22171-AEDC-4222-A8CE-3E333B0576CA@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'...

How do I add multiple times together
Hi does anyone know how I can add multiple times togther and get the anser in hours and minutes. I have formatted the cell for time however when I atosum I keep getting an answer that is incorrect. Any help? Thanks D Maybe it was just a formatting problem. Try a custom format of: [hh]:mm Playhouse pm wrote: > > Hi does anyone know how I can add multiple times togther and get the anser in > hours and minutes. I have formatted the cell for time however when I atosum I > keep getting an answer that is incorrect. Any help? > Thanks > D -- Dave Peterson ...

multiple instances of IE on same site
I have winxp and use IE 8. My problem is that I have 2 usernames on some web forums. I used to be able to login using both usernames and have both instances running simultaneously. Now I can't. Everytime I'm logged in and try to initiate another instance the username just changes. It does not allow me to open 2 IEs with 2 usernames at the same time. I'm pretty sure this is just a setting but I don't know where it is. The reason I think it's an IE setting is that when I try to login with a competitor browser as the 2nd user...it allows it. Any help would be gre...

Multiple entries in CRM Contacts when viewed from Outlook
Hi everyone, We have an odd problem going on here with this. When we create a new E-mail in Outlook, select the To button and the CRM Contacts, it brings up the list of contacts from CRM that we can select from. All good so far. The problem is that each contact appears several times and it's different for different users. For example, every contact appears 6 times for me. It makes for a very long list. All of them are valid and any one of those 6 can be selected and the address will be correct and it will track against the correct contact. Other users have anywhere from the correc...

Excluding multiple checking accounts from budget totals?
Howdy! Running Money06, and I have two checking accounts synching through Bank of America. Everything there is working well, but one thing that I dont like is that the totals for BOTH accounts are added together. I have two accounts, 'personal' and 'class', and both accounts are shown in the net balance statements, the 'spending by catagory' chart on the home page etc. I would like to keep synched with my class account, but want it excluded from all of the balances.. any suggestions? "Raichean" <Raichean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Multiple recipients for one address
Total newbie question. I work for a company with a dedicated service department. I need for up to 5 people to be able to get a copy of a message that comes in to the address "servcie@ourdomain.com". I tried adding this address to each of the users, but I can't give one address to multiple users. I don't want to create a "Service" user and have them check that account. I just want the emails to be routed from the service@ address to each users' inbox. Total newbie, so detailed answers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Create a mail-enabled Grou...

Comparing 4 dates and getting 1 headache
Hi everyone, I have a problem hopefully some one can help me out with. I have the following 4 dates… Beginning Date of Service Ending Date of Service Eligible Beginning Date of Service Eligible Ending Date of Service I need a formula that will compare the Beginning Date of Service to the Eligible Beginning Date of Service, if the Eligible date is later it will take that if is earlier then it will take the Beginning Date of Service and compare it to the Ending Date of Service if the Eligible Ending Date of Service is later then the Ending Date of Service or the Ending Date of Serv...

Problems Sending Messages to domains w/ multiple MX records
Got a question for the Exchange experts out there. We have a wierd situation occuring where e-mails we send to domains w/ multiple MX records either do not get through or the recipient receives the message multiple times until we manually delete the message in the ESM/Queues. All other messages get through fine. We have come to this conclusion (problem is with multiple MX records) by testing the domains we are having problems w/ using www.dnsstuff.com DNS Lookup tool for MX records. All of them come back w/ multiple MX records. Here is what has changed recently: We moved to a new locat...

ERROR check if a date set entered violates a perviously entered date set
I am devloping an Excel program that has a list of date sets, not necessarily in sequencial order. What I want is an ERROR CHECK if a date set violates any date set previously entered. What I was looking for was that a date set could not be typed in as follows: 1/10/04 to 4/20/04 2/10/04 to 3/20/04 The second date set falls within the first set and should be invalid setting off a message or an alert of an invalid entry. I am interested in making it idiot proof so that one could not enter date sets within or covering dates sets already entered. This one really throws me, Please help. ...

make a Year to date column
Can someone please suggest how I can get the year to day column display Nothing if there is not anything in the preceding column? Eg... Column K is YTD. Column J is Invoice total. I figured out how to hide the zeros in the J column... but can't figure out how to make K show nothing until there is a figure in J. Its a simple sheet. Just adds invoices.. and provides a YTD figure. But looks DUMB when the last YTD figure is carried all the way down the column. Thank you ... Try something like this in say, K2, copied down: =IF(J2="","","<yourCumuYTDformul...

How do I format a cell to auto date
I would like to have a date automatically enter itself each time I open the spreadsheet. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Hi George Use a function like this one for todays date =TODAY() -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EF21130-EBD9-41C2-8CB5-5723BE40CBB1@microsoft.com... >I would like to have a date automatically enter itself each time I open the > spreadsheet. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be appreciated. > Thanks ...

Multiple SMTP connectors in the queue for exhange system manager 2k3!
Hi, Starting today I�m getting reports from the monitoring service on SBS2k3 that says. SMTP Server Remote Queue Length Alert A large number of messages are pending in the e-mail server send queue. Verify that you have Internet connectivity. If you can view Web sites normally, contact your Internet service provider (ISP) to determine if there is a problem with their e-mail server. You can disable this alert or change its threshold by using the Change Alert Notifications task in the Server Management Monitoring and Reporting taskpad. Well, off I am into the queue in exchange systemmanager...

I'd like to do a mass update of salesperson ID against multiple c.
I'd like to do a mass update of salesperson ID against multiple customers. My customer is manually updating the salesperson ID against each customer. They are replacing the existing ID with a new ID. Same IDs occur against multiple customers. To speed things up they would a mass update feature. Is it possible? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sugg...

order number and invoice sequences
When we enter an order in great plains, the order is assigned a number. A packing slip is then generated with the same number. Then when transferred to an invoice for billing the system assigns an invoice number that is not the same. How do we maintain the same number through out the process? Ken, Out of the box, there isn't a way to do this. When you transfer a document from one to the other- the document number to be used is just pulled from the next invoice number which most likely won't match your order. So what you are looking at is that you enter an order with perhaps OR...

retrieving outlook web access mail using outlook express
how do i set up my outlook express to receive and access my outlook web access email account? it's my buisiness mail and i need to add it to my hotmail account in outlook express. PJ ...

Sum values that precede todays date
I am trying to find a way to sum the values of payments made to date? eg Date Payment 01/01/2007 10 01/02/2007 12 01/03/2007 11 01/04/2007 10 01/05/2007 10 01/06/2007 23 01/07/2007 10 01/08/2007 10 01/09/2007 10 01/10/2007 10 SUM 116 So if it was today it would sum all values preceding the figure for July? Is there an easy way to do this using a formula? I have tried using the offset and match formula but then i can't get it to sum all previous payments. Many thanks for your help Jody =SUMIF(A:A,"<="&TODAY(),B:B) -- HTH Bob (the...

Random numbers, letters, pictures?
I have four questions about generating items randomly. I know how to generate numbers randomly, but how do I generate 1. Numbers less than 5 but greater than -1? 2. Two digit numbers. Also is it possible to generate random letters in a shape or text box and random pictures? I'm currently using the code below to generate my random numbers. Dim First As Integer Dim Second As Integer Dim Answer As Integer Sub Initalize() Randomize ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Next End Sub Sub RandomNumber() First = CStr(Int(Rnd() * 10)) Second = CStr(Int(Rnd() * 10)...